What's new

Scientology member Karen Downing has Disconnected from her children and grandchildren

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Scientology member Karen Downing has Disconnected from her children and grandchildren.

Tony has the full story today as his second item:

http://tonyortega.org/2015/12/08/le...ie-holmes-front-and-center-for-psych-busting/

The Disconnection letter:

DowningLetter.jpg

Excerpt from Tony's post:

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

UPDATE: Here are a couple of recent pictures that Karen Downing, the author of this disconnection letter, recently posted at her Facebook page. (We checked with Scott Campbell to make sure this is the right person).

KarenDowning1.jpg

KarenDowning2.jpg

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

guRl

Patron with Honors
Re: Scientology member Karen Downing has Disconnected from her children and grandchil

"It was great having you as a daughter in this lifetime and maybe we can pick you up in the future"??
WTF!! I can't even..!

I hate Scientology, I hate it, I hate it!!
:angry:

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
Re: Scientology member Karen Downing has Disconnected from her children and grandchil

That's good riddance screw her

Cut themselves off from the world it helps them shrink faster, far as I'm concerned scientologists do more harm than good in the end so they are doing us a favor when the disconnect

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

That's good riddance screw her

Cut themselves off from the world it helps them shrink faster, far as I'm concerned scientologists do more harm than good in the end so they are doing us a favor when the disconnect
I'm not sure Karen Downing's daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren would agree.

I'm thinking the grandchildren might what to see grandma, and not just receive cards on their birthdays. (Obviously, as set forth in the Disconnection letter, the grandchildren will receive cards on their birthdays only if the Church of Scientology Office of Special Affairs (OSA) approves. Disaffected grandchildren don't deserve birthday cards.)

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron

THANKS to ESMB for showing this type of thing.

It is ugly, awful, nasty, and crazy.

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious

I'm not sure Karen Downing's daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren would agree.

I'm thinking the grandchildren might what to see grandma, and not just receive cards on their birthdays. (Obviously, as set forth in the Disconnection letter, the grandchildren will receive cards on their birthdays only if the Church of Scientology Office of Special Affairs (OSA) approves. Disaffected grandchildren don't deserve birthday cards.)

i agree their loss upsets me but there's a huge benefit of not having a grandma that wants to recruit the grandkids into a cult that is a map of the mind of a man who caused and continues to cause trainwrecks for families of epic proportions for himself and anyone that follows or crosses his path

i'd be teaching the grandkids about how scientology treats kids and that grandma is in a dangerous cult so if they see her again they should scream for help, hopefully they're very upset and will start a youtube channel to teach other families how to avoid this

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious

Oh, it's not "birthdays" for which this deranged grandma "might" send a card if OSA approves, it's "birthday's".

I have no idea how old these grandchildren are, but I agree they are much, much better off not to be exposed to this type of fanaticism.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Scientology member Karen Downing has Disconnected from her children and grandchildren.

Tony has the full story today as his second item:

http://tonyortega.org/2015/12/08/le...ie-holmes-front-and-center-for-psych-busting/

The Disconnection letter:

DowningLetter.jpg

Excerpt from Tony's post:

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

UPDATE: Here are a couple of recent pictures that Karen Downing, the author of this disconnection letter, recently posted at her Facebook page. (We checked with Scott Campbell to make sure this is the right person).

KarenDowning1.jpg

KarenDowning2.jpg

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

I don't know why I'm so stunned, I really shouldn't be ... but phew, stunned is exactly how I feel and though overall I totally agree that the Grandchildren may want to see Grandma and be terribly hurt by her incredible dismissal of the family, overall they are better off without such a two faced lunatic in their lives, it just may take a little while before they realise it.

How sad ... and at this time of year too (correction, it was sent in 2010).

I'm in shock at the callousness ... even though many of us have experienced it ourselves.

Last edited:

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious

You know, trouble, in a way that's a good thing. It means you have the normal human emotions.

Yes, I noticed that email was from 2010. Meaning those young children are not so young any more. I would presume they have moved on. As children do. Even in what was the closest of grandparent/grandchild relationships, there comes the time when they are into full teenagerhood that there is a "breaking away". Let's face it, it would no longer be cool to go to a movie with your grandma as a teenager. But my 10 yr. old grandson is still happy about going to see the Charlie Brown Movie with grandma.

But normally when children enter their young adulthood there is a reawakened closeness with grandparents. I've seen young adults turn to a grandparent for advice rather than to a parent. Probably because there is less judgement from a grandparent.

These $cientologists are just so twisted....it is disgusting. I have very little sympathy for any of them, even knowing they are brainwashed.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Even though we all know too well the delusions & insanities of Scientology, this story is still shocking.

But there is a silver lining and good news after all. OSA has approved birthday cards to be sent to the grandkids.

OSA APPROVED BIRTHDAY CARD:

Happy-Birthday-images.jpg

Dear Timmy,

Happy Birthday darling grandson!

I wish i could have sent a present
along with this birthday card, but
I got crammed on the LRH references
on out-exchange and criminals and had
some really huge wins on how totally spun
in and psychotic you now are. Sure, I know
you are only 7 years old but you are a
4 quadrillion year old being who should know
better than to sabotage Ron's 'world without insanity'
WTF were you thinking to blow Scientology?! Dear, I still
postulate that you come to your senses and knock
off your fucking DB case dramatization!
I mean, get a fucking sec check you little
out ethics cocksucking SP!
I mean that in a theta way.

Much Love,

Grandma

Attachments

• 63.jpg
    63.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 36
  • Happy-Birthday-images.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 27

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie

The grandparents have lost a wonderful time in their and the grandchildren's lives.

The grandchildren have lost the love, guidance, and spoiling, of the grandparents.

The world has lost a loving extended family that would be making memories & supporting each other.

Disconnection for "no good reason" is a loss for everyone. Families can break... this I know... without the help of the sciobots. But disconnection because someone else thinks someone else should or should not have contact with someone else... is just plain silly.

Picking up the phone... or knocking on the door and saying... "Hello - lets talk" is so easy.. much easier than being disconnected.

I think we should "name" a national re-connection day - on that day all the folks that are in a disconnected relationship just call, email, write, or do a drop in visit and say "here I am want to go play?"

Who knows it might mend a relationship or two... might be worth a try. If nothing else a lot of sciobots would be surprised....

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron

The problem is that when a person gets disconnected from a Scientologist the person who is being disconnected usually tries to fix it. That is bullshit.

I would go on the offensive and immediately disconnect right back and even harder and more thoroughly so they know what it feels like to be disconnected.

The Scientologist needs to be taken out of the driver’s seat right away. They feel too superior. That needs to end.

They think that they can just “forgive” you and re enter your life any time they want. That is why they don’t feel the loss.

Disconnection is a 2 way street. They need to feel the pain.

I may be more vindicate than the rest of you but here is what I would have written:

Dear Karen, I don’t call you mom because you are dead to me. You Scientologists are so elitist and you have this idea that we want you in our lives. Get this straight, you are not welcome here, forever, so get that into your brainwashed, Hubbard filled decrepit rotting brain.

People are leaving your cult like rats on a sinking ship. No one in that cult likes you for you. They like you for your money, your free labor and for what you can do for them.

Scientologists never feel the sadness of disconnection because they think that it never happens to them. They think they are the ones who disconnect. Well KAREN I am turning the table on YOU. YOU are being disconnected. YOU are being disconnected from me and your grandchildren.

They are getting older, fun and more interesting, you are getting old slow and stupid and boring. No one really wants to talk to you.

So if you want to get back in my life you will have to do a whole bunch of amends of my choosing. Also, I will tell you who you can and cannot talk to. I will also ask you a whole bunch of humiliating, intrusive personal questions while you are hooked up to a polygraph machine. And you will be required to see a psychologist who specializes in cults for 500 hours at your own expense.

You are getting old and useless and you have made a big mistake in making an enemy out of me. Are you crying yet you old bat? Hold on to your TRs because it is going to get worse.

How much are you going to spend in auditing handling these emotions?

You may convince yourself that you can handle this in auditing but it will keep coming up because as much as you think you create your own emotions, knowing that you daughter hates you has to hurt. If Scientology is so wonderful why is it that your family is cutting YOU out.

You think that this lifetime is just a blip in the long term. That is how you rationalize this fiasco of a relationship that you have created. Hold on to that rationalization and to your TRs because that is all you have left.

The only time you will hear from me is on your birthday when I send you the meanest cruelest of cards; Get ready, because you will not even be thinking of it and it will come out of nowhere. Better keep practicing those TR’s….Karen.

I forbid you to contact your grand kids. They think you are in jail for sex crimes.

So how do you like being disconnected?
How do you like people making up lies about you?

Sincerely --- You can't fire me I quit
Karry
______

Imagine if every time a Scientologist disconnected from a friend or family member they got a letter like this? You know she would show it to a friend or to the auditor in session.

Scientologists are programmed to responds to is anger, aggression, directives and orders, I hate to use Scientology but this tone level is very real to them

This letter is a real kick in the head. It is violent and angry and it is what they understand. She would think twice before sending another disconnection letter to another family member.

In my humble opinion

guRl

Patron with Honors

The problem is that when a person gets disconnected from a Scientologist the person who is being disconnected usually tries to fix it. That is bullshit.

I would go on the offensive and immediately disconnect right back and even harder and more thoroughly so they know what it feels like to be disconnected.

The Scientologist needs to be taken out of the driver’s seat right away. They feel too superior. That needs to end.

They think that they can just “forgive” you and re enter your life any time they want. That is why they don’t feel the loss.

Disconnection is a 2 way street. They need to feel the pain.

I may be more vindicate than the rest of you but here is what I would have written:

Dear Karen, I don’t call you mom because you are dead to me. You Scientologists are so elitist and you have this idea that we want you in our lives. Get this straight, you are not welcome here, forever, so get that into your brainwashed, Hubbard filled decrepit rotting brain.

People are leaving your cult like rats on a sinking ship. No one in that cult likes you for you. They like you for your money, your free labor and for what you can do for them.

Scientologists never feel the sadness of disconnection because they think that it never happens to them. They think they are the ones who disconnect. Well KAREN I am turning the table on YOU. YOU are being disconnected. YOU are being disconnected from me and your grandchildren.

They are getting older, fun and more interesting, you are getting old slow and stupid and boring. No one really wants to talk to you.

So if you want to get back in my life you will have to do a whole bunch of amends of my choosing. Also, I will tell you who you can and cannot talk to. I will also ask you a whole bunch of humiliating, intrusive personal questions while you are hooked up to a polygraph machine. And you will be required to see a psychologist who specializes in cults for 500 hours at your own expense.

You are getting old and useless and you have made a big mistake in making an enemy out of me. Are you crying yet you old bat? Hold on to your TRs because it is going to get worse.

How much are you going to spend in auditing handling these emotions?

You may convince yourself that you can handle this in auditing but it will keep coming up because as much as you think you create your own emotions, knowing that you daughter hates you has to hurt. If Scientology is so wonderful why is it that your family is cutting YOU out.

You think that this lifetime is just a blip in the long term. That is how you rationalize this fiasco of a relationship that you have created. Hold on to that rationalization and to your TRs because that is all you have left.

The only time you will hear from me is on your birthday when I send you the meanest cruelest of cards; Get ready, because you will not even be thinking of it and it will come out of nowhere. Better keep practicing those TR’s….Karen.

I forbid you to contact your grand kids. They think you are in jail for sex crimes.

So how do you like being disconnected?
How do you like people making up lies about you?

Karry
______

Imagine if every time a Scientologist disconnected from a friend or family member they got a letter like this? You know she would show it to a friend or to the auditor in session.

Scientologists are programmed to responds to is anger, aggression, directives and orders, I hate to use Scientology but this tone level is very real to them

This letter is a real kick in the head. It is violent and angry and it is what they understand. She would think twice before sending another disconnection letter to another family member.

In my humble opinion

As much as I believe in unconditional love, compassion, and let the disconnected Scientologists know you're there for them, I can't help but really liking this respond letter Reasonable. This just made me so angry, and how friggin' good would it feel to send this kind of thing back!

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

When I was in the cult I was divorced and my young son lived with his mother and stepfather, both declared.

Even though they were not anti-scientology and they made sure there was no communication between us about scientology when I picked up my son at weekends, RTC told me to go through a complicated procedure of arranging for a neutral person to collect my son and bring him to me so that I wouldn't come into contact with these "SPs".

I spent a lot of time arguing with these RTC people, pointing out that there was no "situation" to handle and they were just causing problems for me but they wouldn't budge.

So I told them to fuck off.

Now I am declared and I can see my son whenever I want with no idiots interfering.

Fuck you RTC. Fuck you OSA. Fuck you scientology.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Karry
__

The problem is, once a Scn disconnects, she would no longer be opening mail from the disconnected party, so sending a letter would be futile.

Better would be to stand outside her residence with a microphone connected to hundred watt speakers, and SAY it. That way she'll hear it. That way the NEIGHBORS will hear it. Shame her PUBLICLY to the world.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Being disconnected from by someone whom you previously believed loved you is so shocking and cold and the finality of it is so numbing that doing nothing at all and slowly teaching myself to accept it was how I chose to react when it happened to me and I'm so glad that I did, even though it took quite a few years.

I'm aware that I've changed, people don't hurt or disappoint me though because I have no expectations, I just enjoy and appreciate the good things life throws at me and am able to keep life simple.

I will never understand how a scientologist parent could disconnect from a son, daughter or grandchild though ... it completely blows me away, the reverse is easier (for me) to get my head around and I do take a lot of the blame for what happened to my family, because they didn't ask to be born to parents who were involved in the insanity that is scientology.

I just hope they are well and are happy.

Jump

Operating teatime

Being disconnected from by someone whom you previously believed loved you is so shocking and cold and the finality of it is so numbing that doing nothing at all and slowly teaching myself to accept it was how I chose to react when it happened to me and I'm so glad that I did, even though it took quite a few years.

I'm aware that I've changed, people don't hurt or disappoint me though because I have no expectations, I just enjoy and appreciate the good things life throws at me and am able to keep life simple.

I will never understand how a scientologist parent could disconnect from a son, daughter or grandchild though ... it completely blows me away, the reverse is easier (for me) to get my head around and I do take a lot of the blame for what happened to my family, because they didn't ask to be born to parents who were involved in the insanity that is scientology.

I just hope they are well and are happy.

^^^

This is why.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

The problem is, once a Scn disconnects, she would no longer be opening mail from the disconnected party, so sending a letter would be futile.

Better would be to stand outside her residence with a microphone connected to hundred watt speakers, and SAY it. That way she'll hear it. That way the NEIGHBORS will hear it. Shame her PUBLICLY to the world.

Right. IMHO, a reaction to such a disconnection message should be very short and to-the-point; something which could be heard/read and memorized within one single second.

Here's a sample reaction that might get through the filters:

Dear Disconnector,

You've made your decision and all I/we can do is accept it. Should you ever change your mind, I hope you remember how to reach me/us.

Love, the disconnected one(s)

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

Even though we all know too well the delusions & insanities of Scientology, this story is still shocking.

But there is a silver lining and good news after all. OSA has approved birthday cards to be sent to the grandkids.

OSA APPROVED BIRTHDAY CARD:

Dear Timmy,

Happy Birthday darling grandson!

I wish i could have sent a present
along with this birthday card, but
I got crammed on the LRH references
on out-exchange and criminals and had
some really huge wins on how totally spun
in and psychotic you now are. Sure, I know
you are only 7 years old but you are a
4 quadrillion year old being who should know
better than to sabotage Ron's 'world without insanity'
WTF were you thinking to blow Scientology?! Dear, I still
postulate that you come to your senses and knock
off your fucking DB case dramatization!
I mean, get a fucking sec check you little
out ethics cocksucking SP!
I mean that in a theta way.

Much Love,

Grandma
[/QUOTE/]
I know you get tired of me telling you this HH - but I DO LOVE YOU!! :lol::roflmao::hysterical::dance3::dance3::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

:giggle::goodposting:

Could you come out with a new line up of OSA Approved Greeting Cards Scientologist's may use for holidays and special events for DB's, SP's, PTSes, Illegal PC's and Pre Clear's that have not had case gains due to no ability to move up in status with the IAS?

Of course - the "New Civilization" OSA Approved Holiday's only: Anniversary dates of "Going Clear Pre Gat I, "Going Clear Post Gat I, Going Clear Gat II, Getting Re-Cleared pre and post GAT, Re-Grading Bridge Actions, Completions of Div 6 Courses, Re- Do's of all courses, Completion of Grade's Training and Re- Training Pre, Post GAT I and II, Completion of Stupid Powerz, L's completions, L's re-do's, Lifting of Non Enturb orders, Congrats for completing your A-J, SP Declares, Signing the Billion Year Contract, Receiving the balance of your Freeloader Debt after donating years of volunteer service to the church letter, paying off your freeloader debt so you can continue up the bridge...Auditor's Day, LRH's Birthday, IAS Annual Anniversary Event, Maiden Voyage, moving up in Status to the IAS and Idle Morgue Grand Opening's.

Remember Folks - we are building a new civilization without crime and insanity...a civilization where honest people have rights and everyone is allowed to think freely and speak freely:whistling:

All WOG HOLIDAY's are a high crime!

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

I was in the cult for 10 years back in the 80's and of all the things I did during this time there is something in particularly that stands out to me as the most embarrassing and cringe-worthy, that I am still embarrassed about 30 years later.

One Christmas I bought some Christmas cards through the bookstore at Boston Org that had LRH quotes on them and sent a number of them out to friends and family, none of whom particularly cared for scientology.

If I could go back in time and change something that would be on my Top Ten List. :duh:

Getting back to the subject of this thread, when I see a disconnection letter such as this it tends to shock me despite having heard many horrific stories of how families were destroyed by this organization.

It goes so deep against the core values shared by all of humanity. Scientology seeks to destroy families and close friendships which really are the foundation of society.

I hope to see in my lifetime the point in time in which we've Cleared the planet of Scientology so everyone can be reconnected.