Scientology no longer clears words to full conceptual understanding. OC is PTS to MC.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Re: Scientology no longer clears words to full conceptual understanding. OC is PTS to

DagwodGum - it is funny to me to try to take apart a cult that has had hundreds of thousands of members and a reported thirty five million words of doctrine and write it up in a series of articles for easy reading - and then have people ask for cliff notes !!!

And a cult that Hubbard made by combining thousands and thousands of plagiarized ideas and dozens of methods of influence .

The articles are the cliff notes version ! Silly Willy . Think of the thousands and thousands of hours a cult member spends on course getting indoctrinated and in auditing getting thought reform and on post or in an org or with Scientologists or at home thinking Scientology terms getting thought reform for decades and you can see the tearing that down and totally exposing it may require a few more words .

Here is the abridged version - Scientology no good bad fuck you mind up .
A bit longer version may involve this...http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ubric-TOP-100-Techniques-Found-in-Scientology

That is the top 100 propaganda methods ! NOT ALL ! So the job is big and the effort to undo it takes some time but far , far less than the indoctrination . That is the best news I have . Hope it is better than nothing .

And I'm with you 100%. I think you've done such an admirable job of putting together what you have that it puts you up there with Arnie and some others as far as I'm concerned as a potent adversary to the continued soul rape and plunder of the $cilons.
As an obvious genius yourself you are unwinding the evil work of an evil genius in order to make it more understandable.
And you have, but it sometimes takes more genius to follow you than many members really have.
It's for these people, and me that I wish for a simpler, more streamlined "out manual" that doesn't require a fully working mind because that's not what too many were left with. Many people have really been stopped in their tracks by their $cilon experiences and will reject reading anything that makes their heads hurt.:wink2:

beltway

Bone Idle
Re: Scientology no longer clears words to full conceptual understanding. OC is PTS to

And I'm with you 100%. I think you've done such an admirable job of putting together what you have that it puts you up there with Arnie and some others as far as I'm concerned as a potent adversary to the continued soul rape and plunder of the $cilons.
As an obvious genius yourself you are unwinding the evil work of an evil genius in order to make it more understandable.
And you have, but it sometimes takes more genius to follow you than many members really have.
It's for these people, and me that I wish for a simpler, more streamlined "out manual" that doesn't require a fully working mind because that's not what too many were left with. Many people have really been stopped in their tracks by their $cilon experiences and will reject reading anything that makes their heads hurt.:wink2:

That's a good point. It's not just exes who would benefit from some way to condense the vast quantity of 'stuff' down to bite size. I don't see it getting any easier any time soon, but it can't be denied that the sheer amount of information is one of the main barriers to getting people (especially still-in cult victims) informed and hopefully 'inoculated' against the cult and ideally against cults in general.

I've seen Mockingbird catch flak here for writing long analyses of certain aspects of the cult experience. Unfortunately, even professional researchers and writers with the experience and skills to distill a huge amount of info efficiently still end up with hefty books like Going Clear. It's even more difficult with film as the Going Clear documentary was great but missed so much that there could be a whole series of them and still some things wouldn't be covered sufficiently.

Obviously not everybody has the time or inclination to do lots of reading. Even so, I'm glad those heavy books and long, detailed articles are available for those who do have the time, ability and desire to take them on. That's how new writers start out, isn't it?

It's great when anyone is willing to devote their time and effort to breaking down, explaining and decoding what happens when a skilled, charismatic and seriously diseased - or Evil - individual like Hubbard focuses all his ability on duping, dominating, misleading, enslaving, exploiting and otherwise mistreating human beings en masse for personal gratification.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

That's a good point. It's not just exes who would benefit from some way to condense the vast quantity of 'stuff' down to bite size. I don't see it getting any easier any time soon, but it can't be denied that the sheer amount of information is one of the main barriers to getting people (especially still-in cult victims) informed and hopefully 'inoculated' against the cult and ideally against cults in general.

I've seen Mockingbird catch flak here for writing long analyses of certain aspects of the cult experience. Unfortunately, even professional researchers and writers with the experience and skills to distill a huge amount of info efficiently still end up with hefty books like Going Clear. It's even more difficult with film as the Going Clear documentary was great but missed so much that there could be a whole series of them and still some things wouldn't be covered sufficiently.

Obviously not everybody has the time or inclination to do lots of reading. Even so, I'm glad those heavy books and long, detailed articles are available for those who do have the time, ability and desire to take them on. That's how new writers start out, isn't it?

It's great when anyone is willing to devote their time and effort to breaking down, explaining and decoding what happens when a skilled, charismatic and seriously diseased - or Evil - individual like Hubbard focuses all his ability on duping, dominating, misleading, enslaving, exploiting and otherwise mistreating human beings en masse for personal gratification.

Yep, I remember saying the same thing to Gadfly, another brilliant mind that had written reems of top notch material. In either case it was apparent that they had more going on upstairs than the monster who sprung this all upon us. Getting some of these minds to put together a "$cientology - The Paths Out" and give people a condensed, easy to reference in times of crisis, type of manual. Not to mention the fortune that could be made from it as it would apply to any psychological prison that anyone might find themselves at the gates of.

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron

Thanks for what you guys have brought up . In a few posts I have tried to give very brief explanations .In the Humbling Simplicity and why Hubbard never claimed OT feats and the rock bottom basis of Scientology and the ARC KRC posts I tried to be very concise .

Now without the explanation in the longer posts it is not complete but it is better than nothing . I prefer to not have anyone think I am a genius - it is problematic. I make plenty of mistakes and you are better off thinking of me as someone who might have just read a little more on a subject than some . It does not mean I or what I have read are right . You should learn about what interests you to the best of your ability and form your own opinions.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

Thanks for what you guys have brought up . In a few posts I have tried to give very brief explanations .In the Humbling Simplicity and why Hubbard never claimed OT feats and the rock bottom basis of Scientology and the ARC KRC posts I tried to be very concise .

Now without the explanation in the longer posts it is not complete but it is better than nothing . I prefer to not have anyone think I am a genius - it is problematic. I make plenty of mistakes and you are better off thinking of me as someone who might have just read a little more on a subject than some . It does not mean I or what I have read are right . You should learn about what interests you to the best of your ability and form your own opinions.

I won't repeat the "genius" label then as I understand it puts one in the vaguest of boats with no way to tell stern from bow. Genius spots itself in others due mainly to the essence that seems to be behind their works, others will only judge you superficially by your works themselves.
There are so many ways to demonstrate genius, whether through art, athletics, science etc. that it in itself often gets invalidated because of its vagueness.
I've noted that many of my "genius" friends over the years tend to make lots more mistakes than their non-genius counterparts as they operate in a bigger field of play with more chances to make mistakes as they tend not to make the safe choices because that would only bore them...