What's new

Scientology: November 15, 2013 - November 17, 2013 - Super Power News & Updates

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
As this IS the big weekend for Co$/scientology news, here's a thread to keep everyone up-do-date on what's happening in Clearwater, Florida.

Here's a link to Tony Ortega's blog, The Underground Bunker, which will probably have many on-scene reports throughout the weekend: http://tonyortega.org/

In order to fully understand the events in their proper context, please refer to this post frequently in the days ahead: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...Official-Email&p=876093&viewfull=1#post876093

Please feel free to add links to other threads here, so lurkers can learn more about GAT2, 'Super Power' Building, IAS, cornerstone memberships, etc.

JB

Note: For a look at what's coming up in the weeks/months ahead for Co$/scientology, Narconon, and scio-related events, here's a link to the calendar, updated on November 15, 2013: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...-2013-amp-2014&p=876427&viewfull=1#post876427

Last edited:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Fresh from the Tampa Bay Times....
(here's the link: http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...ientologys-long-delayed-flag-building/2152549 )

"A look at what's inside Scientology's long-delayed Flag Building"

Excerpts:

The Church of Scientology is hosting three days of celebrations this weekend in downtown Clearwater. None are open to the public.

[November 15, 2013] 6 p.m. today: Scientologists will gather for a presentation in a huge tent adjacent to the Flag Building.
[November 16, 2013] 6 p.m. Saturday: Church members will gather for a second presentation in the tent.
[November 17, 2013] 1 p.m. Sunday: Scientology is expecting its biggest crowd — as many as 10,000 — for the dedication and grand opening of the Flag Building.

Hubbard called Super Power one of his greatest discoveries. He said Scientologists would develop special abilities, enabling them to reverse social decay and "create a new world.''

The church kept details of the program under wraps until it could build a proper venue to deliver it. Now, after 15 years of on-and-off construction — and controversy — the building finally is finished.

Recruiting new followers will be emphasized, it appears from a Tampa Bay Times review of church publications, internal memoranda and construction plans submitted to the city.

Proselytizing has been a common activity at Scientology's other churches, including its prominent facility in Ybor City. The Clearwater campus, Scientology's spiritual center, has focused on delivering services, not recruiting newcomers.

But much of the new building's ground floor appears designed to do just that. The primary public entry, on the northwest corner, opens into a "grand lobby,'' a three-story atrium with statuary and other exhibits depicting Scientology beliefs and practices.

A visitor then would move toward the center of the building, into a large area with more displays, films and promotional presentations. Clustered in circles in a museum-like setting, these displays appear to explain associated Scientology organizations and the social efforts Scientologists support.

As many as 10,000 church members are expected to attend the private event, as well as two other nighttime gatherings today and Saturday in a huge tent erected by the church just south of the new building. The church has not announced the purpose of the evening events.

The building's seven floors present widely divergent uses.

In the basement — a rarity in Florida — are huge kitchen and dining areas. The second and third floors contain offices and Scientology course rooms for training. The upper floors have more than 300 small rooms for "auditing," Scientology's core counseling practice. An auditing session usually lasts about an hour and can cost $1,000.

Large spaces on floor five are dedicated to the Super Power program, a series of 12 "rundowns'' that combine auditing with drills involving machines.

Participants will be spun on a gyroscope-like wheel, spend time in a sound chamber, sniff vials emitting fragrances, experience changes in gravitational pull. The aim: sharpen what Hubbard called man's 57 "perceptics'' — sight, smell, taste, touch, blood circulation, depth perception, solidity, awareness of awareness.

On the sixth floor is another intriguing feature: a circular running track, its radius: 74 feet. Scientologists will go around it until they have a personal moment of enlightenment called a cognition. Hubbard called this the "Cause Resurgence Rundown.''

In May, members of Pinellas Property Appraiser Pam Dubov's staff toured the Flag Building and confirmed all floors will be used for religious, tax-exempt purposes.

The church had paid taxes on the property during years of stop and go construction. And Scientology pays property taxes on portions of some of its other holdings — spaces such as hotel rooms and restaurants used for commercial, non-religious purposes.
This newest building, valued by Dubov's office at $84 million, is fully off the property tax rolls.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientologists! The end of your bridge goes to the big top! (err I mean tent)

Cue mood music for this event:

[video=youtube;qTYCTw4QJAg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTYCTw4QJAg[/video]

I don't mean to spam this link, but if this carnival calliope tune were to begin to play in people's (and scientologists, they are peoples too) heads critics would have a good attitude and more scientologists might lose theirs.

Last edited:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
If you're on Twitter, you might want to follow: @SuperPowerBldng

The building is expected to Tweet all weekend. :coolwink:

JB

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
I have such a sense of expectation about this weekend but really not sure why.

It has been a big year and a bad year for Dildo Dave.

Fingers crossed for lots of lulz and live reports.

Thanks for setting this up JB. :thumbsup:

If I get lost over the weekend, this can be like the "lost child" tent for me to come back to and figure out what is happening where.

Let the joking and degrading commence

:dancer:

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
What the honest scientology email would look like:

Dear Fellow Scientologist,

I'm sure you know by now, that the Super Power thing is finally will be open/released for real this time.
This weekend. Both rundown and the building.

It's hard to believe, I know, after all these years.
And who the fuck knows what it's gonna be? Hopefully something theta.

Anyway, it's been a helluva fucking ride, it's better be good.

Also, GAT 2. Yeah. After GAT 1. Makes sense. Just shoot me.

Anyway, please try to show up, I guess.

Cheers.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Wonder what's on television in the Tampa Bay/Clearwater area now and for the next few weeks?

Oh look, it's King of Queens* every weeknight at 6:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. and on weekends at 6:00 p.m.

So... every single night of the week, Clearwater is enthetafied.
(Link: http://cwtampa.cbslocal.com/show/the-king-of-queens/ )

Think they offer CBS Channel 44 in the rooms at the Fort Harrison? :whistling:

JB (*US tv sitcom show co-starring Leah Remini.)

Arthur Dent

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for this release.
I remember when GAT1 was released. I had a hard time with the clapping thing all around me. I was stunned. It was a surreal moment. Was it just me?

Then what ensued was years of hell. I can't believe I tried so hard to stay in and make it work! :duh:

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
10,000? On Sunday?

Let's see....

Average donos of 10,000 a piece, 20,000 for married couples, and 10,000 per child

10,000 x 10,000 = 100,000,000

Actually I consider that to be downstat.

Rd00

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Fresh from the Tampa Bay Times....
(here's the link: http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...ientologys-long-delayed-flag-building/2152549 )

"A look at what's inside Scientology's long-delayed Flag Building"

Excerpts:

This is a front page article in the Print Edition :)

(It's in the bottom left section of front page)

times_zps24e2351c.jpg

Arthur Dent

The paranoia, I must say, is fun to watch.
In addition to the little swipy-security-card-thingys you need to get in, I wonder if people will be made to check their cell phones (cameras) at the door.
Even with those cards, I am sure there will be leaks. Maybe cell phones banned next time...
Then what? :hysterical:

I wonder what lengths they'll go to in their paranoia. Maybe they'll have one-on-one event watching. In a room with an auditor on the meter. :omg:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
BTW, I've no objection if folks want to write their predictions for what really happens at the events this weekend, but as a never-in, I'm not knowledgeable enough to offer any well-reasoned guesses.

In a recent post on another thread, someone mentioned the idea that amnesty might be granted. Is that something likely to happen?

From what I've read, limited amnesty was previously offered by upper-mgmt of Co$ and it was rather specific, not generalized for ALL who'd been found to be 'flawed' in some form or fashion per Co$ membership standards.

I understood it to be that if a person was no longer a member of Co$, the limited amnesty meant: s/he could contact the org to arrange for a sec check and additional coursework -- all for a fee -- and then using certain checklists, run around and get them signed by supervisors. Once finished, the individual would have earned his/her good-standing membership in Co$ again.

Has there ever been an amnesty - whether general or limited - that included a large group of people such as, 'all current SPs'? Or 'all family members declared PTS by Co$'?
If not, do you think the upper-mgmt of Co$ would do that this weekend?

JB

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
BTW, I've no objection if folks want to write their predictions for what really happens at the events this weekend, but as a never-in, I'm not knowledgeable enough to offer any well-reasoned guesses.

In a recent post on another thread, someone mentioned the idea that amnesty might be granted. Is that something likely to happen?

From what I've read, limited amnesty was previously offered by upper-mgmt of Co$ and it was rather specific, not generalized for ALL who'd been found to be 'flawed' in some form or fashion per Co$ membership standards.

I understood it to be that if a person was no longer a member of Co$, the limited amnesty meant: s/he could contact the org to arrange for a sec check and additional coursework -- all for a fee -- and then using certain checklists, run around and get them signed by supervisors. Once finished, the individual would have earned his/her good-standing membership in Co$ again.

Has there ever been an amnesty - whether general or limited - that included a large group of people such as, 'all current SPs'? Or 'all family members declared PTS by Co$'?
If not, do you think the upper-mgmt of Co$ would do that this weekend?

JB

Hi JB,

Yes there was a general amnesty in 1991 that was also for declared SP's as well. There was an issue put out that everyone had to read. After that, you would write up all of your transgressions that you would like to be forgiven for. In the case of someone who was declared an SP, they would have to specifically address those things for which they were declared. It had to be in the write up of transgressions. You had to admit that it was true, whatever you had been SP declared for. And anything else that you wanted to be forgiven for. It was to have everyone start with a clean slate. And the SP declares were lifted at that time.

The amnesty, however, did not apply to certain groups of SP's. Specifically, those who have spoken out about Scn are in another category of SP and probably will never be allowed back in the church, no matter what. So everyone that they had tabs on that they knew were speaking out will never ever ever be allowed back.

-----

And being SP declared anyways is a permanent mark. I think that is one thing that people working on the A to E steps (the steps, under normal circumstances, need to be done in order to get back in good graces with the church) don't understand: They will never ever ever be allowed onto the OT levels if they have been SP declared. I know for a fact, from being a Case Supervisor. I had some cases who had been SP declared, who got back into good graces, trying to move on up the Bridge and they could never ever ever get approved through RTC to do upper levels. SP declare is a permanent mark, no matter what you do. It's the same with Illegal PC status too.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Finally ... an agenda for the weekend:

Scientology festivities

The Church of Scientology is hosting three days of celebrations this weekend in downtown Clearwater. None are open to the public.

6 p.m. today: Scientologists will gather for a presentation in a huge tent adjacent to the Flag Building.

6 p.m. Saturday: Church members will gather for a second presentation in the tent.

1 p.m. Sunday: Scientology is expecting its biggest crowd — as many as 10,000 — for the dedication and grand opening of the Flag Building.

At http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...ientologys-long-delayed-flag-building/2152549

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Another post at the Underground Bunker that I need to share this morning..... In honor of the (snort giggle) SP Building opening.

George Layton said:
Every Wog down in Wogwater loved Free Thinking a lot…

But Davey, in his suite at Fort Harrison did NOT!

Davey hated Free Thinking, He conditioned it TREASON!

Now, please don’t ask me why. No Wog quite knows the reason.

It could be that his head wasn’t screwed on quite right.

It could be that his Crisci’s fit a bit tight.

But I think the most likely reason of all

May have been Davey’s stature was two sizes too small.

But, whatever the reason,

His head or his dogs,

Davey stood in his Harrison suite, hating the Wogs.

Staring down from the top floor with a sour, Davey frown

At the Wog owned properties across Wogwater town.

For he knew every Wog in Wogwater beneath

Were wise to the truth of his, religious belief.

“They’re snarking my BOW!” Davey snarled with a sneer.

“For the Super Power opening! It’s practically here!”

“The event is to show I’m still the biggest Big Being.”

“I MUST find some way to keep Wogwater from seeing!”

For, at the opening, he knew the Wogwater press

Would turn his GREAT DAY, to a black PR mess.

Anonymous would be there with signs, signs, signs, signs!

That’s one thing Davey hated! The SIGNS! SIGNS! SIGNS! SIGNS!

The Free Thinking Wogs and Anonymous bugs,

Would stand in the streets and give each other hugs.

And they’d hug! And they’d hug!

And they’d HUG! HUG! HUG! HUG!

They would start with a smile, and then an embrace.

THAT, Davey despised in the whole Woggish race.

And THEN

They’d do something Davey liked least of all!

Every Free Thinking Wog, with their arrogant gall,

Would stand close together, like a Gestalt being.

They’d stand hand-in-hand. And the Wogs would start singing!

And they’d sing! And they’d sing!

AND they’d SING! SING! SING! SING!

And the more Davey thought of the Wog-Gestalt-Sing,

The more Davey thought, “Wogs must not see a thing!”

“Why with fifty-three countries signed up to come now!”

“I must keep the Wogs out of our sight!

…But HOW?

Then he got an idea!

An awful idea!

DAVEY

GOT A LUNATIC, OUTRAGEOUS IDEA!

“I know just what to do.” And he threw back a scotch.

He put on his best suit and his gold Rolex watch.

And he laughed with a typical $cientology air.

“With this suit and this watch, I’ll look just like the
Mayor!”

“All I need is an Aid…”

Davey looked around.

But since Free Thinking Sea-Org are scarce, there was none to
be found.

But did that stop Davey short…?

No! Davey simply said,

“If I can’t find an Aid, I’ll make one instead!”

So he called his pet Lou. And he gave her some bows.

And dressed her in finery, from her head to her toes.

THEN

He gathered some Docs

That he was quite sure

Would pass close inspection

With a forged signature.

“Let’s handle this Lou!”

And the Jag started down

Toward the municipal buildings

In Wogwater town.

All the windows were dark. Drizzle rain filled the air.

This was breaking and entering but Davey didn’t care.

When they came to the quiet, city civic square.

“They can’t stop NUMBER ONE!” Short Davey hissed

And he climbed to the air vent, with his Docs in his fist.

Then he crawled through the air vent that was rather tight.

But Davey was small and he fit just right.

He made a right turn, then a left, then a right.

And crawled into the records room on that drizzly night.

The file cabinets at the wall all in a row,

Inside were street permits all ready to go.

Then sauntered around with a lunatic smile,

And replaced, with his false Docs, every single file.

Street closures, Sign permits, Tree falling OK’s!

Traffic lights that were to be removed for days!

The original docs, Davey tossed into the trash.

Then he said to sweet Lou, “Let’s see to the cash!”

They slunk to the room where the fines were all held.

The first fine to go was the trees that were felled!

They purged every fine the church had accrued.

So all that’d show up in court was somebodies’ word.

“Now take out the trash.” He told his pet Lou.

“Remember, if it’s not written down it’s not true!”

“Take it out!” he told Lou, like commanding a dog.

When he heard a small sound like the “huh?” of a Wog.

Davey turned around quick and a Wog met his sight.

It was Janitor Jo, who worked late at night.

Davey had been caught by the night Janitor

Who’s taking the trash out was a nightly chore.

He looked straight at Davey and said, “Mayor, where,”

“Where are you taking those Docs to? Where?”

But, you know, that short Davey was such a lunatic,

He thought up a lie, and he thought it up quick!

“You see as the Mayor I work both day and night!”

“These Docs have an error and I must make them right!”

“I’m taking them home and I’ll work all night long!”

“By morning I’ll have fixed every Doc that was wrong!”

And although Davey, in lying had been schooled.

Old Jo the Janitor was in no way fooled.

But he could see that lunatic gleam in Dave’s eye.

And thought perhaps best to let this one fly.

Jo watched them leave and feigned a quiet calm,

But in his head did a mental face palm.

Davey didn’t use the door when he went,

But led, loaded down, Lou back through the vent.

It was quarter past dawn

As they drove off in the Jag

Docs filled the back seat

As they headed for Flag.

Permit refusals from fire marshals findings

Long notice requirements, Davey always found binding.

In the Harrison basement the stolen Docs were piled

And by Sea-Org recruits, meticulously RED filed.

Happy little Davey would soon have his GRAND day.

His fawning event with no Wogs in the way.

“They are finding out now that they won’t be aloud,”

“To gather on the street in a signing, singing crowd.”

“Their mouths will hang open for a moment or two”

“Then the Wogs and Anon will all cry BOO-HOO!”

The Glories morning of the Super Power event,

Davey arrived at the Magnificent Tent.

He arrived early and checked down the block,

Not a Wog was in sight but that wasn’t a shock.

That had been handled by Himself and pet Lou.

Not one Anon the wiser, not a single Wog knew.

Now here he stood alone in HIS tent,

Impatiently waiting
the upcoming event.

But the tent remained empty; no one filled the rows,

No cheers when he cut the Super Power bows.

And he puzzled three hours, till his puzzler was sore.

Then Davey had a cognition he hadn’t before!

Maybe Thinking doesn’t come from a Tech!

Maybe everyone could give a heck!

And what happened then…?

Well… in Wogwater they say

The authorities showed up

And took Davey away!

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Hi JB,

Yes there was a general amnesty in 1991 that was also for declared SP's as well. There was an issue put out that everyone had to read. After that, you would write up all of your transgressions that you would like to be forgiven for. In the case of someone who was declared an SP, they would have to specifically address those things for which they were declared. It had to be in the write up of transgressions. You had to admit that it was true, whatever you had been SP declared for. And anything else that you wanted to be forgiven for. It was to have everyone start with a clean slate. And the SP declares were lifted at that time.

The amnesty, however, did not apply to certain groups of SP's. Specifically, those who have spoken out about Scn are in another category of SP and probably will never be allowed back in the church, no matter what. So everyone that they had tabs on that they knew were speaking out will never ever ever be allowed back.

-----

And being SP declared anyways is a permanent mark. I think that is one thing that people working on the A to E steps (the steps, under normal circumstances, need to be done in order to get back in good graces with the church) don't understand: They will never ever ever be allowed onto the OT levels if they have been SP declared. I know for a fact, from being a Case Supervisor. I had some cases who had been SP declared, who got back into good graces, trying to move on up the Bridge and they could never ever ever get approved through RTC to do upper levels. SP declare is a permanent mark, no matter what you do. It's the same with Illegal PC status too.

Wow!
Thank you, Bea Kiddo!
I didn't realize that there were 'SP categories' -- that is, someone like Paul Haggis (one person who has spoken out) would never be covered by an amnesty, but an SP who hasn't spoken out has a much better chance of being covered by the type of amnesty offered in 1991.

The "illegal PC status" -- that refers to the people who have admitted to taking LSD or similar drug(s) in their past, IIRC?

Did the 1991 amnesty address disconnection? If Member-In-Good-Standing X was disconnected from an SP-declared parent, and the parent then accepted the amnesty, did the disconnection automatically end? Did the Member-In-Good-Standing get some sort of notice from Co$ that said, 'hey, you can now speak with your parent'? How were all of the other members notified -- did Co$ just remove the goldenrod declaration from the org's bulletin board(s)?

You're not on the hook for answering all of these questions, Bea Kiddo -- I'm just trying to understand how such an amnesty worked then, so I can try to figure out what one might look like now.

JB

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Wow!
Thank you, Bea Kiddo!
I didn't realize that there were 'SP categories' -- that is, someone like Paul Haggis (one person who has spoken out) would never be covered by an amnesty, but an SP who hasn't spoken out has a much better chance of being covered by the type of amnesty offered in 1991.

The "illegal PC status" -- that refers to the people who have admitted to taking LSD or similar drug(s) in their past, IIRC?

Did the 1991 amnesty address disconnection? If Member-In-Good-Standing X was disconnected from an SP-declared parent, and the parent then accepted the amnesty, did the disconnection automatically end? Did the Member-In-Good-Standing get some sort of notice from Co$ that said, 'hey, you can now speak with your parent'? How were all of the other members notified -- did Co$ just remove the goldenrod declaration from the org's bulletin board(s)?

You're not on the hook for answering all of these questions, Bea Kiddo -- I'm just trying to understand how such an amnesty worked then, so I can try to figure out what one might look like now.

JB

There is no reference regarding SP categories, but there are certain SP actions that are not forgiven ever. One of those is speaking out about Scn. And yes, Paul Haggis, even if he accepted an amnesty, would never ever be un-SP declared. If he did A to E (steps to get back in good standing), it would take years and years and tons of actions on his part to show that he has made amends. He would probably have to turn in every critic, get hundreds of hours of positive media for Scn, pay in donations hundreds of thousands, or more. And even if he could prove he had a change of heart, I don't think they would ever lift his SP declare. And if they did, it would only be a PR move. They would never ever ever really trust him ever again.

Illegal PC status is pretty specific. LSD does not make a person Illegal, it just disqualifies them for the Sea Org. Illegal PC would be extensive psychiatric history or psych drug history, employment in the media or government office such as CIA, IRS, NSA, etc. All of those are Illegal and would never be allowed to get audited. Illegal PC and SP declare are totally different. An Illegal PC can still do Scn services, just not auditing.

-----

Regarding disconnection: You already know that disconnection DOES NOT EXIST!!! Tommy Davis said so, so it MUST BE TRUE!!! And for this reason, there would never be an issue that states they are no longer disconnected, or that they are allowed to be connected again. They have, in the past, issued goldenrod issues that state that a person is back in good standing and has repented, or whatever the work is they use, that escapes me right now... and basically that they are no longer an SP. Every Scientologist knows this means that they can be connected to that person again. Its a given.