What's new

Scientology Operation Against Washington Post Reporter Richard Leiby Exposed

tdefino

Still, it might explain the stone cold cruelty dished out to the reporter's wife. Perhaps the deliberate falsehoods in the alleged DOX were designed to prompt a response but there can be no excuse for the way it was treated. Rinder ridiculed her statement that her children found a decapitated animal in their backyard, Rathbun told her that in defending her family she had her priorities skewed, and Hall gave her the OSAOSAOSA treatment."

Thank you for this accurate and complete assessment of exactly what was done. My head was spinning as I was comprehending all of this and trying to understand the players and their motives. Being silenced by Rathbun (which continues, I have tried to comment since) speaks volumes to me. And I'd like to hear more about any possible legal claims I made have. I can't begin to describe the impact of this disclosure.

Oh, and I contacted Rathbun by email and asked for him to provide the documents. He did not acknowledge receiving my email.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Still, it might explain the stone cold cruelty dished out to the reporter's wife. Perhaps the deliberate falsehoods in the alleged DOX were designed to prompt a response but there can be no excuse for the way it was treated. Rinder ridiculed her statement that her children found a decapitated animal in their backyard, Rathbun told her that in defending her family she had her priorities skewed, and Hall gave her the OSAOSAOSA treatment."

Thank you for this accurate and complete assessment of exactly what was done. My head was spinning as I was comprehending all of this and trying to understand the players and their motives. Being silenced by Rathbun (which continues, I have tried to comment since) speaks volumes to me. And I'd like to hear more about any possible legal claims I made have. I can't begin to describe the impact of this disclosure.

Oh, and I contacted Rathbun by email and asked for him to provide the documents. He did not acknowledge receiving my email.

So tdefino, you are the ex wife? Wow ! Hey, welcome! :welcome2: :wave:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

No worries. I would do the same for any person subject to Scientology abuse. And, hey, its not really that difficult to spot, you just got your dose delivered by the down-home, Texas-style, Independent-brand version of KSW. Interestingly, you got done over by the pack leaders but, because you were able to stand up for yourself, the bully boys had to cut the comm line real quick. The rest of the crew over at the sock-puppet playground that is Martyland has just finished feasting on Susan Lewis - and Marty has the cheek to state in his subsequent sermon:

“For anyone interpreting this as an invitation for people to witch hunt and willy-nilly call people plants and trolls, please read it again. It is not. You rarely see me engage in that, and it bothers me when I see trigger happy people attempting to shoot someone for treason on the blog with little provocation. I chalk that up to an inability to hold one’s position in space, to confront what is before one and to investigate to determine truth. I do invite people to up their confront and increase their abilities to perceive and reckon truth. After all, it is truth that will set you free."

As you know, Marty censors his blog which means everything which is published there has been approved by him. I used to be a bit annoyed about that but have come to realise now its actually a valuable reflection of his thinking. Unless your comment is neutral or supports his position, it will either be deleted or offered up as a tasty morsel for orchestrated contempt.

elwood

Patron with Honors
I believe Marty is getting increasingly frustrated and hysterical. He's begun painting anyone who doesn't agree with him as an agent of Miscavige and is telling more and more outrageous lies in an effort to bolster his credibility with his clients. I sincerely believe the so-called independent movement is falling apart. Just my opinion.

tdefino

"As you know, Marty censors his blog which means everything which is published there has been approved by him. I used to be a bit annoyed about that but have come to realise now its actually a valuable reflection of his thinking. Unless your comment is neutral or supports his position, it will either be deleted or offered up as a tasty morsel for orchestrated contempt."

Here's what else I discovered. I saved some of my comments (that never appeared) and the exact wording I had used was quoted back to me on another blog in a post accusing me of not being me, saying I couldn't be the person who was worried about my info being "splashed" on the Internet. This was posted anonymously. Only Rathbun or whoever is working with him would have seen that wording. So my comment, which never appeared, was being used against me, anonymously, to question my credibility. Keeping with your food analogy, your comment might be rejected but later served up against you when useful.

Thanks for the welcome wishes. I don't intend to be here much.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Here's what else I discovered. I saved some of my comments (that never appeared) and the exact wording I had used was quoted back to me on another blog in a post accusing me of not being me, saying I couldn't be the person who was worried about my info being "splashed" on the Internet. This was posted anonymously. Only Rathbun or whoever is working with him would have seen that wording. So my comment, which never appeared, was being used against me, anonymously, to question my credibility. Keeping with your food analogy, your comment might be rejected but later served up against you when useful.

Hmmmm . . . Curiouser and curiouser. A handy hint for any future comments over at Martyland - post duplicates on other sites before Marty gets around to deciding whether or not to moderate them. This site has a thread dedicated to such posts: http://caliwog.wordpress.com/censored-by-marty/ . . . plus, it will help with the required time line to confirm your experience. I don't doubt you but I verify via DOX PLOX.

Thanks for stopping by. Unless you want to get further enmeshed in the mind fuck, its best to stay away. But, don't be stranger should you ever get the urge to contribute.

SpecialFrog

Silver Meritorious Patron

Both Marty and Mike have mod privs on Marty's blog. Not sure who else might.

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious
... I don't intend to be here much.

I would love if you could post here, before you leave:
  1. Your posts that didn't got through on Marty's blog.

2. A detailed account of anything unpleasant that you or your kids experienced that you think could have been caused by or related to Scientology: spying, the rabbit incident, any kind of pressure or odd stuff.

Scientology dirty actions deserve exposure.

Scientologists pay to the Church hundreds of thousand dollars to "save mankind", totally unaware about how the Church spend their money to harass others. They do not believe Scientology could ever do anything bad to people. They are so wrong! First hand accounts help many to discover the dark side of Scientology and wake up.

Thank you.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS

Where was comment "posted anonymously".

Could you please provide us with a copy of your original and the link to where it was posted anonymously. It's really a case of Dox please or gtfo.

Also welcome.

tdefino

I would love if you could post here, before you leave:
  1. Your posts that didn't got through on Marty's blog.
  2. A detailed account of anything unpleasant that you or your kids experienced that you think could have been caused by or related to Scientology: spying, the rabbit incident, any kind of pressure or odd stuff.

Scientology dirty actions deserve exposure.

Scientologists pay to the Church hundreds of thousand dollars to "save mankind", totally unaware about how the Church spend their money to harass others. They do not believe Scientology could ever do anything bad to people. They are so wrong! First hand accounts help many to discover the dark side of Scientology and wake up.

Thank you.

It wouldn't be very smart legally for me to say anything of that, though I understand your request. I will say that this comment appeared anonymously on the Village Voice blog: Theresa Delfino --- This is not the Theresa Delfino who is concerned about her personal life being "splashed" all over the internet. I don't believe this is the former wife of Richard Leiby

And the words "splashed on the Internet" have never appeared under my name. I will share one submitted and unposted comment I wrote:

theresa defino | May 12, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Reply
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
I am trying a third time to get a comment posted. I already replied that twice Rathbun was giving [GIVEN} my phone number yesterday and asked to call, by a person who wouldn’t give me his number. He choose NOT to call me.
As I stated in the other comments you refused to publish, I did NOT defend the `church.’ You did not need to publish my name or any details about me or my children.
Clearly my statement indicates that the documents, and Rathbun’s paraphrasing, both contained numerous factual errors not limited to the fact that my job history is wrong, job title is work, other personal details…all wrong. When you print personal information about someone you might consider contacting them for confirmation and if you can’t get YOU DON’T USE IT. I see no reason to stoke the ‘church’s’ pleasure with my outrage. I’m now being accused of being a Scientologist because I know how to craft a reply statement? How does this fit with your accusation that I “caved” to become their tool?

SpecialFrog

Hello Theresa,

While I am certainly not defending Marty's actions here, just a quick scan of the village voice comments yielded this comment from you:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/05/scientology_ope.php#comment-202130914
Theresa Defino said:
(5 days ago)
Wally, I did not save them. Essentially I responded to him saying I had defended the church. I didn't no such thing. I pointed out that he was given my number and chose not to call me. I never had his, in response to his allegation that I never contacted him. I said that the time for him to have contacted me was before he choose to splash my personal info over the Internet. I said because I wasn't confident he wouldn't twist my words as he had been, I was terminating communication. This never appeared. I wrote a second, shorter version, also nada.

which seems to precede this comment:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/05/scientology_ope.php#comment-203409316
Logic101 said:
(4 days ago)
Theresa Delfino --- This is not the Theresa Delfino who is concerned about her personal life being "splashed" all over the internet. I don't believe this is the former wife of Richard Leiby

This makes it seem like it was one of Marty's followers repeating the "OSA impersonator" line that came up in comments on Marty's site rather than Marty or Mike responding based on unpublished comments.

I still think Marty's responses to your comments was BS and the reaction of some of his groupies was uncalled for, though.

Regards

tdefino

You got me. Forgive me for not remembering everything I posted and where. This item and the subsequent second one were on Rathbun's blog, Gawker, Romanesko's blog on Poynter and a million other places and I commented on many. I do know I used the phrase in a comment that Rathbun didn't post, written the same day as he ran the item. Just a few days with all this shit and you can see how it makes one a little confused.

SpecialFrog

Just a few days with all this shit and you can see how it makes one a little confused.

Quite understandable.

I wasn't trying to attack you, I just like to make sure my reasons for thinking Marty is a wanker are entirely accurate. :)