"Scientology opponents plan protest at Cruise premiere"

What's It All About

Patron with Honors
I'd be thrilled if just one person with a megaphone would announce to the crowd and Tom that Miscavige reads Tom's sexual exploits aloud to his minions and laughs at Tom's secrets while he's getting drunk. Tom would be outraged and in denial, of course, but it might plant a seed. If Tom pays any attention at all to his intuition, which is very doubtful considering the warning signs he ignores daily, he will recognize the truth, even if he can't admit it yet.

Of course, the person who says this might get arrested, but maybe not if they have a permit for the protest. Should be interesting.

"Anti-Scientology campaigners are urging Tom Cruise to speak out against the organisation as he visits Dublin today for the European premiere of his latest film.

Campaigners are planning a protest at the premiere of the movie 'Oblivion', which screens at 6pm this evening at the Savoy cinema."

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/scientology-opponents-plan-protest-at-cruise-premiere-589977.html

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Or better yet - go up and get his autograph - then say very nice and calmly - "Tom, you are going to be really, really, really pissed when you find out what David Miscavige did to get you IN! You are being so duped - wake up! Tom - you had your auditing at the INT base? Why don't you look as to why that occurred. LRH says NO SPECIAL TREATMENT - it is in his scriptures!" Not only was that violated - but there is a glaring WHY! Think about it Tom....and thanks for the autograph!"

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
Do most major US films first preview overseas? Seems like this is what's been happening with his last few films. Strange.

He has his swollen head stuck in the sand regarding the cult. He has for years, and so here we are, still talking about it, year after year.
Carry on!

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Or better yet - go up and get his autograph - then say very nice and calmly - "Tom, you are going to be really, really, really pissed when you find out what David Miscavige did to get you IN! You are being so duped - wake up! Tom - you had your auditing at the INT base? Why don't you look as to why that occurred. LRH says NO SPECIAL TREATMENT - it is in his scriptures!" Not only was that violated - but there is a glaring WHY! Think about it Tom....and thanks for the autograph!"

I think Tom is totally complicit, at this point. He's no longer "just some celebrity who is interested in America's fastest-growing religion". That phase was over in the 90's, if not earlier. I really think the films "The Firm" and "Vanilla Sky" were desperate cries for help.

What's It All About

Patron with Honors
Hot Cruise buns! Look what Tommy "pulled in". We knew he always thought he was hot. Not sure what happened to the protesters though.

http://dlisted.com/2013/04/05/tom-cruises-precious-ass-cheeks-must-stay-warm-all-times

"Thanks to Helen for sending in this picture of the delicate and fragile Scientology blossom Tommy Girl keeping his thetans warm and toasty at the premiere of Oblivion in Dublin on Wednesday.
While the nipples of Tommy's fans turned into chest icicles from standing in the cold, he kept warm by making one of his mortal slaves follow him around with a portable heater."

tommygirldublinasscheeks.jpg

dlisted.com said:
Or maybe that's not a portable heater after all. Maybe it's some sort of Scientology machine that blocks the glibness in the air from touching his body. That's probably it.

It's just way too easy to make fun of Tom Cruise and the Batshit Crazy Cult Of Scientology

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
Our best man, who was with us 18 mos. ago in Dublin (my Mom's hometown) at the Guiness factory, told me today that Tom was at the Guiness
factory "pulling a perfect pint". This from a guy who could give 2 shits about any "celeb". It caught his attention for some reason, somewhere; Tommy Girl was talking about his role in Cocktail, blah blah blah. Maybe I can find a clip. Wish me luck.

Techless

Patron Meritorious

Actually I think most do not - I know a guy who knows a guy's brother, whose 2nd niece often gets videoed/ripped movie premeires on DVD (usually from Russia or Hungary or something) weeks before they open here in theaters in the states! I think the movie box-office thing works out better that way for the gross revenues of Hollywood folk - i.e. it 'slows' down the pirating...

What's It All About

Patron with Honors
I don't know if the protest was more than this woman holding up a tee-shirt saying that scientology forced abortions, but I'll take it:

http://www.demotix.com/news/1931288...otest-tom-cruise-movie-premiere#media-1931285

The irony being of course that in Ireland, the Catholic Church's control over the country has made even medically necessary abortions difficult or impossible for women to get. So in this case, scientology and the Catholic Church are at opposite extremes in how they control women's reproductive rights. But they're united in wanting to control women's bodies. Thanks, but no thanks, "churches".

Maybe the men making these decisions should get mandatory vasectomies at about age 10. Then if they can afford to reverse the process, it may be an indicator that they can afford to raise the children that they have made a physical and financial commitment to fathering. It still can't compare to the impact of pregnancy and childbirth on women, but at least they'd be putting their own bodies on the line, not just controlling women's.

Hey, ladies and gents, do you think a law could be passed to this effect? (I'm plugging my ears in advance in case the screaming starts.)