What's new

Scientology Places Ads with Craiglist to Recruit

pittny12

Patron with Honors
http://industry.bnet.com/advertisin...secret-craigslist-ads-to-recruit-new-members/

Scientology Uses "Secret" CraigsList Ads to Recruit New Members
By Jim Edwards | Feb 11, 2010

ShareMyBNETEmailDiggFacebookTwitterGoogleDeliciousStumbleUponNewsvineLinkedInMy YahooTechnoratiRedditPrintRecommend0The Church of Scientology is advertising “secretly” on CraigsList’s activity partners section. A recent post from a miffed user in Phoenix complains:

All these ads (below) lead to Scientology, yet NOWHERE is it mentioned in ANY of these ads that they are from Scientology.

BNET opened up a couple of the ads and noted they feature the same number but different names, “Skye” and “Joan.” A call to Skye/Joan was answered by a man who said, “Hello, Church of Scientology …”

The ads use innocuous-sounding headlines such as “Evening classes” or “Group for spiritual people,” and say things like:

If you love learning about life and gaining more wisdom, you’ll love us …

… If you are interested in what we do, what we have learned, or if you want to attend a free life improvement lecture given by us, call (602) 954-1417. Ask for Joan.

Here’s one. And here’s another.

Scientology last year launched a new advertising campaign, “Know Yourself — Know Life,” which gained some notoriety. The church is also suffering from the defection of some of its members into dissident groups, and attacks by an anti-Scientology group called “Anonymous.” The CL commenter concludes:

Why would a church behave in a sneaky manner like this? Could it be that they know they are thought of as a cult by many, so they’re ashamed or afraid to mention their own faith?

Happy Aberree

Patron with Honors
Even the totally loyal staff member knows "deep down" that what they are selling/doing/talking is fucking weird shit. So they come up with these Tom Fool schemes to solicit some sort of influx.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Using deception to get people to call you is pretty pathetic although not surprising for scio.

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
Even the totally loyal staff member knows "deep down" that what they are selling/doing/talking is fucking weird shit. So they come up with these Tom Fool schemes to solicit some sort of influx.

Yeah. In all the time I was in, I never did learn how to disseminate, and of course I thought it was because something was wrong with me! :duh:

Lynn

Ho Tai

Patron Meritorious
Yeah. In all the time I was in, I never did learn how to disseminate, and of course I thought it was because something was wrong with me! :duh:

Same here, Lynn. I didn't want to disseminate, though sometimes I had to man the stress test table. I figured I was a bad Scientologist, but now that my CoS goggles are off I can see that I knew even then that I was at best misleading people.

It's really refreshing now that I am out - I volunteer for organizations that do good with no strings attached. I'm happy to talk to people about what I do, and it doesn't matter a bit whether or not they want to get involved in it too.

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Same here, Lynn. I didn't want to disseminate, though sometimes I had to man the stress test table. I figured I was a bad Scientologist, but now that my CoS goggles are off I can see that I knew even then that I was at best misleading people.

It's really refreshing now that I am out - I volunteer for organizations that do good with no strings attached. I'm happy to talk to people about what I do, and it doesn't matter a bit whether or not they want to get involved in it too.

Yes. At some level you do know - whether you want to call it your "Inner Being" or your "Higher Self" or your intuition. That's what gets squashed or shunted to the side in Scientology, and that's what has to get rehabilitated when you get out, so you can spot a lie when something doesn't ring true all the way to the core.

Lynn

JackStraw

Lynn

My justifier for not disseminating was "based on the tech":happydance:

You see, I hated when people of other churches or groups tried to disseminate to me, and as everyone knows, one of the definitions of an overt is "doing something you wouldn't want done to you." So, disseminating was an overt!!!:dieslaughing:

Jack

Alan C. walter speaks from the dead: :) Clear L a long time ago

I suggest you read your Div. 6 vol. The Perfect Dissemination Formula.

These key people tell their friends and they tell their friends and one day
you have a couple of hundred people getting trained.

Co-processing is then going on ALL over the world.

For the Free Zone to come into power and survive, let alone prosper it will
take thousands of processors, not pcs. If we don't make processors we die.
If we die then the Game is in the hands of the DOMINATORS.

You promote "be a pc." When are you going to train processors?

A pc can never be free, a well trained processor has the keys to freedom
forever in their hands.

The only reason to process anyone is to bring them up to being willing to
get trained, then giving them the best training possible. Anything less is a
Q&A.

To only make pcs is the act of a treasonous slime ball. Its a covert way to
create dependency.

freemefree

Patron with Honors
they are good commercials tho

I have to say that the cults new commercials have a very high production value and they are spot on.

It sad because the clueless and people overwhelmed with problems, who really need help will be sucked in to the cults layer.