What's new

Scientology Popular Culture Analysis - Seeking Information and Sources

BasedQ

Hello everyone:

I am a student at Central Methodist University and I'm working on an analysis of the effects of popular culture on the Church of Scientology and Scientology's influence on popular culture. The working definition for popular culture is "well-known icons and media products". Since 2010, I have been collecting information on this topic. Currently I have an outline complete (but I'm still considering additions). However, I still have some items that need further research:

• Xenu and the Space Opera [I had the understanding that Xenu (or Xemu) may have derived from a science fiction character of a similar name. Please confirm.]
  • Dianetics campaigns in the 50's and 80's. Any changes to the book ("squirreled tech" if you will) between those times. Any changes made to the original text of The Original Thesis and Evolution of a Science. Since I'll be doing a brief overview of Scientology, I may need changes made to Scientology materials that were necessary for religious cloaking, etc.
  • Anything on script writer Jeffrey Scott and how and where Scientology influenced his animation.
  • Further examination of My Name is Earl as Scientology propaganda.
  • Was Alex Winter the subject of Scientology blacklisting? Was anybody else blacklisted?
  • More information on the controversy over the "Woofie Loves Snoop" episode from MTV's Where My Dogs At?, since one of the episodes made fun of Tom Cruise and Scientology.
  • Dianetics may have had references in Ren and Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life. Further information on this if available.

My primary interest is research already conducted. The quality control will be relaxed due to the nature of my thesis. That means I can use things such as Blogs, Internet chat conversations, or Youtube videos. However, if you can provide high quality sources such as books or peer-reviewed journal articles, that would be preferable. Government websites and scientific online sites are also acceptable. I'll accept interviews as a last resort, but if I do, it'll have to go through an institutional review board.

Thanks in advance for any help received here. You have my gratitude.

suspiciousperson

Patron with Honors
That will be £3000 please.

I can also do your degree for you if you like. That'll be £800 000.

Hubbard was right, penny a word isn't the way to get rich. Ten pounds a word, on the other hand...

P.S. I can also charge hourly if you prefer. Watching Ren and Stimpy episodes will get you a 90% discount.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dianetics promised to "GET RID OF YOUR REACTIVE MIND". That was the State of "Clear".
Hubbard claims the new Homo Novus.

Hubbard's first CLEAR was presented.

She was a Physics major or something like that - smart gal. You can find it somewhere but I can't remember her name - google it.

She was told to turn around and then tell the audience what color L Ron Hubbard's Tie was.

She said "she did not know".

He was booed off the stage!

Now - members spend about $200,000-$350,000 to go up the Bridge to "Clear" to figure out the "changed version of CLEAR -

"I am mocking up my reactive mind but can control it and stop it"

That, my friend, is the "Clear" cognition. I just saved you oodles...so please make sure you elaborate on this FRAUD! Scientology is going to get sued over this fraud very soon.

You can go to Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker and read all about going up the Bridge with Claire Headley - she gives you exactly what one does, the "cognitions" one has and the approximate cost. It is very well done! Don't forget the IAS donations, CCHR, Wise, Criminon, Way to Happiness and Narconon front groups.

READ LAWRENCE BRENNAN'S AFFIDAVIT also found on the web to learn how the Church of Scientology developed the scam of "religious cloaking". He worked for Scientology and eventually blew and also blew the whistle!!

The Wall of Fire - OT III - is very confidential and you could die if you read it because you HAVE to go up the Bridge to prepare yourself for this information that has KILLED every man prior to L Ron Hubbard. You can find the OTIII on Wiki Leaks in Hubbard's own handwriting.

OT III - a galactical warlord named Xenu, took a bunch of people and froze them, shipped them to Hawaii and threw them into volcanoes. He blew them up with H-Bombs and their souls are floating around attached to us - THAT is the source of all of our problems, not the reactive mind. In fact, the entire Bridge up to OTIII - was not auditing you - but it was auditing your Body Thetans - these tortured souls. What a rip off, eh?

When you get to OT VII - you need to go to FLAG to do Sec. Checks each six months - that was a change made to maximize profits. Many OT's get ill, some die but they all spend years and years while Flag charges about $10K each six months plus accomodations and more fleecing from the various front groups to prove their OT worthiness!

Now these Body Thetans..to audit them - you have to talk to them and get in two-way comm...then ask them who they are - and they will "as is" themselves and free themselves from you!! There are millions of them - so it takes a long time and is very expensive.

Make sure you get the scoop on Wiki-Leaks...you don't want to miss a beat.

You can also verify this from the South Park episode.

Happy reporting!! Tell everyone you know the "Clear" cog! It drives the Scilions crazy!

The other thing you can expose is the "Application and Enrollment Form" - a lawyered up Contract that a member signs AFTER the Church of Scientology gets their money. They have to sign it before each course or service. They cannot get an attorney and do not receive any copies even though the contract states they do.

They are heavily indoctrinated into believing the "Psychs" are out to destroy Scientology. (they are not - could care less) and due to the Psychs - these contracts have to be signed to protect the Church. Members are also told that the Church calls all money - "donations" due to it being a Church and the computers are set up that way.

The contract deems all "donations" to be now the "churches". It is very cleverly done to keep everyones money and they do it because Scientology is the most litigious Organization in the World - so most members are too afraid to try to get it back.

Google: Brian Culkin - he got a $350K refund recently but he had to throw a bunch of apostates under the bus and now he is in a heap load of trouble! Lawsuit still in progress and should be fascinating to watch. The Church of Scientology is getting sued for FRAUD - Luis Garcia verses David Miscavige and The church of Scientology - awesome man taking on the greediest cult in the World!! We love Luis Garcia - he has some big kha-hoona's!!

Scientologist's are heavily "regged" with high pressure sales tactics, lies and sympathy for the Organization to survive - so they put tons of money on account. Anywhere from $30,000 to $200,000 or more! Most Scientologist's today are filing bankruptcy, losing homes to foreclosure and experiencing total financial ruin!! Just get a list from a Class Five Org of active Scientologist's and look them up in Court records, Tax Assessor's etc...they are getting financially destroyed to support this Church that is sitting on Billions of dollars. Google Debbie Cook!! Ex Captain of FLAG!

Staff members study "Big League Sales by Les Dane and they lie to get money out of members.

The Church of Scientology keeps money and rarely ever returns it. Lots of indoctrination occurs first - "we are the most ethical group on the planet and we practice the doctrine of exchange" - so by the time a person is convinced their ruin can get fixed and get on the Bridge - they believe this Church is very ethical and honest....THEY ARE NOT!

Check out the CVB Routing Form and Staff Contract - especially the Sea Org contract. You can download these contracts from Wiki Leaks or google them...they are all on the net.

"REFUND" is a dirty, filthy word in Scientology. It is a HIGH CRIME to ask for one.

PM me if you need help finding these online. Happy to help!!

Last edited:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
[video=youtube;PtjH02EP7_4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtjH02EP7_4[/video]

[video=youtube;O9AGVARpqdk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9AGVARpqdk[/video]

Last edited:

suspiciousperson

Patron with Honors
You guys are so nice, seriously. A cynical bastard like me stating (through the medium of lulz) how ridiculous it is for a lazy student to be asking such entitled questions and the three of you put in a bunch of effort to help out. It would be going a bit far to say I have tears in my eyes, but if I was sober I might. Honestly you have so much to be proud of, you are great, thanks for, hey, being there!

PTS

Elliott
Hmm what you're asking is in what ways has the cult been at the effect of popular culture. That is not a bad question at all. The first thing that leaps into my mind is very recent, Anonymous. They have smashed their way into pop culture and have been at cause over the cult for years now. When half a dozen of us stand in front of the local org with our signs and our V for Vendetta masks on, they fall all over themselves to draw the blinds down over the windows. Although they work hard at their non-confront, sooner or later one of them loses their shit and it's funny as fuck. I don't know why they choose to give us so much power but I'll take it just the same.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm kinda with suspiciousperson on this. I used to be TA at a major University.

But I'll give some pointers anyway, but you have to go look them up.

Alex Panshin has a great site about Bob Heinlein, and Operation Clambake has a whole thread about Heinlein's work and speculation about which characters were modeled off of Hubbard. That's probably the first body of fiction in which a Hubbard-like character appeared. I suggest you read both Revolt in 2010 and Stranger in a Strange Land. And I forget which Lazarus Long book had the story about the man who was too lazy to fail.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
You guys are so nice, seriously. A cynical bastard like me stating (through the medium of lulz) how ridiculous it is for a lazy student to be asking such entitled questions and the three of you put in a bunch of effort to help out. It would be going a bit far to say I have tears in my eyes, but if I was sober I might. Honestly you have so much to be proud of, you are great, thanks for, hey, being there!

I did it for the families that are ripped apart for absolutely nothing! I did it for the abused staff members, sea org members, I did it for you, for me and for the innocent victims that could fall into the Scientology Trap!!

I also did for OSA!:coolwink: Perhaps a little truth today could poke a hole in their "Truman Show" Bubble and help those poor saps wake up too!!

Scientology is a complex, twisted up ball of bullshit that takes getting IN for years to figure out the real Scientology - not the made-up load of lies it $ell$! Anytime someone wants to KNOW - I feel a moral duty to tell.

Hubbard says - you make a lot of money by making something very complicated and then make it hard to "have"....like medicine. He starts Scientology out very simple and not complex and then it rolls out into a very complex, hard to reach, hard to have ball of bullshit that robs years of your lives and your entire bank account unless something pierces the bubble.

Let's keep piercing that bubble SP's!! It is the right thing to do!!

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hmm what you're asking is in what ways has the cult been at the effect of popular culture. That is not a bad question at all. The first thing that leaps into my mind is very recent, Anonymous. They have smashed their way into pop culture and have been at cause over the cult for years now. When half a dozen of us stand in front of the local org with our signs and our V for Vendetta masks on, they fall all over themselves to draw the blinds down over the windows. Although they work hard at their non-confront, sooner or later one of them loses their shit and it's funny as fuck. I don't know why they choose to give us so much power but I'll take it just the same.

The truth has POWER - Scientology scrambles and hides because it is a LIE, a CON, a SCAM!! Scientology is a scavanger Organization that is dangerously parasitic.

It attaches itself to one and sucks the "being dry" - of family, of friends, of money, joy, love, peace, serenity and of time.

Once the "being" stops contributing - Scientology discards the "being" quietly, without sorrow...just like LRH intended!!

The goal in Scientology is to obtain maximum profits without delivering anything in return and obtain free labor to obtain maximum profits without delivering any service or real valuable product!

It is a bubble of illusions - all built on "dreams" of building a new civilization. Look at the Scientology Civilization today - a recap

1. The Organization is sitting on billions of dollars. It owns a vast portfolio of real estate - most empty buildings. Its Leader, David Miscavige, lives a lavish lifestyle and is allowed to act like a dictator while he hides behind the "religious cloak".
2. The members are broke and broken - but they "pretend" to be happy.
3. Scientology has the worst reputation of any religion out there in the world today. It is known as an evil cult!
4. Scientology spoon feeds its loyal members lies and propaganda and threatens disconnection and damnation if members stray from COB's Command Intention. The ones left are bat-shit crazy!
5. Members that stay in are eventually led to doing criminal acts for the Organization. Stat pushing sales are the only thing one does in Scientology. Anything else that does not bring in money is nullified and invalidated.
6. It is the "truman show" of all religions!!
7. It is self-destructing and a revolt is eminent!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Look at the specificity of those questions: this is not a lazy student at all. To me it looks like a diligent researcher trying to fill in a few small holes.

Paul

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here are a few vidoes of the "valuable final products" of dedicated Scientologist's. There are two paths one ends up in - bat-shit crazy or bat-shit crazy. There is a difference and I am sure you will agree that there is a difference. Make sure to show these videos to the class. One needs to know how dangerous Scientology really is!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oqVKmgrMsMo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sNy-4xvI47I

It shook me to the core to see video #2. It kept me out forever!

Please give a warning to all!