What's new

Scientology Price Lists

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Scientology Price Lists.

Jeffrey Augustine has a post on Tony's blog about Scientology's prices. Please see Jeffrey's post for his extended analysis. I thought it appropriate to cross-post the price lists here for the record.

PriceList07a-e1447493715842.png

PriceList07b-e1447494598248.png

StatementsBy-e1447495193577.png

OTVIICert.jpg

Last edited:

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
Wow! I end up with a really crappy looking cert after spending a gazallion $.

:winner::winner::winner:

Man, I am sooo exterior to life!

Gib

Crusader
Re: Scientology 2015 Price Lists

psst -- in the article he says it's a 2007 price list

Paul

true Paul,

but how does one reconcile the policy directive of the COS of not being held accountable?

And yet people still do this shit, pay for auditing and training and yet the COS says we promise nothing?

How do people come to terms with this?

Could it be because of the last panel, the OT7 success story?

Just ask'in, not necessarily you.

And yet, there is never any proof. LOL

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Either way it will be cheaper than getting your own spaceship to Markab :confused2:

I wonder if one day they will stoop to selling it all on Ebay and what the "Best Offers" would be if they exercised that option according to Ebay's rules?

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard said that if it wasn't written by him or stated by him in a lecture then it wasn't standard tech or policy.

Standard policy is found in HCO Policy Letters.

Scientology Policy Directives are therefore squirrel.

It was a Scientology Policy Directive that was used to form the IAS therefore the IAS is a squirrel organization. I pointed this out to the IAS and got all my donations back.

Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
Scientology Price Lists.

Jeffrey Augustine has a post on Tony's blog about Scientology's prices. Please see Jeffrey's post for his extended analysis. I thought it appropriate to cross-post the price lists here for the record.

PriceList07a-e1447493715842.png

PriceList07b-e1447494598248.png

StatementsBy-e1447495193577.png

OTVIICert.jpg

There have been many studies on how to price ones wares to sell to the public, google search.

scientology starts low, then gradually increases prices and gradually convinces one they are buying blue diamonds (clear & OT). And yet no clear or OT.

Quite a trick, hubbard was smart, he created a monopoly by invoking the sublime status of clear, and then OT, blue diamonds.

There have been lots of studies on where to price one's products, google it.

Hubbard created a perceived monopoly, Ron's brand, and not some off shoot squirrel brand, from somebody who was trained in scientology but went on their own.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High–low_pricing

Most companies today price high, then discount. Hubbard figured out how to price low, in the beginning, then increase prices, as stated above, for the goal of Clear, and then OT is priceless when one enters Hubbard's scientology.

And yet, no Clear or OT. Only somebody who has done the whole bridge can attest to this, or somebody who has seen a person do the whole bridge.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
There have been many studies on how to price ones wares to sell to the public, google search.

scientology starts low, then gradually increases prices and gradually convinces one they are buying blue diamonds (clear & OT). And yet no clear or OT.

Quite a trick, hubbard was smart, he created a monopoly by invoking the sublime status of clear, and then OT, blue diamonds.

There have been lots of studies on where to price one's products, google it.

Hubbard created a perceived monopoly, Ron's brand, and not some off shoot squirrel brand, from somebody who was trained in scientology but went on their own.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High–low_pricing

Most companies today price high, then discount. Hubbard figured out how to price low, in the beginning, then increase prices, as stated above, for the goal of Clear, and then OT is priceless when one enters Hubbard's scientology.

And yet, no Clear or OT. Only somebody who has done the whole bridge can attest to this, or somebody who has seen a person do the whole bridge.

There was little gradualness or convincing involved.

Hubbard (in the late 70's from memory) just announced that prices were going up by 10% a MONTH until further notice and it continued for a few years (that isn't gradual, it's rapid ... do the maths) and just in case you're wondering, it wasn't sublime and involved very little, if any, rhetoric.

:melodramatic:

Gib

Crusader
There was little gradualness or convincing involved.

Hubbard (in the late 70's from memory) just announced that prices were going up by 10% a MONTH until further notice and it continued for a few years (that isn't gradual, it's rapid ... do the maths) and just in case you're wondering, it wasn't sublime and involved very little, if any, rhetoric.

"sublime status of clear, and then OT"

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
This is the only one I remember.

D4IhG.jpg

That looks as if it was part of the marketing used quite a while prior to the increases I mentioned (Paul will know) ... WW didn't receive "donations" when the increases happened ... by then it was the AOSHUK and FOLOUK reges that collected the money.

From memory when the cofs announced the 10% per month increases everyone were given about a months warning to "buy now at today's rates".

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
That looks as if it was part of the marketing used quite a while prior to the increases I mentioned (Paul will know) ... WW didn't receive "donations" when the increases happened ... by then it was the AOSHUK and FOLOUK reges that collected the money.

It's before AOLA opened up, I'm guessing around 1970/71. The price increases were announced in LRH ED 284 INT, THE SOLUTION TO INFLATION, dated 16 September 1976, and starting a few weeks afterwards:

Accordingly, henceforth, beginning at midnight 31 October 1976 the requested donations of all services, books, meters, courses and processing, will increase 5%.

Thereafter, at midnight on the last day of each month, the expected donations will increase 5% over the past month.

The 5% was doubled to 10% for the UK, as the prices started off lower here. For example, before this issue came out, 12 1/2 hours cost £75 full price (about US $150 at the exchange rate then current, I think).

Paul