What's new

Scientology question: Can someone explaian Kaja Ballo's death for me?

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is the dumbest post I've seen you make. My comments are most definitely NOT the Co$ standard line on medication of mood affective disorders. Go check with a psychiatrist, she'll likely confirm my comments.

For the record, I'm bipolar. It runs in my family. I've a need to know the nature of the effects that mood meds have on the body's systems, accordingly I did the research to find out.

Mark A. Baker

My mistake. I must have read that far too fast and not taken it in. Rereading it, it makes sense as to what I've read as well. I'm not sure what was going through my head at the time. Sorry.

Human Again

Silver Meritorious Patron
I don't think the stress test would have had much, if anything, to do with it. It's possible, as others have stated, that the tester "put her into her ruin", which is specifically what they're aiming for, and then they suggest that "scientology can help you with that", and sell a course or auditing or book with that line. However, it's equally possible that she was desperate already, which is why she was willing to talk to scientologists, and then when she got home, just decided to end it all instead of making further efforts.

Blaming it on the "stress test" might make people feel vindictively satisfied, but I don't think it's warranted.

I agree

Wisened One

Crusader
Welcome to ESMB, Jeena.

As a former Test Evaluator, what Feral says is correct. That was our goals as Evaluators and/or Reg's to 'ruin the person' by 'caving them in' to some grief or negative emotion just enough to get them to fork over their money for their course or counselling.

I really doubt that the test eval would've caved her in to that degree to where she killed herself based on it, but then again, you never know, maybe it was the straw that broke the came's back, so to speak. :sad:

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is true. It is also true that in some cases meds can increase the prospect of suicide precisely because they are effective at treating depression.

One of the things about mood affective disorder related suicides; mad's are more likely to commit suicide when coming OUT of depression or BEFORE descending into depression as opposed to WHILE depressed. They are more active & energetic and therefore more likely to ACT. This is true whether or not meds are involved.

Meds tend to reduce the worst effects of depression and thus can be implicated in a patient's suicide. What a family member may interpret as a patient "getting better" may in fact be a pre-cursor to a suicide.

Mark A. Baker

This is interesting. I had never looked at it from that angle but it makes sense.

TP