What's new

Scientology Ramps Up 'Going Clear' Smear Campaign, Targets Academy Members

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
You aren't wrong, but what keeps reoccurring in my poor brain is "[highlight]What you resist, you become[/highlight]" It seems the more they resist bad press, the more they get it.

Mimsey

Surely the most misquoted line in all of scientology. It's 'what you resist you become the effect of'.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
When you do auditor training in scientology you are told that this attitude of "I'm right, you are wrong" is an aberration called a "service facsimile" and it can be cured.

Therefore, as a former auditor and case supervisor myself, I recommend that Karin Pouw a.k.a. David Miscavige be programmed for auditing up to Grade IV completion. That should do it.:yes:

Spot on! I think I posted once that scinetology is just one big service fac.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Scientology turns tables on documentary maker by making secret film about him 'and targeting Academy voters' in bid to stop him winning an Oscar

• Alex Gibney, director of Going Clear, said campaign against him intensified
  • Emmy-winning film, which debuted in March, could also win an Oscar
  • Academy members involved in voting process allegedly contacted
  • Scientology magazine writer reportedly solicited interviews about Gibney
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-Academy-voters-bid-stop-winning-Oscar.html

HT - The Wrong Guy on WWP: https://whyweprotest.net/threads/alex-gibney-going-clear.121403/page-40#post-2558848

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
When you do auditor training in scientology you are told that this attitude of "I'm right, you are wrong" is an aberration called a "service facsimile" and it can be cured.

Therefore, as a former auditor and case supervisor myself, I recommend that Karin Pouw a.k.a. David Miscavige be programmed for auditing up to Grade IV completion. That should do it.:yes:
But there is also something in auditor training about never apologizing to a preclear, no matter how badly you fuck up.
Fortunately, I have forgotten all the brilliant reasons why this would ruin the poor PC.
But I am not proud to admit that I used it as a tactic for years.
Truly believing that apologizing would put me at some horrible disadvantage I might never recover from.
Whats worse, is, in staff situations more often than not, that was true.

Jump

Operating teatime
But there is also something in auditor training about never apologizing to a preclear, no matter how badly you fuck up.
Fortunately, I have forgotten all the brilliant reasons why this would ruin the poor PC.
But I am not proud to admit that I used it as a tactic for years.
Truly believing that apologizing would put me at some horrible disadvantage I might never recover from.
Whats worse, is, in staff situations more often than not, that was true.

i.e. - the customer is always wrong

:duh:

CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC

Scientology's smear campaign against HBO's 'Going Clear'

Austin American-Statesman: Scientology's smear campaign against HBO's 'Going Clear'

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/new...-smear-campaign-against-hbos-going-cle/nnzhx/

Conclusion:

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

And whether these reported incidents have any influence over the 221 voting members in the Academy's documentary branch stands to be seen. Gibney has been nominated for an Oscar twice and won in 2008 for his doc "Taxi to the Dark Side," which looks into America's torture practices in the Middle East.

One thing is for sure, though: The attempts to dissuade the Academy from giving the Oscar to Gibney are the same reasons people have developed such an interest in the religion, so the church's efforts may still help Gibney more than hurt him.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * * *

wigee1

Patron with Honors
Spot on! I think I posted once that scinetology is just one big service fac.

I think scio just don't get it, that they're Fucked. their attack tactics just don't work. us SPS are baiting them to the enth degree.
One would have to fairly dumb to not see that, Its almost fun to keep going ,I know I'm a sick person , but its fun. I'm in Glee.
Granitt.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Can't wait to see what they come up with.

Will they focus on the ants, Bohemian Rhapsody, or Alex Gibney's father?

What crimes will Scientology manufacture?

Only the dark mind of Miscavige knows...