What's new

Scientology ready to sue HBO for Copyright Infringement!

whoisxenu

Patron with Honors
Wouldn't it be funny if HBO made a deal with Marvel for the rights to Xemu the Merciless and turned around and sued Scientology for BILLIONS regarding copyright infringement? :smoking::scnsucks::drama2:

guanoloco

As-Wased
Their motto? Always attack, never defend. You can see how well it has served them lo these many years!

Yeah but they spend tons on yapping about "who is David Miscavige?" and then droning on about how he spearheaded the unprecedented expansion, blah, blah, blah. But nothing about Ron the fucktard.

They produce movies and lawsuits attacking those who badmouth wee Davey but Ron gets lambasted and there's not even a peep.

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
As they once said in the description of the alt.religion.scientology newsgroup on USENET:

"He's dead, Jim."

Admiral Miscavige signs the checks these days, along with pretty much running everything. Defending Dr. Hubbard is a path with no cheese.

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
Interesting how old Norman Starkey looks....and a few of the others too. WoW, his hair is completely white .....

They too will pass on some day....

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
If you watch the Scn vid with the sound off, it looks like there are missing persons that COS is hiding and that the big letter crimes across the screen are COS crimes against these people as victims.

:hysterical:

I'll bet Anonymous could have a bit of fun doing their own voiceovers to this vid. :coolwink:

:hysterical:

Ja mein Führer! :carryon:

And Wendy could provide the voice for the voiceover. :coolwink:

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
What a boring piece of overkill. All those animated letter icons flying around and not really meaning anything, just like asserting that someone called or e-mailed HBO or Alex Gibney over and over and over. That video could have made its point such as it was in a minute or two, but noooooo they had to drone on and on with that busy library music in the background. The HBO program was tightly edited and makes this thing look whiny and full of sour grapes. ScienCorp always tries to marshal a bunch of volunteers together to make a point but they can't hide the decades of bad-to-illegal behavior and dictatorial policy and it really pisses them off to face the music in the court of public opinion.

VictoryGin84

Seems like they are not finished. Scientology posted up this video yesterday. They are mad because HBO didn't reply to all them letters.

[video=vimeo;126895194]https://vimeo.com/126895194[/video]

Did any of their letters ask for a response? Normally, a demand letter makes a demand, provides a time frame for when the demand is to be met and lists the possible actions the party will take if the demand isn't met. Without these very basic free legal aid steps the letter is nothing more than a memo. It doesn't ask for a response nor is it a demand letter. IMO- these letters are only for internal PR.

Last edited:
What a boring piece of overkill. All those animated letter icons flying around and not really meaning anything, just like asserting that someone called or e-mailed HBO or Alex Gibney over and over and over. That video could have made its point such as it was in a minute or two, but noooooo they had to drone on and on with that busy library music in the background. The HBO program was tightly edited and makes this thing look whiny and full of sour grapes. ScienCorp always tries to marshal a bunch of volunteers together to make a point but they can't hide the decades of bad-to-illegal behavior and dictatorial policy and it really pisses them off to face the music in the court of public opinion.

OSA has to churn them out to try to match the "entheta" with an equivalent or higher numbers of PR items which "handle" the "entheta". It's one of their stats. The wog world media seems to have OSA on a treadmill of time wasting, and promotion for anti scientologists.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I kinda like it when the cult sues big organizations like HBO. Shelling a few millions out to their shysters will re-animate local business, but since it's so relatively little money, no bank will suffer from that.

Judges can justify their existence, some lawyers can make a few [STRIKE]honest[/STRIKE] bucks, so everyone should be happy.

Right?:coolwink:

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
Eric M. Lieberman is the Cult of Scientology's key human rights attorney, and he's proud to state on his website that he's been shilling for the cult for some 40 years now. He's the snake of all snakes, on one hand pretending to be a human rights advocate, and on the other smashing individuals on behalf of Scientology every chance he can. He plays both sides of the coin, has a great reputation for confusing issues and judges. Sometimes he pushes copyright law as if the church is a business, and other times he uses the First Amendment to support the cult's vicious treatment of perceived enemies and RPF prison and re-indoctrination program. He has a long list of victims that just happens to include those most seriously harassed by the cult (which harassment he defended), including Paulette Cooper, Lisa McPherson, Marc Headley, Larry Wollersheim, Gerry Armstrong, Jesse Prince, Andre Taboyoyon and Graham Berry, to name just a few. Lieberman has even popped up for Monique Rathbun's court case. He has been integral to the deals with the IRS and, in addition to pushing his First Amendment protection of the cult and even influencing senators and legislation regarding its application, Lieberman has also been involved with every major Scientology tax court case in the US.

If ever there was a lawyer who is a complete sociopath bulldog for the cult, IMHO, it's Eric Lieberman.

He's got to be in his 70s by now, or close to it. No doubt he's not as sharp as his old days and relies on his reputation more than his skills.

He's a Scientology whore and runs to its court cases like a vampire smelling blood. It completely disgusts me to see someone with his education who has done nothing with it but smash human rights and legitimize and legalize the mistreatment of individuals. He regularly and systematically sweeps Scientology's crimes away.

If there is to be any lawsuit or court case on behalf of Scientology, Lieberman will be there.

This time, if it happens, I hope he gets knocked right out of the legal ring, humiliated and chastised, only to be eaten alive by the vicious dogs of Scientology he's defended all these years.

And wouldn't that be justice if he personally ended up labeled SP and fair gamed by the cult and locked up in that very hole in Hemet that he likes to tell others does not exist? :coolwink:

Actually you kinda can't blame the guy! It's gotta be the EASIEST money-making client ever. He just spins & spins whatever they say they want, hands them his mountain of bills and BOOM gets a super-easy payday. Kinda does sound "whorish" :coolwink: Lay on your back, flop around a bit, blah blah blah, pay me! :biggrin:

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
ED9Z2jv.jpg

Are they for freaking real? They went to an asthma expert to counter a paragraph in a BOOK? I didn't think I could possibly laugh any harder than I have been in this thread. I wonder how many people got credit in their weekly stats for this one. OMG this is about the most pathetic thing I've ever seen! :omg:

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
How come there is no return address or further details on the Cof$ letterhead?
Lack of that info makes one wonder just how genuine it is. Those sort of serious intent letters, while fun, need verification of authenticity.

We are very busy....yet we will put 25 people on a plane with reams of evidence & paperwork to come and see you. For a meeting that has never been set up. No place, date, time; but we will be there. :duh::clap:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Are they for freaking real? They went to an asthma expert to counter a paragraph in a BOOK? I didn't think I could possibly laugh any harder than I have been in this thread. I wonder how many people got credit in their weekly stats for this one. OMG this is about the most pathetic thing I've ever seen! :omg:

Well, now that the cult has Dr. Shapiro's written expertise, they might nor dare to say that Da Midget had to uncontrollably beat people up because of an uncontrollable episode of asthma. :giggle: :thumbsup:

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
One thing annoying about the cult's attack videos is the narration, which drones on attacking relentlessly, accompanied by annoying background music. There's no balance or restraint at all. It's attack all the way, never defend or even discuss. It also reminds me of Miscavige's style in speeches, as he drones on spouting stats about miles of wire and feet of cable, thinking the more stats he throws out, no matter how stupid, it makes him sound convincing. There can't be any pauses for the listener to question the validity of what he's saying, or give them a chance to think.

And I agree with others who have noticed that the elephant in the room of these attack videos, is any refutation or even comment about the biography of L. Ron Hubbard by Wright/Gibney as presented in the documentary. They can't even even quote Ron and claim he "didn't have a second wife."

When they say things like Marty put his "fist in the face" of his ex-wife, okay, so he shook his fist at her, is that what he did? And he may have threatened to send her to the moon, but is that it? Seriously, he didn't hit her or anything, so they have to word Marty's losing his temper like it's a big crime.

Marty slapped enough people around, you'd think they'd talk about that, instead of playing word games. Perhaps they don't want to remind the remaining zombies that Slappy didn't do anything about Marty's psychopathic rampage for three years while he was Slappy's right-hand man.

We all know it is a show for the members, because they're the only ones who are going to believe both Wright and Gibney are evil and worthy of condemnation, because L. Ron Hubbard is the greatest...and anyone who says he isn't is a...and must be destroyed.

About Slappy getting violent during an asthma attack when he was a kid, so why doesn't he say how he was? True, most people are gasping for breath and kind of panicking during an attack, but maybe he was the exception, and it triggered other emotions, like anger. This is possible, although uncommon. He was probably the exception.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
One thing annoying about the cult's attack videos is the narration, which drones on attacking relentlessly, accompanied by annoying background music. There's no balance or restraint at all. It's attack all the way, never defend or even discuss. It also reminds me of Miscavige's style in speeches, as he drones on spouting stats about miles of wire and feet of cable, thinking the more stats he throws out, no matter how stupid, it makes him sound convincing. There can't be any pauses for the listener to question the validity of what he's saying, or give them a chance to think.

And I agree with others who have noticed that the elephant in the room of these attack videos, is any refutation or even comment about the biography of L. Ron Hubbard by Wright/Gibney as presented in the documentary. They can't even even quote Ron and claim he "didn't have a second wife."

When they say things like Marty put his "fist in the face" of his ex-wife, okay, so he shook his fist at her, is that what he did? And he may have threatened to send her to the moon, but is that it? Seriously, he didn't hit her or anything, so they have to word Marty's losing his temper like it's a big crime.

Marty slapped enough people around, you'd think they'd talk about that, instead of playing word games. Perhaps they don't want to remind the remaining zombies that Slappy didn't do anything about Marty's psychopathic rampage for three years while he was Slappy's right-hand man.

We all know it is a show for the members, because they're the only ones who are going to believe both Wright and Gibney are evil and worthy of condemnation, because L. Ron Hubbard is the greatest...and anyone who says he isn't is a...and must be destroyed.

About Slappy getting violent during an asthma attack when he was a kid, so why doesn't he say how he was? True, most people are gasping for breath and kind of panicking during an attack, but maybe he was the exception, and it triggered other emotions, like anger. This is possible, although uncommon. He was probably the exception.

Pardon my scepticism about DM's violence having been brought on by an asthma attack, but I'd be inclined to go with Dr Shapiro's expertise in this field and suggest that that was most likely a convenient excuse.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
One thing annoying about the cult's attack videos is the narration, which drones on attacking relentlessly, accompanied by annoying background music. There's no balance or restraint at all. It's attack all the way,
snip

:yes:

30 secondes of this voice and we are done....irritated

I think the voice, the non-stop aggressive accusations, the speed without pausing is designed on purpose - like a kind of hypnotic speech to create , in the audience, a ''warrior'' mood - instead of letting the slaves at ''effect'' about the documentary and the former top executive who spoke out.

No need to discuss anything - only shooting attacks , and the group react as an indocrined group...'' these are our ennemies, the espees, they attack us, we attack....

Typical of Cult of [STRIKE]$cientology[/STRIKE] collective psychopathy :unsure:
They don't even have time to think... and they are forbidden to disagree...

For the genreal public audience... It's so obvious this cult is sick, evil and paranoid...no one would even think about joining it now, neither let their kids and family approach a [STRIKE]Church [/STRIKE] mind manipulation base.

When $cienos come back home, after they watched these nasty pieces, I wonder if it comes to their mind that : What they do the the former members who speak..they can do it to me as well ????:nervous: Better vanish now, quietly without sorrow...'':unsure:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Pardon my scepticism about DM's violence having been brought on by an asthma attack, but I'd be inclined to go with Dr Shapiro's expertise in this field and suggest that that was most likely a convenient excuse.

Half of my sibling suffer sever asthma- I've often seen them in crisis, with need of emergency care at the hospital.

They are feeling so bad in trying to find air and breath that they don't even can get into any comm neither confrontation..they just try to get air...to survive...

Last edited: