What's new

Scientology ridicules the President of South Africa's response to xenophobia attacks

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Church of Scientology ridicules the President of South Africa's response to xenophobia attacks.

From the South African Independent Scientology blog, Scientologists getting back in comm:

Co$ – Masters of the bandwagon

https://backincomm.wordpress.com/2015/05/05/co-masters-of-the-bandwagon/

As indicated by the title of the article, it is primarily about how the Church of Scientology bandwagons on the issue of the day to obtain IAS and other contributions. It is well worth reading in full for that reason.

I, however, want to focus on another issue. The article addresses the recent xenophobia attacks in South Africa, the response by the President of South Africa thereto, and the criticism by the Church of Scientology of that response.

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

xenophobia-email-s-hannekom1.gif

Firstly, the word “xenophobia” is not a pronoun – but for some reason, Shaun thinks it looks better that way. The litany of typos and poor grammar is just embarrassing. As is denigrating the President of South Africa by referring to him simply as “Jacob Zuma” – not to mention ridiculing his decision to deploy military & accusing him of “throwing guns at the problem”. This kind of trash-talk against the President of a country is conduct unbecoming in the extreme – a prime example of Scientology arrogance.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Purple Rain

Crusader
Re: Scientology ridicules the President of South Africa's response to xenophobia atta

Church of Scientology ridicules the President of South Africa's response to xenophobia attacks.

From the South African Independent Scientology blog, Scientologists getting back in comm:

Co$ – Masters of the bandwagon

https://backincomm.wordpress.com/2015/05/05/co-masters-of-the-bandwagon/

As indicated by the title of the article, it is primarily about how the Church of Scientology bandwagons on the issue of the day to obtain IAS and other contributions. It is well worth reading in full for that reason.

I, however, want to focus on another issue. The article addresses the recent xenophobia attacks in South Africa, the response by the President of South Africa thereto, and the criticism by the Church of Scientology of that response.

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

xenophobia-email-s-hannekom1.gif

Firstly, the word “xenophobia” is not a pronoun – but for some reason, Shaun thinks it looks better that way. The litany of typos and poor grammar is just embarrassing. As is denigrating the President of South Africa by referring to him simply as “Jacob Zuma” – not to mention ridiculing his decision to deploy military & accusing him of “throwing guns at the problem”. This kind of trash-talk against the President of a country is conduct unbecoming in the extreme – a prime example of Scientology arrogance.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

I call the Prime Minister of Australia "Tony Abbott" all the time, when I am not calling him other names.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Re: Scientology ridicules the President of South Africa's response to xenophobia atta

I call the Prime Minister of Australia "Tony Abbott" all the time, when I am not calling him other names.
When you do, are you speaking in your official capacity as an employee, agent and representative of your religion in an e-mail being transmitted to numerous parishioners and, indeed, an e-mail likely to be leaked?

In any event, the bigger issue is the ridiculing the President's decision to deploy military and accusing him of "throwing guns at the problem."

Because the best way to defend foreigners under threat is to hand out Way to Happiness booklets.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

I have to wonder how $5,000 in the email became $50,000 in the article. Maybe I missed something or failed scio arthmetic. :unsure:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

I have to wonder how $5,000 in the email became $50,000 in the article. Maybe I missed something or failed scio arthmetic. :unsure:

Usually it depends if it's before or after Thursday 2pm :whistling:

Purple Rain

Crusader

When you do, are you speaking in your official capacity as an employee, agent and representative of your religion in an e-mail being transmitted to numerous parishioners and, indeed, an e-mail likely to be leaked?

In any event, the bigger issue is the ridiculing the President's decision to deploy military and accusing him of "throwing guns at the problem."

Because the best way to defend foreigners under threat is to hand out Way to Happiness booklets.

It was a joke, Joyce! But seriously, in Australia it would be common for Christian leaders to send around emails going, "Kevin Rudd is trying to introduce blah. We must rally Christians to come against this evil in prayer and encourage others to attend the demonstration at Parliament House on whenever." They are less likely to be critical of Tony Abbott though, although hooray for the Uniting Church and their ilk who are willing to get arrested praying in politicians' offices for the release of the children still being kept in detention by the Australian government.

As far as the other stuff goes, they are no doubt emulating Hubbard's brilliance in foreign affairs. Wasn't there some country he tried to interfere with while he was on the ship, resulting in Scientology being given its marching orders in no ceremonious terms?

FascinatedNeverIn

Patron with Honors

My rough and ready estimate to print and send 15,000 A4 leaflets from LA to Cape Town is about:

• £300 for printing
  • £650 for direct UPS palletised freight delivery
  • Let's say another £50 for handling each side, making £100

So that's about £1050.

In USD that's $1594.

Are there any costs I haven't thought of, apart from scientology?

FascinatedNeverIn

Patron with Honors

Oops, I didn't read the DVD bit. I've no idea how much they cost to make.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

My rough and ready estimate to print and send 15,000 A4 leaflets from LA to Cape Town is about:

• £300 for printing
  • £650 for direct UPS palletised freight delivery
  • Let's say another £50 for handling each side, making £100

So that's about £1050.

In USD that's $1594.

Are there any costs I haven't thought of, apart from scientology?

If it was really about disseminating "Way to Happiness", rather than charging whales $$$ in donations to send Way to Happiness, they would have just put it online, where anybody at all could download it (and maybe print it locally)