What's new

Scientology, Ron Hubbard and Hypnosis

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
I am a trained and experienced Auditor.

They are ignorant bigoted gutless shithead sockpuppets of slavemasters
Okay. If you just insult people who disagree with you then use the insult as proof they are wrong that is very poor critical thinking. It is a pile of logical fallacies in place of thinking.

You might as well not even engage a person like myself at all if that is your line of reasoning.

mockingbird

That is not what I know.

I tend to believe there is not a "Reactive Mind" per se which can be terminally eliminated but I don't consider the term "Clear" to be meaningless...

And "OT" (in quotation marks) is as tangible as an apple...
If OT powers are genuine please explain which ones and how they are genuine.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Anderson Report on CCHs

CCH 's.
The third demonstration session, a common form of process in which the preclear does not necessarily speak, was of the CCH's, meaning "Control-Communication-Havingness". The instructions for training students in the CCH's are contained in HCO Bull. of the 5th July, 1963. There appear to be four CCH's. Students are trained in these techniques by coaches. Thereafter, as auditors, they use them on preclears.

These processes are frequently very protracted in full session. When continued for a substantial time, the emotions of preclears may be taxed beyond endurance, so that they become hysterical, and symptoms of mental imbalance develop or are intensified. They frequently lead to discussion between the preclear and the auditor of the preclear's most intimate sexual secrets and behaviour, and at times to the preclear developing sexual urges towards the auditor, if of the opposite sex. These happenings are explained by the fact that these processes when practised for hours at a time almost invariably produce a state of hypnosis.
Ahem...

CCH's were one of my favorite processes to run, never had anything but excellent results with them

Nor did I ever hear of anything remotely like what the Anderson Report says happens "frequently".

Did you ever see such result from CCH's?

Can you find any of the long-serving members of this board who can corroborate this utterly vile calumney?

I am not eager to issue such vulgar statements and usually do not

Such OBSCENITIES as "The Anderson Report" are well worthy of obscenity in return.

mockingbird

Ahem...

CCH's were one of my favorite processes to run, never had anything but excellent results with them

Nor did I ever hear of anything remotely like what the Anderson Report says happens "frequently".

Can you find any of the long-serving members of this board who can corroborate this utterly vile calumney?

Such OBSCENITIES as "The Anderson Report" are well worthy of obscenity in return.
We have a lot to take on here. Obviously if you want further clarification on the Anderson Report you can pursue it. The numerous experts on psychology and psychiatry who were consulted seem to have reached a consensus. Other cult experts have reached similar conclusions.as have experts in hypnosis and cults.

if you had nothing but excellent results where are ALL the people you audited ? How many are there ? How many are still Scientologists ? How many are still of the opinion they have been helped by Scientology ? What evidence is there that one hundred percent were helped and never harmed ?

I understand you claim certain things but do you have evidence to support your claim ?

To be honest I don't think I got a lot out of those particular processes. I got some student auditing but not much on those.

I have to say I mostly got my "peak experiences" from indoctrination and a bit from Dianetics book one auditing.

The thing about other people using vulgar statements or ad hominem attacks or similar fallacies like the genetic fallacy is they prompt responses that are also of poor quality regarding critical thinking and a string of tu quoque responses follow that leave both sides using extremely poor critical thinking. This was the point of much of what I have written on critical thinking including The Easiest Person to Fool thread.

If we don't engage the claims of people and resort to tone policing, the genetic fallacy and other fallacies that we may protect our feelings and cherished beliefs but are using extremely poor critical thinking.

Scientology has a few dozen fallacies that Hubbard used over and over and over again. He set up Scientologists to think in these fallacies and use his phrases as thought stopping cliches. Robert Jay Lifton gave us a superb description of how these function.

Scientology sets people up to permanently use these fallacies to reason poorly, to not consider everything against Scientology and to embrace claims for Scientology.

I pointed out several of these in PISSED! IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT !

No one is immune to cognitive biases or free from using fallacies in both their thinking and arguments but one can certainly try to understand them and to reduce them or to be willing to consider that they use them and need to recalibrate their arguments to be free or freer of fallacies.

Here is a quote on some of the fallacies Scientology is packed with "the following logical fallacies regarding study tech or Scientology in general or parts of it : Personal incredulity , black and white thinking , magical thinking , the Texas sharpshooter fallacy ( aka apophenia ) , Ad Hominem , no true Scotsman ( Scientologist ) , Appeal to authority ( their own or Hubbard ) , begging the question , genetic , burden of proof , ambiguity , bandwagon , anecdotal and of course tu quoque ."

mockingbird

Ahem...

I am going to post a few excerpts from Carl Sagan's Baloney Detection Kit. I think that they apply to dealing with claims for Scientology as so many have similar qualities, qualities that are common to pseudoscience.

"Wherever possible there must be independent confirmation of the “facts.”
Encourage substantive debate on the evidence by knowledgeable proponents of all points of view.

Arguments from authority carry little weight — “authorities” have made mistakes in the past. They will do so again in the future. Perhaps a better way to say it is that in science there are no authorities; at most, there are experts.

Spin more than one hypothesis. If there’s something to be explained, think of all the different ways in which it could be explained. Then think of tests by which you might systematically disprove each of the alternatives. What survives, the hypothesis that resists disproof in this Darwinian selection among “multiple working hypotheses,” has a much better chance of being the right answer than if you had simply run with the first idea that caught your fancy.

Try not to get overly attached to a hypothesis just because it’s yours. It’s only a way station in the pursuit of knowledge. Ask yourself why you like the idea. Compare it fairly with the alternatives. See if you can find reasons for rejecting it. If you don’t, others will.

Quantify. If whatever it is you’re explaining has some measure, some numerical quantity attached to it, you’ll be much better able to discriminate among competing hypotheses. What is vague and qualitative is open to many explanations. Of course there are truths to be sought in the many qualitative issues we are obliged to confront, but finding them is more challenging.
If there’s a chain of argument, every link in the chain must work (including the premise) — not just most of them.

Occam’s Razor. This convenient rule-of-thumb urges us when faced with two hypotheses that explain the data equally well to choose the simpler.

Always ask whether the hypothesis can be, at least in principle, falsified. Propositions that are untestable, unfalsifiable are not worth much. Consider the grand idea that our Universe and everything in it is just an elementary particle — an electron, say — in a much bigger Cosmos. But if we can never acquire information from outside our Universe, is not the idea incapable of disproof? You must be able to check assertions out. Inveterate skeptics must be given the chance to follow your reasoning, to duplicate your experiments and see if they get the same result. "

Sagan went on to say:

"In addition to teaching us what to do when evaluating a claim to knowledge, any good baloney detection kit must also teach us what not to do. It helps us recognize the most common and perilous fallacies of logic and rhetoric. Many good examples can be found in religion and politics, because their practitioners are so often obliged to justify two contradictory propositions."

He also spotted several errors we tend to make that he discouraged and listed.

"ad hominem — Latin for “to the man,” attacking the arguer and not the argument (e.g., The Reverend Dr. Smith is a known Biblical fundamentalist, so her objections to evolution need not be taken seriously)

argument from authority (e.g., President Richard Nixon should be re-elected because he has a secret plan to end the war in Southeast Asia — but because it was secret, there was no way for the electorate to evaluate it on its merits; the argument amounted to trusting him because he was President: a mistake, as it turned out)

argument from adverse consequences (e.g., A God meting out punishment and reward must exist, because if He didn’t, society would be much more lawless and dangerous — perhaps even ungovernable. Or: The defendant in a widely publicized murder trial must be found guilty; otherwise, it will be an encouragement for other men to murder their wives)

appeal to ignorance — the claim that whatever has not been proved false must be true, and vice versa (e.g., There is no compelling evidence that UFOs are not visiting the Earth; therefore UFOs exist — and there is intelligent life elsewhere in the Universe. Or: There may be seventy kazillion other worlds, but not one is known to have the moral advancement of the Earth, so we’re still central to the Universe.) This impatience with ambiguity can be criticized in the phrase: absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

special pleading, often to rescue a proposition in deep rhetorical trouble (e.g., How can a merciful God condemn future generations to torment because, against orders, one woman induced one man to eat an apple? Special plead: you don’t understand the subtle Doctrine of Free Will. Or: How can there be an equally godlike Father, Son, and Holy Ghost in the same Person? Special plead: You don’t understand the Divine Mystery of the Trinity. Or: How could God permit the followers of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam — each in their own way enjoined to heroic measures of loving kindness and compassion — to have perpetrated so much cruelty for so long? Special plead: You don’t understand Free Will again. And anyway, God moves in mysterious ways.)

begging the question, also called assuming the answer (e.g., We must institute the death penalty to discourage violent crime. But does the violent crime rate in fact fall when the death penalty is imposed? Or: The stock market fell yesterday because of a technical adjustment and profit-taking by investors — but is there any independent evidence for the causal role of “adjustment” and profit-taking; have we learned anything at all from this purported explanation?)

observational selection, also called the enumeration of favorable circumstances, or as the philosopher Francis Bacon described it, counting the hits and forgetting the misses (e.g., A state boasts of the Presidents it has produced, but is silent on its serial killers)

statistics of small numbers — a close relative of observational selection (e.g., “They say 1 out of every 5 people is Chinese. How is this possible? I know hundreds of people, and none of them is Chinese. Yours truly.” Or: “I’ve thrown three sevens in a row. Tonight I can’t lose.”)

misunderstanding of the nature of statistics (e.g., President Dwight Eisenhower expressing astonishment and alarm on discovering that fully half of all Americans have below average intelligence);

inconsistency (e.g., Prudently plan for the worst of which a potential military adversary is capable, but thriftily ignore scientific projections on environmental dangers because they’re not “proved.” Or: Attribute the declining life expectancy in the former Soviet Union to the failures of communism many years ago, but never attribute the high infant mortality rate in the United States (now highest of the major industrial nations) to the failures of capitalism. Or: Consider it reasonable for the Universe to continue to exist forever into the future, but judge absurd the possibility that it has infinite duration into the past);

non sequitur — Latin for “It doesn’t follow” (e.g., Our nation will prevail because God is great. But nearly every nation pretends this to be true; the German formulation was “Gott mit uns”). Often those falling into the non sequitur fallacy have simply failed to recognize alternative possibilities;

post hoc, ergo propter hoc — Latin for “It happened after, so it was caused by” (e.g., Jaime Cardinal Sin, Archbishop of Manila: “I know of … a 26-year-old who looks 60 because she takes [contraceptive] pills.” Or: Before women got the vote, there were no nuclear weapons)
meaningless question (e.g., What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object? But if there is such a thing as an irresistible force there can be no immovable objects, and vice versa)

excluded middle, or false dichotomy — considering only the two extremes in a continuum of intermediate possibilities (e.g., “Sure, take his side; my husband’s perfect; I’m always wrong.” Or: “Either you love your country or you hate it.” Or: “If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem”)

short-term vs. long-term — a subset of the excluded middle, but so important I’ve pulled it out for special attention (e.g., We can’t afford programs to feed malnourished children and educate pre-school kids. We need to urgently deal with crime on the streets. Or: Why explore space or pursue fundamental science when we have so huge a budget deficit?);

slippery slope, related to excluded middle (e.g., If we allow abortion in the first weeks of pregnancy, it will be impossible to prevent the killing of a full-term infant. Or, conversely: If the state prohibits abortion even in the ninth month, it will soon be telling us what to do with our bodies around the time of conception);

confusion of correlation and causation (e.g., A survey shows that more college graduates are homosexual than those with lesser education; therefore education makes people gay. Or: Andean earthquakes are correlated with closest approaches of the planet Uranus; therefore — despite the absence of any such correlation for the nearer, more massive planet Jupiter — the latter causes the former)

straw man — caricaturing a position to make it easier to attack (e.g., Scientists suppose that living things simply fell together by chance — a formulation that willfully ignores the central Darwinian insight, that Nature ratchets up by saving what works and discarding what doesn’t. Or — this is also a short-term/long-term fallacy — environmentalists care more for snail darters and spotted owls than they do for people)

suppressed evidence, or half-truths (e.g., An amazingly accurate and widely quoted “prophecy” of the assassination attempt on President Reagan is shown on television; but — an important detail — was it recorded before or after the event? Or: These government abuses demand revolution, even if you can’t make an omelette without breaking some eggs. Yes, but is this likely to be a revolution in which far more people are killed than under the previous regime? What does the experience of other revolutions suggest? Are all revolutions against oppressive regimes desirable and in the interests of the people?)

weasel words (e.g., The separation of powers of the U.S. Constitution specifies that the United States may not conduct a war without a declaration by Congress. On the other hand, Presidents are given control of foreign policy and the conduct of wars, which are potentially powerful tools for getting themselves re-elected. Presidents of either political party may therefore be tempted to arrange wars while waving the flag and calling the wars something else — “police actions,” “armed incursions,” “protective reaction strikes,” “pacification,” “safeguarding American interests,” and a wide variety of “operations,” such as “Operation Just Cause.” Euphemisms for war are one of a broad class of reinventions of language for political purposes. Talleyrand said, “An important art of politicians is to find new names for institutions which under old names have become odious to the public”

Sagan went on to say "Like all tools, the baloney detection kit can be misused, applied out of context, or even employed as a rote alternative to thinking. But applied judiciously, it can make all the difference in the world — not least in evaluating our own arguments before we present them to others." All quotes from the book The Demon Haunted World by Carl Sagan.

I think in looking at Scientology these ideas are all extremely relevant and useful. In looking at other subjects they are useful too and we can apply them as well.

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I understand you thought you were making some kind of clever point and that you (a "scientist") believe that <something> <something> Bible <something> <something> Jesus "pulls the legs from under" scientific principles. :panic: (Couldn't quite follow the "logic" there)

So ... :wtf: yeah, I am not going to understand that, sorry. :duh:

The logic of it is fairly simple Bill, Christianity has been here for a very long time and so to has it's "null hypothesis".

We cannot "prove" scientifically the christhood of the babe of bethlehem but christianity is still here

Thus:

No "null hypothesis" has any bearing on those who take an active and effective interest in auditing

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
The logic of it is fairly simple Bill, Christianity has been here for a very long time and so to has it's "null hypothesis".

We cannot "prove" scientifically the christhood of the babe of bethlehem but christianity is still here

Thus:

No "null hypothesis" has any bearing on those who take an active and effective interest in auditing
I was correct, you don't understand the scientific method. That's okay, a lot of people don't.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was correct, you don't understand the scientific method. That's okay, a lot of people don't.
Correct by definition within your chosen terms.

There's a big bright beautiful and Divine cosmos outside of your chosen terms...

Some of those fluent in scientific thought and method recognize this

Some don't

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
Mockingbird,

I have been reading all your posts and am glad you have been posting all the information you have. Keep it coming.

...especially in regard to the CCHs. I think those are a key part of the hypnotic processing, along with TRs as auditor training. Having CCHs run ON you for hours on in--there's something to be said about that being "mind numbing." After a five hour day of that, how can't one be in a trance state?

mockingbird

Here is a short ten minute video on one example of hypnotherapy. It is very simple and shows a couple things.

mockingbird

The following is an excerpt from an abstract

The Manipulation of Spiritual Experience: Unethical Hypnosis in Destructive Cults
Linda Dubrow-Marshall, Ph.D. and Steve K. Eichel, Ph.D., ABPP

The following paper was initially presented to the Association of Advance Ethical Hypnosis Twenty-Ninth Annual Convention Boston, MA October 26, 1984. It appeared in Hypnosis Reports

© 1985 Re-Entry Therapy, Information & Referral Network

Abstract: The process of cult and mass therapy indoctrination may involve repeated inductions of trance-like states of consciousness similar to hypnosis. Environmental (milieu) control, social manipulation, isolation and the use of prescribed consciousness-altering techniques (e.g. repetitive and/or continuous chanting, meditating, or praying) are some of the methods employed by cults to produce these altered states of awareness. Recent studies suggest that memories, emotions and even spiritual experiences can be manipulated while in hypnosis. Lack of informed consent and questionable concern for individual needs and wishes makes the use of these hypnotic techniques unethical. Being subjected to repeated and prolonged hypnotic inductions can impair the convert's ability to make decisions and evaluate new information; moreover, the convert's altered awareness can "lock in," and become a conditioned personality response pattern. One result can be periodic episodes of unwanted trance experiences ("floating") that occur for months or even years after a cultist exits his/her group.

The growth of controversial new religions and mass therapies (hereafter referred to as "cults") has generated considerable amount of concern and debate. These groups raise some important practical and ethical questions for professional hypnotists and counselors. Cults have produced drastic behavior and personality changes in a decidedly intelligent, educated and usually affluent population of converts. Typical cultists are not ignorant, weak-willed or emotionally disturbed (Clark, Langone, Schecter & Daly, 1981) this phenomenon of sudden personality change under stress, labeled "snapping" by authors Conway and Siegelman (1978) has sparked a renewed interest in methods of environmentally engineered attitude change, coercive persuasion and disguised hypnosis. A large part of the cult debate is concerned with whether or not these techniques constitute an objectively verifiable process of mind control. Behavioral scientists Clark and Langone (1983) claim they do; they have stated that "social psychology research ... demonstrates rather conclusively ... that environmental variables can influence behavior in remarkable ways ... that mind control sometimes occurs in cults (p 28). Sociologists Bromley and Shupe (1981) are among the academicians claiming that cults are not particularly dangerous. Our clinical work with the Re-entry Therapy, Information & Referral Network (of Dubrow Eichel, Dubrow Eichel, & Eisenberg), as well as our interviews with hundreds of former cultists, leads us to accept the contention that some new religions and mass therapies are destructive to many (if not most) individual cult members.

Rather than attempt to deal with an extremely complex issue in its entirety, however, this paper will concentrate on one aspect of destructive cultism the unethical use of covert communication, persuasion and behavior-influencing techniques (including hypnosis), and their role in the manipulation/indoctrination process.

Cults, Hypnosis and Thought Reform

Some theories explain sudden cult conversions in terms of the social pressures exerted when a recruit is subjected to total environmental (milieu) control, while others single out the control of information flow as being the most important factor. Psychiatrist John Clark has proposed that cult brainwashing involves repeated inductions of trance-like states of consciousness, and that these states then become prolonged well beyond what we're used to thinking of as the average length of time in trance. Clark (1979) states that all the other characteristics of cult life (milieu control, the constant demand to be perfect, the constant expectation to confess transgressions, the belief that the cult's "truth" is absolute, use of buzz words and other language-loading techniques, deception, authoritarian structure) act together and contribute to a "continued state of dissociation." This state is marked by "focused attention" in which "new information is absorbed at an accelerated rate and rapidly becomes integral ... to the mind." The convert then becomes dependent on the cult for definitions of reality (p 280).

Dr. Clark's explanation poses some interesting questions. How do cults induce and maintain such prolonged trance states? How do cults make their suggestions so compelling and relatively impervious to the effects of time and feedback (e.g.. "reality testing")?

Cult Induction Processes Many cults seem to induce trance using disguised, non-direct methods. The pre-hypnotic strategies available to, and often utilized by, destructive cults include singling out someone and giving him/her a great deal of positive, special attention which then increases compliance to authority, and the use of group pressure and/or the demand that one "take center stage" and perform something in front of others (who are expecting a specific kind of performance). This tactic, called "love-bombing," is almost universally employed by cults. Isolating a recruit in new and unfamiliar surroundings increases hypnotic susceptibility, as has been experimentally confirmed in a study by Dr. Arreed Barabasz (1994). Continuous lectures, singing and chanting are employed by most cults, and serve to alter awareness. The use of abstract and ambiguous language, and logic that is difficult to follow or is even meaningless, can also be used to focus attention and cause dissociation (Bandler & Grinder, 1975). Information overload can occur when subjects are presented with more new data than they can process at given time, or when subjects a re asked to divide their attention between two or more sources of information input or two or more channels of sensory input; this tactic is almost identical to the distraction or confusion induction methods in hypnosis (Arons, 1981).

Some cults use classical inductions, albeit under ambiguous labels like "meditation," "guided imagery," "awareness exercises," "processes," etc. For example, the early research suggesting that TM (transcendental meditation) is different from and superior to ordinary self-hypnosis has now been discredited; there is no discernible difference between meditative and hypnotic states (Royal College of Physicians, 1982).

Prolonged Trance StatesIn the office of the professional hypnotist, hypnosis occurs within a time-limited, place-limited context. In cults, the exact opposite may be true. The environment is controlled and often seems to have been engineered expressly for the purpose of maintaining and prolonging trance. The cultist is often subjected to sleep and nutrient deprivation, and he or she is taught methods of trance self-maintenance. These methods may include near-continuous praying and chanting, speaking in tongues (glossolalia), prolonged meditation, repetitious scriptural readings or recitations, and other monotonous, repetitive activities. Most published accounts of cult life indicate that cultists are admonished to continuously concentrate on the words, teachings or actual physical experience of the cult leader. Failure to maintain trance is often followed by considerable guilt and self- or cult-inflicted punishment.

Cultists are usually taught that any doubt or deviation from the cult's rigid doctrine is evil or Satanic, or in some other way catastrophe-invoking. Similarly, any prolonged interest in people, activities or subject (e.g.. Music, art science) that does not involve a strong concurrent focus on the cult is belittled and/or strongly discouraged; thus the cultist's attention is always divided, and trances become reinforced and automatic, like a habit.

Trance is characterized first and foremost by heightened suggestibility followed closely by diminished critical thinking or reality testing--what Shor (l969) refers to as receding of the "generalized reality orientation." Repeated induction often result in still greater degrees of suggestibility and deeper hypnotic states (Arons, 1981). By prolonging trance states, and with the use of repeated inductions, the cultist may become more and more pliable, less critical, more dissociated from him/herself and more apt to accept spurious and even preposterous notions as "facts." For example, distorted information processing as a result of prolonged trance may be responsible for the belief among Hare Krishnas that the sun is closer to the earth than the moon and that the female brain weighs half as much as the male's. This process of reality distortion may not be very different from that use of hypnosis by surgery patients who while in trance are able to discount the rather pressing information that they are being cut with a scalpel without anesthesia and should therefore be feeling considerable pain.

Prolonged over a long enough period of time, trances tend to persist and return involuntarily even after the subject is removed from the hypnotic situation. There is a well-documented tendency for former cultists to spontaneously re-enter a trance-like state, especially when faced with a situation that would have been met with chanting praying or some other form of self-hypnosis while in the cult. This phenomenon. called "floating" can occur in almost any situation that the cult considers evil or threatening: examples include situations that call for independent decision-making, critical reasoning or the handling of everyday stresses and impulses such as anger or sexual desire. In clinical practice, former cultists have been known to enter into a trance (float) when faced with making relatively uncomplicated decisions or when faced with a need to assert themselves in everyday situations. Clark is convinced that prolonged trance states can sometimes result in long-lasting or even permanent impairment of thinking abilities, critical judgment, and/or emotional responsiveness and range. Psychologist Margaret Singer (1979) and therapists William and Lorna Goldberg (1982) have also documented long-term psychological damage caused by prolonged trance-states. Others have reported physiological changes such as a decreased facial hair growth in men and cessation of menstruation in women (Clark 1979).

Informed Consent, Manipulation, and the Validity of Spiritual Experience

When an individual signs up for an est seminar or a Unification Church leadership retreat, what does that person need, want, and expect? To what degree does that person give informed consent (i.e. permission with reasonably complete understanding of what he or she is getting into) when agreeing to attend a cult activity? The medical and psychological professions have been seriously grappling with the issue of informed consent for years now ; the result has been an evolving written set of guidelines mandating that the health professional provide the consumer with information that details both the expected advantages and the possible adverse effect of a given procedure.

What people "want" or "need" is always open to much interpretation. Needs and wants can also be influenced to a significant degree. Self-awareness and spirituality have become consumer goods on an open personal transformation marketplace complete with multimillion dollar packaging and advertising campaigns. Relatively basic needs such as the need for love and intimacy can be reinterpreted and intellectualized into abstract and metaphorical needs; the "lonely" person becomes the "spiritual seeker" in search of "true meaning in life," "self- actualization" or a "sense of oneness with the cosmos." With cults and mass therapies, the question of informed consent becomes a more difficult one to answer than it first seems. Considerable caution on the part of those groups offering "enlightenment" seems indicated.

To some degree the American public has become so enamored with quickly finding "the answer" and achieving "the goal" that the search for personal meaning has become devalued. Thus, in asking for instant awareness, we to some degree relinquish our ability to give informed consent. It does not seem possible to gain "instant awareness" or "instant spiritual experience" without being manipulated. Moreover, there seems to be a positive correlation between the amount of manipulation and covert hypnosis and the degree of perceived "satisfaction;" the more some people are pressured and influenced the "deeper" their insight or the more "intense" their spiritual experience.

The validity of spiritual experience is even more difficult to judge than the validity of psychological insights. Spiritual experiences can be secularly produced rather than divinely inspired. especially with the aid of a willing subject and a reasonably facile natural or trained "hypnotist." Former charismatic fundamentalist preacher, Marjoe Gortner demonstrated this fact quite well; he "saved" thousands using calculated and decidedly secular manipulative tactics (Kernochan & Smith, 1972). There are several well-documented instances of "UFO visits" that have been proven to be the products of hypnotically-enhanced imaginations (Klass, 1981). There is now a heated debate within experimental/forensic hypnosis as to whether or not hypnosis produces enhanced fantasizing and firmly believed but possibly distorted memories (Hilgard, 1981) Sensations, visions, memories, insights, and emotions experienced in hypnosis are typically more vivid and detailed than when experienced or thought about in the waking state and hence they are often felt by the subject to be especially valid -- independent of whether or not these experiences are indeed valid. True spiritual experiences may occur. However, since spiritual experiences cannot usually be objectively validated (we cannot ask God for His written opinion). they're especially prone to "emotional" validation (i.e. "it's true if it feels true" ). It is just this sense -- the feeling that an experience is "true" -- that can be so easily manipulated in the state of heightened suggestibility known as hypnosis. Manipulated pseudo spiritual experiences may be the rule in cults.

DiscussionYears of research have given plausibility to the claim that there is a technology of systematic, rapid and radical attitude/behavior/personality change and control ( mind control ); these thought reform techniques seem to work best when the subject are either motivated to cooperate or manipulated into believing they have some degree of free choice. (Cunningham, l984) Hypnosis is a powerful tool. In thought reform it seems to be most effective when used in disguised and/or nontraditional forms.

Many cults appear to systematically and unethically employ consciousness-altering techniques and rituals in their efforts to manufacture spiritual experiences, increase suggestibility, maintain long-term dissociative states and reinforce mystical thinking. In cults, "trance can become a conditioned [behavior/personality] pattern ... a way of calming disturbing thoughts and censoring the mind ... trance cuts off the input of sensory information." (Appel, 1983. p. 133) Clark (1979) summarizes the power of prolonged use of cult-induced hypnosis and self-hypnosis: "It becomes an independent structure ... [the] basic controls of the central nervous system seem to have been altered (p. 210).

Conclusions Any organized attempt to influence human behavior and experience should follow basic guidelines designed to protect the worth and dignity of the individual; the needs wishes and interests of the client should always be the primary focus of these relationships. These concepts are central to ethics codes in the social services and sciences (cf. American Psychological Association, 1983; American Association for Counseling and Development, 1982). Hypnotists are also reminded that "the desires of the subject shall always be respected" and that suggestions should only be employed to meet the needs of subjects and maintain their right to make their own decisions (Association to Advance Ethical Hypnosis, 1978).

The question, of course, is who defines what is in an individuals interest or "welfare." When a person is bleeding profusely from a deep cut, it is easy to see what is in the person's best interest; it becomes considerably more difficult to decide such matters when dealing with something as nebulous as person's "soul" or "spirituality." When someone other than a client him/herself makes that judgment, that person should be very hesitant to act on that judgment, especially without obtaining informed consent. This caution should be taken even more seriously when considering the use of very powerful techniques for altering awareness. We need to remember who pays the price when judgments, no matter how well-intentioned turn out to be wrong. Physicians, psychotherapists and hypnotists are or should be held responsible when theymisuse hypnosis. One wonders if cult and mass therapies should be any lessaccountable.
References
American Association for Counseling and Development (1982) Code of ethics. Board for Certified Counselors.
American Psychological Association (1983). Ethical principles of psychologists in Pennsylvania Psychological Association 1983-84. Directory and handbook. Pittsburgh, PA: Horizon Press, 34-44
Appel, W. (1983). Cults in America: Programmed for paradise. New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston.
Arons, H. (1981) New master course in hypnotism. S. Orange, NJ: Power Publishers
Association to Advance Ethical Hypnosis (1978) Code of ethics and standards of the Association to Advance Ethical Hypnosis. Constitution and by-laws [as amended 0ctober 1978], 10-14
Bandler, R. & Grinder, J. (1975) Patterns of the hypnotic techniques of Milton Erickson, M..D. (Volume 1). Cupertino, CA: Meta Publications
Barabasz, A. (1984, January 4). Enhancing hypnotic response with isolation. Harvard Medical Area Focus.
Bromley, D. & Shupe, A.. (198l) Strange gods: The great American cult scare. Boston: Beacon.
Clark, J. Cults (1979) Journal of the American Medical Association, 242, 279-281.
Clark, J. & Langone, M. (1983) New religions and public policy: Research Implications for social and behavioral scientists. Bonita Springs, FL: American Family Foundation.
Clark, J. & Langone, M., Schecter, R. & Daly, R. (1981). Destructive cult conversion: Theory, research and treatment. Bonita Springs, FL: American Family Foundation.
Conway, F. & Siegelman, J. (1978). Snapping: America's epidemic of sudden personality change. New York: Lippincott.
Cunningham, S. (1984, October). Zimbardo: Coming close to 1984. APA Monitor, [Interview with Dr. Philip Zimbardo], p.16.
Dubrow Eichel, S., Dubrow Eichel, L., & Eisenberg, R. Mental health interventions in cult-related cases: A preliminary investigation of outcomes. Cultic Studies Journal.
Goldberg, L. & Goldberg, W. (1982. Group work with former cultists. Social Work, 27, 165-170.
Hilgard, E. (1981). Hypnosis gives rise to fantasy and is not a truth serum. Skeptical Inquirer, 5, 25-33
Kernochan, S. & Smith, H. (Directors). (1972. Marjoe [film]
Klass, P. (1981). Hypnosis and UFO abductions. Skeptical Inquirer 5, 16-24
Lifton, R. (1961). Thought reform and the psychology of totalism. New York: Norton.
Royal College of Surgeons. (1982). In J. Randi, Flim Flam! Buffalo, NY: Prometheus Books
Rudin, A. & Rudin, M. (1982) Prison or paradise? The new religious cults. Philadelphia: Fortress
Shor, R. (1969). Hypnosis and the concept of the generalized reality-orientation. In C. Tart (Ed.), Altered states of consciousness. New York: Wiley.
Singer, M. (1979, January). Coming out of the cults. Psychology Today, 72-82.
Wallis, R. (1976). "Poor man's psychoanalysis?": Observations on dianetics. The Zeletic, 1. 9-24 Steve Eichel and Linda Dubrow-Marshall.

mockingbird

Here is a short video that has some good information on hypnosis and some unsupported claims. I have looked at a lot of the information in the video and some involves actual studies and experiments with evidence that was examined. Some are statements hypnotists have made to frame hypnosis as harmless or not responsible for negative outcomes.

Ammo Alamo

I hope I am no longer the naïve person I once was and I'm certainly not trying to suggest that hubbard wouldn't have used anything available to him to achieve what he wanted, I think we all know that he would have done ... I can't recall who started pushing the theory that he used (and therefore still uses) hypnotism in scientology (I think it may have been Arnie) but it seemed to me that it was being pushed as some kind of explanation/justification for being caught in the cult in the first place ... Mockingbird apparently agreed and now keeps trying to place it firmly back into ESMB archives along with as much overthinking and 'evidence' as he can drag up.
I appreciate some of the work Mockingbird had done at his website, but this lengthy thesis he is promoting is not something I could read, not here anyway. I believe the TRs have built in indoctrination, call it repetition, call it hypnosis if you will, though I think Hubbard called it "reverie". Just like one of those performances by a stage hypnotist, the only people who can clearly see the hypnosis happening are the people in the audience who are not affected.

I recall one day in an English class about 1982. One class, out of however many clases constitute a semester. Yet I see die-hards performing almost exactly like they were taught in the TRs, except they are doing it twenty, thirty, forty years later, day in and day out. Something happened to them to make them continue the same near-abnormal behavior for so many years. I call it indoctrination for lack of a better term, though I've no doubt some form of reverie or light hypnotism or boot camp obedience is involved.

By the time all the comments and replies to this are in there will be even less consensus about Hubbard's use of hypnosis than before the thread started. Therefore, I will let this great Mark Twain quote wrap it up for me:

Mark Twain quote.png

mockingbird

Farewell To The Ex Scientologist Message Board - ESMB

I left Scientology about five years, in 2014 after being in for about twenty-five years. I got a lot of help from a lot of people and would honestly have trouble mentioning all of them.

Jon Atack, Arnie Lerma, Tony Ortega, Tory Christman and Chris Shelton each provided help in one way or another and I communicated with each of them several times over the years and a couple of them in Jon Atack and Arnie Lerma dozens of not hundreds of times. Their help was a gift freely given and truly invaluable to me personally.

I know the Ex Scientologist Message Board is shutting down as far as receiving new content in the next few days. I want to acknowledge that the people there have provided a tremendous amount of help to me as well. Some are well known in their own right but many are less famous than the first five people I mentioned. I want to say that to list all the people who have helped and encouraged me at ESMB would take hours and hours of digging through threads,
messages and notifications. Rather than doing that I want to just thank them as a group here.
I have written dozens of posts and comments at ESMB and as many people here know started my own blog Mockingbird's Nest blog on Scientology with over three hundred posts there as well.

I want to make it available and to make finding particular posts easier so I have a chronological archive available.

https://mbnest.blogspot.com/2019/04/blog-archive.html

Blog Archive

BLOG ARCHIVE
▼ 2015 (182)▼ January (11)Taking On A Giant
Insidious Enslavement : Study Technology
Basic Introduction to Hypnosis in Scientology
Pissed It's Not Your Fault !!!
The Offensive Defensive Technique
The Critical Factor
The Secret Of Scientology Part 1 Control Via Cont...
The Secret Of Scientology Part 2 : The Adamantium...
A Brief Rhetorical Analysis Of Keeping Scientology...
The Secret Of Scientology Part 3 : Why Are Sciento...
Operation Endgame
▼ February (12)The Sour Knight
Recognizing And Recovering From Narcissists , Soci...
The Empty Well
Burning Down Hell - How Commands Are Hidden , Vari...
ARC And KRC
Why Hubbard Never Claimed OT Feats And The Rock Bo...
CREDIBILITY - The Reddest Of Herrings.
On Exes Letting Go At Differing Rates
A Million Years In Hell
The Clear Contradiction
David Micavige Murderer
Fifty Shades Of Hubbard - The Affirmations Dating ...
▼ March (25)Gibs Great Find - Rhetoric
Heaven From Hell
The Neuroscience Of How Personal Attacks Shut Down...
Recovery Beginnings
Ad Hominem :Fallacy File # 1
Coerced Colaboration
NLP...Cult ?
Cthulhu And A Puppy
Rhetoric In Scientology- A Few Brief Examples
Freeing The Mind To Doubt
Why Boredom Is A Barrier To Study Phenomena
Exteriorization Versus Dissociation
Lermanet.com's Great Finds Regarding Scientology
Scholars On Scientology
Recovery Beginnings
I Am Wrong And You Can Be Too !!!
OT VIII Anti Christ Version
Re: What Does "Workable" Mean ?
OT III And Beyond: Sources Plagiarized From Part ...
The Golden Age Of Castrations !!!
Propaganda By Reversal Of Meaning In Scientology
Cult Responds To Going Clear With Online Ads
Hubbard And Hitler
▼ April (12)Revisiting The C Word
Cult Of Scientology Malfeasance!
The Call For Compassion
Avoiding Piling On
The Day The Cult Died !!!!
Marty's Excalibur
Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Scientology Beliefs
Why Revoke Scientology's Tax Exempt Status - The R...
New " On The Down Low " Rundown Released For All ...
Honesty Without Compassion
A Psychiatric View With Comments On The Admissions...
Humbling Simplicity
▼ May (13)Scientology's Parallel In Nature - Malignant Narci...
The Unbreakable Miss Lovely - A Phenomenal And Ou...
Big Words...And Stuff
David Miscavige Pioneering Elder Care In The Scien...
Scientology 180 Degrees From The Truth
Money Hungry Scientologists
OT VIII Delusion Fulfilled
Scientology's Dirtbag Lawyers
Bottled Up Dissonance Expressed Through Projection...
Putting Scientology in Perspective
Hubbard's Legacy of Double Think
The Dilemma Of The False Self
My Endless Fascination and Wonder
▼ June (18)Implausible Denial
Miscavige And Hubbard : Contrasting Evils
An Open Letter To Leah Remini
Scientologists Equating Scientology To Jews And Cr...
Why So Many Semicolons In Science Of Survival ?
Sunk Cost - Crushing Gravity Of Scientology
Questions About Scientology Part 1
No Guru Or Enlightenment Here
How To Keep Scientologsists Away In Person !
Ron Hubbard's Narcissistic Traits
Dr. Robert J. Lifton's Criteria For Thought Reform...
OT VIII Delusion Fulfilled part 2
Good Cult Victims And Evil Cult Villains
Scientology And Margaret Singer's Six Conditions F...
Why We follow Decisive Leaders
Hypnotism : Science Or Pseudoscience ? Not So fast...
Boundaries , Bashing and Disorders
The Thousand Deaths
▼ July (3)List Of Cult Characteristics From Cults Inside Out...
Having Your Own Ideas In Scientology
First 100 Posts At Mockingbird's Nest
▼ August (36)The Incomprehensibility Of Scientology Part 1: Def...
The Error Necessary To Cult Recruitment
Sociopaths Traits from The Sociopath Next Door
Reclaiming Your Life From A Cluster B
Pathological Lying: A Psychopathic Manipulation To...
George Orwell: Two Essential Short Articles For Ev...
Signs And Traits Of Narcissists, Crazymakers, Emot...
A Painful Incredulity: Psychopathy And Cognitive D...
Scientologists: Was LRH Stupid
Scientology Logic™
UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
PROPAGANDA: WHO'S PLAYING WITH YOUR MIND?
Cornerstones of Critical Thinking 6 Propaganda: 7...
Scientology Trolls Again
Scientologists: Masters Of "Doublethink"
Scientologists: Have You Been Scammed?
Scientology Doublethink Again
A Scientologist’s Golden Age Of Integrity Drills
The Church Of Scientology Cries "Religious Persecu...
The "Science" In Scientology
Scientology And Freedom Of Religion
Conversation With A Scientologist
Scientology's Logical Fallacies
The Church Of Scientology Accidentally Tells The T...
Scientology Logic
The Scientology E-Meter
More On The Scientology E-Meter
Why Doesn’t Scientology Publish Good News About It...
Message To Nation Of Islam Members About Scientolo...
The "Not Me" Myth: Orwell and the Mind
Scientologists: Can You Remove The "Cult" From Sci...
"Real, live OTs!"
What Annoys Me Most About Scientologists
How LRH Destroys Scientologists’ Ability To Think
Scientology And The Universal Declaration Of Human...
There Is No Irony In Scientology
▼ September (18)Cults In Our Midst Part 1
A Brief Layout Of Scientology
The OT Perspective - To Be A God
How To Talk To A Scientologist
The Scientology "Soft Landing Place"
Scientology Has Failed
Scientology The Cult of Poverty
Xenu Who ?
Pulling Back The Curtain Part 1- Repetition And Va...
Pulling Back The Curtain Part 2- Deception By Dist...
Pulling Back The Curtain Part 3 Self Influence And...
Pulling Back The Curtain Part 4 Ethos And Obedienc...
Pulling Back The Curtain Part 5 Fear Appeals
Pulling Back The Curtain Part 6 The Granfalloon Te...
Pulling Back The Curtain Part 7 How To Become A Cu...
Exiting The Echo Chamber
Scientology's Influence Part 1 Contrast, Concessio...
Ron Hubbard's Twisted Mind Part 1 Pathological Lyi...
▼ October (15)Ambassadors Of Misinformation
Enduring The Unendurable
What Is Scientology ?
Trolls Are Fucking Assholes
Scientology Building The Prison Of The Mind Part 1...
Scientology Building The Prison Of The Mind Part 2...
Scientology Building The Prison Of The Mind Part 3...
A Scientology Experience Part 1 Basic Beliefs
Why Lying And Murder Are Justified In Scientology ...
Scientology Building The Prison Of The Mind Part 4...
Scientology Building The Prison Of The Mind Part 5...
Scientology Building The Prison Of the Mind Part 6...
What Scientologists Below The OT Levels Learn
Scientology Building The Prison Of The Mind Part 7...
▼ November (12)Scientology Building The Prison Of The Mind Part 8...
Scientology Critics - Want To Win ?
Scientology Building The Prison Of The Mind Part 9...
Scientological Thinking
Mass Murder In Scientology: Standard Tech
Unraveling Scientology - A Missing Vital Ingredie...
Ideologies And Critical Thinking
Withdrawal Of The Horizon
Orders Of Magnitude Part 1
Two Years Out Of The Scientology Cult
▼ December (7)Loving A Lie
Two Roads
The Lone Witness
Defending Delusion
OT IX And X
Mockingbird's Greatest Hits
Mockingbird's Greatest Hits 2
▼ 2016 (92)▼ January (11)Fox News
Fox News Echoes GOP's Misleading Definition Of Wel...
STATISTICAL EVIDENCE OF CULT BRAINWASHING BEING US...
Racist Remarks
Unfortunate Inevitability - To Tolerate The Intole...
From Science-fiction to Fiction-science
A Guide To Mockingbird's Nest (So Far)
Scientology Mind Control Index
Rhetoric In Scientology
Cognitive Dissonance Theory In Scientology
Second Lives Of Cult Critics
▼ February (7)The Missing Foundations of Scientology
Scientologists: What, exactly, “works”?
The Weight Is Gone
Scientology And The "Gays"
Ron Hubbard On Psychology
Starving The Beast
Love And Admiration In Scientology
▼ March (5)Those Who Follow Part 1
After The Cult Part 1 Scientology Acceptance And D...
Alternatives To Scientology Part 1 Intelligent Dis...
Understanding The Language Of Narcissistic Abuse I...
Twenty Things Judges Have Said About Scientology
▼ April (11)Roots And Chains
Scientology's Disconnection
Disconnection - Undeniable Scientology Doctrine An...
Taking A BITE Out Of Scientology Part 5 Emotional ...
Taking A BITE Out Of Scientology Part 4 Thought Co...
Taking A BITE Out Of Scientology Part 3 Informatio...
Taking A BITE Out Of Scientology Part 2 Behavior C...
Taking A BITE Out Of Scientology Part 1 The BITE M...
Taking A BITE Out Of Scientology An Introduction A...
Scientific Method - Sort Of , Defining Terms Part ...
▼ May (20)Silence Is Consent
Brainwashing: Standard Tech In Scientology
Worker's Paradise
Dan Sherman's Hypnotic Writing Style
Hubbard Hypnotist Part One: Now And You
Hubbard Hypnotist Part 2: SHSBC Saint Hill Special...
The Anderson Report - Scientology and Hypnosis Rep...
"Never believe a hypnotist"
A Million Miles Away From Scientology
Crimes That Never Were
Hubbard's Con Dissected Part 1 PDC Tape 1 OPENING ...
Possible origins for Dianetics and Scientology
Hana Eltringham Whitfield talk
Understanding Dissociation
Building Resistance: Tactics for Counteracting Man...
Traumatic Abuse in Cults: An Exploration of an Unf...
Narcissistic Leaders and their Manipulation in Gro...
Denial and Other Common Narcissistic Defenses
Inception Of Self Deception
Scientology's Civil War
▼ August (7)Why Bother Dissecting Scientology ? 2
Affirmations as Conversation Enders
My Take on the Scientology E Meter
Scientology Study Technology - 1 Hubbard's Words
Scientology Study Technology - 1 Hubbard's Words
Scientology Mythbusting - Revelations
Understanding Scientology - The Light Of Reason
▼ September (13)Getting Away From Scientology Alive - Not Everyone...
Multiple Methods in Scientology
Scientology - Predictable Legal Strategy
The Fog of the Mind
Fool's Gold
Turning Scientologese and Turning Back
The Light of the Mind - Scientology Casts A Dark S...
Dissecting Scientology - Shadows and Light
An Inconvenient Truth
Cults and Cons re Scientology and Critics of Scien...
Chris Shelton and Marty Rathbun - Critical Thinker...
Scientology David Miscavige's Massive Shrinkage Pr...
Marty Rathbun - Later Day Ron Hubbard ?
▼ October (5)Scientology Damnation in the Details
Devil's Advocate - Scientology Watchers - Horny Ho...
Scientology's Kryptonite
Scientology's Kryptonite 2 The Fallacies of Scient...
Compilation On Abuse and Attitudes for Ex Scientol...
▼ November (9)Scientology's Kryptonite 3 Errors In Reason
The Cult of Trump part 1 What's a Cult, Really ?
The Cult of Trump Part 2 Who Owes Whom What ?
The Cult of Trump Part 3 Thought Reform
The Cult of Trump 4 Reason and Resistance
The Cult of Trump 5 Most Likely Scenario
The Cult of Trump part 6 The Con
The Cult of Trump part 7 Godwin's Flaw
The Cult of Trump part 8 Godwin's Flaw 2
▼ December (4)The Cult of Trump posts 1 - 8
The Power Of Leah Remini
Scientology Was Ron Hubbard's Private Game
Unlocking The Scientology Prison Of The Mind Part ...
▼ 2017 (40)▼ January (4)Traumatic Narcissism: part 1 Scientology and Hubba...
Traumatic Narcissism part 2: The Relationships in ...
A HELPFUL GUIDE FOR INTERPRETING THE LANGUAGE OF F...
Trump American Fascist 1 Fascism Really ?
▼ February (1)Defeating Trump - Operation Snowflake
▼ March (1)The Ten Stages of Genocide
▼ June (4)Scientology's Judas - Marty Rathbun
Scientology's Persistent Myths 1 - Hubbard's Belie...
Scientology's Persistent Myths 2 - Scientology Ca...
Scientology's Persistent Myths 3 - Sarge's E meter...
▼ July (7)Scientology's "Acceptable Truth" on "Messiah" Ron ...
Scientology's Secrets - 1 The Self Is Not The Othe...
Scientology a Cult by Design
Jon Atack and Marty Rathbun - The Critical Differe...
Marty Rathbun's Mission - Scientology's Useful Id...
Getting Into And Out Of Scientology part 1
As The Rathbun Turns
▼ September (7)Scientology - Enlightened Gurus And Gullible Dupes...
Essential Scientology Information
Scientology Viewed Through The BITE model by Steve...
Scientology And Cognitive Dissonance Theory
Scientology And The Age Of Propaganda
Rhetoric In Scientology
▼ October (1)SECRET PARIAH - Scientologists Among Us
▼ November (14)The Lies That Bind
Alternatives To Scientology - Subliminal In Full p...
Alternatives To Scientology - 1
Alternatives To Scientology 2 Subliminal 1
Alternatives To Scientology 3 Subliminal 2
Alternatives To Scientology 4 Subliminal 3
Alternatives To Scientology 5 Subliminal 4
Alternatives To Scientology 6 Subliminal 5
Alternatives To Scientology 7 Subliminal 6
Alternatives To Scientology 8 Subliminal 7
Alternatives To Scientology 9 Subliminal 8
Alternatives To Scientology 10 Subliminal 9
Alternatives To Scientology 11 Subliminal 10
Why Should Alternatives To Scientology Exist ?
▼ December (1)Ignorance Enthusiasts
▼ 2018 (23)▼ January (3)Scientology Racism - Can The Cult Deny It ?
Suggested Reading Scientology RACISM
Scientology Antisemitism "Jewish Bankers" conspira...
▼ February (1)Escaping Scientology - Overcoming Crushing Certain...
▼ March (1)Scientologists, ex Scientologists and Watchers - S...
▼ April (3)Levers and Lifeblood
Scientology's Secret To Overcoming Criticism
Origins of Deception In Scientology
▼ May (9)Cornerstones of Critical Thinking 2 Logical Fallac...
Cornerstones of Critical Thinking 1 Looking at Bot...
Cornerstones of Critical Thinking 3 Paul-Elder Cr...
Cornerstones of Critical Thinking 4 Being a Pain i...
Cornerstones of Critical Thinking 6 Propaganda: 7 ...
Cornerstones of Critical Thinking 5 Show The Work
Cornerstones of Critical Thinking 7 Rhetoric and S...
Cornerstones of Critical Thinking 8 We Learn Toget...
Cornerstones of Critical Thinking 1 - 8 Introducti...
▼ June (4)Scientology versus Critical Thinking - Extreme Con...
Why Are Scientologists So Immature ?
Lessons From Leaving Scientology -The First Lesson...
The Poisoned Heart
▼ August (1)Why Scientologists Are So Close Minded and Certain...
▼ September (1)Cults, Narcissism and Digging Deeper
▼ 2019 (26)▼ January (15)How Cults Work 1 - A New Look
How Cults Work 2 - First Things First
How Cults Work 3 - Totalist Group Structure
How Cults Work 4 - The Brainwashing Process and O...
How Cults Work 5 - Attachment Theory
How Cults Work 6 - Forms Of Attachment
How Cults Work 7 - Disorganized Attachment and Dis...
Scientology's fight for apartheid The secret histo...
Scientology Racism can the Church Deny It ? Again
Scientology and Responsibility
How Cults Work 8 - Recruitment
How Cults Work 9 - Undue Influence In Recruitment
How Cults Work 10 - Totalist Indoctrination
Understanding Cults and Cult Watchers
How Cults Work 11 - Fright Without Solution
▼ February (2)Confirmation Bias - Can Versus Must
Scientology Assists and Objectives as Hypnosis
▼ March (4)Hidden Abuse in Scientology
Moving on from Scientology
Free Will and the Infinite Regress of Naive Realis...
Scientology Propaganda - STAND League
▼ April (5)
Jon Atack - Scientology Expert
Self Sabotage in Scientology
Scientology: Plan For World Peace
My Road Out of Scientology
Getting Into and Getting Out of Scientology - The ...

Scientology, Ron Hubbard and Hypnosis 1: Hypnosis ...
Scientology, Ron Hubbard and Hypnosis 2: Hubbard's...
Scientology, Ron Hubbard and Hypnosis 3 - Hubbard'...
Scientology -The Evidence - What Convinces Sciento...
▼ May (1)The Overboard Ceremony
▼ June (4)The Solipsistic Reality of Donald Trump
How to Debunk the "Liberal Media" Myth
Criminal timeline of Scientology
Scientology Criminal Conviction of Members
► July (8)
▼ August (1)The Scientology Tone Scale as Ron Hubbard's Game

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
@mockingbird I've deleted all your spam on all your threads. The world doesn't need the same post from you over every thread you ever started. I'll leave this one here on one thread.

You've just caused me a heap of work to delete all your posts. If you continue I'll delete you altogether.