What's new

Scientology Santa Barbara closes it's doors...

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I checked the photos. I wonder what the WHY of this very professional looking failed org is.

Oh yeah, it's because the MEST is not upstat enough and "Ideal", so wogs refused to do services there.

It's an extraordinarily great location, near major retail foot traffic. A $4.8M building right next to the Pacific Ocean in one of the most affluent per capita cities in the world.

I guess Wogs don't want to go free in such a downstat location. They are waiting for a $10M building with different desks and Ideal staff members in those snappy upstat black and brown ties. That'll bring 'em in by the droves!!

HelluvaHoax!

So is there another Santa Barbara Org? Or is this the one and only.

Anybody know?

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
An org closes its doors for the last time.:happydance:

Expect more soon.:yes:

Many, many more. :woohoo:

The Runt Usurper has to either use "His" money to keep them open or let them go to the wall:bigcry:

Dead cult IS dead.:party:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
...So is there another Santa Barbara Org? Or is this the one and only.

The only one.

Entity Name: CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF SANTA BARBARA
Entity Number: C1919141
Date Filed: 12/23/1994
Jurisdiction: CALIFORNIA
Entity Address: 524 STATE STREET
Entity City, State, Zip: SANTA BARBARA CA 93101
Agent for Service of Process: LORIN JETER
Agent Address: 524 STATE ST
Agent City, State, Zip: SANTA BARBARA CA 93101

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/l/lorin-jeter-burton.html

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/t/tom-&-lorin-burton.html

http://www.lead411.com/Tom_Burton_8357797.html

Leland

Crusader
The only one.

Entity Name: CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF SANTA BARBARA
Entity Number: C1919141
Date Filed: 12/23/1994
Jurisdiction: CALIFORNIA
Entity Address: 524 STATE STREET
Entity City, State, Zip: SANTA BARBARA CA 93101
Agent for Service of Process: LORIN JETER
Agent Address: 524 STATE ST
Agent City, State, Zip: SANTA BARBARA CA 93101

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/l/lorin-jeter-burton.html

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/t/tom-&-lorin-burton.html

http://www.lead411.com/Tom_Burton_8357797.html

Curious Smurf what web site this is that gives agent for service of process info?

Thanks

HelluvaHoax!

So let's review

Most upstat Scientology country in the world. USA

Most upstat Scientology state in the country. California

One of the most upstat elite cities in California. Santa Barbara.

One of the best locations in Santa Barbara. By the ocean, on main street.

One of the nicest modest-sized buildings in the area. $4.8M "mest" value.

Tons of OTs moved to Santa Barbara when they "made it". OT and wealthy.

But the org cannot survive there.

It had literally EVERYTHING going for it.

But.....fail.

This is surely a Sign of the Acultalypse.

Sing Along with Sinatra (tune of NY NY): "If I can't make it there, I can't make it any-where...."

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
If you donated money I suppose when they sell the building you will get a refund.:lol: after all that would be the ethical thing to do.

If you click on the facebook link above it has 23 "likes", probably an over estimation.

You would think that all these dedicated Scientologists would go to all the other scientology facebook pages and "like" them, but even they know it is not good to have people know you are a Scientologist.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
If you donated money I suppose when they sell the building you will get a refund.:lol: after all that would be the ethical thing to do.

If you click on the facebook link above it has 23 "likes", probably an over estimation.

You would think that all these dedicated Scientologists would go to all the other scientology facebook pages and "like" them, but even they know it is not good to have people know you are a Scientologist.

Don't be reasonable! I bet you gave yourself that name so somebody would say that to you.... :biggrin:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I checked the photos. I wonder what the WHY of this very professional looking failed org is.

Oh yeah, it's because the MEST is not upstat enough and "Ideal", so wogs refused to do services there.

It's an extraordinarily great location, near major retail foot traffic. A $4.8M building right next to the Pacific Ocean in one of the most affluent per capita cities in the world.

I guess Wogs don't want to go free in such a downstat location. They are waiting for a $10M building with different desks and Ideal staff members in those snappy upstat black and brown ties. That'll bring 'em in by the droves!!

The things that turned people off about orgs was not the poshness of the place, but its overall upkeep:
Were the floors and carpets clean?
Were the wastebaskets emptied out?
Were the restrooms clean, and did they have toilet paper and paper towels?

As long as you handled these basics, public were OK with it.

A fancy building, though, with no toilet paper and not kept clean, OTOH, just screamed "WTF?" to people.

HelluvaHoax!

The things that turned people off about orgs was not the poshness of the place, but its overall upkeep:
Were the floors and carpets clean?
Were the wastebaskets emptied out?
Were the restrooms clean, and did they have toilet paper and paper towels?

As long as you handled these basics, public were OK with it.

A fancy building, though, with no toilet paper and not kept clean, OTOH, just screamed "WTF?" to people.

HellYeah.

Honestly, if the tech actually worked, missions and orgs could deliver auditing in rented porta-potties and there would be lines of people stretching for miles--just waiting for a chance to pay for auditing and get on the pc waiting list.

porta_potties_sfw.jpg

Seriously.​

Lone Star

Crusader
An org closes its doors for the last time.:happydance:

Expect more soon.:yes:

Many, many more. :woohoo:

The Runt Usurper has to either use "His" money to keep them open or let them go to the wall:bigcry:

Dead cult IS dead.:party:

Oh not so!! This doesn't change the "fact" that stats are going up 1000X!! In fact closing this org proves it!!* :yes:

:lol::lol::lol:

* Slappy rules of logic

EDIT: There's some evidence that an OT accidentally 'as-ised' this org. Oooooops! But that just shows you how powerful OTs are!!!

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

You are obviously a graduate of the Data Series Evaluators Course.
Only a Hubbard trained evaluator could detect ​the real why. LOL.

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
Whose head goes on a pike for this closure? Per some policy letter I forget the name and date of, it is a Suppressive Act to close an org. Ask Stan Dubin, who was declared for combining Day and Foundation orgs at FCDC.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
well the FB page they refer to themselves as an "org" not a mission and, unless DM has become much friendlier to Missions than he used to be, I doubt that any mission would dare refer to itself as an org.

That all being said - is it possible they have moved?