What's new

Scientology Santa Barbara closes it's doors...

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
You are obviously a graduate of the Data Series Evaluators Course.
Only a Hubbard trained evaluator could detect ​the real why. LOL.

:hysterical:

Yeah, I actually did do that course (seriously). And, after doing an eval on Scientology I only came up with one (1) outpoint.

Scientology is a major departure from the Ideal Scene.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Didn't Mike Rinder put out a flyer that showed the Santa Barbara people, and mentioned the Idle Org coming there???? I think the bldg is being sold, and another is in the works, already, or will be soon. Just a guess. :omg: But I can HOPE is is defunct. :whistling:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Isn't Santa Barbara where Travolta got into Scn? Pretty sure that is a fact.....

Yes, but I thought he got in at Celebrity Center. I remember hearing that he later lived in Santa Barbara and they were using him to get new 'upstat' people into the org. That he was very involved at the start, that it was an org, not a mission.

Wasn't it the first org to go St Hill size back in the 80's? I remember hearing that.

AnonyMary

I remember that Travolta was the big draw that helped the org get to St Hill size....

But I can see why Travolta is not hanging out in Santa Barbara county much these days....

Longtime former pilot of Travolta spilled beans, gets threatened by Travolta, then sues him for the threats

[video=youtube_share;Nhj3e6cjL-s]http://youtu.be/Nhj3e6cjL-s[/video]

Superior Court of the County of Santa Barbara
Civil-SB: Douglas Gotterba vs John Travolta et al
File Date Case # Party Name
11/21/2012 1414528 Defendant: Alto Inc
11/21/2012 1414528 Defendant: Constellation Production Inc
11/21/2012 1414528 Defendant: Constellation Productions Inc
11/21/2012 1414528 Defendant: John Travolta
11/21/2012 1414528 Plaintiff: Douglas Gotterba

Case is still ongoing

HEARING DATE/TIME CASE# CAPTION JUDICIAL
OFFICER DEPT HEARING CASE TYPE

08/29/2014:8:30 am 1414528 Douglas Gotterba vs John Travolta et al Donna D Geck SB4 1) Case Management Conference Civil-SB

Anonycat

Crusader
I was just checking to see where the closest cult bunker is, and I saw that it is listed in Ventura, about a 45 minute drive south.

It's at 180 N. Ashwood in Ventura, which looks like an office building. Nope, that's where it was.
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.276...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sqE6xkc2hhkyKHaNIHBSPaA!2e0

This is their present location and, this building is for sale: 3295 Telegraph Rd, Ventura, CA 93003
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.272...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sudmteqzZczvg11KTz2UevA!2e0
http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/16529877/3295-Telegraph-Road-Ventura-CA/

Description

PRICED TO SELL AT $157 PSF FOR CLASS B OFFICE BUILDING!
This 2 story office building is located in Midtown Ventura and has high identity facing Pacific View Mall. Formally Bob Hope Insurance offices, it has good office lay out and private parking. Priced Reduced, Motivated Seller

Located west of the busy intersection of Mills & Telegraph Road. Mills Road has a number of banks and The Pacific View Mall. The office location has many amenties close to the 101 Freeway, and restuarunts. [Ed: Rest-a-Runts? Freudian slip?]

Bye, Scientology!

meekodev

Anonymous Raccoon
Here's their phone #:

Phone: 805-963-8931

Maybe someone could give them a call....
Good luck on getting anyone to answer. This musty old Org is usually empty. (been protesting here since the second anon worldwide protest and I still thought it was a mission)

Once I actually found it open and entered as an interested person. They didn't even understand my basic request for The Way to Happiness and kept handing me a copy of their anti psych pamphlet. I had to grab my copy of WTH on the sly. These people really are low level flunkies.

The area is prime real estate as is all of lower State Street. It gets a lot of tourist foot traffic, perfect for a store not a church. Everyone sees it, snickers, and walks on to the next store. This block does have some of the worst homeless issues sadly. There are altercations on nearly a daily basis. Our police/homeless liaison spends quite a bit of time here. A thankless job.

This dank,dark and musty org is so empty I leave chalk markings instead of protesting often. This is because often it will remain several days until a staff sees it.

Also, I don't leave defamatory messages, a candle for Lisa or simply "Rinder blew, so can you" suffices and reaches the staff as well as tourists. My next message will be " Do you know where your money went?" with a link to Tony's blog about taxes.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Yes, but I thought he got in at Celebrity Center. I remember hearing that he later lived in Santa Barbara and they were using him to get new 'upstat' people into the org. That he was very involved at the start, that it was an org, not a mission.

Wasn't it the first org to go St Hill size back in the 80's? I remember hearing that.

I am 99% sure that was where he started, then went to CC later. Not sure if it was Santa Barbara Org or mission.

meekodev

Anonymous Raccoon
I am 99% sure that was where he started, then went to CC later. Not sure if it was Santa Barbara Org or mission.
He received some services years ago here. This was back in the 80s I believe. It was still a mission so he was low level to give you the time frame.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

May be he started in Santa Barbara. I first remember him showing up at CC when it was in that fun old building in downtown - was it 8 th street ?
CC had probably just moved to La Brea when ' Welcome back Kotter " ( or whatever it was ) really blew off the roof for JT's popularity - he started getting 4,000 fan letters a week and he became a Hollywood " Big Deal ".

By then he getting auditing on his "set ", etc, etc royal treatment. Right before that, when he was around the org, he seemed like a very nice but very shy guy.

These days ? I suspect - these days - he is kept " in line " by threats from the "church" of using what they have culled from his folders ( or made up ) to "leak" to the tabloids.

AnonyMary

Good luck on getting anyone to answer. This musty old Org is usually empty. (been protesting here since the second anon worldwide protest and I still thought it was a mission)

Once I actually found it open and entered as an interested person. They didn't even understand my basic request for The Way to Happiness and kept handing me a copy of their anti psych pamphlet. I had to grab my copy of WTH on the sly. These people really are low level flunkies.

The area is prime real estate as is all of lower State Street. It gets a lot of tourist foot traffic, perfect for a store not a church. Everyone sees it, snickers, and walks on to the next store. This block does have some of the worst homeless issues sadly. There are altercations on nearly a daily basis. Our police/homeless liaison spends quite a bit of time here. A thankless job.

This dank,dark and musty org is so empty I leave chalk markings instead of protesting often. This is because often it will remain several days until a staff sees it.

Also, I don't leave defamatory messages, a candle for Lisa or simply "Rinder blew, so can you" suffices and reaches the staff as well as tourists. My next message will be " Do you know where your money went?" with a link to Tony's blog about taxes.

Like I I posted on my welcome in your introduction thread, welcome and thanks for helping along the way in getting the place to close. Your efforts are much appreciated
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?35609-Long-time-lurker

Anonycat

Crusader
I was curious where the Palo Alto one would be listed, but their web page isn't coming up.

The old location on El Camino Real's been for sale for ages.

I think the sign that's on the El Camino hole-in-the-wall is for another office in the building.

Palo Alto: http://www.yellowpages.com/listings/463202158/gallery?lid=463202158

But ... they are gone, too. The software company took all the suites in the building now. They expanded from just being in #A, they are also in #C. Bye, scientology!

Former cult bunker: http://www.yellowpages.com/palo-alto-ca/mip/continuuity-inc-475203750

FoTi

Crusader
HellYeah.

Honestly, if the tech actually worked, missions and orgs could deliver auditing in rented porta-potties and there would be lines of people stretching for miles--just waiting for a chance to pay for auditing and get on the pc waiting list.

porta_potties_sfw.jpg

Seriously.​

Yes, seriously. I do recall talking to an auditor who said she audited someone to Clear in the bathroom at St Hill. Maybe that's the ideal scene?

Ah, yes....rented porta-potties...pc sitting on the pot .... just incase they had to go during session, they wouldn't have to take a session break.... and for the luxury of having toilet paper to use (an upgrade from the orgs)....the upstat activity of being able to wipe one's self clean.....this is a religion after all and cleanliness is next to godliness. No?

:hmm: Maybe Scientology would have worked if they had a line up of porta-potties for auditing...instead of orgs. I wonder why LRH never thought of that. Could this be the missing ingredient as to why Scientology didn't work the way people wanted it to? Maybe someone could suggest this to DM. DM could instigate a 'toilet paper used' stat...or a number of dumps and pees per session, and announce these stats at the events. The pc wouldn't have to say anything.....the auditor could just watch the pc indicators and listen to the plops and tinkles and write them on the worksheet and tally them at the end of the session and write them on the session summary report. Yeah.. A poop and whiz stat. After all, it is a shitty religion. They really should report their crappy stats honesty, don't you think? :coolwink::giggle:

FoTi

Crusader
Whose head goes on a pike for this closure? Per some policy letter I forget the name and date of, it is a Suppressive Act to close an org. Ask Stan Dubin, who was declared for combining Day and Foundation orgs at FCDC.

Maybe nobody closed it. Maybe they just all woke up and left (blew) and there was no one left to open/unlock the door in the morning. :confused2:

Anonycat

Crusader
Yes, seriously. I do recall talking to an auditor who said she audited someone to Clear in the bathroom at St Hill. Maybe that's the ideal scene?

Ah, yes....rented porta-potties...pc sitting on the pot .... just incase they had to go during session, they wouldn't have to take a session break.... and for the luxury of having toilet paper to use (an upgrade from the orgs)....the upstat activity of being able to wipe one's self clean.....this is a religion after all and cleanliness is next to godliness. No?

:hmm: Maybe Scientology would have worked if they had a line up of porta-potties for auditing...instead of orgs. I wonder why LRH never thought of that. Could this be the missing ingredient as to why Scientology didn't work the way people wanted it to? Maybe someone could suggest this to DM. DM could instigate a 'toilet paper used' stat...or a number of dumps and pees per session, and announce these stats at the events. The pc wouldn't have to say anything.....the auditor could just watch the pc indicators and listen to the plops and tinkles and write them on the worksheet and tally them at the end of the session and write them on the session summary report. Yeah.. A poop and whiz stat. After all, it is a shitty religion. They really should report their crappy stats honesty, don't you think? :coolwink::giggle:

They are doing that now, at the Ideal Port-a-potty in Santa Barbara! They are going S*** Hill size!

attachment