What's new

Scientology Scientific Method

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
I thought that I would attempt to elucidate the Scientology, Independent Scientology, and Freezone Scientific Method.

The basic, fundamental principle, subject to the critical modifications set forth below, is that correlation, no matter how attenuated, equals causation.

Equally important, all positive outcomes subsequent to auditing or training are attributed to, and were caused by, that auditing or training. Thus:
  1. If anytime after receiving auditing the PC finds an open parking spot, his finding an open parking spot was clearly caused by his receipt of auditing.
  2. If anytime after receiving auditing the PC gets a part in a movie or TV show, her getting the part was clearly caused by her receipt of auditing.
  3. If anytime after receiving auditing the PC wins the lottery, his winning the lottery was clearly caused by his receipt of auditing.
  4. If anytime after completing the Pro TRs course the trainee gets a new job, the trainee getting the new job was clearly caused by his receipt of training.

Likewise equally important, and consistent with KSW No. 1, all negative outcomes subsequent to auditing or training are ignored, attributed to the PC or trainee, or interpreted as being positive. Thus:
  1. If after receving audting the PC loses his job, this outcome can, should and must be ignored.
  2. If after receving auditing the PC is unwilling to ignore the fact that he lost his job, this clearly means the PC was and is PTS, and a PTS handling is required.
  3. If after receiving auditing the PC loses his job, is unwilling to ignore this outcome, and is unwilling to accept the fact that he is PTS, and blames the loss of his job on all of the time he spent in the Org, the PC is an SP.
  4. Likewise, if immediately after the PC becomes a Grade 0 Release, the PC's wife divorces the PC and takes his children away to the opposite coast for the purported reason that the PC was spending too much time and money on the Church of Scientology, there was clearly no failure of the Grade 0 auditing to enable the PC to communicate freely with anyone, including his wife, on any subject. No, it is clear that the PC's wife is an evil SP, and he is better off without her and the children so he can concentrate on going up the Bridge to Total Freedom.

The critical thing is to always "ruthlessly follow" the ten steps of KSW No. 1, and particularly Step 3, "Knowing it (i.e., the Tech) is correct." There is an irrebutable, irrefutable presumption that the Tech "is correct." And if someone suggests that the Tech is not correct? Yes, you recall, one must "jump down [their] throat" and find out what they did wrong.

Now, let us consider an example of the Scientology, Independent Scientology, and Freezone Scientific Method in action.

Consider the poor wog Clinical Psychologist who spent four years in college, four years in graduate school, obtained a Ph.D. in clinical psychology, did an internship in a "mental hospital," passed the state licensing exam, and is subject to state regulation. He deals with a "patient" who has problems with intimacy with her husband. She recounts that she was molested as a child. The poor psychologist, not having LRH Tech, talks endlessly with her, and then with both her and her husband in couple's therapy, obtaining only hard won, and perhaps never complete success.

Compare the Scientology Auditor armed with LRH Tech. This person did not have to waste four years in college and four years in graduate school. No, this person most efficiently dropped out of high school at age 14 to receive auditing training from others who, like him, dropped out of high school at age 14 to receive such training. The Auditor is not licensed or regulated by the wog state, but only by the Church of Scientology. The Auditor has a PC who expresses the very large and distracting PTP of having difficulty expressing intimacy with her husband. The PC reveals to the Auditor that she was molested as a child. Unlike the wog psychologist, the Auditor does not dwell on this incident, or talk about it at all, but correctly notes that it is not the first incident on the chain. No, the Auditor eventually causes the PC to recall that the first incident on the chain was when the PC was raped by Attila the Hun in the year 440 A.D. This, by definition (see KSW No.1, Step. No. 3 referred to above) must bring the PC relief. Unless, of course, the PC is PTS, or out ethics, or the husband is an SP, etc. -- all of which are remediable for the PC by further Scientology auditing and/or training at additional cost.

Why a wog psychologist would assume that the fact that a woman was molested this lifetime was the cause of her intimacy problems with her husband, when LRH Tech clearly establishes, and eventually caused the woman to recall, that she was raped by Attila the Hun, is of course difficult to understand.

Finally, it is important to note that Scientology, correctly applied, can never be harmful. Causing a woman who is having intimacy problems with her husband to finally recall that she was raped by Attila the Hun in the year 440 A.D. could not possibly be detrimental in any way.

Last edited:

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
-snip
[*]If anytime after receiving auditing the PC finds an open parking spot, his finding an open parking spot was clearly caused by his receipt of auditing.
-snip-

That's why it's a good idea to hang onto one's 'receipt' of auditing...

so when it goes wrong, they have proof of the cause... :D

Nice thread KK!

everfree

Patron Meritorious
I thought that I would attempt to elucidate the Scientology, Independent Scientology, and Freezone Scientific Method...

Exactly so. Scientologists are heavily engaged in counting the hits but not the misses. In the process of adopting the belief system of Scientology one learns early that "Scientology always works", so if you see something that doesn't work, it wasn't Scientology. Or the person was PTS. Or out-ethics.

Scientologists sometimes proudly declare that they aren't required to believe anything or have faith, but this process exactly parallels the installment of faith in other religions. A Christian for instance prays to God for <insert desired circumstance here>. If that circumstance comes about, then the Christian is grateful to God and her faith in God is increased.

If it does not occur, she may often feel it was her own lack of faith that was at fault so try to learn to be closer to God by studying the bible or the like.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
That's just a big crock of pure dogshit, KK.

I've just gotten an email from a former preclear of mine - an American girl who had been mauled over six ways from breakfast by one of Filbert's protege's. When she came to me she was as mad as a hatter, would scream the house down while in session, totally out of control in life and on the 2D, a total fucking MESS as a case.

I got her basic ethics in, then a deeper handling using Mary Freeman's approach, then a standard Advance Program per the C/S series, then Happimess Rundown lightly run; she'd had Power so I put her on to R6EW which went like a dream.

During all of this, starting right at the first action, she just settled down, got focussed, kicked out all the crap influences in her life, took direction and took off. For the last year she has been in a very stable and survival relationship with a guy with two children (she just slotted into the role of Mom like they were her own kids), she's gone back to Uni to get fully qualified in her chosen area and things are just humming.

I don't give a flying toss about Clear and OT - they mean nothing in comparison to the quality of life she now has. And it is all due to AUDITING and SCIENTOLOGY, properly applied and executed.

Suck on it, KK. Properly done the tech does produce wonderful results and all your screaming and belly-aching will never change that fact.

And as for not counting misses - forget it. I've been in the auditing game for 39 years now and thropughout all of those years I've let my preclears know that if they are at all unsatisfied with the results they get then they get their money back in full. In the Cof S there were rigmaroles to go through, but that was only the first 13 years or so. From then on it was Freezone and me. And you know how many people altogether have asked for money back?

ZE frigging RO.

And that out of thousands and thousands of hours of auditing.

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
Stop trying to muddy the water with facts, Leon. They're out of place on this thread. :)
Yes, because all science is based only on commercially and self-interested, self-reported, anecdotal reports by those who (I predict, I could be wrong) will soon in this thread be hiding behind the mantle of "religion" and "spirituality" because they couldn't qualify as licensed therapists in any state or nation. Except Kazakhstan.

Actually, I now apologize to the nation of Kazakhstan. That was a cruel and unfair joke. I have no reason to believe the nation of Kazakhstan would license Freezoners as therapists.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
You just can't stand the idea of people getting better with Scientology, can you? Come over here to New Zealand and I'll get you fixed up.

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

I don't give a flying toss about Clear and OT - they mean nothing in comparison to the quality of life she now has. And it is all due to AUDITING and SCIENTOLOGY, properly applied and executed.

-snip-

Gotta hand it to Hubbard, he mixed (the benign aspects of) auditing with (the mind-trap of) Scientology, and - relying on human nature, and the nature of reality itself - was confident that the mix would be around for some time.

Both sides in this argument are correct, and both are incorrect. You could all use an extra eye, IMHO.

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
You just can't stand the idea of people getting better with Scientology, can you? Come over here to New Zealand and I'll get you fixed up.
LOL. And here I thought this was an "Ex" Scientologist message board. My mistake.

No, what I can't stand is the idea of people with real, significant problems who need the help of educated, qualified professionals seeing uneducated, unqualified, unlicensed, unregulated hacks, and suffering as a result. People who have real problems and need real help who, for example, instead of fully dealing with the fact that they were molested or abused as children, instead "confront" the "fact" they were raped by Attila the Hun, or address their BTs (though, to be fair, I now understand you personally don't do the BTs).

Don't get me wrong. They are perfectly free to do so. And those who are inclined to play the role of uneducated, unqualified, unlicensed, unregulated hack are, at least in the U.S., also largely free as a practical and legal matter to do so. As I am free to point out the... deficiencies in their education, training, supporting evidence, theoretical foundation, regulation and reasoning abilities.

Let me put it this way. There are those who graduated from college, graduated from graduate school, and passed a professional licensing exam. Then there are those who spent a good portion of the professional training chanting "Hip, Hip, Horay!" to a portrait of Ron after every course, enforcing or abiding by the discriminatory and hurtful "Illegal PC" policy, and demonizing evil "psychs" in accordance with insane and delusional conspiracy theories. I don't have much problem deciding which group I think is qualified to provide mental health services to those in need.

Seriously, doesn't spending time during one's "professional" training chanting "Hip, Hip, Horay!" to a portrait of a mentally unstable and paranoid cult leader, enforcing or abiding by the discriminatory and hurtful "Illegal PC" policy, and demonizing "psychs" because of paranoid and delusional conspiracy theories, pretty much disqualify one from offering mental health services with a straight face -- even leaving aside the lack of any minimally decent education and training?

Last edited:

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
For starters, I never spentany of my training years (which are still ongoing by the way) chanting at anything. The picture applauding syndrome actually started on the Apollo during the FEBC Course. I was there and witnessed it, and if you care to dig out my pc folder for the session I had after it you'ld know my views on it. And no, no MWHs needed to be pulled then.

As for "uneducaed hacks" - this is indeed a problem and always has been. Scientology Orgs had a habit of employing unemployable morons over the years. This is what lies at the root of all of their subsequent problems. I myself was never an uneducated moron, so I excuse myself further from having to answer that line of attack of yours.

Does any of this make the college grads more qualified than I am to handle people's cases? Alas, no. I was reading in a New Scientist magazine only this morning ( an issue from last year I think) that "Science's" attempts to locate the mind will remain futile until they can come to some agreement on just what the mind is. University education is of little importance in the field of the mind and will remain so for as long as they quibble about what and where it is instead of focussing on how it operates - which is what Hubbard did.

My right - anyone's right - to assist people with their troubles stems entirely on the fact that I get results with what I do. Consistently good results. In getting my results I use Scientology and a few off-shoot developments thereof.

So I will continue doing what works and you may continue belly-aching about that for as long as you please; you change not one whit of this world doing so while I change people's lives for the better with marked regularity.

Good night.

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
So I will continue doing what works and you may continue belly-aching about that for as long as you please; you change not one whit of this world doing so while I change people's lives for the better with marked regularity.
Of course I change the world. Just like I warn people in need to stay away from the official Church of Scientology, I also warn them stay away from people like you.

Oh, and did you stand and cheer and applaud when Ron and/or his minions ranted, raved, promulgated insane, paranoid and delusional conspiracy theories, and demonized "psychs?" And/or did you enforce or abide by the disgusting, discriminatory and hurtful "illegal PC" policy?" If so, did that help to qualify you as a mental health practitioner too?

Last edited:

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
Scientologists sometimes proudly declare that they aren't required to believe anything or have faith, but this process exactly parallels the installment of faith in other religions. A Christian for instance prays to God for <insert desired circumstance here>. If that circumstance comes about, then the Christian is grateful to God and her faith in God is increased.

If it does not occur, she may often feel it was her own lack of faith that was at fault so try to learn to be closer to God by studying the bible or the like.
Very perceptive. In Scientology and the Freezone, if auditing or training is followed by a positive outcome, then the Tech "worked." If either is followed by a negative outcome, then per KSW No. 1 you obviously did something wrong.

The most obvious test of faith I've read of recently in the Christian realm arose out of a mining accident. Numerous miners were trapped in a mine collapse. A story leaked that many of the miners, perhaps all of them, were saved and had survived. Church bells rang and people tearfully praised God and Jesus. Then it was learned that the story was false, and every single miner had died. Afterward, everyone was very... quiet. To my knowledge, nobody openly cursed God or Jesus, but the transition from everyone thanking God to just... nothing... was powerful.