Scientology Sea Org Members Leaving Cult in Droves. Jillian Schelsinger speaks out!

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Re: Scientology Sea Org Members Leaving Cult in Droves. Jillian Schelsinger speaks o

I expect the GAC ("Golden Age of Construction") to be released shortly.
And to be just as useful as the rest of the Golden showers Dave the Dwarf has pushed out.
Every Scientology Church construction project I've ever been involved in was
(a) pro (usually but not always Scientologist) carpenters, electricians, cabinetmakers and painters do work when allowed to, and
(b) EPF and RPF labor getting in the way or doing something incorrectly with certainty and rapidity of particle flow
(c) some asshole exec rethinking his earlier construction decision and deciding it isn't on policy or LRH in some obscure way,
(d) resulting in endless redos of both the substandard SO product and the redesigns,
(e) which makes formerly do-able targets completely unrealistic,
(f) resulting in very long hours and continual all-nighters
(g) ultimately ruining the morale of the pros and causing them to really not give a fuck
(h) after being yelled at by some SO exec who's terrified (and clueless)

Total cluster-fucks, every one of them.

A Scn friend of mine was a construction professional who got roped into doing some renovations work in Clearwater, with promises of training awards. As you might expect, he did the work, but didn't get his exchange. He was pissed.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Re: Scientology Sea Org Members Leaving Cult in Droves. Jillian Schelsinger speaks o

It's not , you can get about 20 Sea Orgers for the cost of one Mexican Laborer, and that's if you go for the absolute cheapest Mexican Laborer possible.

With all the KRs, reports, clipboards, investigations and "why" findings the 20 Sea Orgers get about as much done as the Mexican Laborer.

The Mexican Laborer is still the bargain because you won't have a mountain of cigarette butts left over from all those dramming volcanoes.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Having bunk beds stacked one on top of the other in small poorly ventilated rooms was standard operating basis. Single men and women were berthed separately. Being married one got a room to oneself, that in itself was good enough reason to get hitched :yes: Toilets were over-stressed to say the least. One had to become adept at using scraps of paper or bus tickets to wipe ones backside...toilet paper was a luxury. Oh the list would go long and not many would believe most things on it if it were to be compiled!

I remember an EPF dorm at the Fort Harrison in Clearwater, around 79-80. It was just off the pool area, and may have originally been a locker/changing room.

Visualize a windowless room a bit smaller than the average motel room. Fill it with quadruple-decker bunk beds, as many as world fit and still leave a two-foot-wide passageway from one end to the other, bunks jammed against each other so that the only way into your bed was to crawl onto it from the foot of the bed from the passageway. There was a big fan blowing air into the hallway all night, otherwise people would suffocate. That was how the new recruits in the EPF lived.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

I realize now, as there usually was no toilet paper in the public restrooms at AOLA, why of course I understand, now , that it would be unlikely that there would be any for SO berthing areas!

One point of upset between the NY Org Estates Manager (janitor) and the FOLO which inhabited the upstairs, is that he would have a hell of a time getting budget for buying toilet paper for the public restrooms, and then the SO people would grab the toilet paper for themselves.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

This is going to sound odd. And probably because it is odd.

When I was leaving the Sea Org in 2004, you could say I was locked up too. It is normal that when you want to leave the Sea Org, you are under 24 hour watch. It used to be quite strict, but in later years, it seemed that they were a little more lenient on it. They don't tell you that you can walk out, but you can. Even if you are under 24 hour watch. They will not force you to stay in. They make you think that you are stuck there, but one time I did have enough, and I walked out. They followed me, but did not stop me.

They had my ID and I had no money, so I ended up going back. They make it seem like you are voluntarily coming back. But really you have no choice, if you have no ID and money to get out.

------

And then there is another side to it: When you are in ethics trouble and leaving, its probably better that you are away from the other staff. They will be very angry with you for leaving and they are not shy to show you what a piece of crap you are for daring to desert them.

So being separated from the rest of the staff, in my case, was ok with me.

But I was under 24 hours watch for 3 months. Even when I was sleeping at night, there would be a person blocking the exit sleeping on a mattress on the floor to keep me from leaving.

I am not saying it was right. It was just how it goes.

8-8008

Patron with Honors

I can understand someone making a few bad choices and end up being brainwashed to accept living in those conditions, but how do you allow your children to live like like that?

I wouldn't even treat a stray cat that just pissed on my favorite pair of running shoes that bad, let alone my children.

It goes against all natural parental instincts, Hubbard was one seriously damaged individual.

Well yes they are brainwashed... I was and many others are/were.

For the parents... = they don't really know about it. Their kids tell them, it is great, they are doing great... They don't want to get in trouble even though they may think differently.

8-8008

Patron with Honors

When I was leaving the Sea Org in 2004, you could say I was locked up too. It is normal that when you want to leave the Sea Org, you are under 24 hour watch. It used to be quite strict, but in later years, it seemed that they were a little more lenient on it. They don't tell you that you can walk out, but you can. Even if you are under 24 hour watch. They will not force you to stay in. They make you think that you are stuck there, but one time I did have enough, and I walked out. They followed me, but did not stop me.

They had my ID and I had no money, so I ended up going back. They make it seem like you are voluntarily coming back. But really you have no choice, if you have no ID and money to get out.

------

And then there is another side to it: When you are in ethics trouble and leaving, its probably better that you are away from the other staff. They will be very angry with you for leaving and they are not shy to show you what a piece of crap you are for daring to desert them.

But I was under 24 hours watch for 3 months. Even when I was sleeping at night, there would be a person blocking the exit sleeping on a mattress on the floor to keep me from leaving.

Thanks for your post. Yes I remember that too. I was on watch for about 2 months FULL TIME. Someone coming to get me in the morning, into the security room ALLLLLLLLL DAY long, not seeing the light, going back in my room at night at about 10 PM... 2 months later, ended up with the other deckies... I did not know that space in the building existed :) Ended up there for 6 more months....

But blew one day, they did not know I had my IDs, credit cards... they took them from me afterward :)

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

------

Sea org women have slightly more options, although they probably don't realize it.

A leaving SO woman can flag down a passing police car, and ask for a lift to the nearest women's abuse shelter. Being in the SO would count as "abuse", once explained to the shelter manager.

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron

I watched this video part one and two that Karen released and was pleased to see that Jillian mentioned a dozen people left the SO at the same time. I feel good that Jillian had the courage to speak out as she has done so early after leaving. If I had had the information available to us now on the internet when I first left the cult I too would have been much more vocal. I am glad that ex-Scientologists are finding out sooner rather than later what is really going on behind the lines. This information was not always available. Kudos to Karen and to Jillian for speaking out about the crimes of Scientology and it's diminutive leader David Miscavige.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Thanks for your post. Yes I remember that too. I was on watch for about 2 months FULL TIME. Someone coming to get me in the morning, into the security room ALLLLLLLLL DAY long, not seeing the light, going back in my room at night at about 10 PM... 2 months later, ended up with the other deckies... I did not know that space in the building existed :) Ended up there for 6 more months....

But blew one day, they did not know I had my IDs, credit cards... they took them from me afterward :)

Fortunately for me, when I decided to leave, I already knew that if you declare your decision to leave then you are put on "mest work" until you have your sec-check done, which can take months. Plus I had non-Scn family, so I just called up mom and asked her to pre-pay an airline ticket for me. I had "study" time right after lunch, and it wasn't uncommon for me to work thru study time. I thus had a three hour window to get out before anybody noticed.

Last edited:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

Fortunately for me, when I decided to leave, I already knew that is you declare your decision to leave then you are put on "mest work" until you have your sec-check done, which can take months. Plus I had non-Scn family, so I just called up mom and asked her to pre-pay an airline ticket for me. I had "study" time right after lunch, and it wasn't uncommon for me to work thru study time. I thus had a three hour window to get out before anybody noticed.

Mine was similar.

I am so glad I didn't even bother to try the "routing out" approach. I knew it would be a year easily.

More likely they would have figured out a way to stick me on the RPF.

Wasn't going to play that game again.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

Ai Weiwei a Chinese artist was detained by the authorities over there. He is political. I think this video and his installation (SACRED) go a long way to explaining how it feels to be watched. His experience was certainly worse than a staff member wanting to leave, but not that different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ACj86DKfWs

Gib

Crusader

Fortunately for me, when I decided to leave, I already knew that if you declare your decision to leave then you are put on "mest work" until you have your sec-check done, which can take months. Plus I had non-Scn family, so I just called up mom and asked her to pre-pay an airline ticket for me. I had "study" time right after lunch, and it wasn't uncommon for me to work thru study time. I thus had a three hour window to get out before anybody noticed.

the actual policy on it, at least at the org level, is

when a person originates they wish to leave staff, they are supposed to get a sec check, to clear themselves of any O/W's, and when finished, just asked if they are still wish to leave or stay.

If they wish to leave, the staff are just supposed to say we wish you well.

If they wish to stay, then they do conditions.

The whole thing is supposed to take a week. And while the person is not in session getting sec checks, they are to do mest work.

Not trying to validate LRH, but seems plausible to me. And of course everything gets twisted around.

And a leaving staff member is NOT reguired to replace hisself. He only replaces hisself if he/she wishes to transfer to another position or move up lines to a higher org/SO.

David C Gibbons

Ex-Scientology Peon

The whole thing is about keeping public and staff at "EFFECT", helpless, alone, and subservient to the will of Scientology. So much for freedom - Scientologists are only free to be slaves.

GreyLensman

I realize now, as there usually was no toilet paper in the public restrooms at AOLA, why of course I understand, now , that it would be unlikely that there would be any for SO berthing areas!

Policy letters worked ok, if a little rough... Watch for paper cuts...

Goldenrod if you could get it.

GreyLensman

A Scn friend of mine was a construction professional who got roped into doing some renovations work in Clearwater, with promises of training awards. As you might expect, he did the work, but didn't get his exchange. He was pissed.

I was offered the incredible opportunity to repeat my experience at Flag on Renos. I said sure. I want $45/hour, and since I'm a subcontractor, I want control of my hours, and time-and-a-half overtime after 40 hours per week.

Dead silence. I never heard back.
Assholes.

GreyLensman

the actual policy on it, at least at the org level, is

when a person originates they wish to leave staff, they are supposed to get a sec check, to clear themselves of any O/W's, and when finished, just asked if they are still wish to leave or stay.

If they wish to leave, the staff are just supposed to say we wish you well.

If they wish to stay, then they do conditions.

The whole thing is supposed to take a week. And while the person is not in session getting sec checks, they are to do mest work.

Not trying to validate LRH, but seems plausible to me. And of course everything gets twisted around.

And a leaving staff member is NOT reguired to replace hisself. He only replaces hisself if he/she wishes to transfer to another position or move up lines to a higher org/SO.

It was never in my experience applied that way. You were held around replacing yourself for as long as you would put up with it. I got through my off-staff routing form after stalling for five months by a fluke. Some moron SO chippie missionaire (she was maybe 14...) decided my post was supernumerary, and should not be posted at the current org posting levels. I was supposed to be freed up to do something more valuable... But, no one had informed her that I was already on an off-staff routing form and I had this broad smile (when I was supposed to be caved in for some reason I never understood, panicking at the loss of status...). I left, quickly, before someone could overrule or inform her of the positive consequences of her action.

I didn't do the sec check until right before OT II, when someone realized it hadn't really been done. I got it audited rather quickly for free, to get me on the next level. This was back when orgs actually had products...

Gib

Crusader

It was never in my experience applied that way. You were held around replacing yourself for as long as you would put up with it. I got through my off-staff routing form after stalling for five months by a fluke. Some moron SO chippie missionaire (she was maybe 14...) decided my post was supernumerary, and should not be posted at the current org posting levels. I was supposed to be freed up to do something more valuable... But, no one had informed her that I was already on an off-staff routing form and I had this broad smile (when I was supposed to be caved in for some reason I never understood, panicking at the loss of status...). I left, quickly, before someone could overrule or inform her of the positive consequences of her action.

I didn't do the sec check until right before OT II, when someone realized it hadn't really been done. I got it audited rather quickly for free, to get me on the next level. This was back when orgs actually had products...

I was just telling what the policy says,

whether it was applied correctly is a whole another story and broken hearts and lots of anger, confusion, mis-application, slavery, convincing, etc. The policy says what it says, and nothing more.

When I was HAS, I applied the PL's, and do believe me it was hard to get the above Executives to apply it. :angry:

I was applying KSW when I was HAS, get anybody to apply it. LOL

It's all fuk'in stat related. :angry:

Edit: and when I finally realized it, scientology & dianetics tech as a whole is just stat related, and that's all it is. Smoke and mirrors.

GreyLensman

I was just telling what the policy says,

whether it was applied correctly is a whole another story and broken hearts and lots of anger, confusion, mis-application, slavery, convincing, etc. The policy says what it says, and nothing more.

When I was HAS, I applied the PL's, and do believe me it was hard to get the above Executives to apply it. :angry:

I was applying KSW when I was HAS, get anybody to apply it. LOL

It's all fuk'in stat related. :angry:

True that. Thursday-at-2 to Thursday-at-2.