Scientology Settles with Debbie Cook

Free Being Me

Crusader
I quite agree with you that Scientologists are "fairly easy to predict".

It's kind of like predicting the weather.

weatherman.jpg

Today, the fact-forecast with Scientology
is partly cloudy with a chance of crazy.

:hysterical: :thumbsup:

Though I might rephrase it as:

Today, the fact-forecast with Scientology is heavy delusion and craziness with a moderate chance of viciously abusive.

HUBBARD COMMUNICATION OFFICE
TARGET TWO
HCO POLICY LETTER 24 OF April 2012
ISSUE 1

CANCELLING SCIENTOLOGY

This is LRH communicating from Target Two. I didn't think that scientology would last beyond my body death.

It was all a big hoot taking all your money, good times, good times. Seeing all this discord happening over lil ole me has become pure enturbulation. Law suites, deaths, broken dreams, financial ruin, it can't continue.

The last straw are the crazy scientologist/weather cracks. That hurts. I've seen some joking and degrading on my time track but that's it. Scientology is cancelled, effective immediately.

L RON HUBBARD,
FOUNDER

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
HUBBARD COMMUNICATION OFFICE
TARGET TWO
HCO POLICY LETTER 24 OF April 2012
ISSUE 1

CANCELLING SCIENTOLOGY

This is LRH communicating from Target Two. I didn't think that scientology would last beyond my body death.

It was all a big hoot taking all your money, good times, good times. Seeing all this discord happening over lil ole me has become pure enturbulation. Law suites, deaths, broken dreams, financial ruin, it can't continue.

The last straw are the crazy scientologist/weather cracks. That hurts. I've seen some joking and degrading on my time track but that's it. Scientology is cancelled, effective immediately.

L RON HUBBARD,
FOUNDER

Dear FreeBeing, can you please post this HCO PL on Marty's blog, Tony's VV,
WWP, OCMB and any other web place you can think of, because if you won't
I will. Also, because it's really fucking brilliant! :thumbsup: :yes:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Something occurred to me: There was a comment by Debbie during the hearings - it was her saying she didn't realize she had rights until she talked to her lawyer. Humm... What could that mean?

This is my take on it - Debbie goes to the lawyer about the NDA violation. After Ray reads it and then talks to her, he finds out about the way she as coecerced into signing it. Then he finds out about her time in the hole. That is a clear and obvious criminal act. A major violation of her rights. The question becomes how to get the church to pay, and pay dearly.

So he sets a trap - in the hearing he has her recount her imprisonment in the hole. The NDA is instantly toast, the church bails from the courtroom. Next they try to mess with him, so he lets the VV and others post some stuff. She does the TV interview. It gets splashed all over the media. They get the message: pay up or this will get dragged into open court and the church will be really embarassed.

Thus, the Church pays her big time, the injunction is approved by the court. Justice has been done.

Good for her.

Mimsey

I'd been half believing that Debbie Cook (like most people) could see that Miscavige was a mini (but vicious) monster and that this was her effort (while safely off staff) to be a hero and to try and get rid of him for the sake of planetary clearing (lol) and because she believed that tubs hubbard would have been smiling down upon her (lol again).

Your theory makes far more sense.

As Smilla said "money, money money" ... apparently Debbie Cook has 'regged' quite a lot of that in her time in the cofs and has now finally worked out how to 'reg' some for herself, and I don't buy that she was in any way naïve at all, she knew where she was going and it looks as if she got there.

Caliwog

Patron Meritorious
apparently Debbie Cook has 'regged' quite a lot of that in her time in the cofs and has now finally worked out how to 'reg' some for herself, and I don't buy that she was in any way naïve at all, she knew where she was going and it looks as if she got there.

Scientology and Scientologists often give the illusion of intelligence far beyond what they actually posses.

I'm pretty sure Debbie Cook is a total Kool-Aid(tm) drinker. She believes with all her heart and soul. I don't think this was a money grab... I think this was a heartfelt action by someone who genuinely thinks DM is the problem with Scientology, and doesn't see that the scam began with LRH.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I'm pretty sure Debbie Cook is a total Kool-Aid(tm) drinker. She believes with all her heart and soul. I don't think this was a money grab... I think this was a heartfelt action by someone who genuinely thinks DM is the problem with Scientology, and doesn't see that the scam began with LRH.

You're correct, but Debbie is one of those that believe the tech works regardless of whether LRH was a nutcase or not.

Alot of medical advances occurred post-1945 that were the basis of Nazi research in Germany, despite the fact that the Nazis used slave labor as human guinea pigs.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Judaism/naziexp.html

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Scientology and Scientologists often give the illusion of intelligence far beyond what they actually posses.

True, but I was thinking more of 'cunning and manipulative' TBH.

:yes:

Ah well, she's out now whether she truly wanted to be or not, so maybe the money will assist to soothe her heart and soul and perhaps buy a nice house and whatever other "MEST" she wants.

Many of us have, by working hard, effectively contributed to her slush fund ... we just didn't know it at the time!

Still, mustn't grumble ...

:coolwink:

Gadfly

Crusader
More vague innuendo?

Why can't you ever say who these mysterious critics are that you are criticizing?

Something to do with Ron's successful action of remaining Fabian?

Or, maybe provide an example or two to support the general claim? :duh:

Remaining Fabian goes hand-in-hand with "never relaying detailed specifics and always remaining vague" (generalizing). Or, as with Hubbard and Scientology, when specifics are needed to justify the general claim, MAKE THEM UP! :ohmy:

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
My question since the very beginning of this journey when Marty had inserted himself into the fray as Cooks' spokeshole is why are these guys smiling?

Mand%2520M.JPG

lurkanon

Patron with Honors
What if it was all a show, in order, amongst other things, to make the claim that the dangerous observation explained in this 9 Jan 2008 thread :

Nondisclosure Secrecy Agreements Never Enforced by CoS

is now false?

My thoughts exactly.

Fascinating, as well, how the Indies and other supporters have rapid onset mental amnesia. They went from believing Debbie's promises to "together" reform the Co$, to Martys' vow that THIS case would ensure that never again would Non Disclosure Agreements signed under duress be imposed since it would be proven that they are legally unenforcable, to a moment of cognitive dissonance when the sudden settlement was announced, to shouting out how much of a win it all was, and they would happily give money again to the next Debbie Cook, all the while not seeing that it is WORSE now. It went from being a test of the Co$'s ability to enforce NDAs under pressure, to a court injunction permanently enforcing the same terms as the NDA.

And Marty and Mike's clubbed seals are singing it as a "win."

And the few cannot control the many? HAH.

It was all just a show, nothing but street theatre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v--IqqusnNQ

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Or, maybe provide an example or two to support the general claim? :duh:

Remaining Fabian goes hand-in-hand with "never relaying detailed specifics and always remaining vague" (generalizing). Or, as with Hubbard and Scientology, when specifics are needed to justify the general claim, MAKE THEM UP! :ohmy:

Unknown-10-1.jpg

You are right. I don't know what I'm upset about when you get right down to it: the fact that Debbie settled or the fact that I believed in her in the first place. Either way, my mistake was hoping for a hero. I should know by now that the one thing you'll never find in Scientology is a hero.

You have to be your own hero. :)

We all have to be the Hero in our own lives. :thumbsup:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
I've been thinking really hard about why she settled. It actually seemed to me that she wouldn't after she filed that countersuit.

But it then occurred to me that sometimes the question, "What are your crimes?" May actually lead to a person confessing serious crimes. And in the case of Debbie's back and forth emails with the Co$, there was a smoking gun that shed bbeen involved in some fairly serious ones.

Ah well.... fun while it lasted.......

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well, it will be easy enough to determine if there was a payoff from the CoS to Debbie & Wayne in the near future. I figure if some of interested parties keep there ears to ground we will find out if a new home is purchased, property purchased, sudden move to a new locale, etc... It's pretty easy to ascertain when people come into a big pile of money suddenly, ESP if they weren't well-to-do to begin with.

I also think a big pile of money will make it easier for their relationship to crumble and for Deb and Wayne to go their separate ways. I think there was a great deal of depending on each other and staying together to survive in life outside of the SO. All this turmoil, stress, pressure all ending in a settlement that leaves them utterly alone in the world, isolated from all former Scios (CoS & Indie) friends, would be difficult for the strongest relationship to survive, much less one born the bubble of the SO.

freethinker

Sponsor
In the settlement, the NDA was re-written by the court and that is what now binds Debbie, so the CO$ NDA was not tested, will not be tested in this matter, so what you said is still true.

When you change a contract, it is a counteroffer, not the original contract. Debbie is now under a court NDA which is significantly different. http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...d-Scientology-and-Got-Away-Scot-Free&p=684034
What if it was all a show, in order, amongst other things, to make the claim that the dangerous observation explained in this 9 Jan 2008 thread :

Nondisclosure Secrecy Agreements Never Enforced by CoS

is now false?