What's new

Scientology Settles with Debbie Cook

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
There are 2 mosquitoes flying around,and they saw a elephant... And one says to another "would you want ME to F..K this elephant in the ass ,so hard,that she will enjoy it...?"
Other one says "yeah" and "I will go there with you to see it myself..."
They come to elephants ass ,and one of mosquitoes take his d..k out and put in elephants ass... Once,twice,third time...
But then - tiger attack elephant and bite him on one of his front legs...
The elephant screams and start to cry ...
Mosquito ,that was doing in and out , is so happy that he starts to tell his friend :
"Look at her now!!! She is crying!! That elephant bitch!!!"

Debbie is - mosquito ... or Marty is ???

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
But in the end, Cook still won big. She (1) took Scientology's money; (2) disparaged, facially at least, the NDA with the Dec 31 e-mail; (3) testified in court as to matters which very likely would have violated the NDA had they not been privileged court testimony; (4) was returned to the immediate-post-NDA status quo without having suffered any of the repercussions as stated in the NDA, and (5) got to keep the money they'd originally been given.

Well, not too big.

"Under a judge's order it requires Cook and her husband, Wayne Baumgarten, to refrain from disclosing anything they know about the church to anyone,
be it in conversation, an Internet posting or any other communication. Nor can they have any contact with anyone who has disparaged or intends to disparage the church."

If taken literally, that means not saying one single thing about the CofS to anyone apart from each other.

Churchies will avoid them like the plague, since they are now publicly known as declared. And Debbie and Wayne must avoid Scios who are not churchies because they are very likely to have disparaged the CoS (publicly? privately?), or at least may be intending to disparage the CofS. How would you know?

So they basically have to cut other Scios out of their lives forever. Not a problem for a non-Scio, but for someone who still worships Hubbard?

Paul

tikk

Patron with Honors
Well, not too big.

"Under a judge's order it requires Cook and her husband, Wayne Baumgarten, to refrain from disclosing anything they know about the church to anyone,
be it in conversation, an Internet posting or any other communication. Nor can they have any contact with anyone who has disparaged or intends to disparage the church."

If taken literally, that means not saying one single thing about the CofS to anyone apart from each other.

Churchies will avoid them like the plague, since they are now publicly known as declared. And Debbie and Wayne must avoid Scios who are not churchies because they are very likely to have disparaged the CoS (publicly? privately?), or at least may be intending to disparage the CofS. How would you know?

So they basically have to cut other Scios out of their lives forever. Not a problem for a non-Scio, but for someone who still worships Hubbard?

Paul

Obviously it was something they thought they were able to live with once before, so I'm not sure why it's such a huge problem now, especially after Cook had her moment in the sun there for a time. So what if this new agreement effectively prevents her from becoming a Scientology critic? And who really knows how genuine their adherence to Scientology as a religion/doctrine/whatever is at this point in time. A lot has happened in the past few months for them, I'd not be surprised if they grew as disaffected with Marty and the Martyites as they did DM's brand. But who can say? If they could live with it once, I don't see why they can't live with it again.

Veda

Sponsor
Well, not too big.

Paul

Doesn't she have a business? How does she determine which clients to still remain in contact with, and which to break off contact with? Is she still on face book?

Neither she nor her husband can have contact with $cientologists in good standing, and they, also, cannot have contact with "anyone who has disparaged or intends to disparage the Church."

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
I am just sitting here this morning laughing my ass off.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/04/24/abuse-of-process-david-miscavige/

It is starting to dawn on Marty and crew that Debbie screwed
them. All their "donations" to her legal defense team are for
naught. Any PR bonus that M&M shared over "helping her" is
lost.

Debbie does Dallas (or any other small Texas town) was well
played.

:coolwink:

I read Marteh's blabber (ya he would bet everything lol, sure) and continued on to the sychophantic ass-kissing which he thrives on. Such a kind and considerate, loving and caring bunch of bananas... only took a page before my brain rebelled.... yikes!

There are 2 mosquitoes flying around,and they saw a elephant... And one says to another "would you want ME to F..K this elephant in the ass ,so hard,that she will enjoy it...?"
Other one says "yeah" and "I will go there with you to see it myself..."
They come to elephants ass ,and one of mosquitoes take his d..k out and put in elephants ass... Once,twice,third time...
But then - tiger attack elephant and bite him on one of his front legs...
The elephant screams and start to cry ...
Mosquito ,that was doing in and out , is so happy that he starts to tell his friend :
"Look at her now!!! She is crying!! That elephant bitch!!!"

Debbie is - mosquito ... or Marty is ???

that reminds me of how the old definition of conceit - a flea lying on his back on a leaf in a river floating down stream with a hard-on shouting "raise the drawbridge!" - is so descriptive of scientology

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Not sure who you mean by "they", but if it's Cook and Baumgartner, they gave up the right to speak out in exchange for a shot at their eternal freedom. If "they" is CoS, it frustrates me to say that they gave up squat. They had the standard tech hold on Cook and played that card. If you are a true believer, you are screwed.

No, I mean the cult gave up something. Money or something. That's what happens with settlements.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I feel that Debbie Cook was probably threatened with the dirt file that COB would undoubtedly have on her (and her husband) and that he has paid her off (despite what it said in the media).

She isn't getting any younger and her business must be devastated ... money would have been waved in her direction to ease her 'pain' ...

Her dirt file would be nasty, she was involved in some icky stuff in the cofs (any cofs exec would have been and that may include Lisa McPherson's death and the subsequent cover up).

Also she probably has finally grown up this last few years while out in the real world and admitted (to herself) that scientology is just a con job, so she had nothing to lose (and much to gain) by not being allowed near those in good standing.

It doesn't make sense that they just agreed to call it quits and no money changed hands.

The damage is done to the cofs though and can't be undone.

Man de la Mancha

Patron with Honors
No, I mean the cult gave up something. Money or something. That's what happens with settlements.

My guess is that dismissal of the suit against Cook was Scn Inc's only concession, which is entirely valid consideration for a settlement agreement. If so, Cook got the short end of the stick because in addition to dropping her counterclaim it sounds like she essentially agreed to disassociate from just about everyone she has met during the past 20+ years. She agreed to that because she doesn't want to give Scn Inc 25% of every penny she earns for possibly the rest of her life.

BunnySkull

New post by Marty has the injunction up in full.

He's now calling calling the settlement "treachery" - pretty big 180 from his first post that tried to put a happy face on it.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
I feel that Debbie Cook was probably threatened with the dirt file that COB would undoubtedly have on her (and her husband) and that he has paid her off (despite what it said in the media).

She isn't getting any younger and her business must be devastated ... money would have been waved in her direction to ease her 'pain' ...

Her dirt file would be nasty, she was involved in some icky stuff in the cofs (any cofs exec would have been and that may include Lisa McPherson's death and the subsequent cover up).

Also she probably has finally grown up this last few years while out in the real world and admitted (to herself) that scientology is just a con job, so she had nothing to lose (and much to gain) by not being allowed near those in good standing.

It doesn't make sense that they just agreed to call it quits and no money changed hands.

The damage is done to the cofs though and can't be undone.

Well I have no doubt that she was threatened with whatever they thought would cause her to move her position that they could legally get away with.

But the 'damage'? It will be like footprints in water. There was nothing she said that was not already known - perhaps the only damage that was real and lasting would be to the few people who were on lines who got real excited about it who will now, almost certainly be getting a "handling".

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Which of you has had the courage of your convictions with regard to what should be done about the Church?

We're all compromised.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I do wonder how much her husband may have had to do with this. One thing I can reveal now, that I heard directly from a involved party, was that Wayne had openly expressed a desire to return to the SO - no shit. This was after the court testimony and everything.

Yeah. He's the invisible part of this that no one is looking at.

His whole family is in Scientology, right? And now, since they are both declared, he can't communicate with any of them.

I wonder if he ever agreed with her sending out that email to begin with. He may be looking at her as someone who ruined his life.

My personal prediction is that they will split up. It wouldn't surprise me if he tries to get back into Scn's good graces.

JMO.

Jquepublic

So the story according to Otega (hope I am paraphrasing accurately)....is that the COS could have walked away at anytime because they were sueing her. And if they had persisted Debbie may have been up for $300 000 or more. So it's good for Dangeous Debbie that COS dropped it and not too bad that she had to promise to shut up about antything bad about the cult, to anyone, forever!

That doesn't look right to me. They HAD TO!!!!! get her to STFU!!!! She had already put them right in the poo bin and was likely to bring out all sorts of other terrible things. It would be worth paying a LOT for stopping that. If they just walked away, where would that leave them? With a totally useless gag order, and that could start floodgates of others.

They did not walk away because they HAD to negotiate with her. I do not believe that she was not paid somehow. If it wasn't a payment, she must have been given something to keep her trap shut....and it has to be forever, remember.

If they didn't, they could NOT just walk away. Am I missing something....?

Maybe the thing she and Wayne got was the right to see their family. Can't really put a price on that. I don't think staying away from the Indies is any kind of problem for her because I got the distinct impression that she thinks of them as squirrel anyway.

I'm disappointed because she had a real shot at DM IMO and threw it away. I guess she decided her personal integrity was not as important as she thought. It's her right to walk away... Just wish she hadn't.

Last edited:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Maybe the thing she and Wayne got was the right to see their family.

I seriously doubt they got that. They are declared SPs. Scientologists "in good standing" would be forbidden to communicate with them.

That's one major reason why I think Wayne might not be happy with any of this.

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious
The injunction has a funny definition of "non-public information" which is anything the church hasn't approved to be public.

The criminal activity of David Miscavige are therefore "non-public", the beatings, Debbies's letter content is "non public". Anything Debbie said in earlier deposition are "non public".

Does any one who donated to Debbie's cause, forwarded her letter to others, supported her in any way is bound by that same agreement as "acting in concert"?

What "acting in concert" legally mean?

And how an injunction can bound third people who are not the two parties in the dispute?

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
I seriously doubt they got that. They are declared SPs. Scientologists "in good standing" would be forbidden to communicate with them.

That's one major reason why I think Wayne might not be happy with any of this.

true - but that assumes that miscavige et al actually believe that crap which of course, they don't.

An accommodation would be worked out.