What's new

Scientology spent $42 million for Global Media Center, now needs money to use it

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Yea, sounds good. :)

I too am flabbergasted at the stories here of spending 100's of thousands of dollars on upper bridge services.....just mind boggling! :omg:
It is painful learning about how people have been reduced to penury through their involvement with scn, but it's a well-oiled machine designed to do just that. Of course, a lot of self-deception has to take place along with putting your trust in others who you believe have your best interests at heart but in fact have only their own.

I haven't got a current price-list of services to hand, but after all, when you have just completed a hugely expensive service which is supposed to have delivered a specific end-result and you know in your heart of hearts that it hasn't happened, why do you continue? You begin to think you're an SP and therefore get no case-gain. You're told you must be PTS, or that you must have falsely attested to an earlier grade or that what you have just done is really only a preliminary to the 'real thing' which you will now have to stump up an even more outlandish sum of money to start. We all know the story.

Eventually, most get out, some sooner than others and some more broken psychologically, spiritually and or financially than others. I count myself as one of the lucky ones.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
You just seem incapable of understanding a simple statement. You don't gain the trust of somebody by calling them a sucker and a mark. I may have been one, you may have been one, I'm not disputing that. We know better now. They don't.
I got your insult and it isn't correct.

I understand your simple statement. I just disagree. I hope you can understand the difference. Here is my point:

You don't gain the trust of somebody by lying to them​

That's all. We were conned. That's accurate, that's true. But, "Oh, no! You can't tell them the truth! It would upset them!"

I say we stick with the bald truth. I think it's a welcome comparison from the lies, obfuscation and half-truths of Scientology. But that's me.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Honestly, I think it is fantastic that Scientology bilked its members for $42M (to buy the facility) and is trying to con them into putting up tens of millions more to create cult promotion.

More promotion, yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Reasons:

1) The Hubbard Law of Parodoxical Promotion: (from the Stupid Thread)

HUBBARD LAW OF PARADOXICAL PROMOTION: For each promotional action that effectively recruits a new Scientologist, there are 5.4 new enemies made for the cult, consisting of the recruit who eventually blows plus their immediate family and friends who learn it is a fraudulent hoax. Therefore, the more Scientology desperately tries to expand, the more they contract.

2) Moar filmed Scientology celebrity endorsements with Tom-Cruise-Crazy kinda material that makes the world laugh, scream "WTF!" and run away.​

3. By the televangelical broadcasting of their dreadfully miscalculated (but on-policy) lies, hyperbole, charlatanism and never-delivered claims of "Clear" and "OT", much broader demographics of the world's population will be driven into the internet tsunami of entheta about Scientology. Thus, the learning curve of prospective marks/suckers will be accelerated to just minutes in discovering the real beliefs and practices of the COS wherein, for example, one pays $500,000 for decades of Xenu alien hunting before blowing and being disconnected and attacked by the cult.

In fact, Scientology's WORST NIGHTMARE is that people learn about what Scientology believes and what Scientology does.

Can't wait for them to begin broadcasting! Because....they are the "authorities" on public relations, right Tom? LOL

HelluvaHoax!

I'd like to point out, because it sometimes gets lost in the verbage...

Conned = Confidence Game. A Con man is one that "gives you confidence" which allows you to trust him.....which allows him to cheat you..and steal your money.

Hubbard, the 21st century's #1 religious con man, played the "confidence game" well.

Scientologists first have confidence in Ron. Then they have confidence in themselves.

But Hubbard did not call it confidence. He called it certainty.

Maybe we should not be calling the Commodore a "con man", but rather a certainty man; or, cert-man for short. Hey, wait a second, Scientology kinda did that already. Don't they give people with certainty shiny certs?

HelluvaHoax!

(from the Stupid Thread):

On the subject of superhuman Scientologists getting certs for their certainty.......

page-1_zps84c4bf7c.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

I understand your simple statement. I just disagree. I hope you can understand the difference. Here is my point:

That's all. We were conned. That's accurate, that's true. But, "Oh, no! You can't tell them the truth! It would upset them!"

I say we stick with the bald truth. I think it's a welcome comparison from the lies, obfuscation and half-truths of Scientology. But that's me.

I like it.

Scientologists probably respond to a wide spectrum of different approaches from others trying to awaken them from their cult slumber. Although I don't always use it in conversation with Scientologists, I think the written medium is particularly well suited to boldly telling anaten OTs the truth. They are so deep in Hubbard's hypnotic hyperbole that they are ironically nearly indistinguishable from the "dormant beings" that the cult purports to handle. LOL.

I can't think of any actual difference between a dormant BT and a dormant OT, except that the BTs apparently are far higher toned and able because with just a few auditing commands, they are able to go exterior--a feat that in 64 years no Operating Thetan has ever once achieved.

What's the worse that can happen if one speaks directly and boldly to a kook-aid drinking Scientologist and "r-factors" them that they have fallen victim to a cruel hoax? Let's take Marty Rathbun as a case study. He ran the cult's sociopathic ops for decades and then left to convert the world to "indie scientology". He tried a one-minute attempt to post on ESMB but quickly retreated into the "safe space" of his own blog where adoring indies could huddle together (in cluster-like fashion) and repetitively validate his "courage" and "honor" and "integrity". Marty just hated ESMB and quickly labeled the people here as "low toned" and "haters" and "1.1"s and "punks". One might conclude that it would have been better if everyone on ESMB had "granted him beingness" but I contend that the HONESTY of people here in fact are what drove him (after several more years) to recognize that Scientology was a bold-faced lie and he had been duped by his own blind gullibility. The threads and posts about Marty's "indie" exploits were relentless for those several years and it is my belief that the HARD TRUTH and even J&D created a de facto "whack on the side of the head" that eventually stirred him from his slumber.

I kind of like the symmetry of handling Hubbard's BIG LIE with BIG TRUTH.

strativarius

Bill, please! If I've insulted you that's probably a fail on my part. Exasperation that I can't seem to make myself clear to you. You are now accusing me of wanting to lie to them (Scientologists). No, no, no! But I give up. I'm banging my head against a wall here. No hard feelings mate, but I've had enough.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
@ Bill and Strativarius:

I see both of your points and I kinda agree with Bill. I, personally, think anything Hubbard ever said or wrote is complete and utter hogwash and that even the few good parts are bad, because the whole stuff is poisoned. But: What would happen if I threw that opinion into the face of a "true believer", is predictable. My whole message, no matter how much truth it contains, would be dismissed and it would ultimately end up on that person's mental garbage pile.

Therefore, administering the truth in small, homeopathic doses, can often be the better approach. And No, I'm not very good at administering truth in such small doses, so I mostly leave that job to those who are. :coolwink:

strativarius

@ Bill and Strativarius:

I see both of your points and I kinda agree with Bill. I, personally, think anything Hubbard ever said or wrote is complete and utter hogwash and that even the few good parts are bad, because the whole stuff is poisoned. But: What would happen if I threw that opinion into the face of a "true believer", is predictable. My whole message, no matter how much truth it contains, would be dismissed and it would ultimately end up on that person's mental garbage pile.

Therefore, administering the truth in small, homeopathic doses, can often be the better approach. And No, I'm not very good at administering truth in such small doses, so I mostly leave that job to those who are. :coolwink:
Well, thanks for that MrNobody. I have to say that there is not one word in your post that I disagree with. Further to that, all I can say is either I have got something horribly wrong and need to seriously examine my thought processes and check for any loose screws, or that I have failed dismally to express myself and the simple idea I was trying to get across. Anyway, I'm done on this subject. Carry on.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I understand your simple statement. I just disagree. I hope you can understand the difference.
Thinking about this, I realized that this is where "Hubbard's Study Tech" goes so horribly off the rails. In Study Tech "Understanding = Agreement". If you don't agree with everything you study, you haven't understood it. If you agree with it, why then, you have understood it.

This idea, of course, can happen elsewhere, but in Study Tech, it is axiomatic. Of course understanding and agreement are completely different things.

I know I keep thinking if I can only explain it better, everyone would agree with me... :duh:

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
...In short, the Church of Scientology can satisfy the IRS requirements concerning not accumulating too much unspent reserves by... buying real estate.

The Church of Scientology can satisfy the IRS requirements concerning not accumulating too much unspent reserves by... accumulating unspent reserves in the form of real estate.

In other words, to sum up the Ideal Org bullshit - we are hiding your donations in plain sight and there's not a god-damned thing you can do about it.

And Miscavige can charge back to the organizations rent and donations to improve and etc. And never actually deliver anything at all.

ideal.

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
So someone tells you where you can find the answers to all your problems and all you need to do is give him 100,000 bucks ... that's OK, that's different. When someone falls for that, they aren't a "sucker" or a "mark". :no:

It was all completely legitimate, no lies, no fraud. Everyone who paid the hundreds of thousands got exactly what was promised. No one was lied to, no one was conned. Yep. :yes:

Oh, yes! No suckers or marks here. Nope. :duh: Just happy little Clears and OTs frolicking through the universe.

So, you haven't yet gotten to the point in Scientology recovery where you realize you were conned.

Exactly. Hasn't gotten to where he/she can admit they were lied to, and even more so, admit that they lied to themselves to stay in. It takes a huge amount of self-deception to remain in the Church of Scientology.

Free Being Me

Crusader
I like it.

Scientologists probably respond to a wide spectrum of different approaches from others trying to awaken them from their cult slumber. Although I don't always use it in conversation with Scientologists, I think the written medium is particularly well suited to boldly telling anaten OTs the truth. They are so deep in Hubbard's hypnotic hyperbole that they are ironically nearly indistinguishable from the "dormant beings" that the cult purports to handle. LOL.

I can't think of any actual difference between a dormant BT and a dormant OT, except that the BTs apparently are far higher toned and able because with just a few auditing commands, they are able to go exterior--a feat that in 64 years no Operating Thetan has ever once achieved.

What's the worse that can happen if one speaks directly and boldly to a kook-aid drinking Scientologist and "r-factors" them that they have fallen victim to a cruel hoax? Let's take Marty Rathbun as a case study. He ran the cult's sociopathic ops for decades and then left to convert the world to "indie scientology". He tried a one-minute attempt to post on ESMB but quickly retreated into the "safe space" of his own blog where adoring indies could huddle together (in cluster-like fashion) and repetitively validate his "courage" and "honor" and "integrity". Marty just hated ESMB and quickly labeled the people here as "low toned" and "haters" and "1.1"s and "punks". One might conclude that it would have been better if everyone on ESMB had "granted him beingness" but I contend that the HONESTY of people here in fact are what drove him (after several more years) to recognize that Scientology was a bold-faced lie and he had been duped by his own blind gullibility. The threads and posts about Marty's "indie" exploits were relentless for those several years and it is my belief that the HARD TRUTH and even J&D created a de facto "whack on the side of the head" that eventually stirred him from his slumber.

Exactly! Why enable Elcon's/DM's/$cio Guru's cultist lies by playing along? There's no point in deceiving the deceived or the deceivers. Nice warm radiant healthy truthful disinfectant sunshine be it $cientologists of the Cof$, Indies, Free Zone, Ron's Orgs is the answer. It may take a few years and a lot of choice J&D-ing along the way but eventually the light switch is flipped ...

cflbulbs1.jpg

Gib

Crusader
I like it.

Love the link.

History of Man comes to mind, it's so unbelievable,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

All my future posts from now on will be having exploding volanco's in them, somewhere, a subliminal message, a re-stimulation to run to orgs for help. :laugh:

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
I'm reposting this here:

It gets one to "reach" by promising a gain...even if it's a gain from a negative situation (one that is unwanted). This is the "come on"...the "reach". It threatens one with "withdraw" by threatening a loss. The "promise of gain, threat of loss" are pandering to the spiritual ego...the temporal, unfulfilled self. This makes Scientology NOT a close cousin of Buddhism that the GREAT and INEFFABLE Ron claims. It makes Scientology a pseudo-spiritual tool of a shallow spiritual truth seeker (Ron).

It's a sham that only collects crums (us). True aspirants probably see this right away and I used to think/believe that when Buddhist monks and such "discovered" Scientology it would sweep through those cultures like a storm.

That's because my head was thoroughly pushed up my ass with all that Ronsense.

This is the HAU = S triangle where "H" is for "Head", "A" is for "Ass" and "U" is for "Up" and this triangle equals "S" which is for "Scientologist". The further one's head is up their ass the more that one is a Scientologist. The simple act(s) of extricating a being's head from their ass is a direct index of the being leaving the cult and recovering from the state of being a Scientologist. This is called the HAUS and degree of being a Scientologist.

In order to assist beings with their duplication of this principle here's a quick illustration to compensate for any lack of mass:

head-up-ass.jpg

This is a picture of one Stu Pedd - a very thoroughly indoctrinated Scientologist who is 100% standard and on-purpose...furthering Command Intention (which, oddly enough, comes out to be "CI"...sort of like Opp Term comes out to be "OT"...that insouciant Ron!).