What's new

Scientology Staff and Public Caste Systems

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
By the time I left, I'd given up the fight of trying to fix things, apply policy - because it always works - as you know, play nice and 'grant beingness' to the foibles of those mortals
who just weren't applying scn. (I know, I know!!!- but that was then...) The screaming, the ignoring, the shunning, the lies, the back-stabbing, the desperate over-regging, the
stealing of public, the ripping-off of staff, the betrayals by staff members, the stat-pushing, the degrading, the yelling, the poor, unhappy, down-trodden, target-riddled staff-members....
that was all I saw any more. It was pitiful.

The poor sods were marched out at org and advanced org levels to look good. But they didn't. They looked tired, bedraggled, unhappy, over-exerted, exhausted, sickly and smiling
(as they were supposed to keep PR in.) I guess except when they were screaming.

By the time I left I sort of forgave everyone. I looked around and saw the misery that shouldn't have been, the game that should have been a happy one and wasn't, the reality that it
would never happen. I knew that the people who had most pissed me off, betrayed me, stomped on me, regged me, used me and or abused me just couldn't help themselves. The tek says an overt is
committed as an effort to solve a problem. Couldn't be more true in the cult. They are trying to solve this amazing problem. And they can't and never will. They are trapped.

Not that I give a rats .... about any of it now, but pts tek says a lot about problems and pts-ness. So, to the staff, sea org, osa even, the disgruntled, poor, washed-out, over-worked, unhappy,
smiling, basisc-selling miserable, please look just a little harder for the source of your problems....:duh: Aren't you just tired of it? Stop yelling, put your clip boards down and come on out and play. Life is good! Remember??

Boojuum

There was a lot of above/below me stuff in Scientology and it could get fairly complex.

As a staff member, you got busted enough so I didn't meet too many people who were immune to being scared of lower conditions. Virtually all staff had their tongues hanging out and getting reamed out was part of daily life.

I saw public occasionally treat staff like servants. They acted as though I was some helpless doofus who had no other choices in life but to do the menial work of a staff member.

At Flag, it seemed as though the status was quite military--you groveled or growled depending on whether you were over or under someone. I think LRH wanted the SO to resemble the extremely status-conscious US Navy.

Status, to me, seemed like a minor piece of the Scientology puzzle. Org staff and SO were typically deprived of so much in the way of food, clothing, health care, and the standard amenities of modern middle class living, it's no wonder that we were resentful of anyone having more altitude or freedom than us.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
In it's own sweet way scientology has made me a better person. We learn by our mistakes.

The good thing about all that status crap is that I had a good lesson. I do not look down or up at chamber maids in hotels, road cleaners, shop assistants psychiatrists, doctors or masters degree tutors, I acknowledge their presence and have a chat, if I have time. I had a good chat with a Somali alcoholic the other day, he was at rock bottom, but that was an intelligent young man who spoke seven languages and whose biggest regret was that his mother hated him now. I explained to him, as a parent, that a mother does not hate her son, she hates what he did to himself, if he cleans up he might earn his mother's love again. He really cheered up at that. He's addicted to cheap cider, I was addicted to a cult, I don't feel superior, I also had a mother who hated what I did to myself after all.

Now when we are talking about status and being at the bottom, what about the RPF!:omg:

The look of utter contempt on people's faces. We knew though that sooner or later those proud faces would be down drains covered in putrid mud themselves. Scientology the game where everyone looses in the end.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
By the time I left, I'd given up the fight of trying to fix things, apply policy - because it always works - as you know, play nice and 'grant beingness' to the foibles of those mortals
who just weren't applying scn. (I know, I know!!!- but that was then...) The screaming, the ignoring, the shunning, the lies, the back-stabbing, the desperate over-regging, the
stealing of public, the ripping-off of staff, the betrayals by staff members, the stat-pushing, the degrading, the yelling, the poor, unhappy, down-trodden, target-riddled staff-members....
that was all I saw any more. It was pitiful.

The poor sods were marched out at org and advanced org levels to look good. But they didn't. They looked tired, bedraggled, unhappy, over-exerted, exhausted, sickly and smiling
(as they were supposed to keep PR in.) I guess except when they were screaming.

By the time I left I sort of forgave everyone. I looked around and saw the misery that shouldn't have been, the game that should have been a happy one and wasn't, the reality that it
would never happen. I knew that the people who had most pissed me off, betrayed me, stomped on me, regged me, used me and or abused me just couldn't help themselves. The tek says an overt is
committed as an effort to solve a problem. Couldn't be more true in the cult. They are trying to solve this amazing problem. And they can't and never will. They are trapped.

Not that I give a rats .... about any of it now, but pts tek says a lot about problems and pts-ness. So, to the staff, sea org, osa even, the disgruntled, poor, washed-out, over-worked, unhappy,
smiling, basisc-selling miserable, please look just a little harder for the source of your problems....:duh: Aren't you just tired of it? Stop yelling, put your clip boards down and come on out and play. Life is good! Remember??
Yes, Arthur, I walked that same path and hope for that same awakening for all those still trapped.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
I joined staff in the early 80s in a PAC service org.

As a staff member in a Sea Org service org, I was smack in the middle of the food chain. Above org staff and mission staff and public, not to mention those despicable raw meat wogs. But below lower management and middle management and the hierarchy above that.

I have to say, I was really naïve in the beginning. I was Sea Org, right? In my silly little brain, I thought that meant that I was “on the same team” as everyone else in the Sea Org. We were shoulder to shoulder, working together for the purpose of freeing the world from the Reactive Mind.

A couple of years down the road, I was brought back down to earth with a major thud.

Like being-dropped-out-of-an-airplane-onto-a-concrete-lot major.

Long story; won’t bore you with the details. A guy from Int was in PAC on a project. A very senior guy. I was drafted to work on this project with him because of my specific skills.

We met. We connected. We fell in love.

I very quickly learned how peons were dealt with. His senior, a very senior messenger, called for my folders. She then briefed him on my “2D history”. (I won’t lie to you. I was kind of a wild one in my youth.)

I then have to answer his questions, this guy I just fell in love with, about the stuff in my auditing folder about my sex life previous to Scientology.

Just put yourself in my shoes. You love this guy, and you are now being questioned by him about stuff in your pc folder.

You can just imagine what it was like.

Amazingly, in spite of this, we hung in there for a little while. But, after a few months, it was over.

He had some big flap on post; it blew up. He was “handled” to break up from me. Since his involvement with low life scum was obviously his out ethics issue.

He was forced to come down to PAC to deal with me because I was so upset.

I said to him point blank: “I’m not good enough, for you, am I? This is really what all of this is about.”

He didn’t deny it.

So, yeah.

The caste system.

It does exist.
that very sad lulu, and it makes me ANGRY.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
well, when i was in my "freeloader years" trying to pay dean stokes back thousands of dollars for the priveledge of working for him 20 hours a day for nine months, i met a woman at my work that was on lines at the dallas mission. thinking back on it now,i didnt really want much to do with her, but she thought i was the greatest thing since slced bread and she eventually won me over with her weird staler brothers albums, amazing pasta sauce and beer. she must have thought i was awesome because i had been on staff and in scn. longer that her, or maybe i am just awesome;)

its only recently that i have realised probably why my sp declare was lifted and half my freeloader debt was forgiven is because dean was off in s.f. getting himself declared!

anyway, long story short i went to austin and joined staff there, fnd. with a day job. but jeanie kept up with me and eventually after i went to l.a. she joined me there and we became roomates. we were bff's.

what i didnt know about jeanie before that was she was absolutely stonkin' rich. i mean i did see her getting a lot of audting and it was a mystery to me how she afforded it as she did not even have a job. but shed always just say she saved up.

well, eventually she got onto solo nots and took her first trip to flag. when she came back i didnt really even recognise her ... it was all very distressing. she really didnt want to be friends with me anymore, she wanted to get her own place and the most devastaing part was she didnt even care about our five cats anymore. you'd just have to know how much she absolutely doted over and obsessed about those cats before.

well, so i find myself in the postion of having lost my best friend even though she was right there.
so she reallybecame one of those black haliburton emeter case people. i guess i had to come to terms that i was just some poor person who could barely pay for my next level and meet rent too so i wasnt in her league anymore.

i guess this goes on in the real world too, but come on ONE WEEK AT FLAG AND SHE WAS GONE. it was heartbreaking and terribly confusing. anything scientology ever gave me it took away twice as much.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
The other thing about the whole caste system was how you were immediately scum if you fell into lower conditions. Fuck me. Talk about shunning. Staff would throw each under the bus for their 'blow to the enemy'. Everyone knew you were in lowers as you'd be scrubbing the bathroom or running around looking for amends to do. Staff were encouraged to rat one another out... all that stuff in policy about KRs and such. I'll still never forget walking into the org one morning and seeing execs scrubbing a wall with toothbrushes. You weren't supposed to talk to those who were out-ethics. How freaking degrading was it to run around with your Liability formula in hand asking to be 'allowed back in the group' after working umpteen hours doing 'MEST work". It was fairly easy to be assigned lowers and I never quite figured out how scrubbing toilets ensured you would keep your stats up.

SirRalliart

Patron with Honors
Or, one of the greatest bullshit lies: Staff is an OT Level in itself. They really played that one hard in Cincinnati, then again, we had "SO Commanders" as our "execs."

So, here we all are working 104 hours per week and being told this BS and being made to sing that stupid make-it-go-right song every other muster. Yeah, we're OT now! Making it go right with no money and no food. Every once in a while, they (the ED) would buy a gallon tub of peanut butter and a couple cases of Tuna they got on sale at Sams cuz they felt sorry for us poor people making way, way less than minimum wage. Gotta put some food in the belly and get 'em back on those phones calling the "ARC Broken" scum to sell them Basics.

Of course, getting hot air pumped up my ass because I was considered an "exec" as being Snr C/S, I wouldn't eat that "free" food. That was for the lesser expeditor/Div 6 types. I guess I did play in the caste system some. I can't tell you how many times I heard terrible things said about the "pubic." Disgusting people - mostly I'm referring to SO people and missionaires that happened by, and our "execs" who never let us forget that they were SO and deserved major respect. It's really bad at Flag - hell, I loved my time at St Hill, had a great time, then the Flag bozos dogged it big time, not to mention dogging my own org. Made me feel like I must've been living in a bubble while I was there - I always "cognited" that I had an "ethics blind spot", which seemed to satisfy those wierdos called MAAs.

I guess I hit the OT end phenomena of the "Staff OT Level" and got the hell out of scientology...before getting Cancer or COPD.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
The other thing about the whole caste system was how you were immediately scum if you fell into lower conditions. Fuck me. Talk about shunning. Staff would throw each under the bus for their 'blow to the enemy'. Everyone knew you were in lowers as you'd be scrubbing the bathroom or running around looking for amends to do. Staff were encouraged to rat one another out... all that stuff in policy about KRs and such. I'll still never forget walking into the org one morning and seeing execs scrubbing a wall with toothbrushes. You weren't supposed to talk to those who were out-ethics. How freaking degrading was it to run around with your Liability formula in hand asking to be 'allowed back in the group' after working umpteen hours doing 'MEST work". It was fairly easy to be assigned lowers and I never quite figured out how scrubbing toilets ensured you would keep your stats up.
and how you would be pulled out of lowers (magically somehow if they needed you) and polished up, given a good meal and if there was enough time (which was almost never) you could get 8 hours sleep to be sent out on a PR mission. you know, I don't really regret any of this deep down, but what sets me off is thinking about others being put through this. heh, others to others is a flow they could never clear me of.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Yesterday, I was in a business meeting of 20 people. Everyone there had a degree or two or three. They're all respected "professionals."

Then some lovely, nicely dressed woman someone said, "When someone asks me to do crap like that, I just tell them I don't do that crap and that they need to find a drone to do it. I'm not a drone. We've got drones to do that stuff."

I literally came up out of my chair and said, "I completely object to what you just said. If you've got a specific role to play, that's fine. But you don't have to call anyone on our team a drone. Everyone on this team plays a valuable role, and no one is a drone. Or a peon. Or a slave. They're all our team members."

Pffft!

I think I scared her half to death. Maybe I was channeling the people on this thread.

TG1

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Yesterday, I was in a business meeting of 20 people. Everyone there had a degree or two or three. They're all respected "professionals."

Then some lovely, nicely dressed woman someone said, "When someone asks me to do crap like that, I just tell them I don't do that crap and that they need to find a drone to do it. I'm not a drone. We've got drones to do that stuff."

I literally came up out of my chair and said, "I completely object to what you just said. If you've got a specific role to play, that's fine. But you don't have to call anyone on our team a drone. Everyone on this team plays a valuable role, and no one is a drone. Or a peon. Or a slave. They're all our team members."

Pffft!

I think I scared her half to death. Maybe I was channeling the people on this thread.

TG1

Unfortunately, it's not just Scientology.

There are a lot of people in the world who feel that way.

I live and work in the South.

Many people are nice and charming and friendly...

....but you really do get when you've worked for/with them for a while...

...their ancestors owned slaves.

Arthur Dent

Pffft!

TG1

Whoa, Nellie!! That could be scary! Channeling us in your meeting! Or fun. I'll bet she'll never call anyone a drone again! Maybe she was moonlighting there and is also on staff!

Gib

Crusader
and how you would be pulled out of lowers (magically somehow if they needed you) and polished up, given a good meal and if there was enough time (which was almost never) you could get 8 hours sleep to be sent out on a
. you know, I don't really regret any of this deep down, but what sets me off is thinking about others being put through this. heh, others to others is a flow they could never clear me of.

= hard sell mission = keeping scientology working. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Boy, wus we duped

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Red Valiant

Patron with Honors
An ESMB friend and I were talking recently about back the day when we were living in the World of Scientology. She was Sea Org, and I was public.

While we were chatting, she said that when she was staff she “never liked public.” She went on to say that “... and if you think staff didn’t like public, you should know that management despised public.”

Then she told me stories about how she’d been abused by Sea Org members assigned to orgs higher than hers and how she still felt the sting of how she'd been treated back then.

Since Scientology was a group devoted to creating a new human species, it was amusing to talk so openly with someone about how some homo novuses were more novo than others.

How did others here – both staff and public – view the pecking order in Scientology when you were inside the cult?

Did most / all staff not like / hate / despise public?

What did public think of staff / SO?

Come on -- let’s tell the truth about what we really thought about each other.

TG1

I can really relate to this inquiry. You get a VWD X 1000 TG1! :)

For years now I've been equally curious as to real thoughts of those who are now in the ~criticdom~ arena, and may have self importance issues because they were cult staffers or worse, rose to a higher level of Da Bridge... not to mention wearing faux navy uniforms.

I was a public but married to a volunteer staffer. It turned south eventually with horrible results.

I hope many of Patty Moher's and Emma's ESMB friends will weigh in here too. It has vast potential to glean from those who actually believed the master race Hubb's tried to create, and failed.

Again thanks TG1. You are on target 100%
:happydance: tp

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I can really relate to this inquiry. You get a VWD X 1000 TG1! :)

For years now I've been equally curious as to real thoughts of those who are now in the ~criticdom~ arena, and may have self importance issues because they were cult staffers or worse, rose to a higher level of Da Bridge... not to mention wearing faux navy uniforms.

I was a public but married to a volunteer staffer. It turned south eventually with horrible results.

I hope many of Patty Moher's and Emma's ESMB friends will weigh in here too. It has vast potential to glean from those who actually believed the master race Hubb's tried to create, and failed.

Again thanks TG1. You are on target 100%
:happydance: tp

Tom you seem quite fascinated with Patty. Do you have a secret crush on her?

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Tom you seem quite fascinated with Patty. Do you have a secret crush on her?

stalking+shirt.bmp