ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Scientology Sydney puffs out its chest

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by supafreak, Aug 12, 2009.

1. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Yeah, some truth there, Zinj. Mocking them for serving Hubbard I can see, but mocking them for being poor is another story. Poverty isn't funny.

2. supafreak

supafreak Patron Meritorious

Oh, OK. That's good to know. I hope the people in AOSH actually received their goodies. :)

3. Outethicsofficer

Outethicsofficer Silver Meritorious Patron

Right down to toilet paper.

I recall not long after the AO moved to Greek St, Glebe. Toilet paper was running low, I mean, we were down to using a bus ticket to wipe it with:moon: (yes it is possible, PM me if you want to know how), a couple of well meaning public decided to buy some and put it in the toilets. The lads were given a bit of biffo for that, how dare they infer by their actions the SO couldn't take care of their own, it was also considered they were on some sort of propitiative gig and their o/ws were asked for!!!!:omg:

I think they just got tired of wiping their arses with their course material, actually looking at it now that was a better use for them.:lol:

Crazy shit...pun intended.:whistling:

James

4. Shredder

Shredder Patron with Honors

You have summed it up accurately Panda - re external influences.

Interestingly I read that SO children who were troublesome (ie wondering where all the love went?) were also considered 'external influences'.

As ANZO Cont Landlord circa 1989 and CLO ANZO Estates Chief around 1992 - with two or three other staff members holding all the Estates Posts - I also held the other posts of cook, nanny and transport driver at various times. As a nanny, I saw what it was like from the children's viewpoint too.

5. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

Many Scientologists are already embarresed for being envolved in what Scientology does. So pointing out the obvious works great.:thumbsup:

6. Happy Days

Happy Days Silver Meritorious Patron

Nah ... that would be an external influence ..... :coolwink:

7. anonymous1312

anonymous1312 Patron with Honors

We decided against such activities as we figured the scilons would presume food gifts to be poisoned thanks to their paranoia; then our paranoia kicked in and we didn't put it past them to poison it and report it as an attempt to poison them. Sad really.

8. Royal Prince Xenu

Royal Prince Xenu Trust the Psi Corps.

Perhaps, as an action of goodwill alone, we should assign someone with enough financial skills to keep the accounts seperate and we could all contribute towards one of those hampers that are delivered by Christmas Hamper companies: One for each org, one for AOSH, one for CLO etc.

That way, it's a present from the exes, but as none of us has actually handled any of the foodstuffs, if something was reported as "poisoned" it could not be our doing.

If there's no note, and no information regarding from whom, then "outside influences" becomes a very weak argument, and we know that we are showing those people who go in a slave on Christmas Day, that we remember what it was like, and hopefully the package alone will say, "Hey! There's a whole world out here of people who actually care!"