Scientology: The business of believing 1/3

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi Free to Shine,

Very informative and interesting videos.

Its difficult to comment on Psychiatry, i have seen two Psychiatrists in my life time, both as a child, both times i refused to co operate due to my mis informed childhood in Scientology. On reflection - both men were very nice and only wanted to get to the root of my problems. Unfortunate that i did not see it that way at the time.If i had a choice now as to whether or not to see a Psychiatrist or a Scientologist(auditing) i would opt for Psychiatry although i didn't like the look of all those electrodes attached to that mans head.

Interesting statement -the E-meter cannot be lied to- It can.

I don't remember the full details but;

EO: "Why are you going on leave"

Me: to get an education and become a better Sea Org member

Don't know what the needle did, but

EO: "i'll repeat that question," "why are you going on Leave?"

Me:to get an education and become a better Sea Org member

At this point i'm thinking i'm not gonna get away.

EO: "Do you have any bad thoughts about L.Ron Hubbard?"

Me: No

EO: "I'll repeat that question" "Do you have any bad thoughts about L. Ron Hubbard?"

Me: No

I have a feeling that question was covered several times, trying to say "No" when you mean the opposite is not easy when you think the E-meter can tell if you are lying. It was such a relief to find that the E-meter can be lied to.
If anything it posed more questions than answers, like if kids can realise the meter can be lied to, what about adults?

The whole sec check covered loads of questions like, had i stolen anything, had i lied about anything,did i intend to come back,Did i have any bad thoughts about MSH or Scientology. The whole thing lasted about 3/4 of an hour or so.I'm sure my needle was floating because i had just found out the e-meter/god was not the fearsome "i can read your mind" thing that i had thought it was.

I'm really glad that Germany has taken a stand in looking into Scientology, that poor woman and her daughter.Thought it was interesting she thought Scientology thinks of children like a handbag.From my own experience and some other kids, i would liken it more to a suitcase.

Good one FTS!
Sharon

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
Being against the Church of Scientology practices does not mean that I have to swing over and go RA RA for psychiatric practices. I personally find their practices disgusting at least, although I am not going to get on the CCHR bandwagon and froth at the mouth about psychiatrists.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Being against the Church of Scientology practices does not mean that I have to swing over and go RA RA for psychiatric practices. I personally find their practices disgusting at least, although I am not going to get on the CCHR bandwagon and froth at the mouth about psychiatrists.

I agree.

However the rest of the documentary was good. :)