What's new

Scientology - This Lifetime because...?

guanoloco

As-Wased
Dear DChoice,

Initial response to your post: :hysterical::hysterical:.
Secondary response: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thank you. :biggrin:

With all due respect...

1. Used Silly-Putty instead of modeling clay; (<---how 'out-tech' am I?)
2. Reread post #7 out loud for my word clearer;(<---aka housemate)
3. Debated the words "here" and "now" with word clearer; (<----aka housemate who used fly swatter twice. Ouchie x 2.)
4. Agreed "here" was flexible since hubbard did flit about quite often; (<----dodging subpoenas, responsibilities, consequences...)
5. Agreed "now" was flexible since hubbard used that word at multiple times; (<----took another fly swatter swat for that, btw.)
6. Decided the word "and" was unisex; (<---- don't ask. housemate's a word-nerd.)

7. Resolved: The literal meaning of the commonplace phrase "here and now" cannot have been what hubbard intended - both 'here' and 'now' changed often enough from the 50's to '86 while he used that phrase -- repeating his core messages/'teachings' often enough in different locales and at different times. Thus, it seems more likely hubbard meant it in an everyday sense.

So?

The problem is, when asked, "Which here? Which now?" there doesn't appear to be an answer to either question that a scientologist can readily point to with confidence.

The aims/goals of scientology are written all over the place -- where's the material that states when the aims/goals have to happen? Why this lifetime and not another? :confused2:

JB.

Good questions. As for the public and the Bridge to Total Fiefdom there's the no- interference reference and there's KSW and there's the reference on how long it takes to do the Bridge that lays out each Grade and OT level.

For staff there's all sorts of "we have this slim chance don't flub it" peppered all throughout the HCOPLs and HCOBs...5 years to the end of the planet and racing against nuclear disaster and the dwindling spiral and Earth the graveyard prison planet and we're sent here to die all full of amnesia and pain and if you looked for Hell and found Earth it would certainly substitute.

It goes on always with a NOW! NOW! NOW!

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Plus I'd say, you need paying public and I'm one of those.

I think that's what kept me off staff in at least one case.

I wanted to join, but they wouldn't have me. They did like the fact that I kept giving them money, however.

Need I say it? They did me a favour by not letting me join staff.

Helena

guanoloco

As-Wased
In the Know to Mystery scale or something like that we're taught in proper Rontext that Wait is low and all fucked up, it's below Eat and Sex and all that.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
In the Know to Mystery scale or something like that we're taught in proper Rontext that Wait is low and all fucked up, it's below Eat and Sex and all that.

Thanks, Guanoloco. :thumbsup:

Still haven't found a specific reference re: post #1 -- but sure have reviewed a TON of info which supports hubbard's "hurry!-hurry!-HURRY!!" policy included in much of the 'tech'. (The old adage, "haste makes waste" escaped hubbard's notice? :coolwink:)

Can't help but wonder what specific reference a current member of Co$/scientologist would point to which would explain why this lifetime and not another lifetime. Sigh.

JB.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Would someone be able to point me to a thread/post/site that describes why the stated goals/aims of scientology* are to be completed in this lifetime?

(*Whether as stated by hubbard or miscavige.)

Thanks,

JB.

Ya know JBwrite, I got a thinkin today while I was at work, (I do that sometimes) and thought...maybe JBW just made that up..:unsure: where and when did that enter your mind JBW ?
lifetime ????hmm? aims to be achieved this lifetime??? yah, where DID that come from.

just sayin

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Ya know JBwrite, I got a thinkin today while I was at work, (I do that sometimes) and thought...maybe JBW just made that up..:unsure: 1. where and when did that enter your mind JBW ?
2. lifetime ????hmm? aims to be achieved this lifetime??? 3. yah, where DID that come from.

just sayin

Dear DChoice,

(Hope you don't mind that I numbered the questions above. :))

1A: Where/when -- Began reading here and at a number of other sites in November 2012 and learned, within the first few days, that scientology embraced the idea of multiple lives. I'd not known that before.

2A: Lifetime/aims -- The goals/aims are repeatedly stated (clear the planet/section of the galaxy, a world w/out crime, insanity, etc., expand-expand-expand/ideal org program, and so forth) but there didn't seem to be a target date associated with the goals/aims.

3A: Where did ____ come from? <----Where did the question come from - is that what you mean? The question came from an inability to find information about when all/some of the goals/aims were to be achieved.

Here's a theology that provides information about multiple lives and multiple time avenues to, essentially, live two (or twenty) lives simultaneously despite overlapping on a single time track, and it just occurred to me that this lifetime must be extra important if the rest is true. The goals/aims are specified, consistently shown, repeated in much of the material, yes? So...I just haven't found the material that says when these goals/aims are to be achieved.

I haven't made anything up, lol, I'm not that creative.

JB.