What's new

Scientology Tried To Have Wikipedia ‘THE HOLE’ Deleted

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
http://www.examiner.com/article/scientology-tries-to-have-wikipedia-the-hole-deleted?cid=db_articles

(excerpt)

With over 105,000 page views in only three days, Scientology appears to be engaged in an Edit war to have 'The Hole' web page removed from Wikipedia.

The facility known as the Hole is located on the Church of Scientology's Gold Base, built on the site of a resort called Gilman Hot Springs to the north of the Californian town of Hemet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hole_(Scientology)

The Rehabilitation Project Force (RPF) a notorious Scientology prison camp has been the focus of countless media stories in recent years.

Scientology took issue with ‘The Hole’ Wikipedia web page and tried to have it deleted, insisting “…the topic of human trafficking be discussed and that perhaps the classification may not be justified strongly enough to include Scientology's "Hole" in that classification…”

The deletion was contested, stating:

“Point being that there is no question whether or not Scientology commits human trafficking, it has been established previously in criminal and civil cases, one of the most notable being in Madrid where 69 people were indicted for numerous charges including human trafficking. Enough documented evidence exists to warrant this article's classification as including human trafficking; we want articles to be as accurate, non-biased, and as inclusive as reasonable, so the classification is warranted.”

With the number of page views, ‘The Hole’ definitely is of interest to many readers and it appears the page is there to stay.

Unfortunately, Scientology's prison camp remains a horrible memory and nightmares for many.

David Edgar Love

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, whoever failed at getting that reference deleted is going to end up in the RPF/Hole . . . :yes:

:scnsucks:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, whoever failed at getting that reference deleted is going to end up in the Hole . . . :yes:

Oh the irony. :laugh:
:scnsucks:

RogerB

Crusader
Interestingly, they just created more footbullets for themselves by doing their noisy protest thing . . . . look at all the attention to what they DO NOT WANT to have attention directed onto that they've created.

Yum, yum, I love it when these dunces so badly screw up. :yes:

Rog

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

apple

Patron Meritorious
There are some questions that I have;
Who are these guards?
Are they huge, intimidating people with weapons? What is their motivation? Why?
When there are 50 or 60 people being abused like this WTF they cant talk between themselves and say this is bullshit and have a riot and overtake the guards?
Or are they so mentally ill that they cannot function in any normal way?
When DM beats the people, they dont fight back? Or does DM have his thug support there to protect him in case someone does?
The thug support for DM what rewards do they get for being thugs?

FinallyMe

Silver Meritorious Patron
Apple, I know nothing about you or your experiences, but to me your posting is very hurtful and indicates a lack of understanding. Have you done any research into the effects of abuse (physical & mental), brainwashing, Stockholm Syndrome, and people with all kinds of issues doing what they feel they must to survive?

To me, your questions are on a par with asking a person diagnosed with major depression why they don't just find new friends. I don't mean to accuse here, but I feel that it should be pointed out that people are all different, have different experiences and respond to situations differently.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Looks like things might settle down for a while now that Wikipedia contributor NestleNW911 has been topic-banned for a year from making edits to Scientology articles. The write up of the that user's appeal against the topic-ban also makes for interested reading. Still, keeping the Scilons at bay on Wikipedia is like playing whack-a-mole.

EPIC work by all involved in keeping the article neutral, accurate and popular.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Who are these guards?
When there are 50 or 60 people being abused like this WTF they cant talk between themselves and say this is bullshit and have a riot and overtake the guards?
When DM beats the people, they dont fight back? Or does DM have his thug support there to protect him in case someone does?

Your questions are natural ones but you probably need to lurk moar and learn.

"When DM beats people why do they not fight back?"

Let me address that one because it is simpler than some of the others. Let's say DM walks into a room with a couple of followers in tow - they don't have to be guards - he comes up to you and just slaps you right across the chops. What do you do? A friend of mine had exactly that happen to him, The first thing is that people who are non-violent are very very slow to react to a violent attack. Like most people my friend just stood there and, as he said, "I just didn't know what to do", Then he got mad but what held him back was the sure knowledge that if he attacked the Demented Midget he would be arrested and there would be three people who would swear that he attacked the twerp.

Why would the two standers by do that? Because they are scientologists and think that they need to defend DM.

"overpower the guards" - well I am not even sure if there are guards in the usual sense of the word - but the reason why they don't overpower them is the same reason why they went there in the first place. They think that they have fucked up and are afraid of being denied "eternity" or afraid of losing everything they have worked for. Most of them have been in the SO for decades they have very little contact with anyone outside of it and very few resources to call on.

I have a very good friend stuck in that fucking pit - if he were to call me, I would be on the road in hours on my way to pick him up - even if I had to drive through the front gates. But I know that he won't.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Who are these guards?

The physical aspect is not that really big a deal. The violence Scientology perpetuates upon its own is a mental violence. Such is the effect of indoctrination, training, Auditing and milieu control, the true-blue KoolAid guzzlers that end up in senior executive positions are convinced that their very existence as spiritual beings depends on their relationship to Scientology. In their minds, physical abuse and emotional degradation are "pulled in" by their own actions and thoughts. Getting a beating, going hungry, losing family, enduring failing health and all other manner of human, and thus aberated, suffering are minor considerations when compared with spiritual eternity and the future of all mankind. To those trapped in The Hole, they are borderline degraded beings to have pulled in such circumstances and David Miscavige is doing them a favour by keeping them "in the game" rather than ejecting them from the group. As Lawrence Wright so succinctly described it, the people in The Hole are trapped in the "Prison of Belief", which is the last stop on the Bridge to Xenu.

apple

Patron Meritorious
Apple, I know nothing about you or your experiences, but to me your posting is very hurtful and indicates a lack of understanding. Have you done any research into the effects of abuse (physical & mental), brainwashing, Stockholm Syndrome, and people with all kinds of issues doing what they feel they must to survive?

To me, your questions are on a par with asking a person diagnosed with major depression why they don't just find new friends. I don't mean to accuse here, but I feel that it should be pointed out that people are all different, have different experiences and respond to situations differently.

My apology to you if my posting hurt you. Its been a long time since I have been involved with Scientology and it has become so foreign to me that I forgot how it is to be involved with it. Now that I recall I could understand the mindset of the people in. After I posted I thought , hey I sort of get it. I have never been in the Hole and never in the Sea Org, only involved with small organizations but I can understand the Sea Org mentality on a smaller scale. When guards were mentioned, my impression was big tough guys standing around to keep people in line. When reading about the Hole I get the impression of old russian prison camps, (they do have razor wire and security cameras), so they may have tough enforcers. But I guess the true enforcers are the people themselves on themselves. I am curious and just asking.

apple

Patron Meritorious
Your questions are natural ones but you probably need to lurk moar and learn.

"When DM beats people why do they not fight back?"

Let me address that one because it is simpler than some of the others. Let's say DM walks into a room with a couple of followers in tow - they don't have to be guards - he comes up to you and just slaps you right across the chops. What do you do? A friend of mine had exactly that happen to him, The first thing is that people who are non-violent are very very slow to react to a violent attack. Like most people my friend just stood there and, as he said, "I just didn't know what to do", Then he got mad but what held him back was the sure knowledge that if he attacked the Demented Midget he would be arrested and there would be three people who would swear that he attacked the twerp.

Why would the two standers by do that? Because they are scientologists and think that they need to defend DM.

"overpower the guards" - well I am not even sure if there are guards in the usual sense of the word - but the reason why they don't overpower them is the same reason why they went there in the first place. They think that they have fucked up and are afraid of being denied "eternity" or afraid of losing everything they have worked for. Most of them have been in the SO for decades they have very little contact with anyone outside of it and very few resources to call on.

I have a very good friend stuck in that fucking pit - if he were to call me, I would be on the road in hours on my way to pick him up - even if I had to drive through the front gates. But I know that he won't.

Thank you, you have explained it perfectly.