Scientology video: Some of the best L. Ron Hubbard word salad ever

Cattack

Patron
Firstly, I'm no big being or freezoner and what Hubbard's saying may contain the exact type of ambiguity that one can super-impose any interpretation onto just like song lyrics, poetry, or scriptures... With that said, I'll take a shot at it...

Here's what he said:

"Scientology 8-8008 is named Scientology 8-8008 because it is the roadmap of a process. And it says the attainment of infinity by the reduction of the MEST universe, apparency of the MEST universe, is infinity to zero. And the increase of one’s own apparent zero to an infinity of his own universe."

First off, I think it might be a kind of obvious.

Is he not just saying that you lower your perception of the value you place on the external physical world and increase the value you place on a spiritual perception instead. Isn't that what Christians, Muslims, and other various world religions do?

Hubbard just seems to try and communicate this idea in his own usual and bizarre style that's what makes it sound cryptic and non-sensical.

Like I said, maybe it's gibberish, but that's just my interpretation.

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
What was Hubbard reading in 1952 when he wrote that?

Firstly, I'm no big being or freezoner and what Hubbard's saying may contain the exact type of ambiguity that one can super-impose any interpretation onto just like song lyrics, poetry, or scriptures... With that said, I'll take a shot at it...

Here's what he said:

"Scientology 8-8008 is named Scientology 8-8008 because it is the roadmap of a process. And it says the attainment of infinity by the reduction of the MEST universe, apparency of the MEST universe, is infinity to zero. And the increase of one’s own apparent zero to an infinity of his own universe."

Is he not just saying that you lower your perception of the value you place on the external physical world and increase the value you place on a spiritual perception instead. Isn't that what Christians, Muslims, and other various world religions do?

Hubbard just seems to try and communicate this idea in his own usual and bizarre style that's what makes it sound cryptic and non-sensical.

crowley%2Bportrait.png

"The Great Work
is the raising of the whole man
to the power of infinity."

From 'Magick in Theory and Practice' by Aleister Crowley

26647.jpg

It's not really "spiritual" as most people would think of it. It's more like the ultimate ego trip.

Anonycat

Crusader

Here's what he said:

I'm pretty sure it's gibberish, or he would have come out and said something. Like, focus on the spiritual, not the material world. He sounded very high, too. Also, he loved his magick; numerology and talismans. It almost appears he came up with '8-8008' first and then tried to think of something to give that title to.

Anonycat

Crusader
What was Hubbard reading in 1952 when he wrote that?

crowley%2Bportrait.png

"The Great Work
is the raising of the whole man
to the power of infinity."

From 'Magick in Theory and Practice' by Aleister Crowley

26647.jpg

It's not really "spiritual" as most people would think of it. It's more like the ultimate ego trip.

We posted at the same time, or I would have said: ^^^ Yes, this.

I just took a look at the book you quoted, and interestingly, it was about numerology! Let the pdf load and do a word search for Infinity, and you'll see it.

http://hermetic.com/93beast.fea.st/files/section1/ABA/Book 4 Part III MiTaP.pdf

namaste

Silver Meritorious Patron
I don't understand the problem -- A force is a force of course, of course.

I'll probably get criticized for saying this but, what I see in this vid is that LRH is referencing a valid point, which I know better from Buddhism as one of the 12 principles of karma and that is, "What you resist persists for you." This has been a very big lesson in my own life and one that I am still working on. Learned it elsewhere than Scientology and for less than twenty bucks though.

Say what you want to about ol' Elron but he did know some things IMHO. It's really too bad that he was so incapable of working with others. (Ego trip is right.)

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't understand the problem -- A force is a force of course, of course.

I'll probably get criticized for saying this but, what I see in this vid is that LRH is referencing a valid point, which I know better from Buddhism as one of the 12 principles of karma and that is, "What you resist persists for you." This has been a very big lesson in my own life and one that I am still working on. Learned it elsewhere than Scientology and for less than twenty bucks though.

Say what you want to about ol' Elron but he did know some things IMHO. It's really too bad that he was so incapable of working with others. (Ego trip is right.)

True, and as for 8008, "the attainment of infinity by the reduction of the MEST universe, apparency of the MEST universe, is infinity to zero. And the increase of one’s own apparent zero to an infinity of his own universe," it's pretty much the same thing as I remember doing in my Aikido clases (a few years ago now!) in order to make my "one point".

"First of all gather in the universe and compress it to a point, and then hold that point in your centre of gravity; and then, expand your own universe out from that point in order to fill the space."

Shelley mentions a similar thing in one of his poems IIRC.

I like 8008; it's one of my favourites of Ron's books. OK, maybe it is basically regurgitated Crowley but I never had Crowley to read (or at least not much) and what I did try to read I found pretty much impenetrable appart from his astrological writings (which I liked) and his "Little essays towards truth."

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
There it is again! - The main goal and purpose of Scientology is to 'Back out of the Universe'!

Wouldn't bother me none if they all gained the ability and actually did it!

:duh:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here we are, it's a chapter from Shelley's "Adonais";

XLVII
415 Who mourns for Adonais? Oh, come forth,
416 Fond wretch! and know thyself and him aright.
417 Clasp with thy panting soul the pendulous Earth;
418 As from a centre, dart thy spirit's light
419 Beyond all worlds, until its spacious might
420 Satiate the void circumference: then shrink
421 Even to a point within our day and night;

422 And keep thy heart light lest it make thee sink
423When hope has kindled hope, and lur'd thee to the brink.

http://rpo.library.utoronto.ca/poems/adonais-elegy-death-john-keats

Incidentally, I have Mick Jagger to thank for my knowing about this poem; he read a couple of verses of it at a Stones concert in London in 1969 (as part of a tribute to Brian Jones, who had recently died).

I wasn't there at the time (I was too young, for one thing), but I wish I had been.

Last edited:

Anonycat

Crusader
Get your Crowley here! hermetic.com/93beast.fea.st/files/section1/ABA/Book%204%20Part%20III%20MiTaP.pdf (< cut and paste in browser)

You'll see that Crowley explains how to become a magician. In one part, he tells the reader an example situation. You're a man who wants a woman that is in love with someone else. It goes through the steps, which include basically appealing to her spirit, and changing the situation that way. Then she gets turned-off with her present romance and is open to you. Then, he takes the example to the next step. You got the woman, but now you've tired of her. The Golden Rule explains that we are connected, so to kill someone also does you in, in a way. But Saturn does not care about such trivialities. Just as Venus was used in acquiring her.

So right - Hubbard felt that simple opposition was not the way. Crowley even explains the way magic is used in everyday, modern situations. Rituals, Familiar Spirits, and so on. There are steps that must be taken.

i didn't have any problem with it when i read it in 1971 while living with the scientologically inclined at pierce street house after taking the Comm Course

john reguerra

Patron with Honors
http://tonyortega.org/2014/02/13/scientology-video-some-of-the-best-l-ron-hubbard-word-salad-ever/ Any of the Big Beings from the Freezone care to explain what numbnuts was trying to say here?
Hey Chuck!! It is a long video. That video has been edited by our “best friend” . If you listen to LRH original tape real to real or an original video you notice that the voice is not LRH. So if you want to know what he is saying. Your only bet is to ask DM what he means.