ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Scientology widening recruitment in Ireland to people in Irish-speaking areas

Discussion in 'Europe' started by CommunicatorIC, Sep 1, 2016.

1. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

Welsh people include Billy Boyd who played Peregrin Took in Lord of the Rings and Ross Noble.

Pretty sure that answers your question.

2. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

:wink:

3. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

I'll leave you and Bobby to discuss that..... :giggle:

4. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

I love Ross Noble but I'm pretty sure he's a dyed in the wool Geordie (from Newcastle upon Tyne in ... England).

:bricks:

5. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

Ey up! My great grandma was from there.

And I could never understand a word she said..... :no:

6. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

Oh yeah you're right.

7. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

they had a major reg-fest to buy some vowels but ..

.. oh well, dave drank it.

8. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

I've only heard him speak on the radio but he's clearly got a Geordie accent.

9. Cat's Squirrel

Or Cornish? Manx?

10. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Liverpudlian even? :biggrin:

BTW, yeah, Ross Noble's a Geordie allreet, a really funny fucker. I love the geordie accent as much as I hate the scouse one.

11. Bost_Bobby

Bost_Bobby Patron with Honors

Let's not forget, "It's Not Unusual,Tom Jones.

Ha! Let's just see them try to put up an Org in Liverpool.

12. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

13. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

Lol, and there's me a thinkin' he's a pommie bastard.... :biggrin:

14. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Being a geordie doesn't preclude one from being a pom mate. :biggrin:

15. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

16. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

I still don't understand this. The official language of Ireland is English. Only about a third of the population speak Gaelic, and of those that do, I would guess all also speak English.

The only thing I can think of is either a weird money-laundering op, or a way to disseminate to the translators. But they would need to PAY the translators.

17. Cat's Squirrel

Just a guess; if they can translate it into more languages than the literature of any other religion, it'd be good PR (though I doubt they'll be able to beat the Bible). The object of the exercise for Miscavige seems to be to get as many donations as possible from the 'whales,' and having LRH's works translated into a large number of languages would help to at least foster the illusion that Scn is expanding.

18. renegade

renegade Silver Meritorious Patron

Speaking about translations, does anyone know about the older edition books that were translated before the basics?

Were there new translated books for them or were their books thrown out with no replacements?

19. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

All of those things may be true, but I know something else is true.

It is a stat for DM to announce at events. He regularly announces the number of languages into which LRH Tech has been translated.

Another way DM "proves" that Scientology is "expanding" is, in addition to announcing the new, Ideal (empty) buildings and new, Ideal (empty) floor space, to announce how many languages into which LRH Tech has been translated. It is a major "win" announced at events.

It doesn't matter if the translation doesn't make any economic sense. It doesn't matter that the people who speak the new language also speak, and perhaps primarily speak, English. What matters is that it is a stat showing "expansion."

I fully expect coming DM announcements that LRH Tech has been translated into Lombard, Languedocian, Mahasui and Magar, among others.

20. Out/Int

Out/Int Patron with Honors

There is no need for Gaelic in Ireland. I am from the Country and travel there every year.

This is some spin the Co$ is running. It is always a weird money - laundering op - ALWAYS! It's Scientology.