What's new

Scientology "WORKS" a very unscientific benchmark.

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
It is easy to to fool the uneducated with a slogan like "Scientology Works"

"WORKS" is such a subjective term. You can say it always works or it never works or somewhere in between. That is why Hubbard used it. The uneducated can easily repeat such a simple slogan.

According to a Scientologist if it works even a little then it "works." To look at what didn't work would be nattering.

Also to a Scientologist if psychology didn't work, even little, then it didn't work at all.

My old piece of junk car "works" because it got me to where I wanted to go. But it didn't "work" because I had to start it 9 times and repair it 11 times before it did "work".

And because my car did "work" to some extent doesn't mean it will work the next time or that some other car may work better or eventually there may be a whole new mode of transportation.

Hubbard was so sly, he was a master of illusion and twisting words and definitions.

The idea "Scientology Works" is a slogan but he called it a scientific measuring stick.

WHAT ARE YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH THIS?

All Hail Xenu

Smilla

Ordinary Human
It is easy to to fool the uneducated with a slogan like "Scientology Works"

"WORKS" is such a subjective term. You can say it always works or it never works or somewhere in between. That is why Hubbard used it. The uneducated can easily repeat such a simple slogan.

According to a Scientologist if it works even a little then it "works." To look at what didn't work would be nattering.

Also to a Scientologist if psychology didn't work, even little, then it didn't work at all.

My old piece of junk car "works" because it got me to where I wanted to go. But it didn't "work" because I had to start it 9 times and repair it 11 times before it did "work".

And because my car did "work" to some extent doesn't mean it will work the next time or that some other car may work better or eventually there may be a whole new mode of transportation.

Hubbard was so sly, he was a master of illusion and twisting words and definitions.

The idea "Scientology Works" is a slogan but he called it a scientific measuring stick.

WHAT ARE YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH THIS?

All Hail Xenu

And never forget that when it doesn't work it's YOUR fault, never Hubbard's.

... Hubbard was so sly, he was a master of illusion and twisting words and definitions. ...

Hardly. :eyeroll:

He was actually not a particularly good prevaricator. Most of his misrepresentations are quite blatant and gain such force as they possess from his obvious bluster. He clearly relied principally on his ability to charm people by the force of his personality in order to have his misrepresentations accepted by others. People believed what lrh said because they were drawn to his personna, not because his misrepresentations were seen to make sense.

There are many individuals who have been skilled at slyness & misdirection through misrepresentation. Hubbard was not among them. He relied on the force of his personal charisma to sway others, not cleverness.

Mark A. Baker

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
^^^ Face the facts, he was a bullshit artist, charisma or not. He played people like fiddles and gave them what they wanted to hear with only the barest hint of altruistic motive (because it was just a giant con-job).

I wish the Old Windbag was buried in a grave, but for this life I will be happy just pissing in the ocean...

:happydance: :happydance:

GreyLensman

^^^ Face the facts, he was a bullshit artist, charisma or not. He played people like fiddles and gave them what they wanted to hear with only the barest hint of altruistic motive (because it was just a giant con-job).

I wish the Old Windbag was buried in a grave, but for this life I will be happy just pissing in the ocean...

:happydance: :happydance:

I will think of this next time I am in Santa Barbara and make certain to.

^^^ Face the facts, he was a bullshit artist, charisma or not. ...

B.S.?: yes. :yes:

Art?: no. :no:

There was nothing clever or artful in the lies he sold to others. Those who believed wanted to believe, either because of their own hopes or because of the personna he projected.

Mark A. Baker

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology has a few things that work - in the beginning! Then it turns into a complete spin! I found that most of what works is "cut and paste" from other philosophers.

Scientology works as long as you spend tons of money, go in debt, get spun in, destroy your life, go bankrupt - you may stay in for years and years convincing yourself it works - but what is HELP? What is "clearing people"? What is the final valuable product in Scientology? The Oatee Ate's - don't talk, egotistic assholes for the most part. YUCK! Count me out of that program for $500K. Is the VFP of Scientology Slappy MCSavage???:eyeroll: What a guy! REALLY??? Is that what I should strive to be? :ohmy: And pay to be that? No thank you.

I read a Hubbturd phrase about "you cannot control others until you are willing to be controlled. WTF is that? Nice little mechanism!:unsure:

It does not work to the degree that Scientology thinks it works. Just look at the people. I cannot believe what a group of people that have no life, no hobbies, no money, nothing - and they are not overall helping anyone - especially themselves!:yes:

GreyLensman

Scientology has a few things that work - in the beginning! Then it turns into a complete spin! I found that most of what works is "cut and paste" from other philosophers.

Scientology works as long as you spend tons of money, go in debt, get spun in, destroy your life, go bankrupt - you may stay in for years and years convincing yourself it works - but what is HELP? What is "clearing people"? What is the final valuable product in Scientology? The Oatee Ate's - don't talk, egotistic assholes for the most part. YUCK! Count me out of that program for $500K. Is the VFP of Scientology Slappy MCSavage???:eyeroll: What a guy! REALLY??? Is that what I should strive to be? :ohmy: And pay to be that? No thank you.

I read a Hubbturd phrase about "you cannot control others until you are willing to be controlled. WTF is that? Nice little mechanism!:unsure:

It does not work to the degree that Scientology thinks it works. Just look at the people. I cannot believe what a group of people that have no life, no hobbies, no money, nothing - and they are not overall helping anyone - especially themselves!:yes:

A waste of valuable effort, energy and money, better expended anywhere else. But - when you are in, that's not what you are able to perceive at all.

In - you are part of a momentous effort to handle a planet and then a universe that has entered the darkest of dark ages. All of it depends on you and your actions now, affecting billions of trillions of years of past, and solving the riddle of existence for the entire universe!

How cool is that?

(post #1000) (not a single word post...)

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Scientology.

It [STRIKE]arbeit[/STRIKE] works.

It [STRIKE]machts[/STRIKE] makes you totally [STRIKE]frei[/STRIKE] free.

auschwitz_7_3_1.jpg

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hail Xenu Reasonable...I love your location: In Witness Protection:coolwink:

I have had Scientologists tell me "Scientology tech works when 100% applied" :whistling:

What a clever little mechanism! It can't be 100% applied because you have to rely on the clinics (oops) uh, I mean Orgs. The staff are "low toned and not trained". So, you have 20 year old regges that have never done the BRIDGE TO TOTAL FREEDOM but they are selling it for $400-1,000 per hour and it takes a lifetime to go up it. They have never paid for it, they have never worked an honest job in their life, they are living at home and selling spiritual freedom:unsure:!

It can't be applied because of the ORG BOARD:omg:! Any company using this fraudulant, confusing bullshit will be like SPRINT, CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS, AT&T and all of the other huge monopolies that abuse their customers by forcing them to sign contracts, not communicating with them, the sales reps can lie, the customer service reps SPIN :headspin:! Check it out..go to FCC and read about "SHOCKING" the customers with huge cell phone bills then spinning them in confusion. Most people give up and pay the huge bill and don't have the energy to fight. No one knows what anyone else is doing. The customer is abused and spun into a state of confusion so as to give in and pay. If this happens to you - ask for the contract in writing where you "signed" the agreement that gave them permission to charge you there outrageous fees. Threaten to sue them and file complaints with FCC, Attorney General and BBB and they will reverse the charges. They are just like the Cult of Scientology - very common techniques to sell something for nothing and then spin spin spin.

I have a few friends still in the CULT and they are telling me the "musical chairs" with the staff is at an all-time HIGH. STRAIGHT UP AND VERTICAL statistics for staff changing posts. No one knows what is going on so it is not their job to do anything about the criminal activity in the CULT. The staff are really in apathy and are forced to do things they normally would not do because Slappy McSavage says so! :nervous: IDLE Morgues are the VFP in the Cult. People are just objects to use and abuse. There is no love or care for humanity. It is all smoke and mirrors to call themselves a religion. :yes:

The only tech I have found to work 100% of the time is that "Scientology is the science of extortion, bribery, murder, suicide, bankruptcy and overall destruction to all of the dynamics of everyone involved. It is a "GROUP THINK" which is dangerous because there are no individuals. Just notice all of the nifty little mechanisms this CULT uses to CONTROL AND DOMINATE. :wink2: I am seeing the truth now..no more lies and con games.

Spiritual FREEDOM is outside of the Cult of Scientology!

Reasonable

Hail Xenu Reasonable...I love your location: In Witness Protection:coolwink:

I have had Scientologists tell me "Scientology tech works when 100% applied"

Ask "WTF does "works" mean? What are the stats for "WORKS"? If the stat is "number of books sold" then at what cost? How many disconnected lives did it cost? How much free slave labor did it cost?

If it really "works" then it would truly be the game where everyone wins. And it clearly is not.

If it really "works" then no one would ever had left becasue they would have been handled not to leave. Therefore the "handling" part of the tech does not work.

A Scientolgist would then say that these people were SPs. But the tech says only
2 1/2 % are SPs and much more than 2 and a half percent leave. So they can't all be SPs

They will say that they are PTS!

But only 20% are PTS and much more that 20% leave

So you can't handle people
You can't de-PTS them
Your own statistics are off on how many people are PTS or SPs

If it worked the whole world would be Scientologists by now if only every scientologist got 2 more people to be scientologists the whole world would be clear.

So Scientology can't even produce a person who can get only 2 more people to be a Scientologist. If this were the only product it made that is all they would need. So why haven't they done something so simple....It it works

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Scientology works 100% for the purpose it was created for: to turn normal people into empty-headed drones who can't decide which hand to hold their spoon in, without having to consult a Hubbard reference. "What would Ron do?" The sad thing is that they really don't realise that they are thinking somebody else's thoughts.