What's new

SCIENTOLOGY'S DISGRACE: AN OPEN LETTER TO TOM CRUISE

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/02/scientologys_di.php

SCIENTOLOGY'S DISGRACE: AN OPEN LETTER TO TOM CRUISE

It's time for you to start talking publicly about Scientology again.

Your religion is in serious trouble.

In 2005, you ended a longtime policy of not talking about the church by suddenly bringing it up in interviews. Most memorable, of course, was the way you challenged Matt Lauer, telling him that you had a superior understanding of the evils of psychiatry because of your Scientology training. Some wondered if you'd gone off the deep end, especially after the episode involving Oprah's couch. Soon enough, however, you clammed up about Scientology again. But in 2008, a video of you the church had made four years earlier surfaced, and it had a huge effect, both on your reputation and the church's. For better or worse, your strange words about, for example, how only Scientologists can help out at the scene of a car accident cemented in the minds of many that you were not only the truest of true believers in L. Ron Hubbard's unusual religion, but that you had become, in fact, its public face.

And that's why, today, you must come forward and speak for a church in crisis.

Tom, last week I was in San Antonio, and I saw with my own eyes the sworn court testimony of someone you once knew and respected.

Her name is Debbie Cook, and for 17 years she was "Captain FSO" -- the top executive who ran Scientology's spiritual mecca in Clearwater, Florida, which is called "Flag Land Base." Back in 1975, when you were still a Catholic kid growing up in Ottawa, Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard got tired of running Scientology from a yacht in the Mediterranean, and moved operations from his "flagship" the Apollo to Clearwater, taking over the old Fort Harrison Hotel and many other places in town. With "Flag" now on land, the upper-level spiritual training that Hubbard was delivering on the ship could now take place at the Florida base.
Continued at link above. Wow.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Tony has outdone himself.... he posted on Facebook that he thought about this coming back from the trial. He said "It's no joke. I'm dead serious, and I hope "Mr. Scientology" takes it that way..."

Scientology - it's worse than you think.

I can't post in the whole article, it's too long but here's another snippet.

Let me pause here, Tom, not just because I'm literally feeling sick while typing this, but because I want to remind you what it is we're talking about. We're talking about business executives in your church who had fallen out of favor for one capricious reason or another, who were imprisoned in an office trailer on a remote desert base, in some cases for years at a time, with no chance to communicate with the outside world or to escape.

freethinker

Sponsor
He has to respond to this. What he says will determine his future as well as Scientology's. If he comes out denying everything , it will not go well for him. There is way too much truth out now to be lying.

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
He has to respond to this. What he says will determine his future as well as Scientology's. If he comes out denying everything , it will not go well for him. There is way too much truth out now to be lying.

Do you think he'll even see it? My understanding is that various churchies are so far up his ass that he's practically a popcicle. :no:

Well, I doubt Tom will answer publicly or give Tony Ortega an interview any time soon, unless he is suddenly willing to dump Dave (there's a name for a campaign! :biggrin:) and leave Scientology behind, or become an Independent practitioner. :thumbsup:

But...it's a great effort by Tony O. and neatly sums up the problem. He left out the part where DM invokes Tom's name with those "tortured" Int Base Executives, saying if they don't do what he says and haze and beat each other enough to get each other to confess" their "crimes" (read shortcomings in DM's eyes) that he will have Tom Cruise come down there and personally physically beat some sense into them, and that Tom is ready and willing to do so! :ohmy:

Makes you wonder if something like that has been done before...TC as physical enforcer for DM, and/or if Tom Cruise really knows much more about this whole rotten situation of the mistreatment of Sea Org members than the public might think....after all, he did personally benefit many times over the years from Sea Org labor. Nothing to do with saving the planet or helping people, just flat-out private inurement...WHICH IS ILLEGAL FOR A GROUP WITH A CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION TAX EXEMPTION.

I think Tom Cruise better lawyer up, 'cause he might find easily himself on the business end of a legal investigation of crimes in Riverside County, California (where International Cult headquarters Int Base sadly exists). His celebrity status won't protect him all that much.

And BEYOND that, since they are such good close personal friends, and have double dated enough with DM's communicator (or whatever she is) Laurisse, Tom must know about the nature of that relationship, and he must also know SOMETHING about the whereabouts and well-being of David Miscavige's disappeared wife, Shelly Miscavige, who has been missing for YEARS now. He just could have an Investigator come knocking on his door about this, too. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Gadfly

Crusader
Here is a key problem.

Scientologists are brainwashed to view ANY negative or critical information as "entheta". They stay far away and even RUN from such data - no matter how true.

Cruise's "communicator" will wear his or her hat exactly per LRH policy and REMOVE any "entheta" from Tom's view. That's from some dumb LRH policy called something like, "What an Executive Wants on His Lines". It is the "communicator's" job to REMOVE all "entheta" - which effectively keeps the executive in the DARK about certain facts and realities.

The most difficult part about trying to change any Scientologist is their REFUSAL TO LOOK. That is a major road block to any of them waking up. They can't learn, or "evolve" past their tight little mindset, because they have shut themselves off from acquiring ANY information, no matter how valid, that contradicts their nutty Hubbardian beliefs and Scientology-based ideas. In Scio-speak, they cannot allow the particle from an SP cause point to reach them as a receipt point.

Also,the lemming-like Scientology followers accept and believe Hubbard when he asserts, "the anti-social personality only passes along BAD NEWS". They have created this notion in their heads that one must "filter out", and NEVER pass along ANY information that might upset the fragile sensibilities of these "OTs". (sarcasm)

To the mentally-challenged Scientologist, who exists in that state as a result of buying into the Hubbard paradigm, the horrible SUPPRESSIVE PERSON is none other than the "anti-social personality", and one must work VERY HARD to never display any of his traits (such as passing along "bad news" or "entheta"). One must also NEVER communicate with an "SP", which means they are not allowed to LOOK at any information that contradicts the Scientology delusion.

How can Tom respond if he NEVER looks?

Last edited:

Gadfly

Crusader

No, he doesn't have to respond to it. He can just ignore it. And that is probably what he will do - that is, IF he ever actually even reads it (which is unlikely since Scientologists are taught to steer far clear from "entheta"). :duh:

freethinker

Sponsor
I think somewhaere along the line he will have to hear about it. He is in the public eye, someone will ask him a question about it which he may deny, but one way or another he will hear about it.

On the other side of the coin, Tony isn't going to put this out there and drop it if he doesn't respond. He will write more as Tony has proven, he'll keep pushing.

Other media sources will pick up on this and it will be spread to the point where it won't be plausible that he doesn't know even if he doesn't.

I place my bet that there is a response. Maybe not right away, but when he is pushed by media attention he will.
Do you think he'll even see it? My understanding is that various churchies are so far up his ass that he's practically a popcicle. :no:

No, he doesn't have to respond to it. He can just ignore it. And that is probably what he will do - that is, IF he ever actually even reads it (which is unlikely since Scientologists are taught to steer far clear from "entheta"). :duh:

maliauctor

Patron
We gotta do a campaign to get him to read this.

Is there another celeb that we can get to forward the open letter to Tom?

Send it to Will Smith and ask him to forward it?

Or maybe send it to Nicole and ask her to forward it?

Or send it to some extended family member of Tom's or Katie's?

He's got a chance to redeem himself here... though I doubt he'll take it. We'll likely just get silence from him.

The thing is, if we can get someone to verify they got the message through to Tom, and he is still silent... then that silence speaks louder.

Gadfly

Crusader
I think somewhere along the line he will have to hear about it. He is in the public eye, someone will ask him a question about it which he may deny, but one way or another he will hear about it.

On the other side of the coin, Tony isn't going to put this out there and drop it if he doesn't respond. He will write more as Tony has proven, he'll keep pushing.

Other media sources will pick up on this and it will be spread to the point where it won't be plausible that he doesn't know even if he doesn't.

I place my bet that there is a response. Maybe not right away, but when he is pushed by media attention he will.

When Tom appears on any media outlet, like TV, I am VERY sure that he has the interviewer read and sign a statement agreeing to NOT bring up certain forbidden topics.

I too hope that he says something - because he will probably shove his foot so far down his throat that he will tickle his butthole. :happydance:

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just have a copy of the article in the National Enquirer or reference to it at least.

This would put Tom between a rock and a hard place.

He couldn't sue about it unless he reads it.

What am I saying?

Even if he did sue his suit would get thrown out in Summary Judgement because alls the Enquirer would be doing is quoting Ortega's piece which is quoting court testimony.

Besides if he sued it would just draw even more attention to the whole fiasco.

Someone should send a copy of the article to Katie Holmes parents.

Gads, I'm such a meanie!

Rd00

Man de la Mancha

Patron with Honors

He's got a chance to redeem himself here... though I doubt he'll take it. We'll likely just get silence from him.

The thing is, if we can get someone to verify they got the message through to Tom, and he is still silent... then that silence speaks louder.

Send the letter to all the tabloids.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Someone posting under the name of Mat Pesch commented:

mat pesch
Tom Cruise isn't going to call you because he has a little problem himself. He isn't Miscavige's BFF for no reason. He is Miscavige's "mini me". Here a just a few things that Tom would rather not talk about:

1. His use of Sea Org slave labor for his own household staff.

2. His use of Sea Org slave labor to greatly upgrade his home, airplane hanger, motorcycle,car, etc.

3. His use of Sea Org slave labor to help him find a wife. A whole con was run on women who thought they were trying out for a part in Toms next movie. I know of at least one case where the woman was used for Toms sexual pleasure. The wife of Tommy Davis actually coaxed the woman on how to excite and please Tom. When it didn't work out Tommy Davis was sent to give her the bad news. When things didn't go smoothly Tom's BFF was there to assist. He created a "Public RPF" at the Fort Harrison Hotel where this beautiful, angel of a woman was made to scrub out toilets with a tooth brush. When she was fully broken she was made to sign the same gag orders that Debbie Cook signed.

4. Oh ya, Tom Cruise also gets off on physically assaulting Sea Org members. Ask Tommy Davis, if he should ever escape from Miscavige's desert trailer of horrors.

I could go on with more reasons why Tom Cruise will never speak out against the inhuman acts of his BFF - David Miscavige, but you get the idea.

Tom Cruise of Davids bitch.

If true, Cruise will never reply.

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
like I put it on his blog... I hope Toms answer is NOT going to be :

" Tony, you are glib man...YOU don't know $cientology---- I DO !!!":wink2:
:nervous:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

^^^^
THIS!

He will attempt to avoid and/or ignore this letter from TonyO.

I agree that we should do a campaign to get him to read (and respond to) it.

To the degree this letter gets sent around and read it will put pressure on him to respond.

I would love to see it re-printed as a paid ad in the New York Times and the Los Angeles Times.

His continued silence or denial after that point would be more risky for him as I doubt he will want to be known as a key guy in supporting and enabling a batshit crazy criminal cult which is a chronic violator of others human rights.

The widespread publication of this letter will tend to put pressure on him imo to choose sides or at least to personally investigate some of the allegations.

As a celebrity who is admired by many TC has contributed in a major way to the CoS. The time to make him accountable is now.

Here ya go, Mali! Send your concerns about the article to his publicist, Amanda Lundberg.
As a suggestion, say that you think he needs to answer these charges in the media, and give Tony O an interview, as his position is being the most public and award winning face of Scientology on the planet. Say that, although you enjoy his work as an actor, you won't go to see any more of his movies until he does, or allow anyone in your family to go! If people dogpile on this...it will have an effect. It will hit him where it matters most, his marketability as an actor, and ability to get projects backed and greenlighted.

From: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2010/01/28/tom-cruise-hires-new-publicist/

"Tom Cruise hires new publicist by EW staff Tagged: Movie Biz

Tom Cruise has a new publicist. Today he signed on with public-relations firm 42West. Cruise will be working with film department co-head and partner Amanda Lundberg. He had previously worked with Lundberg on his 2008 film Valkyrie. 42West will handle Cruise’s personal publicity and his films. Cruise’s next movie is Fox’s romantic adventure Knight and Day (set for release July 2), costarring Cameron Diaz."

PR on her: http://www.42west.net/lundberg.php

Send to:
Amanda Lundberg, RE:Tom Cruise

in Los Angeles:

42 West PR Firm
11400 W. Olympic Blvd
Suite 1100
Los Angeles CA 90064
tel 310.477.4442
fax 310.477.8442

and/or

in New York: