What's new

Scientology's Hubbard Interview - April 1966

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
59 of the creepiest minutes my eyes/ears have ever experienced. YMMV.

[video=youtube;aSdrNGgOokY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSdrNGgOokY[/video]

JB

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
@uncover: Both videos appall the senses. :yes:

If I didn't already discount the idea of having a past life, this 'glimpse' of 1966* would surely suffice to discount the idea entirely. I found myself pitying the Mongolian bandits and Pygmies of the Philippines for ever having hosted such a liar. :coolwink:

JB (*in the 1st video)

Sidney18511

Patron with Honors
JB...thanks for posting that video. Although I had seen parts of it before, I had never seen the entire film. Really gives you the heeby-jeebies doesn't it?

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
JB...thanks for posting that video. Although I had seen parts of it before, I had never seen the entire film. Really gives you the heeby-jeebies doesn't it?

You're quite welcome, Sidney. :)
I'd never seen the entire interview before, either, and believe it's an important find for a number of reasons.

For those who haven't yet watched, a cootie-shot prior to viewing is advisable to lessen the effects of heeby-jeebies/hubbie-jubbies.

JB (My bff watched w/me -- he's on his 4th Brandy Alexander but his eye is still twitching. For realies. :yes:)

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
59 of the creepiest minutes my eyes/ears have ever experienced. YMMV.

[video=youtube;aSdrNGgOokY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSdrNGgOokY[/video]

JB

I remember 40 years ago, my mom and dad came to the org to see about me. I excitedly sat with them in the chapel as they watched this film. I was so sure of Hubbard's greatness. My mom and Dad must have been cringing. I became such a black sheep of such a good family. My dad was a tax lawyer for a life insurance company. I looked into Scientology through lawyers he new at the IRS. He told me I could be any thing I wanted-even a beach come, but to get away from this organization. He said: "Just say the word and I will go in and cut them off at the knees!" He was diabetic. A year after this his legs were amputated and he died soon after. I remember visiting him in the hospital. I went to give him a touch assist. He said: "No thanks. I don't want any miracles...But can you get me a cigarette?" Today would have been my mom and dad's anniversary. My love of Hubbard broke their hearts.