Scientology's Secret Plans For Canada - MacLean's

Intelligence

Silver Meritorious Patron
2zghfrn.jpg

Magazine to arrive in Toronto News-Stands this afternoon as per following email -

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Nicholas Kohler: (9,500 word, 11 page article) -

Dave, the mag will appear on newsstands in Toronto starting from this afternoon, but takes a little longer to hit elsewhere (our copies haven’t even arrived here yet). You’ll have to check with your local magazine store about when the orders come in. The piece won’t appear online for probably a week or so, which is to encourage people to buy the hardcopy. It is not the main cover art, but there’s a loud headline above the Maclean’s title touting it inside. It’s 11 pages long.

Here are a few "Teaser Image Excerpts":

donndd.jpg

2vt438z.jpg

34nji40.jpg

2qszdc1.jpg

SNIPS:

msc3fm.jpg

2renrfd.jpg

16apklt.jpg

2vcugc8.jpg

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Are they gonna talk about the ultra sooper dooper secret base where they plan on imprisoning SO members? People who live near that thing should probably know about it in case they are ever in a position to help a fleeing victim.

Intelligence

Are they gonna talk about the ultra sooper dooper secret base where they plan on imprisoning SO members? People who live near that thing should probably know about it in case they are ever in a position to help a fleeing victim.

YUP, indeed they do discuss it in the 11 page story.

AND, "The Globe and Mail" will publish a story this Saturday:)

RogerB

Crusader
Wowzer! More shit of their own making for the cult to wade through :biggrin:

This time north of the border in that usually polite neighbor . . . the shit must really be flying through media circles for all these articles coming to the fore contemporaneously like this . . .

Wonder what the spark was? Rupert's tweet? Debbie's case in Texas? Whatever it was it has unleashed a shit storm of bad publicity for the cult.

R

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Very excited this is coming out. This reporter interviewed many people for this story! Thanks to all who cooperated and provided dox!! :thumbsup:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

canada-canada-fuck-yeah-demotivational-posters-1299289310.jpg

In honour of this event, I intent to have a sip every time I read the word Xenu and Hubbard . . . and Narconon . . . and Love . . . and, and and : )

MOAR SCANS !!!111!!!

. . . nah, not really; Copyright and all that so never mind. Still, you think they might open an internet window for New Zealand IPs; we are in the Commonwealth, you know ; )

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wowzer! More shit of their own making for the cult to wade through :biggrin:

This time north of the border in that usually polite neighbor . . . the shit must really be flying through media circles for all these articles coming to the fore contemporaneously like this . . .

Wonder what the spark was? Rupert's tweet? Debbie's case in Texas? Whatever it was it has unleashed a shit storm of bad publicity for the cult.

R

Yes, isn't it wonderful. :biglove: I think Rupert Murdoch's tweet was basicly a declaration of open season on Scientology.

It's great to see something so major happen in Canada. Not so many critics up there, the one's they have are doing a wonderful job.

Dukat

Patron with Honors
What a great article! My faves Gerry Armstrong, David Love and Adam Holland all in one place. The cherry on the top is the pic of crazy ass L Con Hubbard auditing a tomato. Scientific research? HAHAHA Maybe in the brainwashed minds.....

McLean's is a national magazine and the articles are typically referenced and circulated into other news outlets for weeks afterwards. I'm so looking forward to the shit storm that is underway and will continue from sea to sea to sea. McLean's is distributed everywhere so even our First Nations in Nunavut, who will never meet a $cilon, will still be reading about the cult and their evil ways.

Fuck you OSA. You'll never handle this so you might as well blow. This article is WIN WIN WIN! Hip hip, hooray!:happydance:

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
What a great article! My faves Gerry Armstrong, David Love and Adam Holland all in one place. The cherry on the top is the pic of crazy ass L Con Hubbard auditing a tomato. Scientific research? HAHAHA Maybe in the brainwashed minds.....

McLean's is a national magazine and the articles are typically referenced and circulated into other news outlets for weeks afterwards. I'm so looking forward to the shit storm that is underway and will continue from sea to sea to sea. McLean's is distributed everywhere so even our First Nations in Nunavut, who will never meet a $cilon, will still be reading about the cult and their evil ways.

Fuck you OSA. You'll never handle this so you might as well blow. This article is WIN WIN WIN! Hip hip, hooray!:happydance:

^^^^This. Thanks also to Nick Kohler and the Maclean's team for giving Canadians and the rest of the world a good heads-up about the Scientologists' plans for another advanced implant station off in the Canadian woods. And thanks for consulting our fave psychiatrist, Dr. Wiseman.

Related threads with more info:

WWP: Come do your OTs in Canada!
OCMB: Canada: Resort to become Scientology retreat

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Kudos to Joshua Dann and the other victims of Narconon Trois Rivieres who came forward and joined David Love in helping close down that facility by speaking up about their experiences. They didn't have to help but they did.

Everyday people are coming to Reaching For The Tipping Point Forum and Narconon Exposed on Facebook and taking a stand saying they are not going to be afraid to speak up any more about what they experienced while in the program and how Narconon is Scientology. This McLean's article is a testament to that. So are the ongoing Oklahoma media reports on the tragedies that have happened there. So will the upcoming Georgia media shows about Desmond Vs Narconon of Georgia and Narconon International case exposing it's fraud, lies and program dangers.

We are waiting for the the judge in the Desmond case to see if she refers the 'organized crime' RICO complaint to the Georgia District attorney for prosecution. This and that case will be a big part of this week's media attention. I believe the McLean's article and Oklahoma deaths will be mentioned.

All this says a lot about the importance of what is being done to expose Narconon. It takes people like Joshua Dann getting involved. Thanks to all who cooperated in the McLean's article.

PTS

Elliott
I very much enjoyed reading the article. It wasn't hard-hitting in the same way that other articles have been, but it was very um, Canadian I guess and it fully conveyed the strong intentions that this cult has. Well done but not dramatic. A usually reliable source told me that MacLean's is publishing the full story to their web site next week. Apparently it is already up at WWP.

Intelligence

A pdf file of the Oct. 8, 2012 issue of Maclean's can be downloaded from the link below.

macleans-2012-10-08-oct.pdf
http://novafile.com/nievo9lgjvlc
Size: 46.4 MB

Click on the "Regular Download" button and, 90 seconds later, you will be able to enter a Captcha string and download the pdf file.

Intelligence

The iPad edition of the article is identical to the article published in the print edition of the Oct. 8, 2012 issue of Maclean's, but it also includes four brief audio clips by Nicholas Köhler, the author of the article:

Nicholas Köhler talks about Scientology's membership numbers (39 seconds)
Nicholas Köhler explains the language of Scientology (57 seconds)
Nicholas Köhler talks about why people stick with Scientology (1 minute, 9 seconds)
Nicholas Köhler explains the difference between Scientology and the church (57 seconds)

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
:omg::clap::happydance:

This is terrrrrrrrrrrrrific! Gerry, David Love and Adam are Kicking ASS and Taking names,
as are ALL the other Canadians: :thankyou: ALL.

And OSA? FU---Your days are O V E R.

Come on out, while u still can. You ARE on the Titanic, it's HIT the
ICEBERG----there are a few seats left in the lifeboats.
I say: Get one, and start ROWING!!!

:cheers: to MacLean's and ALL the Canadians who HELP expose
this insidious CULT of $cientology.

:rose:

Tory/Magoo

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
A couple of the letters in response to "Scientology’s Plan for Canada" that Macleans has published.

Macleans said:
Letters

Karen Pouw said:
The article on the Church of Scientology (“Scientology’s Plan for Canada,” Society, Oct. 8) misinforms readers by printing ridiculous claims made by a handful of members of the cyberhate group Anonymous as well as a former church staff member with an axe to grind. Scientology is an applied religious philosophy practised by millions of members through more than 10,000 churches, missions and affiliated groups in 167 nations. It is expanding rapidly, including in Canada, where our first church opened in Toronto in 1967. While members of Anonymous and bitter, defrocked former church executives may not be happy about it, this expansion is necessary to meet increasing worldwide demand for Scientology services. The spectacular growth of the Scientology religion is the result of people discovering for themselves the religion’s practical tools that assist an individual in improving his or her life. Moreover, our humanitarian programs are effective, selfless and are making the world a better place in which to live.

Karin Pouw, Church of Scientology International, Los Angeles

Red Witt said:
I marvel at how supposedly educated people can be bamboozled into following a line of self-serving prattle, in turn resulting in a self-inflicted loss of judgment. It’s appalling, but it explains how entire societies fall under the spell of greedy and power-hungry leaders. I used to show courtesy toward “Jehovah’s Witnesses” and other similar organizations, even while never contributing a penny to their musings. Now I have lost all patience with purveyors of convoluted thinking and even those who fall under their spell; I simply close the door in their faces.

Red Witt, Ottawa

More letters...

Retrieved from http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/10/18/letters-2/

The Scientologists' OSA rep Karen Pouw expresses, as all their PRs do, the malignancy that parallels the bamboozling. This is standard double curving, standard attack the attacker. Having read several of the Scientologists' black PR assaults that Pouw claimed credit for, her attack here on the sources for the article as a "handful of members of the cyberhate group Anonymous as well as a former church staff member with an axe to grind," is pretty limp. Malignant, but limp.

Bamboozle with millions of members, thousands of churches, hundreds of nations, rapid expansion, demanded services and practical tools. And attack the unbamboozled as bitter and defrocked.