What's new

Scientology's smear video of Alex Gibney..

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Re: Video preposterous

Arggghh. I spent 16 years with these idiots?!!!

The video focusses on the lovely INT Base, which I and most Scientologists have never seen.

The video is like DM's ridiculous yearly speeches, emphasizing size of buildings over and over.

How about showing some actual working Scientologists?

The COS in incapable of coming clean because they can't.

Why were there no staff visible? No one on a break strolling past the fountain, a fountain in a desert? fabulous recording studio, to impress who exactly? I've just come back from a meeting at a house above a recording studio, I doubt it would have been anything like that one. The room we chatted, ate cake and drank our coffee in was very a pleasant comfortable room, but not an attempt to outdo a Dubai Hotel. It's purpose is to be a space that people can chill in while resting between recording music, I have no idea what the purpose of the Golden one is.

If I was staff in an Org, SO member or hard working paying public I would be disgusted by the frivolous waste of money.

The man or woman talking said that there are tours for the public, we should arrange a tour!

freethinker

Sponsor
Awesome! If that doesn't get people to want to see Alex's Documentary 3 and 4 times, I don't know what will.

Way to drive people towards the Documentary Dave.

I love the way you left all the staff with their smiling faces and robust activity out of your clip. There is never anyone in your videos unless they are uniformed and working like dogs because that is just what you think of them as, dogs.

Good job Dave, way to inspire people to want to see this documentary. Again, you work contrary to your intent but thanks, loved it.

The least you could have done was have at least one staff putting on the green but then the makeup to cover the bruises was just too much eh?

Thanks again.

Oh, forgot to ask, were those trained ants on GAT II?

..with appropriate connotations from Angry Gay Pope. As usual, the slimy cult defames family members, too.
slime.gif

[video=youtube;wcE70b0-z7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcE70b0-z7g[/video]

That was funny as all get out! Did they have a PETA rep on site for the ant wrangling? I wonder if they are eligible for a Razzie for that film? And would Davie have the guts to accept it like Sandra did?

Mimsey

File_2011124122559.jpg

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Holy crap those living conditions makes me want to rejoin the Sea Org, after all these years they finally got it right.

:hysterical:

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
I don't know about you guys, but I'm really antsy now to see this wonderful piece of propaganda. BTW, besides not including shiny happy people they also forget to show the fences, inward-pointing spikes, motion sensors, security patrols and the sniper nest. How could they have possibly missed that?

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
At 2:42 you can see staff - or are they ants? Mimsey

Looks like ants for me. I suppose from Davey's perspective there's not much difference anyways. :p
Funny that Davey looks like a turd* from every perpective.

* Turd, poop, or dung, is very interesting to science, and can tell fascinating facts about the eating habits of animals. Heck, there are people who collect fossilized turd (coprolite). This is not meant to be an invalidation of turd.

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
Excellent video except they omitted shooting the double wide trailers with bars on the windows. I have seen those. They also omitted video of the razor fence with the double sided daggers sticking out of it. I have seen it myself. As others have pointed out, where are all the people? Why didn't they show the sniper lookout nest on the highest part of the complex? Too bad we couldn't get a picture of Marc Headley when the security guards ran his motorcycle off the road in trying to stop him.

I think people are going to be a lot more interested in HBO's version of Scientology prison of beliefs than they are of David Miscavige's version.

The_Hole_Gold_Base.jpg The hole.

fence_blades_bknd_focus.jpg The razors on both sides of the fence.

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
Attack...attack...attack

The video simply isn't credible.

If the COS (I'm sure it's Davey. The video looks very, very Davey.) simply put some bright sounding, believable, relaxed, attractive and likable person in front of a camera who was capable of addressing some of the criticisms in a non-threatening way, it might defuse the PR disaster a bit. Politicians and religious leaders have done this repeatedly and the world moves on.

But noooooooooooooo, LRon is the expert on PR and therefore the COS has to attack with noisy investigations and find their crimes.

The LRon PR Method may have worked pre-internet but now it's a recipe for increased interest by the public which means more transparency which means the COS will look much worse. After all, the COS is much worse than it appears to be. More transparency = very bad new for the COS.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Re: Attack...attack...attack

The video simply isn't credible.

If the COS (I'm sure it's Davey. The video looks very, very Davey.) simply put some bright sounding, believable, relaxed, attractive and likable person in front of a camera who was capable of addressing some of the criticisms in a non-threatening way, it might defuse the PR disaster a bit. Politicians and religious leaders have done this repeatedly and the world moves on.

But noooooooooooooo, LRon is the expert on PR and therefore the COS has to attack with noisy investigations and find their crimes.

The LRon PR Method may have worked pre-internet but now it's a recipe for increased interest by the public which means more transparency which means the COS will look much worse. After all, the COS is much worse than it appears to be. More transparency = very bad new for the COS.

Yes, we all know this, but for Pete's sake don't let the cult know, their demise depends upon these foot bullets.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
..with appropriate connotations from Angry Gay Pope. As usual, the slimy cult defames family members, too.
slime.gif

[video=youtube;wcE70b0-z7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcE70b0-z7g[/video]

tldr: They're all lying scumbags out to smear us. We have lots of real estate.

Jump

Operating teatime
Are the golf course, swimming pool, tennis courts, & other amenities courtesy of our tax dollars?

Yes they are.

So are the inured John Lobb custom lift shoes, aged single malt scotch whiskey, various collector cars and motorcycles, daily cordon bleu meals, personal commuter jet flights, hair and stylists, multiple luxury apartments at the ready in several cities... all this is tax free for Captain David Miscavige - and so is the rice and beans and desks to sleep under for his deluded cult slaves.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Why were there no staff visible?

ANSWER: Because, coincidentally, the very same day they filmed, Scientology had already scheduled a Ten-Million-Man March. Everyone already knows that there are 10M members of the COS, so all them were in Washington DC.

Otherwise, the video would have boasted plenty of footage showing Int. Sea Org executives swimming, playing golf, enjoying a leisurely game of lawn badminton--and suntanning poolside while sipping exotic tropical drinks.

freethinker

Sponsor

Let me know when they have the next 10 million man march, i know where we can play 18 holes undisturbed.:coolwink::biggrin:

ANSWER: Because, coincidentally, the very same day they filmed, Scientology had already scheduled a Ten-Million-Man March. Everyone already knows that there are 10M members of the COS, so all them were in Washington DC.

Otherwise, the video would have boasted plenty of footage showing Int. Sea Org executives swimming, playing golf, enjoying a leisurely game of lawn badminton--and suntanning poolside while sipping exotic tropical drinks.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wish they would have given us a tour of L. Ron Hubbard's home at Gold Base that is reportedly kept stocked with fresh food and clothes for LRH's return:
bonnie_view_lrh_home_icon.jpg

There are of course several more homes that are kept ready for his use:
Church_of_Spiritual_Technology_ranch_Creston.jpg
RimforestLRHHouse.JPG
2013083149house.jpg
PetroliaOverhead-thumb-550x371.jpg

freethinker

Sponsor
There are people starving and dehydrated in this world and this asshole, who is dead, has several mansions and FOOD waiting.:readfaq::flames::goodnight:

We know this stuff, we are no better at google than the Gov; how do they not see the iniquities?

They do and they are 100% behind them.:evillaugh:

Who are they? Google is your friend. :yes:
I wish they would have given us a tour of L. Ron Hubbard's home at Gold Base that is reportedly kept stocked with fresh food and clothes for LRH's return:
bonnie_view_lrh_home_icon.jpg

There are of course several more homes that are kept ready for his use:
Church_of_Spiritual_Technology_ranch_Creston.jpg
RimforestLRHHouse.JPG
2013083149house.jpg
PetroliaOverhead-thumb-550x371.jpg

Sindy

Crusader
A good deal of this tour looks like CGI to me. CGI people would look fake so they don't include them.

Another trivia question but still interesting to me: Why does Gold need a bookstore? So, these guys create this stuff and then they have to buy it? Gold isn't open to the public, right? Who buys these books?