ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Scilon headquarters in Oslo...GONE!

Discussion in 'Europe' started by UkAnony, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Div6

Div6 Crusader

That'sa veeery niiiica picture.

2. GoNuclear

GoNuclear Gold Meritorious Patron

three seasons

I was in Norway back in 1978, had a week of liberty, saw three port cities ... Trondheim, Bergen, Oslo. It was great, went hiking in the fiords, etc. What fun, especially having spent over two months on a submarine, at sea, submerged, no daylight. The sea food was fantastic, so was the beer. It stayed light out forever at night, being so far north. I was told by the US Ambassador (a few of us were his guests, it was by drawing, I got lucky) that Norway is a land of three seasons ... July, August, and winter. I was there in late July. It was a fun time for me.

Pete

3. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I was in Norway for a week in August 1968, part of a holiday hitch-hiking around Scandanavia. It was *gorgeous*. I was told the weather was exceptional at that time (hot and sunny). It was the most beautiful country I have ever been to; the fjords are literally breathtaking, one of only two times in my life I have experienced that phenomenon on seeing a landscape or panorama.

Paul

4. Kutta

Kutta Silver Meritorious Patron

Should you desire a third experience, come to NZ. We also have breathtaking fjords and amazingly beautiful landscapes. :yes:

5. ARC

ARC Patron

So how's that Norway femanon roadtrip plan going guys?

In my opinion, there was only two places they could have shot the Lord of the Rings movies: Here in NZ, or in Norway. :thumbsup:

6. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

NZ also has better wine!!

7. Ackerland

Ackerland Patron with Honors

That made me laugh!

8. Kutta

Kutta Silver Meritorious Patron

You betcha!! :yes:

9. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Bump for Thursday before 2:00.

10. Gus

Gus Patron with Honors

I think I'm in love with AnonPirateGrrl. Ah, if only I were younger. And in Norway :)

But a very fun video. Scientology out of Downtown and into BFE* is win. :happydance:

Gus

*BFE = Bumfuck, Egypt. For those outside the US, it's American slang that means a place far away, and nobody lives there.

11. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor