What's new

Scn and the Occult

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Hummm....I'll have to say I am definately on the "left hand path".

I can not see that one can be anything but cause. (even if while being effect).

alex

I'm willing to be wrong (and often am) but I see this the same way.

It's a datum from The State of Man Congress that I've mentioned before on these hallowed pages. The "actual" comm cycle is cause-distance-cause.
I think it's a very empowering datum.

S

Steven James

I am going to er with Alex here. Whilst the right hand path may seem like the right path, it is a truth that mankind has always sought to get off the wheel of life and the old grind of living and seek salvation through religion, spirituality, discipline and various studies. Mother Nature is very out of synch at the moment and I am sure that she will take her hand to earth and turn the whole lot over like she has done in ages past!

When Mother nature comes to reset the balance- I will take the opportunity to leave!

I would rather be at cause over nature than effect of it!

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
And I would still differ with that. The highest purpose in the universe from my perspective is not causing an effect. (Or another cause)

Instead, it's understanding.

Represented in Scientology, I'd put ARC above KRC, rather than the way Scientology has it arranged.

Will under love. Right hand path.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
And I would still differ with that. The highest purpose in the universe from my perspective is not causing an effect. (Or another cause)

Represented in Scientology, I'd put ARC above KRC, rather than the way Scientology has it arranged.

How can one not understand what one has created?

Prior to heavy aberration, how could there even be such a concept as "understanding"? There would just be isness.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm going to try to obtain Stephen E. Flowers' book. It seems it will give a greater understanding of the left-hand (Black) magic path as opposed to the right-hand (White) magic path.

I wonder how many Scientologists know they are following a black magic path? I've come across this idea before but never seen it so elequently described as by Flowers. And those criteria this Black Magician (left-hander) outlines seem to match Scientology exactly.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron

Knowledge is certainty, not data held in storage.

Understanding is certainty, not data held in storage.

So A R and C together, which add up to understanding which equals Certainty links in to one of the corners of KRC.

That's why it is the lower triangle.

All of these triangle (and there are many of them) ultimately link into the very top top top triangle which is Be Do and Have.

Above that is unity and above that is quantitylessness.

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron

I would assert that there is NO basic purpose in the universe.

I would also say we spent most of our energy creating the very things that keep us from understanding.

If we slip up and actually fully duplicate anything, whoops! Its gone!

If we return to our native state, anything is possible, nothing exists.

Purpose is a choice, forgetting the method.

Survival depends on not knowing. (the lie that alter-is's)

alex

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
We come from differing perspectives. You believe in something called "Native State", which I don't. I think the function of the mind is as Hubbard said somewhere or other, posing and resolving questions related to survival. I think that the executive function ("I") exists to carry out this function, although I'd expand it from survival to thriving, and qualify thriving as not just the body's care and maintenance, but also whatever other goals/purposes the individual perceives as important.

Div6

Crusader
So the book I quoted just arrived. I will post on the 7 principles as I have time.

One thing that struck me on this is that ANY data that would point to allowing people to AS-IS stuff seems to be reactively fought in these meat body societies. Thus it is forced :underground" etc. The big fear being that someone might as-is the Phys U, and "undo" all the "good work" that has gone on here.

"Unmock" is one of the S&D buttons assessed on the PTS Rndn.....its a huge button with some.

Occult:
Origin: 1520–30; < L occultus (ptp. of occulere to hide from view, cover up)

ocular
1503, from L. ocularis "of the eyes," from oculus "eye,

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I would assert that there is NO basic purpose in the universe.

I would also say we spent most of our energy creating the very things that keep us from understanding.

If we slip up and actually fully duplicate anything, whoops! Its gone!

If we return to our native state, anything is possible, nothing exists.

Purpose is a choice, forgetting the method.

Survival depends on not knowing. (the lie that alter-is's)

alex

There's merit in what you say. However, I make the following comments:

re: "there is NO basic purpose in the universe". This is true in a sense. The universe is the consequence of an intention to have one's creation (mock-up, illusion, whatever) recognised and admired ("understood" if you like). This is of course a bit of a no-game situation and so a game developed of not recognising or admiring another's creation. Now not-isness and alter-isness and all of that come into play and so the universe develops.

Any "purpose" that is within the universe is always a sub-purpose to the original one (which is outside the universe) of having one's creation etc etc.

The above contains all of the mechanisms of Be-Do_Have, the CDEI scale, aberration, Time itself, present time, theta, mest, etc etc etc the whole bang shoot. It all follows from the above.