What's new

Scn IQ tests, valid?

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
Has anyone taken an IQ test after leaving Scn and it was the same number as when you left?

When administering IQ tests at the org, there are a few versions. The questions are the same on all of them but the sequences are different, i.e. question #1 on test A, is question #20 on test version B.

After a while you could remember the correct answers because you did the test so often,
resulting in a higher score.

Did you also know that the female tests score was -5 points below the scores of the males? That's correct! If you had a score of 140 as a female, if you had a penis, your score was now 145! Does anyone know why that is done? Is there some tech ref on that?

Student of Trinity

IQ is a measure of where you stand compared to the average. Evidently a man only has to answer 45% of the questions right to count as average, while a woman needs to get 50% of them right to hit the average mark for women.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
IQ is a measure of where you stand compared to the average. Evidently a man only has to answer 45% of the questions right to count as average, while a woman needs to get 50% of them right to hit the average mark for women.

I've long maintained that the average woman is more intelligent than the average man.

Dean Blair

Female thetans are smarter than male thetans. The Scientology IQ tests are as reliable as L Ron's promises to make OTs.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Has anyone taken an IQ test after leaving Scn and it was the same number as when you left?

When administering IQ tests at the org, there are a few versions. The questions are the same on all of them but the sequences are different, i.e. question #1 on test A, is question #20 on test version B.

After a while you could remember the correct answers because you did the test so often,

Did you also know that the female tests score was -5 points below the scores of the males? That's correct! If you had a score of 140 as a female, if you had a penis, your score was now 145! Does anyone know why that is done? Is there some tech ref on that?
The "IQ test" in Scientology is not a valid test.

Kemist

Patron with Honors

Simple.

Hubbard, like pretty much every narcissist, was a deeply insecure person.

Imagine if he'd done that test and been beaten by his wife ?

hummingbird

Patron with Honors
Sorry, I'm still struggling with the concept of *anything* connected with Scn being valid.

Guess I'd be a low-scorer.:yes:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

Here's a Post I made a while back on another Thread.

I'm going to give y'all some personal information for the purpose of debunking the Scn claim of increased IQ from Processing and Training and to further support TGI's brilliant insight into the "think" of Scn's (which I once was). Scn's are conditioned to "Play" only on their closed system "Field" and to abhor "Living, Interacting and Competing" in the Real World.

When I was in Grade School and High School I took APA approved and Psychologist administered IQ Tests. I scored in the mid to high 130's on all those tests.

I scored in the mid 130's on my first Scn IQ Test...before any Processing or Training. Over the years--after hundreds upon hundreds of hours of Processing, Upper Levels and Flag Only Rundowns my Scn Tested IQ went up to 160.

About 5 years after I walked away from Scn (25 years or so ago) I took another APA Approved and Psychologist administered IQ Test that was contemporary and very comprehensive. I scored in the high 130's with a "Balance" of right and left brain "Traits" in the 99th Percentile.

Over the last 7 years I’ve taken a series of APA Approved and Psychologist administered contemporary and comprehensive IQ Tests. The tests were administered after my miraculously surviving a 1.5 inch (4 centimeter) in diameter benign hemorrhagic lesion and resulting mass in my brain--in short, bleeding of the brain (brain hemorrhage)--resulting in permanent damage to the right anterior temporal lobe. The Tests were administered for diagnostic purposes, determine therapy protocols and ascertain when I reached point that there would be no further hope of improvement. I reached that point 2 years.

My left brain IQ has fully recovered to pre-hemorrhage of more than two standard deviations above the median or "Norm" while my right brain IQ is more than two standard deviations below the Median or “Norm”, which means I have severe Brain Damage.

EDIT...When my brain lesion started bleeding, I lost consciousness and fell on a tile floor, striking my forehead in such a way that it caused further damage to my right brain lobe due to coup countrecoup traumatic brain injury. EDIT...My tested IQ is now around 100.

My points in writing all this are…

1. Scn’s IQ Test is not only ancient it is not recognized in the “Real World” as valid.

2. Scn’s IQ Test is not comprehensive and part of the con.

3. Scn administers exactly the SAME test over and over which is a recognized HUGE no no in the Real World and invalidates any results subsequent to the original...even if it was APA Approved and Psychologist administered. Clueless amateurs, administering a non comprehensive, unvalidated, identical IQ Test over and over again to the same person over a period years is Scns "Proof" that the PC's IQ has "increased".

4. My Professionally Tested “Real World” IQ NEVER changed until I suffered tissue damage in my brain, and the changes in my IQ are specific to the location and extent of that damage.

5. Scn’s IQ Test is not administered, analyzed or interpreted by trained, licensed or certified professionals.

Face :)
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ection-So-what&p=933159&viewfull=1#post933159

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

The "IQ test" in Scientology is not a valid test.

Experts may disagree, however Hubbard's research findings that "a Scientologist's IQ[SUP]1[/SUP] goes up one point for each hour of processing" has been scientifically validated.

[SUP]1[/SUP] Idiot Quotient

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

For the same reason that he altered volney's "Tone Arm scale" in two ways...

Said that female bodies were 2.0 on his scale and male bodies 3.0 LINK

He wanted women subservient to men...

and inserted 1.1 (psychopathy) in the middle of normal human emotions, thus demonizing them...

Last edited:

renegade

For the same reason that he altered volney's "Tone Arm scale" in two ways...

Said that female bodies were 2.0 on his scale and male bodies 3.0 LINK

He wanted women subservient to men...

and inserted 1.1 (psychopathy) in the middle of normal human emotions, thus demonizing them...

OMG, this reminds me of the evaluation done in our org. Not much was said, but implied that so and so was really messed up because their TA was low at 1.0 or too high at 4.0.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron

Experts may disagree, however Hubbard's research findings that "a Scientologist's IQ[SUP]1[/SUP] goes up one point for each hour of HGC²-processing" has been scientifically validated.

[SUP]1[/SUP] Idiot Quotient

FIFY

² You have to pay for the processing that you can be sure to raise your IQ

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
They are pure and utter bollocks. Or, at least they need to claim, as my IQ on their scale dipped 5 points after my purif.... hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Seriously though, it is beyond stupid.

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
Has anyone taken an IQ test after leaving Scn and it was the same number as when you left?When administering IQ tests at the org, there are a few versions. The questions are the same on all of them but the sequences are different, i.e. question #1 on test A, is question #20 on test version B.After a while you could remember the correct answers because you did the test so often, resulting in a higher score.Did you also know that the female tests score was -5 points below the scores of the males? That's correct! If you had a score of 140 as a female, if you had a penis, your score was now 145! Does anyone know why that is done? Is there some tech ref on that?
The research shows that person's IQ doesn't change much during their life, so Dianetics procedures do not increase it. I do not think, though, that Scientologists are offered an IQ test. The only test that I took when I was a Scientologist was the same old and useless personality test. I didn't like it back then, I thought it was ridiculous and served no purpose.

renegade

Simple.

Hubbard, like pretty much every narcissist, was a deeply insecure person.

Imagine if he'd done that test and been beaten by his wife ?

This maybe so! Here's an example:

LRH score 140 (actually is 135 if scored fairly)

Mary Sue 140 (no penis penalty of -5 plus she has to answer 5 more questions correctly)

The spread is actually 10 points! But Mary Sue gets the same score as LRH.