What's new

SCN still wants that Ideal Org in Brum UK

ScudMuffin

Silver Meritorious Patron
Heads up from BrumAnon,

the scinos are planning to buy Pitmaston House in Mosely, Birmingham by the 24th of October.

Link to discussion thread below

Birmingham Anonymous -> RAIDRAIDRAID. Etc.

By estimate, they scinos have rasied £1,351,000, the asking price is round about £4.25mil, so they're a fair way off yet. Still, we've raided there before and will do again when they have their next event.

Watch this space for OP: PitStop 2 - The Refueling. In the meantime have a laugh at the T&C in their donation form and a gander at the message the sent out.

Message Pic Thiingy
Donation Form

and another thread here

http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?p=150387#post150387

ScudMuffin

They're not fussy about who they sell to unfortunately.

That said they were announcing this back in April, we're 7 months on and they haven't raised the cash.

They'll have another event, we'll raid it.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
There's no way they'll be able to raise that kind of money in less than a month. :D
It took a few years for even a smaller building to be purchased.

Anne Ominous

Patron with Honors
Whilst Scn forces the public to pay for buildings for DM, is it possible that if they DON'T meet their target in the short time they have remaining that Co$ will stump up the rest?

Thoughts, exes?

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Whilst Scn forces the public to pay for buildings for DM, is it possible that if they DON'T meet their target in the short time they have remaining that Co$ will stump up the rest?

Thoughts, exes?

More than likely they will simply reset the target. Just like the Super Power release.:D Over and over again.
If need they wouldn't hesitate to use that money for other things though.

Yoghurt

Patron
I really don't know much about business (haven't bothered to research it) but... if the CoS is declared a business, with DM as CEO or whatever, could he send the Church into liqudiation and be rolling in every cent that has been raised for these ideal orgs?

This is going off a very limited knowledge of business and liquidation, but if that's how it works it would explain the constant push to buy up more real estate out of the publics' pockets for the CoS.

No one is saying DM doesn't have foresight. Thoughts?

skydog

Patron Meritorious
I really don't know much about business (haven't bothered to research it) but... if the CoS is declared a business, with DM as CEO or whatever, could he send the Church into liqudiation and be rolling in every cent that has been raised for these ideal orgs?

This is going off a very limited knowledge of business and liquidation, but if that's how it works it would explain the constant push to buy up more real estate out of the publics' pockets for the CoS.

No one is saying DM doesn't have foresight. Thoughts?

The only difference between a charitable corporation and a regular corporation is that income to the charitable org is not taxable to it. On the other side of the equations, donations to a charitable organization are tax deductible to the donors. If the Co$ were to lose its tax exempt status, it could then continue in existence as a "for profit" corporation (e.g. Harry Palmer's Avatar)or be dissolved. If the corporate structures were to be dissolved, its assets would first be used to pay any outstanding indebtedness and any remaining assets would be distributed to any stockholders.

Davey has set up a pretty complex corporate structure, so dissolving the numerous organizations that have been set up would generate a lot of "billable hours" for a lot of tax lawyers.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
More importantly, any dissolution of the Scientology Corporate Structure would inevitably reveal criminal activity that'd be bound to raise not only eyebrows but the corpus delicti itself :)

Yes, lawyers would have a field day, but only after the forensic accountants

Zinj

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
The deadline's stated to be IAS Event 24 October 2008 in the newsletter. It's not proof either way but it sounds like the kind of arbitrary and portentous deadline CoS management would impose.

Hmm sounds like an unrealistic target, but at least all the scientologists know that only a suppressive person would set such a target.

Will the Cult members declare that suppressive person?

alexm

Patron with Honors
A Waste of Money

Ideal Orgs are nothing more then multi-million (Euro, pounds, dollars) waste of money and good peoples time. :omg:

I remember going to see the Ideal in Steven's Creek last spring. What a huge difference from the opening video. :yes: Over three quarters of the Org is unused with the lights turned off all the time because the Org is too big. :omg: When I was there on a weekend, that huge Academy that can supposedly hold like 250 students... there were two people inside studying. :duh: What a waste of time and money ad don't get me started with Berlin. :melodramatic: It is what LRH says in HCO PL "HE MAGIC OF GOOD MANAGEMENT" an Org with good furniture but no production or public what-so-ever. :bigcry:

I think the push for ideal Orgs beyond what the Org can capacitate will simply do nothing but bankrupt the Church... God willing... :happydance:

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ideal Orgs are nothing more then multi-million (Euro, pounds, dollars) waste of money and good peoples time. :omg:

I remember going to see the Ideal in Steven's Creek last spring. What a huge difference from the opening video. :yes: Over three quarters of the Org is unused with the lights turned off all the time because the Org is too big. :omg: When I was there on a weekend, that huge Academy that can supposedly hold like 250 students... there were two people inside studying. :duh: What a waste of time and money ad don't get me started with Berlin. :melodramatic: It is what LRH says in HCO PL "HE MAGIC OF GOOD MANAGEMENT" an Org with good furniture but no production or public what-so-ever. :bigcry:

I think the push for ideal Orgs beyond what the Org can capacitate will simply do nothing but bankrupt the Church... God willing... :happydance:

And they haven't even started renoing a fraction of all the orgs. :D

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Hmm sounds like an unrealistic target, but at least all the scientologists know that only a suppressive person would set such a target.

Will the Cult members declare that suppressive person?

We had this target , 24 October 2006 for the Ideal org in Brum before I jumped the rat infested ship... These people need to cram up on target attainment...

Scud muffin, if you can find the LRH quotes on Islam and Mohmmed, and get them postered up all over Mosley, then since that area is really Birmingastahn, they wll be kicked out and Scientology will never ever be allowed to darken a good Muslim's community again, ever. Do it faggots!!! :grouch:

Yoghurt

Patron
Scud muffin, if you can find the LRH quotes on Islam and Mohmmed, and get them postered up all over Mosley, then since that area is really Birmingastahn, they wll be kicked out and Scientology will never ever be allowed to darken a good Muslim's community again, ever. Do it faggots!!! :grouch:

Oh goodness me, yes! Just don't get caught doing it or they'll think you're for his message.

ScudMuffin

OH CRAP!

http://www.birminghammail.net/2008/...o-be-handed-to-scientologists-97319-21974116/

Brum Mail said:
Former office block to be handed to Scientologists

Oct 6 2008 by Edward Chadwick, Birmingham Mail

THE controversial Church of Scientology is set to complete a multi-million pound deal for a huge new HQ in a leafy Birmingham street within weeks, it emerged today.

Leaders of the organisation have written to members to confirm that the handover of Moseley’s Grade II listed Pitmaston building will take place on October 24.

The Birmingham Mail exclusively revealed the sect – famed for its celebrity disciples like Tom Cruise and a belief in aliens – was ready to stump up about £4.25 million for the former office block on Moor Green Lane in April.

Councillors were reassured at a meeting with the church’s leaders last week that the building will not be altered and say they are pleased that the deal will end years of uncertainty over the site once earmarked by developers for luxury apartments.

Scientology has found itself mired in controversy in recent years after being labelled a “cult” by critics – a claim it has always denied.

Coun Martin Mullaney (Lib Dem, Moseley & Kings Heath) said: “The Scientologists asked me to come down for a meeting at Pitmaston, which they are using as part of an arrangement with the current owner.

“They explained that they had to wait until they had enough cash to buy the building outright.

“I was reassured that there will be no extensions or any use of the building for residential purposes and I’m quite pleased about that. Instead it will be used as offices and as a church.

“They have certainly got themselves in the good books of residents by clearing up some alleyways of litter in the area.

“I’m also aware that they have been to residents’ meetings and delivered letters to a lot of houses on Russell Road.”

In the Scientology newsletter, members are pictured wearing hard hats proudly stand in front of a “roll of honour” which shows their status, achieved by donating cash for the sale of Pitmaston.

Nobody from the Church of Scientology was available for comment.