ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Scn TV Ad (Melbourne)

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by fnx3, Oct 17, 2009.

1. fnx3

fnx3 Patron with Honors

O Mi Gosh - was just watching the bike races on the telly & up came an ad from the CofS - an very young girl holding "New Slant on Life" up to the camera in front of the Yarra River directly below the (old) Org & recommending you purchase a copy from "www.scientologybooks.com.au".

that would have cost them, i.e. their donors, a LOT! :omg:

Emma might recognise who that was - I do vaguely recognise her but I was only sporadically in that org over the past 10 years.

2. Zhent

Zhent Leakus Maximus

Wow, they managed to fund a television commercial down there? I'm impressed.

Was it a long commercial? I'm guessing less then 10 seconds.
    Did it look professionally produced? Or just a Scientologist holding a decent camera...
    I would very much like to see this commercial if anyone could possibly get it on youtube.

3. fnx3

fnx3 Patron with Honors

Yes - probably just under 10 seconds - very simply produced with just one camera on the girl speaking live in front of the river so as to include Russell Street (Melb org address) on the other side & then just the "www" address text on the bottom - so maybe the biggest cost would be the actual paid advertising space - it was on a fairly prime time spot - daytime Phillip Island motoGP $$$!

Mmmm ... hope someone else saw it & could catch a recording of it somehow to share with you.

4. Lohan2008

Lohan2008 Gold Meritorious Patron

whois.com

Whois response for scientologybooks.com.au:

Domain Name scientologybooks.com.au
    Last Modified 11-Sep-2009 06:55:03 UTC
    Registrar ID SMARTYHOST
    Registrar Name SMARTYHOST
    Status ok
    Registrant Church of Scientology Australia Inc
    Registrant ID ABN 50062296604
    Eligibility Type Company
    Registrant Contact ID AURC00062626
    Registrant Contact Name Cheryl Wickens
    Registrant Contact Email [email protected]
    Tech Contact ID AUTC00062626
    Tech Contact Name Cheryl Wickens
    Tech Contact Email [email protected]
    Name Server ns1.ausmarketing.com
    Name Server ns2.ausmarketing.com

5. fnx3

fnx3 Patron with Honors

Lohan2008 - how did you do that :omg: that was sooooo quick & clever - good on you :thumbsup:

6. fnx3

fnx3 Patron with Honors

Ooooh - duhhhh ... now I see that you put "whois.com" in the title - thanx

7. Lohan2008

Lohan2008 Gold Meritorious Patron