What's new

Sea Org music group on Britain's Got alent

michaelangelo

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've seen better bands playing on the street in Brighton.
Does anyone remember that terrible muzak played by the sea org group in the seventies ?. Were they called the allstars or something ?. What a terrible racket that was. I remember being told it was O.T music.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
We also have a couple of wonderful threads about the POS that was 'Power of Source', if you should care to search for them. The backstory to that piece of "music" is toe-curlingly embarrassing, though.

solo

Patron with Honors
The Jive Aces were in the semi final tonight and the judges were nowhere near as keen on them this time - has someone tipped them off?

johnAnchovie

Still raging
The last remaining Sea Org and Scientology PR asset with even the slightest bit of credibility, just got bested in the semi finals of Britain's Got Talent by a dog.

A Scientology fail imo.

[video=youtube;dv_gOBi8Wpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv_gOBi8Wpk[/video]

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Watch out Scientology, them doggy thetans play ruff.

images

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Jive Aces are OK, I mean if you hired them for your teenage kid’s birthday party and paid then £50 you’d be pretty happy. They have performed together hundreds, if not thousands of times, and this shows as they are quite polished.

But clearly they aren’t good enough to shine in a national contest.

And their performance showed a typical cultic naïveté. They performed a lively rendition of a song from Disney’s ‘The Jungle Book’ for their audition. Anyone with a bit of common sense would have told them that they needed to up their game and do something a bit extra. And different.

So, what did they choose?

Another song from the same film, a ‘Bare Necessities / I Wan’na Be Like You’ mash-up. So immediately, the judges think, “Oh, they only perform Disney. Boring.”

Actually, I’m a bit disappointed that they got kicked off, I was looking forward to them appearing in the spotlight and some awkward questions being asked about their ‘church’.

But, no doubt they will be consoling themselves with the thought that clearly their music is far too theta and high-toned for the degraded wog public who just aren’t uptone enough to even be able to vote for them.

Axiom142

Smilla

Ordinary Human
The Jive Aces were in the semi final tonight and the judges were nowhere near as keen on them this time - has someone tipped them off?

More likely that people just noticed how cringingly, toe-curlingly bad they are :omg:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Another song from the same film, a ‘Bare Necessities / I Wan’na Be Like You’ mash-up. So immediately, the judges think, “Oh, they only perform Disney. Boring.”

How on-Source of them, applying the "Affluence Attainment Formula," one step of which is "Doing the things that won, not new things untried as yet."

Guess I'll remember that sucker word-for-word until I die! It all floods back... Hard work, in-ethics, (the one above) and following the formula of the condition one is in.

Paul

Gus

Patron with Honors
..Anyone with a bit of common sense would have told them that they needed to up their game and do something a bit extra. And different.

So, what did they choose?

Of course they did more Jungle Book. That's 'cuz the first song went over well and when your stats are doing well, you don't change anything. Ergo: More Jungle Book!

It's just The Tech, see? It makes perfect sense.

Gus

Edit: Whoops, I missed Paul's post above before I posted this... I guess their plan was pretty obvious then, wasn't it :)
G

British Mom

Patron with Honors

Well i may have rang ITV, :clap::clap::clap::clap: or there again maybe I didnt, he he. The Jive Aces are another front group & their main aim would be to recruit young people into Scientology, they are all Sea Org Members.

Last edited:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Chronology... the article about 'brainwashing' in The Sun, by a former Jive Aces member came out before they flunked in their second BGT performance, right?

'Wog' institutions are generally vulnerable to Scientology bullshit and front groups... but once they realise they've been had, the reaction is pretty devastating. You may recall that time when CCHR tried to exhibit at the Liberal Democrats' conference: we put a stop to that with a letter-writing campaign.

Politicians and TV broadcasters alike need to keep their finger on the pulse of the nation. They know that the vast, vast majority of people don't want Scientology in any form... you just have to give them a 'heads up' once in a while. The results are usually very satisfactory... although Eric Pickles needs to follow up on his statement to the effect that the cult business in the UK should be paying it's taxes.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
The judges slammed them last week...

[video=youtube;NKDcinx2W20]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKDcinx2W20[/video]

Smilla

Ordinary Human
When I heard/saw them, they were prancing around behaving like they were the greatest of superstars - completely over-the-top, and weird, considering that they were playing (badly) childrens music to adults. It was a real WTF moment.

And remember: "If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you ever even tried."

71289274971318940067.jpeg

Veda

Sponsor
They may have gotten more mileage if they wore something other than the funky, banana suits.

pic%2012.%20The%20Jive%20Aces%20at%20Twinwood%20Festival.jpg

That appears to be the official Scientology front group color...

8562089ef792c2b1_200x200t.jpg

P.S. Of course, just to be precise, Volunteer Ministers is a PR group, not a front group. :)

Last edited: