What's new

Sea Org Survival Guide

wiseman_of_the_watchtower

Patron with Honors
The following is my survival guide to the Sea Org. Well, it's more like a summary of things I learned while I found my way around the Sea Org.

It should give another perspective on life in the Sea Org

Estates Project Force - EPF

Have toilet paper. At least in CLO Canada, nobody has the job of re-stocking the T.P. in the washrooms. So it has become commonplace that all Sea Org members have their own stash on them, both in their offices and at the berthing. There is actually a rule that states that Sea Org members are not supposed to keep "org paper" for their own use, but since the "org paper" just sits in a closet once purchased, the rule is thoroughly broken. I kept my T.P. in a backpack, so I would have it at the berthing and the CLO too. I figured that just one roll was an in-ethics thing to do, since other people could have 5-7 rolls hidden in the back of a filing cabinet or a dresser in the berthing.

Don't keep any of your belongings in the crew storage room. There is always the possibility of some unscrupulous EPF member tossing everybody's stuff without asking anyone.

Do not expect SO members to look out for your safety They believe they are invincible, and may get you into serious situations.
  • Renos: Wear eye protection. Especially in deconstruction projects. Debris fly when working on walls, etc, and can get into your eyes.
  • Renos: Wear masks when working with drywall, sanding, or household insulation. If no masks are available (due to financial problems), at least use a piece of cloth to cover your nose and mouth. Refuse to work on fibreglass-type insulation where no proper breathing equipment is provided.
  • Do not allow another sea org member to drive you in their car if they are not well rested. I was in a small accident once, because my senior was driving after 3 hours of sleep, following a 30-hour sleepless all-hands project.

Sea Org Life in General

There are no friends. Do not be fooled into thinking that someone is your friend. While having someone to talk to may help to keep you sane on tedious long projects, do not mistake them for a friend. They are loyal to the Sea Org and only to the Sea Org. You mean nothing to anyone, no matter how close you seem to be. You will have no support from them when you need it most.

Do not seek marriage. Subject to the above guideline, marriage truly has little meaning. Given the rigorous schedule that one lives by, there is hardly time left for oneself, let alone one's partner. You can be posted in another country, without the possibility of ever seeing your loved one again. You can be ordered to divorce, if the need be. Even couples living on the same base may be scheduled to eat at different times, not being permitted to eat together. The conditions for a relationship are actually pretty degraded, considering the above. If you plan to be married, it is a good time to leave the Sea Org.

Family is not family. Subject to the above two points, any family member inside the SO can not be considered different then any other person. Do not depend on them. Do not confide in them.

"That means that anyone we haven't unplugged is potentially an agent." -Morpheus, from the movie "The Matrix"

Live healthy. Others around you may be on a steady diet of junk food, but they are not thinking about their health. Make sure to have plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet. If healthy food is not provided due to your base being nearly broke, you need to use your own pay to buy it. If you make $20 per week, you can get by spending $4 on some raw vegetables. Other people can blow their week's pay on junk food. So you can afford $4 for real food

Exercise. There is actually an LRH Policy called 'Exercise' which calls for staff members, especially people who sit at a desk all day (ie Sea Org members) to go out and get some exercise each day. I actually got scolded by the MAA for sending that policy letter to all Sea Org staff one day, since she didn't like the words "you should be out there..."(by LRH) being sent to all staff. I gues she thought it created a risk of people blowing. Forget her nonsense, let them exercise! If anybody blows, their time was coming soon anyway.

Ethics (Politics)

Listen, don't talk. If you are hearing somebody's grievance, don't suggest anything to them. Even if you think their situation is utterly rediculous, just smile and nod. If they were willing to put up with (their problem) in the first place, then they probably don't need the extra stress of you telling them how bad it is. Allow them to come to a decision on their own. They may still need time to come to grips with the reality of their situation. And for God's sake, don't write a KR on them. It's bad enough as it is.

Do not try to help anyone in CMO This applies to regular Sea Org members. I still don't know what exactly happens to them in there, but I have tried to help a CMO-type twice, and both times have had no results plus had to deal with the back-lash of their own foolishness. This applies especially to newer CMO members.

I think I will forward this list to OSA, I'd sure be happy if this were followed.

-Wiseman of the Watchtower

HCObringOrder?

Silver Meritorious Patron
Sure could have used this at Flag.
If I had known I was in a shark tank, I would have known that I should bite back.
But then Yazbeck had allways said I was stuck in Covert Hostility.

AnonKat

Crusader
Exercise. There is actually an LRH Policy called 'Exercise' which calls for staff members, especially people who sit at a desk all day (ie Sea Org members) to go out and get some exercise each day. I actually got scolded by the MAA for sending that policy letter to all Sea Org staff one day, since she didn't like the words "you should be out there..."(by LRH) being sent to all staff. I gues she thought it created a risk of people blowing. Forget her nonsense, let them exercise! If anybody blows, their time was coming soon anyway.

Was Judo not required ?

Ralph Hilton

Patron Meritorious
hhhmm - I don't agree with with the 2D advise. Married couples get better berthing so its probably best to marry someone who looks like they are good in bed whom you don't love.
That way you get a regular f, better accomodation and when you get ordered to divorce it doesn't hurt so bad.

They are hypocritical ( change rules )

teach people to one where they are to the organization in question then they have their rules

it can not be that way

It is totally wrong way

Do not enter in see org.

It is slavery and brainwash inside.

Simply do not enter.

You can be public ( do course and auditing for money etc etc ) but NEVER do not enter officaly into organization of churc of scientology.

This people is arogant.

You must fuck off them.

You can learn , you can do auditing , course , but do not eneter officali inside.

Be always on distanc.

You can fuck him into the mind.

Why ?

Becouse if you are not inside you are not part of him and they can not nothing.

If you are not inside you can do course , auditing and ewerthing WHAT YOU WANT FOR YOUR SELF.

It is your money.

They do not nothing with your decision what you will do.

If you are inside they think thet they have you.

Fuck off.

Very simple.

And you can stay here and to do smile into face of them and they can not TO DO NOTHING.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Galactic Federation, in case you're genuine: reading some of the "my stories" threads here, might give you not only a clue how this board generally works, it might even help in improving your English. Also, flooding the board with heaps of posts is not realy such a good idea. Why not take some time, or in your case, some more time, and try to put your message in one or two coherent, comprehensible posts?

Nothing do can they off fuck.

Ugh... I'm too friendly today, I should just agree with Mystic and then fuck off myself :)