What's new

Searching for anyone comfortable to talk about their experiences for a research paper

Hello, I am writing a research paper for my college class and chose my topic to be Scientology. It is a very personal topic for me because I have a grandma, cousins, aunts, and uncles deeply involved in it and my mom has spent her life harassed by the organization, and I have had some experience with that too. With my paper, I hope to break down the psychological aspects of Scientology and analyze why it works the way that it does. So if anybody on here would be comfortable with an interview (phone, skype, email, whatever works best) about some of their experiences- and would not mind being quoted in my paper- please send me a private message on here or email me at [email protected]! Thank you.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Re: Searching for anyone comfortable to talk about their experiences for a research p

With my paper, I hope to break down the psychological aspects of Scientology and analyze why it works the way that it does.

As Enthetan says, there are stories from a lot (hundreds) of people here. You are not going to find one archetypal person who embodies "the average Scientologist."

The best answer to your question is here, in a brilliant essay, The Three Basic Scientology Beliefs, written by an ex-poster here, Gadfly:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...Scientologists&p=746884&viewfull=1#post746884

Neither of those help with your game plan, but that's the way it is.

Paul

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Re: Searching for anyone comfortable to talk about their experiences for a research p

and would not mind being quoted in my paper

Keep in mind that a decent percentage of people here prefer to not have their real names revealed. Would that be necessary in order to be quoted as a "source" in your paper?

Keep in mind that a decent percentage of people here prefer to not have their real names revealed. Would that be necessary in order to be quoted as a "source" in your paper?

It is not necessary to use a real name. If you, or anybody else, feels more comfortable being quoted under a different name, that is perfectly fine!

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

While I obviously can't attest to her bona fides (and I apologize Elisabeth; once you've done some research and heard some stories, you will understand our caution), I will note that an Elisabeth Barrett did make the Fall 2015 Vice President's List at Delta College:

https://www.delta.edu/files/Academi...ievements/Fall 2015 Vice President's List.pdf

I will further note that a quick Google search for [email protected] turns up:

A Linked-In profile for an Elisabeth Barrett listing her education as Delta College.

A Pace Academy Facebook posting congratulating Elisabeth Barrett for winning a place in the Delta College LAND Writing Competition.

RogerB

Crusader

So, Elizabeth . . .

How goes it? Did you return to get your private massages?

R