What's new

Seattle anon wins case against head of OSA of Seattle, Ann Pearce

Drifteranon

I have to agree with Fluffy that Drifter (the anon caller) should not have engaged in this behavior. Making such telephone calls with...

Although, I was amused at how skydog confused me with CC, I thought I'd come sign up on the boards to correct you that it wasn't me who made the calls, it was our famous kilt-wearing anon, CC. From what I was told, there was only 3 or 4 calls, which he read OT3, rickrolled her, read the clear cognition and sang "you are a pirate" song. Nothing illegal happened. For a call to be considered harassment, it has to be either threatening/obscene or the caller has been clearly told to stop calling. The only thing that comes remotely close is I think he said 1 swear somewhere in all those calls. I hardly think singing a song to somebody to fall under any of those catagories. Now that Ann's made it clear for him to stop calling her, future calls would be harassment. So that being said, no laws were broken, it was all for fun, it maybe wasted 5-10 minutes of somebody's time and not really a big deal. I don't see why people are crying over the moral implications of some harmless calls. If you want to moan about how its some OSA tactic to "harass", get back to me when it involves poisoning pets, slashing tires and handing out libelious fliers to your neighbors calling you a pedophile. The attention getting headline on WWP was only intended to make Ann's stats crash hard, and not drive a wedge between anons/activists, whatever you call yourselves here/there.

Also for those who are playing the "Give us your number and see how you like it then" card, which is really pathetic and stupid of an arguement since everybody knows about fair-game, you can just hit me up on skype instead. I'm not that hard to find.

tl;dr, it was a prank, it was harmless, it wasn't illegal, drama and lulz were had, it's over, stop crying, get over it... and Ann footed all the court costs and cried to the judge for a good time even after CC left the room. Stats crashed. Epic win.

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron
Fluffy, Ann Pearce was willing to play the OTIII and Clear Cognition voice mail in COURT with at least 20 other cases in the room. The judge said it was not necessary, as I had already admitted to it. Trust me, this woman is above OTIII.

Of course she is. She was OT3 in 1983 when I first heard of her as the wife of David Voorhies, who the MAA AOLA asked me to "dose" with Thorazine while telling him he was taking vitamins.
I spoke with Ann Pierce ( or Pearce) on the 'phone about the cycle, thinking that she should know what had happened to David at the AO.
Then I met her briefly. I found her to be a heartless, cold, obese slob of a woman.
My thought on this is that she wasn't upset at all. That she saw it as a way to intimidate Anon.
It was illegal. I'm sure that she knew it, or was advised of it immediately, by her OSA colleagues.
That's all I have to say about it.

Chlng

skydog

Patron Meritorious
Although, I was amused at how skydog confused me with CC, I thought I'd come sign up on the boards to correct you that it wasn't me who made the calls, it was our famous kilt-wearing anon, CC. From what I was told, there was only 3 or 4 calls, which he read OT3, rickrolled her, read the clear cognition and sang "you are a pirate" song. Nothing illegal happened. For a call to be considered harassment, it has to be either threatening/obscene or the caller has been clearly told to stop calling. The only thing that comes remotely close is I think he said 1 swear somewhere in all those calls. I hardly think singing a song to somebody to fall under any of those catagories. Now that Ann's made it clear for him to stop calling her, future calls would be harassment. So that being said, no laws were broken, it was all for fun, it maybe wasted 5-10 minutes of somebody's time and not really a big deal. I don't see why people are crying over the moral implications of some harmless calls. If you want to moan about how its some OSA tactic to "harass", get back to me when it involves poisoning pets, slashing tires and handing out libelious fliers to your neighbors calling you a pedophile. The attention getting headline on WWP was only intended to make Ann's stats crash hard, and not drive a wedge between anons/activists, whatever you call yourselves here/there.

Also for those who are playing the "Give us your number and see how you like it then" card, which is really pathetic and stupid of an arguement since everybody knows about fair-game, you can just hit me up on skype instead. I'm not that hard to find.

tl;dr, it was a prank, it was harmless, it wasn't illegal, drama and lulz were had, it's over, stop crying, get over it... and Ann footed all the court costs and cried to the judge for a good time even after CC left the room. Stats crashed. Epic win.

I apologize for incorrectly ascribing the conduct to you rather than CC. I also checked the applicable statute (Washington Code 9A.46.020) and you are correct that the conduct alleged does not appear to violate that statute.

I would remind people that the statutes of each state are different and the same conduct would be a crime in the state I live in. (I will PM the a copy of the applicable statute to anyone interested.) At the risk of upsetting Alex, while harmless pranks are humorous in the real world, scientologists don't think they are funny and can be expected to respond as they did.

Drifteranon

No apology necessary skydog, confusing our nicknames will just confuse Co$ which I find hilarious and we do all the time. It's not that she didn't take it well, she didn't fear for her life or safety or other BS, she simply wanted to take whatever ammo she could to try and prevent one of our regular protesters from protesting. That's why she was pissing and moaning to the judge well after CC left and still when I left about him still being able to protest. Who cares about not being allowed 1000 feet from her residence that we don't even know where it's at other than it's somewhere in Burien. She doesn't either because she knows nobody's going to harm her or her family, because if she's really OSA and is allowed to read all the stuff here, then she would know that's not what we're about.

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
I apologize for incorrectly ascribing the conduct to you rather than CC. I also checked the applicable statute (Washington Code 9A.46.020) and you are correct that the conduct alleged does not appear to violate that statute.

I would remind people that the statutes of each state are different and the same conduct would be a crime in the state I live in. (I will PM the a copy of the applicable statute to anyone interested.) At the risk of upsetting Alex, while harmless pranks are humorous in the real world, scientologists don't think they are funny and can be expected to respond as they did.

You wont upset me.

Like all things there are different degrees....

Calling up a store and asking them to page mike hunt is always funny.

Calling the White House and being non sequitor never is. (mainly because men in suits then go around making sure its not funny)

Personally, baiting OSA is fair game in my book. It makes them feel like they are doing something useful.

But calling an individual scientologist at their home and ridiculing their beliefs would be out of line.

Done to this women........gray area....home vs OSA..... :confused2: So this specific incident....I really dont care.

But it is an incident that provides the opportunity for discussion.

My only point really is that some of us "believe" this stuff, and perhaps there is a chance of greater understanding both ways.

But calling an individual scientologist at their home and ridiculing their beliefs would be out of line.

Done to this women........gray area....home vs OSA..... :confused2: So this specific incident....I really dont care.

But it is an incident that provides the opportunity for discussion.

My only point really is that some of us "believe" this stuff, and perhaps there is a chance of greater understanding both ways.

It wasn't meant so much as to ridicule her beliefs, more of a childish action I decided to do. Not one of my better plans to begin with, but epic in it's outcome.

Personally, the alien stories, while funny, are nothing I'm against. I openly admit to having much weirder beliefs.

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
It wasn't meant so much as to ridicule her beliefs, more of a childish action I decided to do. Not one of my better plans to begin with, but epic in it's outcome.

Personally, the alien stories, while funny, are nothing I'm against. I openly admit to having much weirder beliefs.

docs or gtfo?

:)

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I like your posts and I like your attitude, CC. I also appreciate what Challenge had to say about Ann Pearce. I'm still not madly in love with what you did but it bugs me a lot less than it did. I'm impressed with your responses to Alex, not that you need my approbation- you don't.