What's new

Sec Check for Freewinds?

Gus

Patron with Honors
Hi, I'm curious to know, from anybody who got out more recently (or who is still in and under the radar), do you have to get a sec check before going to the ship? Not for OT VIII - I imagine those poor bastards get sec checked brutally - but like if you're just going to do a Route to Infinity type course or attend one of those fabulous "PR Conventions" or whatnot. (that PR Convention thing really cracked me up - learn PR "tech" from the most-hated church in the world!)

As I recall, for some time you just went there and routed onto your course - no sec check, no emeter anything.

What's the latest?

Thanks,

Gus

Oh, and PS: Do you get hounded by the IAS when you're on the ship these days? I'd hope they'd leave you alone for one lousy week, but the way things are lately... all the attacks from the German Psychs and SPs everywhere... :nervous:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Lol, Gus! Last I heard, you can route onto Conventions and Hatting Courses as usual; fill out the Questionaire and get Ethics Clearance via the Ship Relay Office.
As far as the IAS Regging goes; you're kidding, right? Captive prospects with nowhere to run to equals IAS Reg Heaven!

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi, I'm curious to know, from anybody who got out more recently (or who is still in and under the radar), do you have to get a sec check before going to the ship? Not for OT VIII - I imagine those poor bastards get sec checked brutally - but like if you're just going to do a Route to Infinity type course or attend one of those fabulous "PR Conventions" or whatnot. (that PR Convention thing really cracked me up - learn PR "tech" from the most-hated church in the world!)

As I recall, for some time you just went there and routed onto your course - no sec check, no emeter anything.

What's the latest?

Thanks,

Gus

Oh, and PS: Do you get hounded by the IAS when you're on the ship these days? I'd hope they'd leave you alone for one lousy week, but the way things are lately... all the attacks from the German Psychs and SPs everywhere... :nervous:
:whistling:

:lol: That is like asking "if the sun comes up in the East and sets in the West!

Gus

Patron with Honors
Lol, Gus! Last I heard, you can route onto Conventions and Hatting Courses as usual; fill out the Questionaire and get Ethics Clearance via the Ship Relay Office.
As far as the IAS Regging goes; you're kidding, right? Captive prospects with nowhere to run to equals IAS Reg Heaven!

Yeah, the answer to the IAS question was pretty obvious, I guess :biggrin:

The Ethics Clearance bit, though - does that involve sec checking, or is it just, "oh, he's on lines somewhere, so it's OK?"

I'm wondering if everyone who goes on the ship has to get sec checked now.

Gus

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Nope, not as far as I know. Maybe a metered Ethics Interview has become a pre-req but in the past, AFAIK, it was just a Review of the guys Ethics File and Summary to see if he's "acceptable" peeps for the rarefied atmosphere that is the "Hub of OT" here in the physical universe. The local MAA and Freewinds Rep get to write up the "OK to Visit" chit, I think.

Gus

Patron with Honors
Nope, not as far as I know. Maybe a metered Ethics Interview has become a pre-req but in the past, AFAIK, it was just a Review of the guys Ethics File and Summary to see if he's "acceptable" peeps for the rarefied atmosphere that is the "Hub of OT" here in the physical universe. The local MAA and Freewinds Rep get to write up the "OK to Visit" chit, I think.

Ah. Thanks!

As an aside, one of the things that always peeved me was they'd never bloody tell anybody where the bloody boat was. Like it was a big secret, or something. So you'd pay all this money and go there and then the fucking tub was in drydock!

Gus

omnom

Patron with Honors
As an aside, one of the things that always peeved me was they'd never bloody tell anybody where the bloody boat was. Like it was a big secret, or something. So you'd pay all this money and go there and then the fucking tub was in drydock!

Oh, but now we have the internet :D

Check out this site, plug "FREEWINDS" into the "Go to vessel" field, and press enter. This site allows you to track any registered vessel with AIS tracking (more accurately, those above a certain size are required to have a transponder, smaller vessels can optionally add one). You can go straight to the ship's page right over here. Looks like it was on the move from Bonaire just recently.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
WTF is in Curacao? She seems to end up there. A lot. I know they're considered a huge hub for human trafficking, but I don't know much else about the ABC islands besides that.