What's new

Secret History of David Miscavige

Shredder

Patron with Honors
True, but Hubbard on his bad days is what Miscavige is constantly.

Miscavige is a brutal usurper of power who lives in his own fantasyland.
He may be a product of Hubbard's philosophy or he may not, but he is definitely a nasty small-minded individual and represents the absolute worst of Scientology. I doubt that if you or I had been in his position we would've taken the choices he took.

The vast majority of Scientologists I met in my thirty years "in" were good people. A lot of them were executives who were slowly twisted out of shape by an increasingly insane system. Most did good things when left alone to do them.

I'm personally glad that Miscavige is where he is as it means that the cult has zero chance of survival with him at the helm. If a more compassionate person, such as Greg Wilhere (who was the first CO AOSH ANZO) or David Mayo were leading the cult, the place would be in much better shape PR-wise and probably not as brutal a mind-warp but most of us would still be there wasting our lives chasing non-existent "Total Freedom." No thank you very much.

I like to think that personal attacks on Miscavige that are exposing HIS past for all to see will drive him further into psychosis and thus accelerate the inevitable implosion of the cult. That means my friends and many others still in will be freed of their own chains and thee and me can find something else on the Net to spend our idle hours discussing. So - yes, I do think it is important.:D

:thankyou: :thankyou: Scooter, I'll second that.

Shredder

Patron with Honors
1. What of Davey's PTS rundown?

2. In my observation, this is true. Anyone who truly achieves a "condition" of power has assumed it--the quality of that Power depends on the motivation. Refer to point 1.

Yes, and then I was hoping to hear what happened with his family.
I know later on (early 90's) DM's dad Ron, (Snr) who was at Int - and in the Gold band playing trumpet, and Ronnie (Jnr) DM's brother, who was the MEI (Marketing Exec Int) at that time (early 90's) - who were really nice people - not of te same breed it would seem as DM.
And what of DM's mother?

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Oh, yeah, well that makes it even easier. Even I could shoot myself in the chest three or four times with a Ruger 10/22. Sorry, I should have realized this was a simple feat for a woman who was 200 years old at the time.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Oh, yeah, well that makes it even easier. Even I could shoot myself in the chest three or four times with a Ruger 10/22. Sorry, I should have realized this was a simple feat for a woman who was 200 years old at the time.

But she was committing suicide, right? While the balance of her mind was disturbed, right?

Personally, as I said before on the thread detailing all this stuff, I think it 99.5% likely that she was murdered. But there is still that 0.5% left. It's possible to be lying down with the weight of the rifle supported by the floor (or bed), and pull the trigger with the thumb. Not easy, or even likely, agreed, but not impossible.

Paul

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
8 Sept 1985. Her name was Flo Barnett. Easy to Google.

Paul

Thank you. I found "mother-in-law". So if we are to look at this from a Tech viewpoint, was this dm pulling in a motivator, as he had already cemented his suppressive regime into place?

Do we even know what sort of relationship existed--like, did he even care?

uniquemand

Unbeliever
People are rarely shot four times out of enjoyment of their company, or because people are comfortable with their knowledge.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Do we even know what sort of relationship existed--like, did he even care?

For example, here's a quote from a March 7, 1994 Vicky Aznaran affidavit at http://www.xenu-directory.net/victims/barnett1.html:

11. Flo Barnett's suicide was a scandal within the inner circles of Scientology. This was not due to the fact that she supposedly committed suicide, but due to the fact that she had become a member of a declared enemy group, David Mayo's Advanced Ability Center. She was receiving auditing and assistance from this group and at the time of her death, possessed a pack of the NED for OTs (secret upper level auditing procedures) which were believed to have come from David Mayo's group. Flo Barnett's membership in this group made her a suppressive person as she was actively "squirreling" and a member of a suppressive group. The fact that David Miscavige was linked to her by familial ties was extremely repugnant to him and to his wife, Michelle Miscavige. David Miscavige's comment upon her death was that "the bitch got what she deserved."​

Paul

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
People are rarely shot four times out of enjoyment of their company, or because people are comfortable with their knowledge.

That does not answer the question.

For example, here's a quote from a March 7, 1994 Vicky Aznaran affidavit at http://www.xenu-directory.net/victims/barnett1.html:

11. Flo Barnett's suicide was a scandal within the inner circles of Scientology. This was not due to the fact that she supposedly committed suicide, but due to the fact that she had become a member of a declared enemy group, David Mayo's Advanced Ability Center. She was receiving auditing and assistance from this group and at the time of her death, possessed a pack of the NED for OTs (secret upper level auditing procedures) which were believed to have come from David Mayo's group. Flo Barnett's membership in this group made her a suppressive person as she was actively "squirreling" and a member of a suppressive group. The fact that David Miscavige was linked to her by familial ties was extremely repugnant to him and to his wife, Michelle Miscavige. David Miscavige's comment upon her death was that "the bitch got what she deserved."​

Paul

That does answer the question.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Oh, no, Xenu, don't read anything into my words. I was just saying that when a person is shot four times, it's not usually a mistake of some kind. It's deliberate. Typically, there is malice involved. I haven't heard of a lot of multiple shots involved in suicides.

I have no knowledge of their relationship. I heard it intimated by conspiracy-mongers that she had knowledge of Hubbard's Last Will and Testament and how it was changed during his last days (or post-mortem).

Shredder

Patron with Honors
In 1985, Shelley Miscavage would I'm guessing, have been like 12-15 years old - max.
IMO she looked like a very young teenager when I was at Int in 1990.
And yet she had a strong opinion of DM's mother and her activities up to 1985 - in 1995; I guess in retrospect?
Does anyone else think that the timescale re DM's wife and mother is a bit skewy?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
In 1985, Shelley Miscavage would I'm guessing, have been like 12-15 years old - max.
IMO she looked like a very young teenager when I was at Int in 1990.
And yet she had a strong opinion of DM's mother and her activities up to 1985 - in 1995; I guess in retrospect?
Does anyone else think that the timescale re DM's wife and mother is a bit skewy?

But she was married to DM at the time of her mother's death. I doubt she married him at age 12.

Paul