What's new

Seeking some information about Scientology for a podcast

phenomanon

Canyon
Now that you are known to them, you can expect to receive lots of promo.
The first Reg step, now that you have bought a book, will begin with a Personality Test. The OCA. From it, they will tell you what is wrong with you and how Scn will help you with that.
If you continue, you will embark upon a Course of Training and Processing.
Smoother than Duck shit.
You are a Scientologist.

phenomanon

Canyon
First of all, thank you all so much for being so helpful and friendly! It has been overwhelming in a good way! I am trying to keep up with reading all the responses. Thank you all!
I have a few more questions:
There were probably five people that I saw in their all black but I am sure there are a lot more. Do they live in the church building? It was strange because the parking lot was full and there were a lot of texas license plates, bizarre for being in Georgia. Also, when I was at the reception desk the receptionist was telling me that she watches this person on YouTube who has a podcast. I was under the impression that people in Scientology wouldn't have access to the internet because then they could be exposed to the church's BS. Or maybe they have limited access...?

This next question may be a bit inappropriate, if it is I apologize in advance and of course do not feel at all obligated to answer any of my questions. But have any of you ever been threatened? Did you ever feel unsafe physically? Or even physically harmed?

JeezOPete! I felt unsafe on that fooking Flagship Apollo because I was unsafe. I was out in the middle of the Ocean with a bunch of psychos! WTF!

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
NFIH

Some of your posts have enough information for them to identify you. Naming the org and quoting correspondence verbatim with phone number, etc. They monitor this board and could very possibly put it all together. You can delete or edit your posts for a limited time. Otherwise you may need to request an edit from the mods.

I think the immediate risk of a physical encounter with you as raw public is negligible. And your interest in conducting a podcast seems relatively innocent to where they probably would assign you a low risk category unworthy of PIs and Fair Gaming. A threatening letter from OSA or an attorney maybe.

The real risk becomes greater in proportion to one's involvement. This is especially so since that implies more cooperation on your part and more assumption/demand of your cooperation on their part.

But I by no means intend to downplay the actual risk:

http://www.xenu-directory.net/mirrors/www.whyaretheydead.net/

NFIH.

NFIH

Some of your posts have enough information for them to identify you. Naming the org and quoting correspondence verbatim with phone number, etc. They monitor this board and could very possibly put it all together. You can delete or edit your posts for a limited time. Otherwise you may need to request an edit from the mods. /QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice! I have taken out the quote from the letters. It is probably wise because you are right, they are most likely monitoring this site. It is just so confusing to me. Let's be real, they clearly have a PR problem. There are tons of videos on YouTube and people around the globe that will speak out against the organization, like this forum, and not to mention the mainstream documentaries like Going Clear. If Scientology is run like a business, which I believe it is, then why wouldn't they want to fix their image problem by maybe talking to me for the podcast or being more open and transparent. It would seem to me that if a major multi-billion dollar industry (which I am guessing Scientology is) had these problems they would be hiring teams to figure out how to rebrand themselves or how to soften their stances or something! It just seems that the church is like "eh...whatever" or like "if anyone talks bad about us they will feel the force of our hands and our lawyers". It just seems like this model cannot be sustainable. Dianetics was published in 1950 a long time before the internet, so it was so much easier to control the information that people in the church received and information that left the church, but now that we are so connected it is nearly impossible to not be exposed to certain things, including the reality of Scientology. Do you see the downfall of Scientology in the next 10...20 years? Or maybe they just need to be completely restructured?

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for the advice! I have taken out the quote from the letters. It is probably wise because you are right, they are most likely monitoring this site. It is just so confusing to me. Let's be real, they clearly have a PR problem. There are tons of videos on YouTube and people around the globe that will speak out against the organization, like this forum, and not to mention the mainstream documentaries like Going Clear. If Scientology is run like a business, which I believe it is, then why wouldn't they want to fix their image problem by maybe talking to me for the podcast or being more open and transparent. It would seem to me that if a major multi-billion dollar industry (which I am guessing Scientology is) had these problems they would be hiring teams to figure out how to rebrand themselves or how to soften their stances or something! It just seems that the church is like "eh...whatever" or like "if anyone talks bad about us they will feel the force of our hands and our lawyers". It just seems like this model cannot be sustainable. Dianetics was published in 1950 a long time before the internet, so it was so much easier to control the information that people in the church received and information that left the church, but now that we are so connected it is nearly impossible to not be exposed to certain things, including the reality of Scientology. Do you see the downfall of Scientology in the next 10...20 years? Or maybe they just need to be completely restructured?

The scientology organization does everything according to the instructions of their founder L. Ron Hubbard.

Hubbard said that if a newspaper reporter asks for an interview about scientology he must be refused. This is because, according to Hubbard, they have already got a negative story written and they just want to add credibility to it by saying they conducted an interview. They probably apply this policy nowadays to all such requests, even podcasts.

Scientology organizations can't be "completely restructured" because they can only work in the manner that Hubbard outlined in his policies. Therefore they will continue doing the same crazy things until they eventually die out.

They have billions of dollars but only a few thousand people so it is difficult to say when their demise will come or what will happen to the money when there is no one left to spend it.

Last edited:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

The answer is in your question.

Scientology cannot change. I know it sounds bizarre however it's the truth, the 'policies' written way back when are to be followed to the letter and of course Hubbard did not write anything that would cover today's social media except that any media are "merchants of chaos" and to treat them as such. Add the people who have spoken out who are routinely attacked for doing so and you have a mad dog organisation hiding beneath 'clerical garb'.

It cannot change, restructure or re-brand or it would not be scientology, and that is against Hubtub's orders. And if it did appear to do so it would be more lying and cloaking. Scratch the surface and the mad dog is soon visible again. Crazy huh? :duh:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
NFIH

Some of your posts have enough information for them to identify you. Naming the org and quoting correspondence verbatim with phone number, etc. They monitor this board and could very possibly put it all together. You can delete or edit your posts for a limited time. Otherwise you may need to request an edit from the mods. /QUOTE]

Your welcome, I didn't know if you wanted to maintain some anonymity but it is better not to assume anything here. Why give anything to OSA that can help them if you don't have to? This is a very big rabbit hole, the black hole of rabbit holes. You are supposed to be confused. LRH even felt that by making the subject so outrageous it provided plausible deniability. After all, how could anything be so crazy?

If you go to this link, navigate to the folder for HCOPLs and look for the Reporter TRs BPL. This is exactly how you would be handled in an interview and it is exemplary of LRH's attitude toward reporters.

http://www.matrixfiles.com/Scientology Materials/

Note that this BPL was originally issued in 1969, coincidentally a year after LRH's disastrous interview in 1968:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG1Rhv18rOI

There is very little distinction between what was originally established as the Intelligence Bureau in the Guardians Office and the PR Bureau - spy ops vs PR, as witnessed by Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun. Notice that the Church uses PR people to do dirty tricks and interchangeably uses dirty tricks people as a public face of the Church. This is problematic because eventually the people they prop up in public become tainted and must be tossed under the bus or distanced. Tommy Davis coincidentally disappeared from PR after claiming in public that there was no such thing as Disconnection and then being recorded trying to enforce disconnection in a field op. In person, Jane Kember was a lovely lady with a great sense of humour and irony but she wasn't a pushover either. I can't imagine that they could field anyone like her today to do OSA ops. I envision the current stock to be completely without individual personality or spine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Snow_White

Apparently they no longer have anyone for whom they feel confident to apply the Reporter TRs and by default, and a need for Attorney Client Privilege, now use Blinky & Dinky, Esq. for important interviews - though the desired effect of this also remains in dispute.

LRH set up the organization to function with or without him without change with a fanatical fervor. But here's the thing - there are as many versions of what this means as there are layers of Scientologists. There is the version for raw meat/wogs, public Scientologists, Mission staff, non-Sea Org staff, Sea Org rank and file, SO upper management, Corporate, CMO, OSA, RTC, etc., and finally LRH or his successor(s). Technically, if you change something by degree then it is still LRH's original intention. LRH created the Safe Environment Fund to build up a war chest and legal defense fund and bug out bag after Snow White went sideways and the 77 FBI raids. This was a precursor to the IAS. LRH enjoyed property acquisition but he was a cheapskate and DM must have felt a huge restraint lifted upon his death to now push in that direction since it was what he seemed to know and do best. LRH often changed and contorted the Tech and steps on the Bridge to maximize profit and cover up failures and PR disasters so re-writing all the material and forcing people to redo earlier steps of the Bridge should be no surprise. I am amused to see "traditional" and Indie Scientologists get in a huff because their appeals to policy go unheeded, as though this was ever for their benefit. In summary, what we see today is a normal progression of authentic Scientology. This IS the restructuring.

If it was defensible DM would be defending and promoting it himself in public and for that matter so would LRH in his lifetime. But eventually he had to withdraw from public view, adopt a spoken and written policy of becoming fabian - hiding and attacking the opposition unexpectedly, and so it seems current management is doing the same. Providing material to non-Scientology pod casts doesn't fit this model. You could pursue your attempt but for all practical purposes it would be to chronicle the rejection.

Scientology is being kept alive by old utopianists who got into it before the internet, and their progeny who don't know anything different. Even in the heyday, there was a bell curve, a time line where people got in and progressed out. It may have been 5 - 10 years or longer for most serious Scientologists but I have to think that today this curve is too short to generate a viable number of 2nd generation followers. I think motivation is another big factor in decline. People who were attracted to Scientology used to be seekers and idealists and they stayed out of faith and loyalty but 2nd generation followers never had the freedom to make that choice all on their own and many new staff are probably joining from other countries out of a desire to come to America and improve their opportunities for a better life. If you sell and proselytize based on things like hope and freedom you will get basically good people who can then be molded to suit your agenda. Notice ISIS has no need for such things. They do an excellent job of recruiting based on the promise of being able to exercise your sociopathic impulses without restraint. I think Scientology has reached a point where it can be recognized as a place where people can fulfill these other personal ambitions under the cloak of Scientology and will attract a different class of followers which will cause it to further deteriorate along the lines it has been going. The recent false imprisonment case in Tennessee exemplifies this:

http://tonyortega.org/2017/05/11/on...down-tennessee-scientologist-talks-up-mexico/

The Church was doing stuff like this under LRH in the 70s. It requires logistics to keep people under restraint against their will. You need security personnel, food preparation, clean-up, medical, transportation, a perimeter or structure that offers privacy and seclusion, a legal umbrella, etc. In Tennessee all of this was not being done under the Church proper, it was now being done under an affiliate.

Scientology will continue on for a long time but I think the form will look more and more like Tennessee.

Last edited: