Sending Private Messages to me on ESMB

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Within the next 6 months John McAfee may have the answer to our internet privacy concerns.....

"My new technology is going to provide a new type of Internet, a decentralized, floating and moving Internet that is impossible to hack, impossible to penetrate and vastly superior in terms of its facility and neutrality. It solves all of our security concerns," McAfee said in an interview with this newspaper.

http://www.mercurynews.com/business...ohn-mcafee-vows-make-internet-impossible-hack

On a somewhat related note, McAfee admits that the anti-virus software bearing his name has become less than stellar over the past 15 years since he sold the company.

In this video he shows you how to efficiently and successfully remove the McAfee software....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKgf5PaBzyg

As long as I haven't had a good chance to have a close look at how he wants to approach the technical questions which automatically arise from his promises, this isn't worth my time.

"A decentralized, floating and moving Internet" kinda indicates that his concept includes alternative, independent DNS-concepts and -servers. An idea that has been tried in... ... ugh... I believe it was in early 2k or so. I toyed around with such non-standard-DNS-servers back then and I saw some "very interesting" web-sites based on alternative technical concepts, but all in all the whole idea kinda defeated the concept of a free, open, universal internet.

I felt as if I was thrown back into my early days of modems and private, independent, insular mail-box systems.

tl;dr:
I won't get my hopes too high.

Lone Star

Crusader
As long as I haven't had a good chance to have a close look at how he wants to approach the technical questions which automatically arise from his promises, this isn't worth my time.

"A decentralized, floating and moving Internet" kinda indicates that his concept includes alternative, independent DNS-concepts and -servers. An idea that has been tried in... ... ugh... I believe it was in early 2k or so. I toyed around with such non-standard-DNS-servers back then and I saw some "very interesting" web-sites based on alternative technical concepts, but all in all the whole idea kinda defeated the concept of a free, open, universal internet.

I felt as if I was thrown back into my early days of modems and private, independent, insular mail-box systems.

tl;dr:
I won't get my hopes too high.

Yeah I understand what you mean. From what I understand though he's not going to be employing any non-standard DNS servers though. He feels pretty confident that it's going to work and figures on the music and movie industry fighting him over it because, well you probably know why.

Anyway, we'll see in about 6 months if he's full of it or not.