Separating the Truth from Lies

beekay

Patron
I didn't actually "blow"
I think the staff pretty much had me figured out as being someone who would give a new definition to PTS.
As PCs we would report our wins at the end of the night I'd ask stuff like "Do people really believe that LRH did all this stuff in one lifetime? Including service in the Navy, being wounded to the extent where he was crippled and blind, then recovered miraculously from his wounds?"
At one point I was called into the CSs office and read 'Keeping Scientology Working' with 2 guys standing over me and a third doing the reading.
But I still enjoyed myself when I was on course because I just thought it was cool being around a bunch of up-tone people.

A guy who'd been in for a while mentioned to me after a discussion that we'd had, that a good way to get out of the church was to say that I needed to leave to handle some PTPs I think, if I recall correctly at some point I declared myself Dianetics Clear. They audited me to be sure I wasn't squirreling or under the control of an SP. That was in '80

I changed my address and phone# and didn't hear from the church again til 2008 when a disgruntled business partner gave them my personal info as a way of getting even with me.

All the while I was away, I was thinking in Scn terms though, and I considered there to be a portion of truth to Dianetics.

I like the concept that we're thetans - eternal beings that posess an earthly body.
... for starters.

So I'm just curious what other Ex's opinions are of what tech they still hold as being truth.

Forget about LRH as far as I'm concerned he guy was a complete fake... don't wanna talk about him.

I'm aware that the lies outnumber the truths. I think I'm just in a process of truth seeking. I always considered Scn to be a source of truth even though I was away from the church. But then one day I decided to read up on Xenu and then... I was appalled. How did people end up being sold this?

Perhaps this is in the wrong category. If mods find it nessecary, move it to where it belongs.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
How did people end up being sold this?

Forget OTIII, History of Man, Truth about Radiation, barley water for babies...all should have people laughing and running away as fast as possible.

I would love to fully understand the answer to that question. But as a never in, however many accounts I read of how people have been slowly boiled, I can get as far as to understand it logically but can't get to the empathy understanding.

I don't think I ever will, it is one of those things I would need to have experienced to understand fully. I would like to hope that my learning about Scientology and the methods of cults will inoculate me against ever finding out first hand, but what I do know is that everyone is vulnerable to the insidiousness of cultic indoctrination.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
<snip>

At one point I was called into the CSs office and read 'Keeping Scientology Working' with 2 guys standing over me and a third doing the reading.

That's weird. That would usually be done in an Ethics Office (sometimes "gang bang" like you say)... not a C/S office.

All the while I was away, I was thinking in Scn terms though, and I considered there to be a portion of truth to Dianetics.

<snip>

Yes, it can take a looooong time to get out of the SCN mindset.

Last edited:

beekay

Patron
That's weird. That would usually be done in an Ethics Office (sometimes "gang bang" like you say)... not a C/S office.

QUOTE]

It may have been the ethics office. It was way back in '80. Fust 3 guys and myself in some office. I remember the guy read to me "Scientology would rather have you dead than incapable"

beekay

Patron
I don't envy everyone who spent decades 'in' and huge sums of money.
I just hope that if you did, at some point you had some fun.
I went to a couple parties with the Scientology folks, and it seemed like everyone was having a good time
Actually the Scientologists I knew were all cool to be around. Especially compared to the people I knew who were Wogs, a great many of whom had a nice needle track on their arms.
There are a lot of ways to waste your life and your money out there, not just scientology.