SF Mission- Sutter Street- COSMOD

msureof

Hi, I just joined last week. I worked at the SF Mission when it first opened aroud 1978. I have been out of COS since around 1981. I helped build the mission and later worked in Div. 6 giving free personality tests, registering people for the Comm. Course, and running around outside working like a dog to recruit people. I quess I would like some closure and I did meet some great folks there. I worked with Mary, Drew S. Robert C. and more. I miss Ed and Outi, and Astrid. Would love to chat with anybody that had that history in common with me. We all have some stories don't we. Let me know. Mark in Texas. :)

Hi, I just joined last week. I worked at the SF Mission when it first opened aroud 1978. I have been out of COS since around 1981. I helped build the mission and later worked in Div. 6 giving free personality tests, registering people for the Comm. Course, and running around outside working like a dog to recruit people. I quess I would like some closure and I did meet some great folks there. I worked with Mary, Drew S. Robert C. and more. I miss Ed and Outi, and Astrid. Would love to chat with anybody that had that history in common with me. We all have some stories don't we. Let me know. Mark in Texas. :)

If you knew Roy Selby and want to get in touch, he commonly hangs out at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FreezoneOrg/.

Mark A. Baker

msureof

Delphi, COSMOD, SF Mission

I joined COS in Portland and they put me on the Estates Projects (fancy word for construction labor), and they sent me up to help renovate a huge house near Delphi. I went to the Delphi School once and was impressed. After that I helped build the new SF Mission and then I stayed on and worked in the Public Division. I don't think I knew a Roy. But it has been so long ago that the memories of a lot of names has vanished. I traveled to SF a few years ago with my wife and noticed the mission on Sutter was closed. Thanks for the reply. Best wishes, Mark

Welcome!

Hi Mark, Welcome to ESMB! I'll bet if you read around on lots of threads, you might find some old friends, and will make some new ones. I'm glad you're here! :)

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
... they sent me up to help renovate a huge house near Delphi. ...

This one?
8FB7A255-3B1C-48AB-89DD-3AFF5A00B83B.jpg
I think this was Martin Samuels' house, by the river. It used to be all by itself in a big field with some trees. Now It's Sheridan Country Inn. I think. :unsure:

Hi Mark,

I PMed you. I think I know you...and I do know the people you mentioned. Some are still in, some out. Robert C. is still in, as I think is Drew S (as of two years ago at least). We do have some stories, Mark.

Welcome, and my Best
!
:clap: :clap: