What's new

Shelley Miscavige: Holy Shit

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Well it looks like we have the full support of both Feral and Panda!

Can the whole Continent of Australia be far behind?

We need all kinds of nattering, subversive, uncontrollable spinning malcontents in this fight!!!

WHAT DO YOU SAY AUSTRALIA???

What exactly is it that you are asking Australia to do?

Yes! - I'm here!

Interesting with all the new blogs.. By freezoners and people who retain some liking for the 'tech'.

Looks like a mutiny brewing within the cult.

And I do think that those who can, and eventually will, throw Miscavige out the window are the scientologists themselves. I'm surprized that they haven't already.. But I ain't complaining. Better late than never, as I say when I've slept over..

Soon we will celebrate DM's new status as defenestrated ecclesiastical leader!

However, I don't believe that Scientology can be reformed or 'saved'. The reforms needed to make it 'palatable' will also make it extinct.

But that's not the issue right now..

:wiggle:

Miscavige will be tossed out, a new Ronbot will be put in place to rule over Hubbard's totaltarinian cult. The Freezoners will be celebrating while the abuses continue.

In a few years, Miscavige will start a blog in an attempt to depose the latest abusing Ronbot running the cult, and the freezoners will start humping Miscavige's leg next, continuing the dysfunctional wash, rinse, spin cycle once again.

People still searching for a comic book character and the imaginary disembodied space parasites he created, are too crazy to have it any other way.

The con game does not work without Hubbard's imaginary war and at least a few imaginary enemies "goofing the floof" to take the focus off Hubbard's failed Tech.

As for entertainment value, you can't beat it, it has to be the most dsyfunctrional reality show train wreck on the internet, and far as the people who are suffering as a result of Hubbard's abusing and self servicing policies ... sorry folks worshiping Ron is too important and far too lucrative to be concerned with your plight, you need to get with the program, and move up to a "higher" level of mindfuckdom.

Last edited:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Welcome back to the natter board, Al! :clap:

I agree with Alanzo, and it will take many of us working together to untie the knotty problem that is the COS, coming at it from many angles, legal, governmental, PR and otherwise. Marty is an effective change agent who can reach many that we cannot reach. He's already demonstrated this via rallying the interviews in the St. Petersburg Times articles and vids.

It's a call to arms, folks...no matter what you may think of Marty or any other Ex or critic, we do have a common battle to engage in, and it's our choice to take up weapons and fight for freedom or not.

Some of us did it in our personal lives, but left friends and loved ones behind still in. I for one am willing to fight for their freedom as well.

There is an old southwestern saying, that the way to kill a snake is to cut off it's head. I agree that removing DM from power is not going to untie the whole knot of Scientology, but it's a darn good place to start on real reform, and I support anyone who has the juice to effect that change.

Looking forward to hearing how it all went a year from now.

anonymous1312

Patron with Honors
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/

During this period Shelly confided in my friend that she was terrified because she thought Dave was “going Type III.” She lamented how he would sometimes walk around mumbling, then periodically shouting, “Shelly, where is the gold buried?” She swore she had no idea what gold DM was referring to.
Much as I'd like to believe this account I find it hard to believe David Miscavige was too dumb to get Hubbard to spill the beans with respect to where he'd buried all those war chests around the world before Hubbard exteriorised.

Miscavige is doubtless rolling in it since it would require a lot of effort and insane financial stupidity to spend the billions Hubbard left behind; he would have to be like Michael Jackson x 1000. With a modicum of financial prudence and investment the whole organisation should be self sustaining on interest alone despite the lack of donations.

Also wasn't this 6 years ago and there was no financial strain on the organisation then.

Last edited:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/

During this period Shelly confided in my friend that she was terrified because she thought Dave was “going Type III.” She lamented how he would sometimes walk around mumbling, then periodically shouting, “Shelly, where is the gold buried?” She swore she had no idea what gold DM was referring to.
Much as I'd like to believe this account I find it hard to believe David Miscavige was too dumb to get Hubbard to spill the beans with respect to where he'd buried all those war chests around the world before Hubbard exteriorised.

Miscavige is doubtless rolling in it since it would require a lot of effort and insane financial stupidity to spend the billions Hubbard left behind; he would have to be like Michael Jackson x 1000. With a modicum of financial prudence and investment the whole organisation should be self sustaining on interest alone despite the lack of donations.

Also wasn't this 6 years ago and there was no financial strain on the organisation then.

Hubbard never had "billions". He didn't even have "hundreds of millions".

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Hubbard never had "billions". He didn't even have "hundreds of millions".

I don't think we have any kind of accurate idea of how or where the money was or how much. Especially considering the incestuous commingling of funds between the 'Church' and Ron.

There's a black hole somewhere.

Zinj

anonymous1312

Patron with Honors
Unless I'm mistaken I thought Mark Headly just gave a figure of $750,000,000 currently.

That looks to be a rough estimate of current visible liquid assets. Hubbard was however always preparing for "the worst" and literally buried shed loads of readily traded assets (precious metals, jewels and the like) all over the place around the world. Presumably Miscavige knows where all this was buried and given the price of precious metals has rocketed of late, he must surely have at least double that to his finger tips.

Hence my surprise at him banging on asking where the gold is buried, because he must know unless he foolishly allowed Hubbard to exteriorize without getting it out of him.

Still he ought to be able to find it, he has the man power, he knows where Hubbard went and he surely knew the man enough to figure out where he'd stash buried treasure - Hubbard probably saw himself as the romantic swashbuckling pirate burying all that booty.

BTW, Mick when you say Hubbard never had billions etc, you're essentially correct but Hubbard had absolute access to all the organisations' money. He drove the bean counters nuts with his constant random money grabbing.

Likewise David Miscavige is pretty low paid too, he just has everything provided by the organisation. He too has control over the considerable amounts of organisation money.

Think of the organisation as a very big money sponge and Miscavige is the one who can squeeze it. All those items, DVDs, CDs, courses, books etc, that members buy are sold at cost but included in that cost are a lot of soaks such as (perhaps the biggest) multiple layers of license fees, transport costs, packaging, storage, etc. Pretty much everything is done in house (transport is sometimes outsourced), because this ensures every ounce of money can be shifted around and nickel and dimed away in to a tax assessors nightmare.

Anyhow, the point is the organisation is very rich still, so don't be too impressed by purchases it makes or how many books it publishes to show growth etc.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
All those items, DVDs, CDs, courses, books etc, that members buy are sold at cost <snip>

Standard Hubbard policy on book pricing is something like take the cost of manufacturing the item, multiply by five, add twice the cost of mailing it anywhere in the world, and that's the full retail price. Books are sold in the CofS with postage included in the price. That pricing formula allows bulk discounts. For example, orgs can buy from the Pubs Orgs (like Bridge) at 50% discount in quantities of 25 of the same item (or something like that).

Paul

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Unless I'm mistaken I thought Mark Headly just gave a figure of $750,000,000 currently.

That is the approximate figure of what is in the IAS reserves.

Hubbard never had hundreds of millions of dollars - there ain't any sort of "black hole (pace Zinj) - all anyone needs to do is to look over the income of Scientology and add it up to figure that out.

Hubbard had millions - I am not saying he was short of the readies - merely that he did not have a "billion" or "hundreds of millions".

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
BTW, Mick when you say Hubbard never had billions etc, you're essentially correct but Hubbard had absolute access to all the organisations' money. He drove the bean counters nuts with his constant random money grabbing.

He did have absolute access but you are assuming that the organizations had loads of money - they did not.

SOR in 1982 had $114 million dollars.

Hubbard for all his faults (and we can spend a lot of time discussing those...) actually did have some standards for fleecing the flock. he may have overcharged for the ridiculous books - but at least he actually sold the book. The services may have been dumb and a waste of money - but at least he delivered them.

The idea of raising money directly was something he spoke against. It took DM to actually start raking in millions upon millions of dollars without actually delivering anything at all.

Yes Hubbard had cash and he had jewels and gold. But if you know the GI figures for Scientology and the bills paid you would know that even if he creamed every surplus penny off the top throughout the sixties and seventies he could not have had more than some millions.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
That is the approximate figure of what is in the IAS reserves.

Hubbard never had hundreds of millions of dollars - there ain't any sort of "black hole (pace Zinj) - all anyone needs to do is to look over the income of Scientology and add it up to figure that out.

Hubbard had millions - I am not saying he was short of the readies - merely that he did not have a "billion" or "hundreds of millions".

You may be right Mick. My Scientology formula goes something like this: Assume the worst then multiply it by 10 and you're beginning to approximate.

So far that's always a low estimate :)

Zinj

anonymous1312

Patron with Honors
...But if you know the GI figures for Scientology and the bills paid you would know that even if he creamed every surplus penny off the top throughout the sixties and seventies he could not have had more than some millions.
Agree with some of your comments, can't comment on others but would you mind publishing the Gross Income figures you have for the whole of the church of scientology and related organisations during this period?

Bear in mind a lot of time was spent with financial black holes to evade tax for a while; like I said the bean counters were driven nuts by how Hubbard use to run things. Hubbard also made a pretty penny on shrewd investments for a while, none of which was directly his of course so I imagine young Davy had a fair handle on such things.

Suffice to say what Miscavige took over would have amounted to upwards of a billion dollar+ industry, even without all the wealth Hubbard had stowed away for a (radioactive) rainy day - he wasn't just interested in burying records of his teachings. Unless Miscavige was somewhat feeble in the head it was all set up for him, the organisation should be financially very fit and healthy.

As you say Miscavige has been rather more efficient in getting money out of members than Hubbard and he's being doing that since 1986 or there about so really the organisation (as a whole and incorporating all things related) should still have plenty of cash reserves even without the rainy day funds buried by Hubbard; Miscavige's probably dug those up already though and converted them to other assets, Miscavige lacks the romance that Hubbard had (he's no pirate).

Going back to the original point though the idea of Miscavige walking the corridors wailing "where's the gold buried?" just doesn't ring true, not because there wasn't any buried gold but because he must surely have known or found out where it was buried before Hubbard exteriorised; maybe that's why Hubbard lasted so long in isolation.

Unless of course Miscavige is a dumb ass, but he's too good at running the organisations to be that dumb. And that coup take over of his was pretty sharp - nope, he's not that dumb so the story lacks credibility. Sorry all, might be a shred of truth but I fear much embellishment.

Last edited: