What's new

Should History be Rewritten?

This is an interesting short video - questioning our version of history. In Scientology we see history being rewritten, Hubbard himself disavowed one of his 3 marriages, and Miscavage has effectively erased the other 2 and all his children. In current politics we see disapproved information being labeled fake news, in the face of evidence to the contrary. We see labeling of scientists critical of climate change nee global warming as deniers, when they are asking for scientific method to be used over flawed computer models.

Denials of facts contrary to the wishes of the few, their insistence their version of reality is the only valid one, is a very weird position to hold, when mother nature could have a very unpleasant future in store for us, when recessions could tank whole economies, when we are totally unprepared for any major disaster.

So. What does history tell us? Why should it be rewritten? Watch the video my friend.

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
This is an interesting short video - questioning our version of history.
It's a very good video. Explains in simple layman's terms how much of the existing archaeological record is at odds with academia's established paradigm of human history.

Also of interest to this forum is how far off beam Hubbard's work regarding human history is. 'History Of Man', anyone? I do recall Hubbard talking about advanced humans intermingling with ancient Egyptians, but who knows where he got that from. Perhaps some of his pc's recalls came close to revealing the truth of humanity's forgotten history. Perhaps their imaginations came close to it.

Either way, Hubbard didn't have the intellectual curiosity, capacity, or tools to follow up on what he allegedly found.

The bottom line is that we're missing a huge chunk of data about mankind's early history on this planet. The existing scientific paradigm cannot and does not explain the archaeological anomalies brought up in the video. I predict we'll see a major shakeup of the accepted timeline of human history in the coming decades.

Last edited:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Yes history needs to be rewritten and it is being rewritten, constantly.

Popular culture loves the idea that the experts are completely wrong and that we will one day find a polished granite tomb, temple or time-warp buried under millions of years of coal and ice. That it's a popular idea doesn't make it true.

When the ice age ended the waters rose and much human habitation was lost, buried under the moving sands under the rough waters of the North Sea and Indian Ocean, etc. The area between Asia and Australia became a series of islands. People tend to live close to the sea, for food and for transport, many current capital cities are close to sea level and many would be destroyed by a large raising of sea levels. I'm sure the same would have been the case in the period when people were walking across land-bridges that have since disappeared. There have been under sea cities found off the coast of India from before this flood period.

Where is the evidence that these things he is talking about are true if he's so scientific. Where are the readings that say that the temple in Turkey is as old as he says?

Perhaps we will discover things in the tundra or under the icecaps that will shock everyone, it is possible, but hasn't happened as far as I know.

A lot of conjecture and woo woo stuff is written about ancient times. Von Daniken for instance, he took things literally, he saw things from a twentieth century viewpoint, a circle drawn round the head of a stick man must mean space helmet, well no, it could mean 'this one is special' in the way that renaissance painters painted saints with circles round their heads. A half man half lion carving could just be meaning that his name was Leo, we'll never know, but there's no reason to believe that men mated with lions and produced hybrids. Giant skulls with central large holes have been proof that there were giants with one eye, but when looked at properly they were found to be mammoth or elephant skulls.

History is not a constant, it is being rewritten every few years. Have a look at British Edwardian Geography text books and the 'scientific' description of 'Natives' will make the hardest fascist embarrassed. The history of the Vikings is constantly being renewed, the Anglo-Saxons once a primitive uncivilised group of people has turned out to have produced amazingly detailed work in gold and garnets that would be hard for modern jewellers to make with magnifying lenses and steel tools, it doesn't mean that they had secret microscopes and modern machinery. The Normans conquered Britain and so they re wrote history saying that they were civilised and everything about the Anglo-axons was bad, they banned people from speaking 'English' and demanded that they spoke French. This is why four lettered words are looked down at while long winded Latin based ones are OK. In our turn we conquered India and looked down on their sophisticated cultures, rewriting history accordingly.

Last edited:
La La Lou Lou: "Where is the evidence that these things he is talking about are true if he's so scientific. Where are the readings that say that the temple in Turkey is as old as he says?"

Humm. Let's ask wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Göbekli_Tepe

Dating[edit]
View of site and excavation
Earliest carbon-14 dates for Göbekli Tepe as of 2013.[13]
The imposing stratigraphy of Göbekli Tepe attests to many centuries of activity, beginning at least as early as the Epipaleolithic period. Structures identified with the succeeding period, Pre-Pottery Neolithic A (PPNA), have been dated to the 10th millennium BCE.[citation needed] Remains of smaller buildings identified as Pre-Pottery Neolithic B (PPNB) and dating from the 9th millennium BCE have also been unearthed.[citation needed]
A number of radiocarbon dates have been published[citation needed]:
Lab-Number Context cal BCE
Ua-19561 enclosure C 7560 –7370
Ua-19562 enclosure B 8280–7970
Hd-20025 Layer III 9110–8620
Hd-20036 Layer III 9130–8800
The Hd samples are from charcoal in the fill of the lowest levels of the site and would date the end of the active phase of occupation of Level III - the actual structures will be older. The Ua samples come from pedogenic carbonate coatings on pillars and only indicate the time after the site was abandoned—the terminus ante quem.[14]
Layer III
At this early stage of the site's history, circular compounds or temene first appear. They range from 10 to 30 metres in diameter. Their most notable feature is the presence of T-shaped limestone pillars evenly set within thick interior walls composed of unworked stone. Four such circular structures have been unearthed so far. Geophysical surveys indicate that there are 16 more, enclosing up to eight pillars each, amounting to nearly 200 pillars in all. The slabs were transported from bedrock pits located approximately 100 metres (330 ft) from the hilltop, with workers using flint points to cut through the limestone bedrock.[22] snip

Layer II[edit]
A sort of totem pole from Göbekli Tepe, with portions of humanoid figures. Layer II, 8800–8000 BCE - Şanlıurfa (Urfa) Museum
Creation of the circular enclosures in layer III later gave way to the construction of small rectangular rooms in layer II. Rectangular buildings make a more efficient use of space compared with circular structures. They often are associated with the emergence of the Neolithic,[26] but the T-shaped pillars, the main feature of the older enclosures, also are present here, indicating that the buildings of Layer II continued to serve the same function in the culture, presumably as sanctuaries.[27] Layer II is assigned to Pre-Pottery Neolithic B (PPNB). The several adjoining rectangular, doorless and windowless rooms have floors of polished lime reminiscent of Roman terrazzo floors. Carbon dating has yielded dates between 8800 and 8000 BCE.[28] Several T-pillars up to 1.5 meters tall occupy the center of the rooms. A pair decorated with fierce-looking lions is the rationale for the name "lion pillar building" by which their enclosure is known.[29] snip

Layer I[edit]
Layer I is the uppermost part of the hill. It is the shallowest, but accounts for the longest stretch of time. It consists of loose sediments caused by erosion and the virtually-uninterrupted use of the hill for agricultural purposes since it ceased to operate as a ceremonial center.
The site was deliberately backfilled sometime after 8000 BCE: the buildings were buried under debris, mostly flint gravel, stone tools, and animal bones.[31] In addition to Byblos points (weapon heads, such as arrowheads etc.) and numerous Nemrik points, Helwan-points, and Aswad-points dominate the backfill's lithic inventory.

Happy?

Mimsey

Then there's this:

Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
Predating Stonehenge by 6,000 years, Turkey’s stunning Gobekli Tepe upends the conventional view of the rise of civilization
Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/hist...ds-first-temple-83613665/#rQcLH8eeSq4BLl9S.99
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://bit.ly/1cGUiGv
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

Six miles from Urfa, an ancient city in southeastern Turkey, Klaus Schmidt has made one of the most startling archaeological discoveries of our time: massive carved stones about 11,000 years old, crafted and arranged by prehistoric people who had not yet developed metal tools or even pottery. The megaliths predate Stonehenge by some 6,000 years. The place is called Gobekli Tepe, and Schmidt, a German archaeologist who has been working here more than a decade, is convinced it's the site of the world's oldest temple.
Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/hist...ds-first-temple-83613665/#rQcLH8eeSq4BLl9S.99

Or this:

What is Göbekli Tepe’s True Age?

It is said that Gobleki Tepe is the oldest man-made structure on Earth. With our method, we have proven that this intriguing structure is “just” one of the many very ancient monuments Homo sapiens has left behind. We have proven that Gobleki Tepe’s age stretches out over a period of more than 250,000 years. Human history and Earth’s history appear to be intimately entangled.

https://mariobuildreps.com/gobekli-tepe-true-age/

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
La La Lou Lou: "Where is the evidence that these things he is talking about are true if he's so scientific. Where are the readings that say that the temple in Turkey is as old as he says?"

Humm. Let's ask wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Göbekli_Tepe

Dating[edit]
View of site and excavation
Earliest carbon-14 dates for Göbekli Tepe as of 2013.[13]
The imposing stratigraphy of Göbekli Tepe attests to many centuries of activity, beginning at least as early as the Epipaleolithic period. Structures identified with the succeeding period, Pre-Pottery Neolithic A (PPNA), have been dated to the 10th millennium BCE.[citation needed] Remains of smaller buildings identified as Pre-Pottery Neolithic B (PPNB) and dating from the 9th millennium BCE have also been unearthed.[citation needed]
A number of radiocarbon dates have been published[citation needed]:
Lab-Number Context cal BCE
Ua-19561 enclosure C 7560 –7370
Ua-19562 enclosure B 8280–7970
Hd-20025 Layer III 9110–8620
Hd-20036 Layer III 9130–8800
The Hd samples are from charcoal in the fill of the lowest levels of the site and would date the end of the active phase of occupation of Level III - the actual structures will be older. The Ua samples come from pedogenic carbonate coatings on pillars and only indicate the time after the site was abandoned—the terminus ante quem.[14]
Layer III
At this early stage of the site's history, circular compounds or temene first appear. They range from 10 to 30 metres in diameter. Their most notable feature is the presence of T-shaped limestone pillars evenly set within thick interior walls composed of unworked stone. Four such circular structures have been unearthed so far. Geophysical surveys indicate that there are 16 more, enclosing up to eight pillars each, amounting to nearly 200 pillars in all. The slabs were transported from bedrock pits located approximately 100 metres (330 ft) from the hilltop, with workers using flint points to cut through the limestone bedrock.[22] snip

Layer II[edit]
A sort of totem pole from Göbekli Tepe, with portions of humanoid figures. Layer II, 8800–8000 BCE - Şanlıurfa (Urfa) Museum
Creation of the circular enclosures in layer III later gave way to the construction of small rectangular rooms in layer II. Rectangular buildings make a more efficient use of space compared with circular structures. They often are associated with the emergence of the Neolithic,[26] but the T-shaped pillars, the main feature of the older enclosures, also are present here, indicating that the buildings of Layer II continued to serve the same function in the culture, presumably as sanctuaries.[27] Layer II is assigned to Pre-Pottery Neolithic B (PPNB). The several adjoining rectangular, doorless and windowless rooms have floors of polished lime reminiscent of Roman terrazzo floors. Carbon dating has yielded dates between 8800 and 8000 BCE.[28] Several T-pillars up to 1.5 meters tall occupy the center of the rooms. A pair decorated with fierce-looking lions is the rationale for the name "lion pillar building" by which their enclosure is known.[29] snip

Layer I[edit]
Layer I is the uppermost part of the hill. It is the shallowest, but accounts for the longest stretch of time. It consists of loose sediments caused by erosion and the virtually-uninterrupted use of the hill for agricultural purposes since it ceased to operate as a ceremonial center.
The site was deliberately backfilled sometime after 8000 BCE: the buildings were buried under debris, mostly flint gravel, stone tools, and animal bones.[31] In addition to Byblos points (weapon heads, such as arrowheads etc.) and numerous Nemrik points, Helwan-points, and Aswad-points dominate the backfill's lithic inventory.

Happy?

Mimsey

At Uni we were not allowed to use wikipedia as a source. There's too many 'citation needed' bits. I used it anyway, always the rebel, just had to back up the data with real citations. Anyway, thanks for the data here. 10000 BCE means about 12000 years old which is about the time of the end of the ice age and doesn't cause me too much stress. The stone structure is amazing, the carvings very sophisticated and I'm sure earlier stuff will be found, possibly about a hundred miles or so west in the sea between Turkey and Cyprus under water, something about the style has connections to the Cretan culture to my eye, also into Syria, currently not the best place for archaeologists.

About the pyramids... The Sudanese claim that Nubian pyramids were predating the Egyptian ones by 2000 years, the Egyptians disagree. The Nubian civilisation possibly predates the Egyptians and they may have made pyramids earlier. Looking at videos I find that either the Sudanese pyramids were made by White skinned Aryan tribes, or black Nubian ones. This is the point it's not data it's racial propaganda! It's hard to find actual data in this field, every one is selective about their 'facts' and using hem to prove their prejudices, leaving out any finds that disprove their fixed ideas, not scientific at all.

So, I looked at your posted link and I wonder A) was the date for the coal correct? B) Why haven't more objects been found? I ask A) because lightning can petrify wood instantly, and one wonders if in a massive electrical barrage of lightning, could a whole forest be petrified? Being stone, it is carbon dating proof and any date is therefor suspect. So an ancient petrified forest may not be as old as believed. Could coal dating have a similar flaw?

Perhaps in the case of B, the mining done, back when most of those were found, was hand work and modern equipment would destroy any such artifacts.

Mimsey

Rapid Petrification
Posted by Alpha Omega Institute on Nov 19, 2009 in Creation Nuggets | 1 comment
How long does it take to petrify wood (i.e., turn it to stone) ? Not long! Public service officials have reported instant petrified wood resulting from lightning strikes. It amazed the chain saw operators who tried to remove the stricken tree. Loggers were also responsible for other instant petrified wood. They accidentally felled a tree across a high voltage line. The power discharged into the ground producing intense heat, melting the ground. A tree sucked the molten material into its roots, producing instant petrified wood.
The University of Arizona has developed and patented a process to produce rapid petrification (turning to stone) of wood. They plan to produce petrified fence posts. This is not a bad idea since these solid rock posts do not rot, and horses do not chew on them. It apparently takes a short enough time, that it is commercially feasible. This certainly shows that if the conditions are just right, millions of years are not needed to turn wood into stone like we are usually taught.

https://www.discovercreation.org/blog/2009/11/19/rapid-petrification/

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Gobekli Tepe is late news. Check out this Stuff found in coal
It would be lovely if this was true, if only to upset the Ceationists.

There are so many holes in the given 'facts' though. A photo of a gold chain, it's not the gold chain that was supposedly found, so why put it there? . An Indian bell apparently found inside coal, then scrubbed clean so that no one could test the surface. If a bell was found still half embedded in coal it could be examined by the experts. I'm willing to accept interesting anomalies as long as there is actual evidence.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
So, I looked at your posted link and I wonder A) was the date for the coal correct? B) Why haven't more objects been found? I ask A) because lightning can petrify wood instantly, and one wonders if in a massive electrical barrage of lightning, could a whole forest be petrified? Being stone, it is carbon dating proof and any date is therefor suspect. So an ancient petrified forest may not be as old as believed. Could coal dating have a similar flaw?

Perhaps in the case of B, the mining done, back when most of those were found, was hand work and modern equipment would destroy any such artifacts.

Mimsey

Rapid Petrification
Posted by Alpha Omega Institute on Nov 19, 2009 in Creation Nuggets | 1 comment
How long does it take to petrify wood (i.e., turn it to stone) ? Not long! Public service officials have reported instant petrified wood resulting from lightning strikes. It amazed the chain saw operators who tried to remove the stricken tree. Loggers were also responsible for other instant petrified wood. They accidentally felled a tree across a high voltage line. The power discharged into the ground producing intense heat, melting the ground. A tree sucked the molten material into its roots, producing instant petrified wood.
The University of Arizona has developed and patented a process to produce rapid petrification (turning to stone) of wood. They plan to produce petrified fence posts. This is not a bad idea since these solid rock posts do not rot, and horses do not chew on them. It apparently takes a short enough time, that it is commercially feasible. This certainly shows that if the conditions are just right, millions of years are not needed to turn wood into stone like we are usually taught.

https://www.discovercreation.org/blog/2009/11/19/rapid-petrification/
Mimsey I didn't think coal and petrified trees are the same thing, so I googled around a bit, you'll like this...
http://www.0095.info/en/index_thesesen_95onesentencethesesagainste_petroleumcoalandpetrifiedwo.html

I do see them as different, but parallel examples of our lack of good understanding of the past. There are rock formations that are completely impossible by the gradualist theories - older rock above younger.

Or this:

220px-London_Hammer.jpg

If you watch some of Andrew Hall's videos about the rock formations in the west US there are astounding reasons for them.

I think we, as Graham Hancock put is it, a race with amnesia of our actual past. Look at how many lost cities are under the jungles in south America we just found, or recent discoveries of the rivers and cities under the Sahara, or examples of submerged cities under the oceans. We clearly are a post apocalyptic civilization.

Mimsey

Last edited: