What's new

Should I contact these old friends in the church?

rich mac

thanks to Mary for giving me information and possible contact for Claire.
I don’t know what to do with or for Claire.
I watched Lean Remedi docudrama on Scientology , being recently retired and doing a little thinking back, began to wonder what happened to Claire.
I think knowing she is still with the cult is amazing to me. I gave up on the Magic wand theory over 45 years ago.
I feel bad that I led her to it,
There are 3 people in my thoughts lately
Don who took one class on my lead and declined further involvement
And Phil T. who led me to the cult.
He has a facebook page – is living in Clear Water , Fl so I am assuming he has stayed all these years in the cult , too.
I don’t think he was SO but did the anti drug kids thing.
Such as waste
I could easily contact him but
I am unsure where I am going with this.
I was hoping that they were not in the cult and we could laugh about it all.
I have not even told my wife about this so thanks for listening,
I am pretty sure neither Phil not Claire would be receptive to contact.
I guess my fear is that once I act on this , it isn't something from 45 + years ago.

I took 2 classes in COS in 71-2. Nobody tried to stop me- I just faded away. But my mailing address changed and years later my mother said I got a boat load of mail from COS. She didn't pass it on just trashed it. And I was 20 something - no permanent phone.
Thoughts?
Mac

Teanntás

Silver Meritorious Patron
I watched Lean Remedi docudrama on Scientology , being recently retired and doing a little thinking back, began to wonder what happened to Claire.
I think knowing she is still with the cult is amazing to me. I gave up on the Magic wand theory over 45 years ago.
He has a facebook page – is living in Clear Water , Fl so I am assuming he has stayed all these years in the cult , too.
Such as waste
I guess my fear is that once I act on this , it isn't something from 45 + years ago.

I took 2 classes in COS in 71-2. Nobody tried to stop me- I just faded away. But my mailing address changed and years later my mother said I got a boat load of mail from COS. She didn't pass it on just trashed it. And I was 20 something - no permanent phone.
Thoughts?
Mac
I think you must ask yourself what would renewing your contacts accomplish.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Such as waste

Thoughts?
Mac
And what is the potential down side? In my opinion you're very fortunate to have gotten out of scn when you did. If you got back into contact with these individuals, might your desire to re-experience the rapport you once shared with them lead you to put your toe back into the water? You may think that can't happen, but are you sure? That would be a very bad thing.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Ah, and the one I thought I was falling in love with who announced happily one day " I'm joining the SO "!

A path I knew I could never follow and love that went unexpressed. " Over the rainbow " & all that. Out of touch. Stay in ? Still in ? I'll never know.

So goes life when one flirts with that cult.